Moonshrimps - what's the deal?

• 97 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Moonshrimps - what's the deal?
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
What is the official Flat Earth Society position - is it just coincidence that the glow of these shrimps just happens to correspond exactly with what we'd see if the phases were caused by light falling on the moon from the sun?
And a second question - if the moon isn't lit by the sun, then why isn't it? What prevents sunlight from reaching it?

Of course the sunlight hits the moon. 
It's just absorbed by the living organisms on it.

How much sunlight hits the moon? What determines which part of the moon is struck by sunlight? Is the moon smooth or does it have surface features?
I can not answer those questions as I do not know the answer. Mostly because I haven't been to the moon to directly observe and test.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
What is the official Flat Earth Society position - is it just coincidence that the glow of these shrimps just happens to correspond exactly with what we'd see if the phases were caused by light falling on the moon from the sun?
And a second question - if the moon isn't lit by the sun, then why isn't it? What prevents sunlight from reaching it?

How much sunlight hits the moon? What determines which part of the moon is struck by sunlight? Is the moon smooth or does it have surface features?
I can not answer those questions as I do not know the answer. Mostly because I haven't been to the moon to directly observe and test.

And yet you're happy to state that the sunlight hitting the moon is absorbed by organisms living on it. You're happy to say there are creatures living on the moon, which would require going there, but not to pass comment on what area of the moon is struck by sunlight, something which does not require going there.
I am sorely tempted just to ignore your comments from now on. You do nothing but make up garbage. That, and your inability to read posts properly, are really starting to grate a bit. No wonder people on Youtube make videos about how ridiculous the FES is.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2012, 09:19:38 PM »
The theory of sonoluminecent shrimp-like creatures is a very real and serious theory that had the misfortune of having trolls champion it and beat it to death. Even in this thread, Markjo is showing a basic misunderstanding of the theory and arguing the strawmen that the trolls gave him. This troll target has turned many FE'ers away from the theory and is considered a joke by all but those that take the time to differentiate what it is from what it isn't.

The only thing I'm arguing against right now is the fact that if you think that lunar self-illumination can be explained by sonoluminescence, then you don't understand sonoluminescence.  Sonoluminescence is a very specific phenomenon that only happens under very specific conditions, none of which are known to exist on the moon. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoluminescence
Some facts about sonoluminescence:

• The light flashes from the bubbles are extremely short—between 35 and a few hundred picoseconds long—with peak intensities of the order of 1–10 mW.
  • The bubbles are very small when they emit the light—about 1 micrometre in diameter—depending on the ambient fluid (e.g., water) and the gas content of the bubble (e.g., atmospheric air).
Or, are you suggesting that FET has a different definition of sonoluminescence?  If so, then please feel free to provide one so as to clear up any confusion.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 09:23:13 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 03:52:54 AM »
no one has been able to explain to me how anything other than light from an outside source can match the observations seen in this photo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nothing but an outside source can explain what we are seeing. show me on photo of the moon that shows something that cant be explained by an outside source of light?

Lorddave

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 05:11:34 AM »

And yet you're happy to state that the sunlight hitting the moon is absorbed by organisms living on it. You're happy to say there are creatures living on the moon, which would require going there, but not to pass comment on what area of the moon is struck by sunlight, something which does not require going there.
I am sorely tempted just to ignore your comments from now on. You do nothing but make up garbage. That, and your inability to read posts properly, are really starting to grate a bit. No wonder people on Youtube make videos about how ridiculous the FES is.
I would hope you'd have figured it out by now. Ah well.

I'm new to FE arguing and not very good at it yet. Give me 6 months.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:13:07 AM by Lorddave »

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2012, 05:18:05 AM »
you joined in march 2010 and have posted 12,000 posts. how are you new to this? how is 6monts more going to help? you lose because you starting point of moon self illumination is wrong.

« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2012, 05:26:24 AM »

Am I to assume that the growing impression that you're trolling would be correct? Because that would explain everything.  :-B
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2012, 05:28:40 AM »
you will notice he has never relay actually answered a question with any evidence just simply asked more or tried diverting the conversation.

Lorddave

« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2012, 05:29:56 AM »
you joined in march 2010 and have posted 12,000 posts. how are you new to this? how is 6monts more going to help? you lose because you starting point of moon self illumination is wrong.
Do you think I've posted 12,000 posts in the upper forum? No. Most of my posting has been lower forum. It was only recently that I began posting up here.
As such, I have not been able to consolidate my zentenic observations into a reliable world view. Rather than keep quiet, I feel the urge of youth to speak my mind, even if the thoughts are not fully developed.
It does, however, allow me to find the holes in such ideas and plug them via you and Neil's constant analysis. So thanks. :)

Lorddave

« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2012, 05:31:43 AM »

Am I to assume that the growing impression that you're trolling would be correct? Because that would explain everything.  :-B
It would but that is not my goal.
Use the zentenic (curse my spelling) method to see past the obvious and find the truth.

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2012, 05:32:59 AM »

Use the zentenic (curse my spelling) method to see past the obvious and find the truth.

Ah, very well, looking at it zetetically I believe I have indeed found the answer. Thank you for your enlightenment.

Lorddave

« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2012, 05:34:56 AM »

Ah, very well, looking at it zetetically I believe I have indeed found the answer. Thank you for your enlightenment.
Yes. Enlightenment is my goal. Well done. :)

« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2012, 06:16:20 AM »
maybe post counts should not be counted in the lower fora.
I will speak to Willmore at once to correct this to avoid confusion.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #73 on: December 29, 2012, 07:33:46 AM »
LordDave has been here for quite a while. He even has 4 squares, which for me is even better than 5 wrenches. He is part of this forum. He may have avoided the FE-RE debate, but has participated on lots of debates on the lower fora. For me, he is a better user than some people with the "Elder Ones" mark.
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #74 on: December 29, 2012, 07:36:42 AM »
can anyone yet explain how the mountain ranges on the dark side of the terminal line on moon are lit up without using a outside light source? ???

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2012, 01:11:52 PM »
Some believe a bio-luminescent lifeform known as "Luna" causes the moon phases.
but since it is not in the official FAQ, it is only a theory.

Few things are in the official FAQ. Besides the fact that it's incomplete, it's a FAQ. Not an encyclopedia.

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »
Some believe a bio-luminescent lifeform known as "Luna" causes the moon phases.
but since it is not in the official FAQ, it is only a theory.

Few things are in the official FAQ. Besides the fact that it's incomplete, it's a FAQ. Not an encyclopedia.

Can we have a NAQ (Never Answered Questions)?

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
LordDave has been here for quite a while. He even has 4 squares, which for me is even better than 5 wrenches. He is part of this forum. He may have avoided the FE-RE debate, but has participated on lots of debates on the lower fora. For me, he is a better user than some people with the "Elder Ones" mark.

blasphemy
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »
no one has been able to explain to me how anything other than light from an outside source can match the observations seen in this photo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nothing but an outside source can explain what we are seeing. show me on photo of the moon that shows something that cant be explained by an outside source of light?

The bits that are bright are illuminated by the surface entities in those areas.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2013, 04:07:35 AM »
So the craters   are in shadow and the mountains are still lit up and after your observation you decide that it's not shadows in the creators and light still hitting the mountain top but light emiting organisms? How do they know to perfectly reproduce the affect we would see if the moon was where Re says it is and the sun lights it up like Re says it should? Is the ligh emitting organism in on the conspiracy to? I wonder how they get paid ???
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:10:19 AM by Pythagoras »

Salviati

• What is my Personal Text?
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 07:28:41 AM »
The bits that are bright are illuminated by the surface entities in those areas.
It is sufficient a shitty telescope for amateurs to see once and for all that the Moon is lit by the Sun and only by the Sun.

Look this:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7687/v0zlohzyzqlbvlztolfozb.mp4

it shows the variation of the shadows that craters and mountains cast in a timespan of few hours, according with the rotation of the Moon around the Earth.

More:

They are craters Aristoteles and Eudoxus shown at half a lunar cycle between each photo, when Sun lits them from two opposite sides; you can see that light and shadows are the other way around each other;

Even more:

it's Mare Nubium lit from two opposite sides by the Sun. Same story as before.

The supporters of the Moon's bioluminescence have something to say?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:01:32 AM by Salviati »
Q: Why do you think the Earth is round?
A: Look out the window!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2013, 09:09:40 AM »
So the craters   are in shadow and the mountains are still lit up and after your observation you decide that it's not shadows in the creators and light still hitting the mountain top but light emiting organisms? How do they know to perfectly reproduce the affect we would see if the moon was where Re says it is and the sun lights it up like Re says it should? Is the ligh emitting organism in on the conspiracy to? I wonder how they get paid ???

This is like asking how mountain goats know how to live on mountains.

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 03:49:07 PM »
I do not trust Lord Wilmore's testimony about the moonshrimps or any other lunar theories he has, because I just noticed this (can't imagine how I missed it for so long):
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,54468.0.html

The vice-president of your noble Society is scared of the moon.   ;D
It's quite cute how he puts links in to other forum posts as if they were scientific references.

?

Thork

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2013, 04:55:54 PM »
I do not trust Lord Wilmore's testimony about the moonshrimps or any other lunar theories he has, because I just noticed this (can't imagine how I missed it for so long):

It's quite cute how he puts links in to other forum posts as if they were scientific references.
Do you know anything about flat earth theory? Moonlight is extremely harmful. You can get diseases, scarring, lycanthropy, moonburn, headaches, fever, stomach issues. All sorts. Its very dangerous.

Foxy

• but it did happen
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2013, 07:02:27 PM »

Do you know anything about flat earth theory? Moonlight is extremely harmful. You can get diseases, scarring, lycanthropy, moonburn, headaches, fever, stomach issues. All sorts. Its very dangerous.

Is this belief shared by all of the FE believers? And can you show some examples of people being harmed by moonlight, with evidence?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 07:37:50 AM »
Oh yes, there is acually a wealth of evidence. I can't link it now, I'm driving, but moonlight has been shown to kill plants and cause seizures, to name a few. Hopefully someone can come along shortly and link that for you. If not, I can link them later today.

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »

I've gotta ask for an example of this.

Tintagel

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Full of Tinier Tintagels!
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »
You can get diseases, scarring, lycanthropy, moonburn, headaches, fever, stomach issues. All sorts. Its very dangerous.

All right - I admit I chuckled, but really Thork?  Lycanthropy?  :P

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2013, 09:54:50 AM »
luckily most of the world has the anti-moonlight gene.

Foxy

• but it did happen
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »
luckily most of the world has the anti-moonlight gene.

Is that a joke or are you serious? Like Thork's post, it comes off as either a complete joke or an assumption. Despite the claims that there are links and evidence, nobody is even willing to post any. I don't see how things like this are expected to be taken seriously without even trying to back it up.