Major new addition to the Flat Earth Library!

• 9 Replies

Daniel

• Administrator
Major new addition to the Flat Earth Library!
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:15:30 PM »
I just added about 300 pages of documents to the Library.  It's from Lady Blount's book "Flat or Spherical".  Like many of the Flat Earth books from that era, it's a collection of smaller works.  I've broken it into pieces as logically as possible.  There are 19 'chapters' so far and I'll be adding more materials over the Christmas holiday.  For now, though, here it is:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=62#flatorspherical

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Major new addition to the Flat Earth Library!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 12:04:37 PM »
I'd like to work with you in seriously bringing these books back to real print.  This would be a great launch for the flat earth society and Terra Firma to start printing our own original research.  I'll be making a thread on this as my hardware situation comes into fruition.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 07:09:59 PM »
The idea of printing this original research is a fantastic idea. I will be keeping an eye out for that thread and am interested in assisting with this project. It is an important concept and so worthy of a concerted effort.  I may be helpful in contributing to the efforts of supplies, marketing, funding or general admin that may be needed.               

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:16 AM »
I know I would gladly pay for a large portion of funds for new equipment.  Another option, of course, is PoD, which I could likely cover up front for the initial book run.  I have no choice now but to act quickly and will be assembling a methodology, layout and look and feel to my book within the next few months.  I'll try to keep folks up to date, as I see no reason why we shouldn't share this design if the work is done and it eases our life.

In all honesty, I want to pay attention to making quality books with fantastic design, layout, texture, feel, and readability with little to no fluff, aside from the occasional annotated version or editors note and forward.  Likely reimagined diagrams of course, or at least ones vectorized.

I'm currently working on some of the base plans around this.  I contacted a few folks in the past on the forum, and some showed minor interest in helping out, and I'm always up for help and will set up teams and forum when its time.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 07:04:10 PM »
Not sure how I missed this thread, but all of the above is awesome.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 09:29:30 AM »
Me and The Architect will be working on layout and spacing of a classic throughout the week.  I'll try to post anything clever we come up with, though everything is meta at the current time.

Tintagel

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Full of Tinier Tintagels!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »
I know I would gladly pay for a large portion of funds for new equipment.  Another option, of course, is PoD, which I could likely cover up front for the initial book run.  I have no choice now but to act quickly and will be assembling a methodology, layout and look and feel to my book within the next few months.  I'll try to keep folks up to date, as I see no reason why we shouldn't share this design if the work is done and it eases our life.

In all honesty, I want to pay attention to making quality books with fantastic design, layout, texture, feel, and readability with little to no fluff, aside from the occasional annotated version or editors note and forward.  Likely reimagined diagrams of course, or at least ones vectorized.

I'm currently working on some of the base plans around this.  I contacted a few folks in the past on the forum, and some showed minor interest in helping out, and I'm always up for help and will set up teams and forum when its time.

I'd be happy to assist with diagrams, or vectorizing old ones.  I've been a graphic designer for ... double-digit years now, we can say, a large portion of that in the print industry.  Feel free to PM me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
I'll definitely keep that in mind, thanks

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 03:39:52 PM »

The link is dead. Is this site still active or has it been moved to a new site? I can't find the 300 pages you posted?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence