four elephants and a turtle???

• 29 Replies
« on: October 09, 2006, 02:06:00 PM »
Ok, after reading the FAQ's I have bunches of questions I could comment on, but I am limiting myself to just this one.  This is what the FAQ says.

Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

Ok, seriously???????  You put that in there and want people to honestly believe anything else you say?  Four elephants and a turtle.  Why a turtle?  How exactly does he help the elephants out??

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 02:10:30 PM »
The taciturn turtle keeps the elated elephants from falling into the vacuous void when they laugh uncontrollably at questions like this.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 02:13:31 PM »
Quote from: Erasmus
The taciturn turtle keeps the elated elephants from falling into the vacuous void when they laugh uncontrollably at questions like this.

I figured you answer would be something like that.  Have already read enough on here to see that coming.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 02:32:18 PM »
I mean, come on, you had a bunch of questions to ask and you decided to ask that one?  What did you expect?  "Yes, the turtle and elephants form the bedrock not only of the Earth but of our entire theory," or something like that?
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 04:43:22 PM »
No, after reading much of the other posts on here I saw what a futile effort it would have been to ask most of the other questions.  As far as I had seen there were no comments to this answer, and I wanted to ask about it.

I just wonder how given that answer, we are supposed to take the rest of the FAQ seriously.  A little more explanation to it might help, but if you want any of that taken even remotely seriously then I suggest either explaining it or not saying it at all.  Because right now it really just makes you laugh.  And I don't think you want everyone laughing at the entire thing.

?

GeoGuy

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 04:47:32 PM »
Quote from: "gatoratc18"

I just wonder how given that answer, we are supposed to take the rest of the FAQ seriously.  A little more explanation to it might help, but if you want any of that taken even remotely seriously then I suggest either explaining it or not saying it at all.  Because right now it really just makes you laugh.  And I don't think you want everyone laughing at the entire thing.

Then it's done its job. That reference in the FAQ was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 05:34:57 PM »
unless ur completely retarded/lived in a hole/never watched tv/have sum wierd disease that stops u from thinking...u'd have known that was a joke.

it came from an ancient belief that indeed 4 elephants standing on a turtles back DID hold up the flat earth. its just the FE'ers poking fun at themselves  :wink:

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 11:20:14 AM »
Actually yes, I did know it was a joke.  My question is how or why do you expect any of the rest of it to be taken seriously when you have that in there?  Cause truth be told, I laughed my way through most of that FAQ and I don't think that was your goal for the whole overall thing.  

And yes, I know the reference to the ancient belief as well as the fictional story about Discworld and the Great A'tuin.

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 11:29:43 AM »
Actually yes, I did know it was a joke.  My question is how or why do you expect any of the rest of it to be taken seriously when you have that in there?  Cause truth be told, I laughed my way through most of that FAQ and I don't think that was your goal for the whole overall thing.  

And yes, I know the reference to the ancient belief as well as the fictional story about Discworld and the Great A'tuin.

No one can have their cake and eat it too.

Absolutely no one.
ttp://theflatearthsociety.org/forums/search.php

"Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

?

mjk

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 10:26:58 PM »

if you laughed your way though the FAQ, wait till you find the threads about Penguins and intelligent Dinosaurs, you my literally DIE of laughter :lol:
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

beast

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 10:37:37 PM »
Quote from: "mjk"
you may literally DIE of laughter

:shock:

Will make an effort to stay away from those topics...

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 04:29:08 AM »
Quote from: mjk

if you laughed your way though the FAQ, wait till you find the threads about Penguins and intelligent Dinosaurs, you my literally DIE of laughter :lol:

ooh, please tell me where I can find those threads!  Haven't seen those, and could really use the entertainment!

?

mjk

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 05:55:06 AM »
bah, cant find it.................yet
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

?

mjk

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2006, 05:56:03 AM »

ooh, please tell me where I can find those threads!  Haven't seen those, and could really use the entertainment!

enjoy :)

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2006, 05:57:31 AM »
Oh my gosh, you just made my day!!!!!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 08:21:09 AM »
Yes, I put it in the FAQ for a joke but it's also an ancient Hindu belief, or so I am told.

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 08:52:46 AM »
Quote from: cheesejoff
Yes, I put it in the FAQ for a joke but it's also an ancient Hindu belief, or so I am told.

so you are told??  You couldn't even take the effort to find that out for yourself?  

Do you believe everything you are told?  Or just things that have no scientific proof?

beast

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 09:00:56 AM »
I never believe people who don't know how to use bb code.

But also it's obviously completely irrelevent as to if the 4 elephants on the turtle myth is ancient Hindu or not.  There is no reason why Cheesejoff would need to look that up and confirm it.  It's a joke.  Jokes don't have to be literally factual as well as funny.

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 12:16:30 PM »
On a site where people believe in huge ice wall, genetically engineered penguins and an orbiting sun, it is kinda hard to tell whats a joke and what isnt.
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

beast

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »
Quote from: "Yardstick2006"
On a site where people believe in huge ice wall, genetically engineered penguins and an orbiting sun, it is kinda hard to tell whats a joke and what isnt.

For you maybe.  I can sense which parts of what you've mentioned sound just a little too silly to be serious...

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 06:54:29 PM »
On a site where people believe in ... an orbiting sun, it is kinda hard to tell whats a joke and what isnt.

B-but... in the RE the sun orbits too :(

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 01:00:25 AM »
i wanted to see some hardcore turtle on elephant action.

severly dissapointed
0\/ @r3 @|| n00b$!

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 01:44:04 AM »
Quote from: "Unimportant"
On a site where people believe in ... an orbiting sun, it is kinda hard to tell whats a joke and what isnt.

Umm, no dickweed, the EARTH orbits the SUN.
quote="Dogplatter"]
Penguins were actually created in the 1960's by Russian scientists who combined the DNA of otters and birds.  [/quote]

LOL

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 04:32:45 AM »

And how do you know this, have you observed this for yourself?
he Engineer and GeoGuy are douchebags. Period.

Also, they smell bad.

beast

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2006, 04:35:48 AM »
Clearly that point is talking about what happens in "RE theory".  Surely in round Earth theory there is no dispute about the Earth orbiting the Sun?

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »
Quote from: "Joseph Bloom"

And how do you know this, have you observed this for yourself?

Jesus fucking Christ are all Flat Earther completly retarded? If the sun obited the earth it would get smaller and wouldnt sink below the horizon.
quote="Dogplatter"]

LOL

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 12:21:55 PM »
Im an elephant. I make love to babies.

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 12:22:27 PM »
Quote from: "Janrokelli Grimboner"
Im an elephant. I make love to babies.

Please, don't come around here to troll, you fucking waste of human being.

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 12:23:54 PM »
Coming from you, you necropaedophile. My kids will never recover from the pain you put them through.

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 12:24:24 PM »
That will teach them not to eat my pies, asshole.