The Bible..

• 69 Replies

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
Re: The Bible..
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2010, 06:20:55 PM »
There are way too many Herods - I can't address each one - that would take forever.  Be specific on what you want.

Wow, is it possible that you're really that thick?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
At least I gave names, dates, places, book titles, and cited references in almost all my posts, and yet never received one from you.  That's Ok, it's all good.

Are you asking me to provide historical references for characters and places in Dr Zhivago?

No I meant EG who said he had resources on Hittites but did not supply them.  And EG only mentioned one other Troy - there were many.

There are way too many Herods - I can't address each one - that would take forever.  Be specific on what you want.

Wow, is it possible that you're really that thick?

I'm thick?  That was lovely Roundy.  But now seeing EG's comment I know the one you want, but you did not know which Herod - it was Herod the Great.  But I'm the thick one - O.K.

Roundy was alluding to the Herold that made the order against jesus. Don't, play dumb. Please show the evidence you claim exists that isn't alluding to the acts in the bible.

Next the author of the first two books WERE biblically inspired as he was trying to mix the christian and greek religions.

You have still failed to show reports of the acts I requested for example the Tower of Babel.

Herod not Herold and he was the 1st of the Herods of the Herod line, since his father did not contain the name.  The order of Jesus you are speaking of, ... well maybe you mean of all children 2 years and under - not just Jesus, but it would include Jesus for that is why he included those years (2 and under) to cover all his bases.  Written about in Josephus' works "the Jewish War" in 1.22.1 (433) and War 33, and War 2.7.3 AND "Jewish Antiquities" 16.11.8.  These books and corresponding sections list many of the terrible deeds Herod the Great did.  Particularly see the one I referenced in Antiquities and War 33 (for Jesus and children under 2).  You will probably only find a snippet on the internet, so you will have to go to a college library or State Library to find the works.  And don't tell me they don't have it, since I know they exist where I live.   

No Josephus WAS a historian.  It does not matter whether you are a historian on aviation history OR on the history of The Revolutionary War OR a historian of ancient history, the people, their religion, and their languages; it's still classified as a historian.

Tower of Babel written about yes - and I'm not going to mention Josephus or the Bible - try Skarkalisharri sometimes spelled as Sharkalisharri and sometimes with hyphens and sometimes not.  He left behind a text that mentions restoring the Tower of Babel, and it was renamed.  He was a king of Agade (Accad), some have spelled it Akkad.  Since I cannot deliver you the text of this ancient king in person, I can at least show you he existed. 

He's listed under the History of Sumer with hyphens Shar-kali-sharri about 2/3 down the page under Akkadian Empire at this link >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Sumer
AND
listed on the Sumerian King List about 2/3 down under Akkadian Empire, subtitled Dynasty of Akkad at this link >>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumerian_king_list

There is limited info on the internet, but at least they would be ones that you could find.

I know you guys think I'm some dumb-ss religious person, but I have studied ancient history too.
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2010, 09:03:48 PM »
I'm thick?  That was lovely Roundy.  But now seeing EG's comment I know the one you want, but you did not know which Herod - it was Herod the Great.  But I'm the thick one - O.K.

Babs, I stated quite clearly that I was referring to the evil deeds performed by Herod at the beginning of the NT.  If you didn't realize that's the Herod I was talking about, yes, you're thick.

Josephus, by the way, was not a contemporary of Herod's.  But I'm sure you knew that.  Also, I'd like to at least see a quote from the works you cited that mention anything relating to the massacre of the innocents.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:07:12 PM by Roundy the Truthinessist »

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2010, 07:36:20 AM »
Josephus was a biblical historian that was attempting to mix the greek and christian religions. His texts that involved Jesus and other magical acts of the bible exist because they were inspired by it.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2010, 04:33:31 PM »

I'm thick?  That was lovely Roundy.  But now seeing EG's comment I know the one you want, but you did not know which Herod - it was Herod the Great.  But I'm the thick one - O.K.

Babs, I stated quite clearly that I was referring to the evil deeds performed by Herod at the beginning of the NT.  If you didn't realize that's the Herod I was talking about, yes, you're thick.

Roundy  - good attempt to recover, however there was more than 1 Herod at the beginning of the NT, because Herod the Great did not live long after the Christ was born.  I repeat the question ... and I'm the thick one?  Nevermind.

This ^ was already answered anyhow.

Roundy was alluding to the Herold that made the order against jesus. Don't, play dumb.

And just for the record, The Herod that made the order against Jesus near his birth, is not the Herod that met with Pontius Pilate when Jesus was delivered up (at death).  Both are Herod, both relating to Jesus, and both in the NT, and both early on in the NT- the gospels.  And I'm playing dumb? - OK.

Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »

Roundy  - good attempt to recover, however there was more than 1 Herod at the beginning of the NT, because Herod the Great did not live long after the Christ was born.  I repeat the question ... and I'm the thick one?  Nevermind.

Roundy was alluding to the Herold that made the order against jesus. Don't, play dumb.

And just for the record, The Herod that made the order against Jesus near his birth, is not the Herod that met with Pontius Pilate when Jesus was delivered up (at death).  Both are Herod, both relating to Jesus, and both in the NT, and both early on in the NT- the gospels.  And I'm playing dumb? - OK.

Wow.

Yes, you are thick, if you didn't realize which Herod I was talking about.  I really can't say the same nice thing about your attempt at recovery as you said about my non-recovery so let's leave it at that.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 04:46:10 PM by Roundy the Truthinessist »

EnglshGentleman

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2010, 05:48:26 PM »

Roundy  - good attempt to recover, however there was more than 1 Herod at the beginning of the NT, because Herod the Great did not live long after the Christ was born.  I repeat the question ... and I'm the thick one?  Nevermind.

And just for the record, The Herod that made the order against Jesus near his birth, is not the Herod that met with Pontius Pilate when Jesus was delivered up (at death).  Both are Herod, both relating to Jesus, and both in the NT, and both early on in the NT- the gospels.  And I'm playing dumb? - OK.

Read the part that is just before what you highlighted. It makes more sense when you don't pick and choose. You probably already get good practice doing so within your bible so it makes sense you would try and apply it here.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2010, 03:27:25 PM »

Read the part that is just before what you highlighted. It makes more sense when you don't pick and choose. You probably already get good practice doing so within your bible so it makes sense you would try and apply it here.

Yes I see the part you newly highlighted in red - and my answer does not change as it pertains to being "thick," but does depend on how you phrase the question, and your understanding of the events.  I'll explain.  They both were against Jesus, by different Herods, and yes early in the NT.  I'm not speaking of Titus, Hebrews, James, Jude, or Revelation etc. etc.  IT is early on in the NT.  Herod the Great ordered the killing of babies under age 2; Herod Antipas was the ruler during Christ's impalement, but the plot thickens.   

Herod the Great's will (made while alive, but sick) named son Herod Antipas his successor, however before Herod the Great died, he changed his will and added a codicil to reflect the change to son Archelaus as his successor.  Archelaus was recognized by the army and the people as being King during his father's sickness.  Later the action was contested by brother Antipas and brought before Emperor Caesar Augustus who upheld Archelaus, however Caesar constituted Archelaus as ethnarch and divided the territory so that half went to Archelaus and the other half (50%) split between Antipas and another brother Philip.  It was King Herod Antipas that met with Govenor Pontius Pilate over impaling Christ and the 2 became friends.  Prior to Christ's impalement, and before Christ finished his ministry (about 6 months before) John the Baptist was beheaded by Herod Antipas.  After Christ's impalement apostle James was killed by another Herod (Agrippa I).  It does depend on what time frame and which territory you are talking about - so THAT does matter. 

It is true that Agrippa was later (as it relates to James), however even throwing that one incident out, because it was not the first incident, Roundy did not say Herod AGAINST Jesus, he said Herod's deeds in the beginning of the NT, and there were many.  And other than James, all the other incidents happened in the beginning of the NT in the gospels - that's pretty early, since they are the 1st 4 books.  Not to mention you wanted to dispute when the gospel of Mark and document "Q" was written, which would change things a bit, for IF YOU believe the gospel of Mark was written first, even though it is the 2nd book in the NT, Mark does not speak about Herod the Great at all, in reference to Jesus and the children under 2, BUT does talk about John The Baptist being beheaded in 6:17-29.  Mark did not even discuss the early days of Christ, or his birth, but instead starts off just before the missions or ministry of Christ.  SO depending on WHAT you believe and WHEN YOU think it happened, it does change my answer depending on your viewpoint.  If you think Mark was first, then the first deed by Herod in the NT would be Mark with John's beheading, by Herod Antipas, BUT if you believe Mark was not first and instead Matthew was, AND want to know specifically deeds as it relates to Jesus ... then the answer is Herod the Great with respects to children under 2 being killed.

I was not trying to be evasive, difficult or "thick"; now do you understand?

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
Re: The Bible.. (prophecies)
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2012, 07:52:48 PM »
These are Incorrect Jane >>

And what of the prophecies that have not come true?

Jeremiah 49:33 states no man shall live in Hazor, and dragons will live there instead. People still live there.

Jeremiah 3:17 states every nation will embrace Judaism.

Isaiah 19:5 in one translation states the Nile will dry up.

Isaiah 19:18 states Egypt will speak Canaanite, but that has never happened and the language is extinct now.

Isaiah 19:17 states Judah will be a threat to Egypt. Hasn't happened yet.

First let's start with the Nile.

1a)  Prior to the construction of the Aswan Dam, this caused the river to begin to rise in Egypt from June onward, and cresting in September and thereafter gradually receding.  On receding, the waters left behind a deposit of highly fertile soil in the form of a thin later of mud.  By the way the Aswan Dam or Aswan Low Dam was only built this last century in 1902, and then a newer dam called the Aswan High Dam was started in the 1960's and finished approx 1970/1971.

1b)  The Nile river does not just run through Egypt, but also runs through:  Sudan, Uganda, The Democratic Republic of Congo, and Ethiopia.  Other countries have also built minor dams and canals to divert the water to places that run dry. 

1c)  The great drought in the Nile basin in the 1980ís was the lowest since the completion of the Aswan High Dam, hence their water crisis in 1988.  The Egyptians were OK, but the Ethiopians were not, for they did not have a dam.

1d)  Since the drought of the 80ís, the abundance of the Nile waters have returned, but the peoples of the Nile Basin are reproducing at a greater rate than the waters of the Nile.  This has led the people to become determined to constructing their own projects for Nile Control to feed their citizens of this millennium.  In fact there is recent evidence again of trouble, since there were at least 2 articles earlier this year in May.  The first was May 11th, and the other was shortly after.  Links are posted.
1st link >>http://www.sudantribune.com/spip.php?article35041
2nd link >>http://allafrica.com/stories/201005240230.html

My post is already lengthy, so I can refute the other so-called non-fulfilled prophecies in another post.

Now, let me dispell 2 more so-called prophecies not fulfilled (from the original list)

#1 on the list > > >

In reference to Jeremiah on Hazor, there were many Hazors, just like there are many 2nd streets within a state or many cities named the same throughout states, just like there is London, Kentucky and London U.K.

One of the Hazors was the chief city of northern Canaan at the time of Israel's conquest under Joshua.  See Jos 11:10

Another Hazor was a Judean city in the Negeb - see Jos 15:21, 23

Another Hazor was a town located in the territory of Benjamin -see Ne 11:31, 33

Another Hazor is a region in the Arabian desert, east of the Jordan and that is the Hazor mentioned in the scriptures you quoted and it being due for despoiling by King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon, which is now desolate.

--------* * * *--------

#4 on the list > > >

In reference to your scripture on speaking the Canaanite language, the Bible does not say Canaanite language but says the language of the land of Canaan which was originally a Hamitic language.  Starting with the confusion of tongues at Babel (in Genesis) and continuing over centuries they later switched over to a Semitic language.  Semitic language can be Babylonian, Aramaic or Hebrew as just some examples.  In this case they switched over to Hebrew, which is Semitic and that became the language of Canaan.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2012, 04:45:35 AM »
Unoriginal necro is unoriginal