The floor of the universe

• 8 Replies
The floor of the universe
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:41:34 PM »
In this thread I'd like to discuss the possibility of an infinite earth serving as the foundation or the floor of the universe. This has been discussed before however I kinda wanna resurrect this topic and get feedback from both round and flat earthers on this. This model basically assumes that a universe may have a physical endless world called the floor and above this terrestrial foundation there are spherical objects called planets. This is not to claim that our earth is infect the floor of the universe, I just need you guys to give me your opinion if such model of the universe is possible?
JJA voted for Pedro

Re: The floor of the universe
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »
im confused becuse you start by saying

"the possibility of an infinite earth serving as the foundation or the floor of the universe"

but at the end say

"This is not to claim that our earth is infect the floor of the universe."

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 03:12:22 PM »
im confused becuse you start by saying

"the possibility of an infinite earth serving as the foundation or the floor of the universe"

but at the end say

"This is not to claim that our earth is infect the floor of the universe."

When I use the term earth, I imply any terrestrial world be it ours or alien. I also believe that there are many versions of the earth. Technically any planet or world resembling our world can be called earth. But lets not deviate from the topic, please discuss the original question.
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:16:54 PM »
well my first question would be how would such a thing form? it sea to me to be quite a improbable form for the universe to take.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:22:19 PM by Pythagoras »

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »
well my first question would be how would such a thing form?

I appreciate you responding to my thread, but you are already jumping to details. Don't think about how it formed or what caused it,  I'm a philosopher not a physicist, so lets say God created it.
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
well UA wouldnt work becuse an ifinate plane would have infinat mass which would requier infinet energy to continualy accelerate and their is not infinate energy in the universe.

*edit* well UA in my opinion wouldnt work anyway but certainly not even by FE rules in this model.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:32:12 PM by Pythagoras »

Lorddave

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
Only one plane can be the foundation of the universe.  Therefore, you must choose which planet/plane/"Earth" will be the foundation.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
well UA wouldnt work becuse an ifinate plane would have infinat mass which would requier infinet energy to continualy accelerate and their is not infinate energy in the universe.

Infinite plane models rely on standard gravitation. There would be no UA were the earth an infinite plane.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »
Do you mean an infinite Earth that serves as some sort of 'downward' limit on the universe? In other words, excluding the possibility of a bisecting infinite plane?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord