does the sun speed up and slow down with the seasons in the flat earth?

• 29 Replies
i'm trying to understand how the sun moves in the flat earth.

the FAQ shows the flat earth underneath an orbiting sun like this:

the sun travels in circles, orbiting the north pole at the geometric center, according to the diagram.

the small light yellow circle is the tropic of cancer, and on 21 june the sun will orbit there around 37,000 km, in 24 hours, with equal 12 hour periods of light and dark.

the big brown circle is the tropic of capricorn, and the total length of the sun's orbit there on 21 december will be around 79,000 km. and the sun also covers that distance in 24 hours, with equal 12 hour periods of light and dark.

what this means is that the sun travels in a much larger circle in december than it does in june, in the same 24 hours. about twice as far. so it must go twice as fast.

--  what makes it do that?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 10:25:18 PM by kevinagain »
true wisdom is always concise

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Re: does the sun speed up and slow down with the seasons in the flat earth?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 12:51:00 AM »
The orbit of the sun described in the FAQ is incorrect: the sun rises and sets.

Here is a better diagram:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,55467.msg1385488.html#msg1385488

(fred bruenjes - black sun antarctica photograph - absolute proof that the sun rises/sets)

ISS/Atlantis solar/lunar transit videos, true diameter of the Sun:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,55467.msg1385207.html#msg1385207

Northern/Southern circumpolar and Regular constellation orbits FLAT EARTH MAP

There are three kinds of stellar orbits: southern/northern circumpolar and regular.

Here is the photograph to prove it:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0903/5hOHPsanterne900.jpg

See the following links for complete explanations:

http://theflatearthsociety.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=33520#p34143
http://theflatearthsociety.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=33520#p33509
http://theflatearthsociety.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=33520#p33520

Book of Luminaries (explanation for the first diagram):

http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/enoch.html#Enoch_71

Lorddave

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:35:27 AM »
How can you have North being the top of the planer map when North is the center?
I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 07:57:49 AM »
Is Mount Terag, Mount Everest.
Your map makes Antarctica a separate continent which makes a lot of sense.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 08:59:42 AM »
The Piri Reis flat earth map is by far the very best FE map posted here so far; it removes all difficulties associated with the incomplete, northern circumpolar map featured in the FAQ.

Mt. Terag (Bundahis, or Pahlavi/Iranian cosmology) is the central mountain, or mount Meru.

Here is the best demonstration that the location of the Garden of Eden (and thus of mt. Meru) is very near to the Sea of Marmara:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,30499.40.html#.UOHBSeQp9kY

The very best demonstration that the North Pole was never actually discovered (neither Perry nor Cook could go beyond a certain very extended area perhaps more than 1000 miles in circumference):

http://www.preterhuman.net/texts/conspiracy/Dr.%20R.%20W.%20Bernard%20-%20The%20Hollow%20Earth.PDF

Inside the Schumann cavity (aether shield/barrier) we have two other areas which also are shielded from exploration, namely the so-called North Pole and South Pole regions; above these regions we have the northern/southern circumpolar stellar orbits.

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 04:56:36 PM »
The orbit of the sun described in the FAQ is incorrect: the sun rises and sets.

Here is a better diagram:

so in this model, the sun orbits the disk of the earth's surface, and the plane of the orbit approaches and recedes from the center of the stationary disk with the seasons.

in a round earth model, nighttime results from the earth rotating away from the sun, until it apparently dips below the horizon at dusk. your model seems to create night and day in the same way, as the sun falls below the horizon, circles under the disk, and then reappears at the other side.

yet i can talk to my wife on the telephone, and she will describe how it is dark where she is, but where i am a thousand or so miles away, the sun is still above the horizon. this seems impossible to me if all the landmasses on the earth's disk are illuminated and darkened simultaneously.

what is it that makes night and day in your model?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 11:27:39 PM »
Although they are not drawn to scale, the diagrams in the following video will be helpful to better understand daytime/nighttime models on a flat earth:

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">Vedic Cosmology - Mysteries of the Sacred Universe

Here is a video taken near the north polar circle:

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">Never Ending Sun - Avi Hochberg

NOT ANYTHING RESEMBLING in the slightest way the theory of the sun in the round earth scenario; the Sun makes several arcs of a circle paths, each time stopping clearly and going a direction/angle incompatible with the round earth theory; it disproves immediately what we have been taught all along about the Sun.

Remember, that in the RE theory, you have to deal with the Faint Young Sun Paradox, which has never been disproven...

The fact that the explosion from Tunguska, in1908, was seen all the way from London is the perfect proof that the surface of the Earth is actually flat.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »
Here is a video taken near the north polar circle:

NOT ANYTHING RESEMBLING in the slightest way the theory of the sun in the round earth scenario; the Sun makes several arcs of a circle paths, each time stopping clearly and going a direction/angle incompatible with the round earth theory; it disproves immediately what we have been taught all along about the Sun.
Actually, your video shows exactly what RET predicts that the sun should see for observers near the north pole during the Arctic spring/summer.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:57:20 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »
No, it does not; it looks like nothing resembling the diagram you posted.

The Sun makes several arcs of a circle paths, each time stopping clearly and going a direction/angle incompatible with the round earth theory; it disproves immediately what we have been taught all along about the Sun.

The full orbit (in the entire video) is made up clearly of several arcs of a circle with stops between them and a very clear change of angle/direction each time a new arc/path is started, exactly what you'd expect in the alternative flat earth theory of the Sun's orbit.

Your diagram is a work of art, with no connection to the real world; in this, the real world, the orbit of the Sun is made up of several arcs of a circle, with a definite change of direction as can be seen from the video I posted.

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 11:49:50 AM »

Are we supposed to believe that this isn't photoshopped? There's a visible line round the man!
 :o
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 12:03:41 PM »
You haven't been here long enough...

Here is the entire discussion on the photographs taken in Antarctica by Fred Bruenjes:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,55467.msg1385488.html#msg1385488

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,55467.msg1385702.html#msg1385702

No 384,000 km between Fred Bruenjes (one of the world's greatest photographers) and the "Moon"; a perfect proof that the Sun does actually rise and set, and that its diameter is a mere 600 meters in size (matching perfectly the proofs from the solar transit videos).

Now, the same photograph magnified:

The end of all RE illusions.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
Thank you Sandokhan. The link to the thread you supplied was very useful, as another poster has neatly summarised, with quotes, just how the image was doctored to produce that effect.
Though even back in that thread the same question is raised that I happened to ask a couple of days ago - where is the moon during a solar eclipse?
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 12:59:46 PM »
HERE ARE THE WORDS OF FRED BRUENJES HIMSELF:

To the doubters: this is a real image, I was really there and that's what it really looked like. Interestingly, people who have never seen a total solar eclipse think it's fake, while people who HAVE seen a total eclipse (particularly those with me in Antarctica) think I got the image exactly right!

The image was the Astronomy Picture of the Day on December 8th, 2003, and was CNN.com's Space Scene of the week starting December 17th, 2003. My website got half a million hits during December 2003.

Here is the original image, with no processing whatsoever, this is enough to shatter your illusions:

Again, F. Bruenjes:

I have increased the color saturation slightly to better show the green thru red corona colors, otherwise the image is truthful.

The essential features of the photographs were NOT changed: the size of the Black Sun, and of course, the distance to this heavenly body, which does cause the solar eclipse.

Here is the same photograph as above, magnified: it immediately shatters everything we have been taught about the real cause of the solar eclipse:

By the way, you should remember that in the real/alternative flat earth theory, the Moon does rise and set at regular times; and it might not be visible during the few minutes the Black Sun covers entirely the Sun in Antarctica; very easy to explain...

Ask yourself this question: how could the Moon orbit the Earth without attractive gravity?

Now more photographs from the expedition in Antarctica:

This is the REAL world: the Moon does not cause the solar eclipse, the Sun does rise and set,  the Black Sun is to be found right next to the outer limit of the Schumann Cavity.

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 03:29:05 PM »
Sandokhan, I think posting the same picture twelve times in the one thread is quite enough.
The Schumann cavity is a property of a round earth, by the way. I think you're confused.
Are you going to answer the question about where the moon is during this event? Please?

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »
Although they are not drawn to scale, the diagrams in the following video will be helpful to better understand daytime/nighttime models on a flat earth:

sandokhan, thank you for providing the videos. unfortunately, i drive a tractor trailer for a living, and truck stop wifi seldom has anything approaching high speed data transfer. i can look at the shorter video, but the longer one is out of my reach.

the short video of the north polar sun looks exactly like what i would expect to see in a round earth above the arctic circle: the sun orbits the observer five times, apparently rising higher and dipping lower as the angle of the observer rises and falls, relative to the plane of the ecliptic. i am unable to detect the reversals that you apparently see in the video.

can you pinpoint the minute and second that the reversals occur?

would you please explain their relevance to day and night at lower latitudes?

in your flat earth model, where is the sun during periods of darkness? are all portions of the disk illuminated and shadowed simultaneously?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 07:54:40 PM »
No, it does not; it looks like nothing resembling the diagram you posted.

The Sun makes several arcs of a circle paths, each time stopping clearly and going a direction/angle incompatible with the round earth theory; it disproves immediately what we have been taught all along about the Sun.

How exactly does that video show anything incompatible with RET?

The full orbit (in the entire video) is made up clearly of several arcs of a circle with stops between them and a very clear change of angle/direction each time a new arc/path is started, exactly what you'd expect in the alternative flat earth theory of the Sun's orbit.

That is exactly what you would expect north of the Arctic circle during certain times of the year in round earth theory as well. 

Your diagram is a work of art, with no connection to the real world; in this, the real world, the orbit of the Sun is made up of several arcs of a circle, with a definite change of direction as can be seen from the video I posted.

I don't think that you really understand the theory that you're trying to refute.  The diagram that I provided was merely to illustrate the principles that explain how the midnight sun works in RET.  Please explain exactly how this conflicts with the video that you provided.

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 08:17:59 PM »

That is exactly what you would expect north of the Arctic circle during certain times of the year in round earth theory as well.

^^^this makes no sense to me.

are you talking about epicycles?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 08:28:08 PM »

^^^this makes no sense to me.

are you talking about epicycles?

No, I'm talking about the tilt of the earth's rotational axis causing the sun to appear to approach the horizon, but not quite set before rising again in certain parts of the earth during certain times of the year.

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 08:32:38 PM »
what are these mysterious "stops?"

above the arctic circle in the northern hemisphere's summer the sun never "stops." it orbits in a continuous circle above the horizon, at least once.

that circle is higher above the horizon at one part of the day than the other.

are these "stops" just geometric points where the motion changes sign?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »
I already answered your question about the location of the Moon during the Antarctica solar eclipse, kevin.

The Schumann Cavity is NOT a property of a round/spherical earth, you haven't done your homework.

We have Nikola Tesla's superb experiments with faster than light signals sent through the telluric currents (ether) which constitute the Schumann Cavity:

The most essential requirement is that irrespective of frequency the wave or wave-train should continue for a certain period of time, which I have estimated to be not less than one-twelfth or probably 0.08484 of a second and which is taken in passing to and returning from the region diametrically opposite the pole over the earth's surface with a mean velocity of about 471,240 kilometers per second [292,822 miles per second, a velocity equal to one and a half times the "official" speed of light].

Tesla Patent/original paper:

http://www.classictesla.com/Patent/us000787412.pdf

See also:

http://www.rastko.rs/rastko/delo/10868

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/tesla/esp_tesla_10.htm

Hertz's experiments with the Schumann Cavity were wrong, here is Tesla explaining what really happened:

TRUE WIRELESS, BY NIKOLA TESLA: explaining the tremendous mistakes committed by H. Hertz:

http://milan.milanovic.org/math/srpski/tesla/tesla3.html

Do I really have to tell you and markjo where the orbit of the Sun changes in the video?

SECONDS: 4, 16, 30, 42, 54, 1:05 and so on...

markjo, do you understand the meaning of the word continuous? Of course you do.

You posted a diagram showing a CONTINUOUS orbit the Earth around the Sun, right?

In the video, the orbit of the Sun IS NOT CONTINUOUS, it is made up of several arcs of a circle, we can clearly see the points at which it changes direction, absolutely incompatible with the spherical earth theory.

Again, the changes in the orbit obviously seen right in front of you in the video at seconds 4, 16, 30, 42, 54, 1:05 are perfectly compatible with the alternative FE theory, and absolutely incompatible with the RE theory.

The orbit of the Sun in the video IS NOT continuous, but it is made up of several arcs of a circle which defy the RE theory.

Salviati

• What is my Personal Text?
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 12:30:24 AM »
I already answered your question about the location of the Moon during the Antarctica solar eclipse, kevin.
[snip]

Guys, both Re'ers and Fe'ers, read very carefully what levee/sandokhan says, and when I say very carefully I mean very carefully.

I think he is the more intelligent person around here, absolutely no joke. Use the search function and read his posts, or at least browse them, some are neverending and unreadable. Use your brain and read beyond the bare words.

He is giving us a great lesson not about the shape of the Earth (well, also about the shape of the Earth), but about how the human mind works and thinks.

Seemingly nobody did realize it though.

Et de hoc satis.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:56:51 AM by Salviati »
Q: Why do you think the Earth is round?
A: Look out the window!

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 05:53:49 AM »

The Schumann Cavity is NOT a property of a round/spherical earth, you haven't done your homework.

yes, you're right, and i apologize. there's a vast amount of Q & A here, and trying to disentangle the various ideas is time consuming. i'll be able to look over your video from yesterday tonight, i hope, as it takes more internet speed than i have right now. thank you for the listing of links to previous conversations.

it doesn't help that the genuine stuff here is all mixed in with comments that are clearly un-serious. moonshrimp, for instance.

at least i think they're unserious.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 10:37:32 AM »
Do I really have to tell you and markjo where the orbit of the Sun changes in the video?

You posted a diagram showing a CONTINUOUS orbit the Earth around the Sun, right?

In the video, the orbit of the Sun IS NOT CONTINUOUS, it is made up of several arcs of a circle, we can clearly see the points at which it changes direction, absolutely incompatible with the spherical earth theory.

That's because the video is not a continuous time lapse.  It's a 24 hour time lapse that is looped several times.  Notice that the cloud formations are the same every "day" in that video.

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 06:04:49 PM »
yes, it goes around five times. i didn't notice that the video was actually looped, i just counted the same valley on the horizon five times to get the number of days in the video.

the sun rises during 180 degrees of the circuit, and falls during the other 180 degrees. there is a moment at the bottom and the top of the orbit each day when the apparent movement changes from rising to falling, and vice versa.

sandokhan, i'm still going through the various discussions of your alternative model.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 07:17:18 PM »
yes, it goes around five times. i didn't notice that the video was actually looped, i just counted the same valley on the horizon five times to get the number of days in the video.

Actually, I didn't notice either until I saw it the comments on the YouTube page.

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 12:10:02 PM »

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">Vedic Cosmology - Mysteries of the Sacred Universe

thank you, sandokhan. it's taken some time for me to get broadband access. this video was very helpful.

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 10:40:58 PM »

Again, the changes in the orbit obviously seen right in front of you in the video at seconds 4, 16, 30, 42, 54, 1:05 are perfectly compatible with the alternative FE theory, and absolutely incompatible with the RE theory.

The orbit of the Sun in the video IS NOT continuous, but it is made up of several arcs of a circle which defy the RE theory.
Arctic circle, summertime.  The sun is seen to be moving across the sky.  It comes close to the horizon at midnight, and reaches it's highest point at noon.  Up, down, up, down-noon, midnight, noon, midnight.  Granted the video is a 24 hour sequence looped, but it would be the same even if operator had let the camera run for two or more days.

That video does not defy RET, or fits it perfectly. 

Buy a globe and a flashlight and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:43:29 PM by 29silhouette »

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »
sandokhan, how much of your alternative flat earth theory just uses the vedic model for its physical explanation, and how much actually incorporates vedic theology?

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 06:02:31 AM »
This entire thread is a joke. Not an ounce of FE theory in it. Please refer to other threads where the phenomenon has been explained extensively (and I mean on a daily basis) according to the correct model.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 06:11:28 AM »
This entire thread is a joke. Not an ounce of FE theory in it. Please refer to other threads where the phenomenon has been explained extensively (and I mean on a daily basis) according to the correct model.

I'm sorry but which FE model is the correct FE model?