Femto Photography

• 13 Replies
Femto Photography
« on: December 22, 2012, 10:13:12 AM »
hello guys.

i saw this article a while ago and didn't really connect if with some of the things said on this site until now. in particular this video relates to claims of bendy light, and pretty much shows in my opinion that light cannot bend in the way flat earth believers say it can.
any way i ask that if you are going to comment that you watch the whole video. its about 10 minuets long but fascinating i assure you. especial in relation to time distortions created in the image by recording at the speed of light.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2191451/The-camera-TRILLION-pictures-second--making-fast-watch-beams-light-travelling-slow-motion.html
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 10:15:09 AM by Pythagoras »

Re: Femto Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:58:31 AM »
hadn't seen that video posted before. did a search but didn't find anything. but still it dsnt have a thread of its own just mixied into other ones so hear it is. my question is that if light is "bendy" then how could they calculate the shape of an object around a corner unless the photons travel in predictable paths reflecting in predictable angles of objects, thus revealing the shape of the hidden object? the only way he could know the shape of the object if light bends is if he takes that into account in his calculations and he says him self all his research is open source and available to the masses because he wants people to develop this idea. so anyone else who looks at his methods will see he is taking bendy light (if it exists) into account.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:08:05 AM by Pythagoras »

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 02:06:24 AM »
Yeah that last video doesn't show light being bent. The light is just reflecting at angles of the inside of the water spout coming out of the side of he bottle. Just the same way as fibre optics work. This isn't bendy light at all. So nice try.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 05:00:29 AM »
Yeah that last video doesn't show light being bent. The light is just reflecting at angles of the inside of the water spout coming out of the side of he bottle. Just the same way as fibre optics work. This isn't bendy light at all. So nice try.

Reflection involves the bending of light rays.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:50:06 AM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 05:42:26 AM »
You know that bending and reflection are different thins right? Bending is changing of a course comstantly through its path usialy in a curv. Reflection is when it changes angle at a single point in its path once it meets a reflective surface.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 05:51:02 AM »
You know that bending and reflection are different thins right? Bending is changing of a course comstantly through its path usialy in a curv. Reflection is when it changes angle at a single point in its path once it meets a reflective surface.

A change of angle at a single point = the light bended.

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 06:22:18 AM »

A change of angle at a single point = the light bended.

bended? id watch out if i were you. rushy will think he is superior to you!

im assuming that this video was provided to try and prove bendy light that flat earth uses to describe the sunset. it does not it shows light behaving adsactly as it should in a round earth. it only appears to bend because the light waves are reflecting along the inside of the medium it is traveling in. now unless i have missed something the atmosphere isnt bendy.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
  • Venerated Official of the High Zetetic Council
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 01:50:02 PM »
hello guys.

i saw this article a while ago and didn't really connect if with some of the things said on this site until now. in particular this video relates to claims of bendy light, and pretty much shows in my opinion that light cannot bend in the way flat earth believers say it can.
any way i ask that if you are going to comment that you watch the whole video. its about 10 minuets long but fascinating i assure you. especial in relation to time distortions created in the image by recording at the speed of light.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2191451/The-camera-TRILLION-pictures-second--making-fast-watch-beams-light-travelling-slow-motion.html

While that video is indeed fascinating, unless it's a different one from the one I saw the light only passes through a coke bottle. That's hardly far enough to see curvature.

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »
While i agree to a point, the most interesting part of the video is towards the end when they show how they can see around corners with it. Which does require light to be traveling in straight predictable lines. I agree the distance is short maybe to short to be able to see any bend but I also have never seen any charts showing the degree of bend against the distance traveled. Has any such chart been produced? Or research done to show this?

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 02:14:00 PM »
While i agree to a point, the most interesting part of the video is towards the end when they show how they can see around corners with it. Which does require light to be traveling in straight predictable lines. I agree the distance is short maybe to short to be able to see any bend but I also have never seen any charts showing the degree of bend against the distance traveled. Has any such chart been produced? Or research done to show this?

I don't personally subscribe to EA, but it seems reasonable to assume that those who do would say that it curves similarly to the speed in which the Earth curves in RET.

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 02:23:48 PM »
As far as I am aware the only thing capable of bending light is gravity. Something that can be mathematically shown to fit real world observations. As far as I am aware. But I have never, although they may exist, seen any equations that can explain how light bends without gravity and in the way we can observe in the real world. Also this would need to be taken into account when using femto photography to see around corners.

Tausami

• Head Editor
  • Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
As far as I am aware the only thing capable of bending light is gravity. Something that can be mathematically shown to fit real world observations. As far as I am aware. But I have never, although they may exist, seen any equations that can explain how light bends without gravity and in the way we can observe in the real world. Also this would need to be taken into account when using femto photography to see around corners.

Again I don't subscribe to the theory, but EA stands for electromagnetic acceleration. I believe that they believe that the light 'bends' due to acceleration similarly to the way light refracts when it goes through water.