Acidents in space.

• 51 Replies
Re: Acidents in space.
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 04:56:18 AM »
Amazingly none of you guys got upset at the discussion in the lounge called "Suicide yeah right".
That was the in depth discussion of the unfortunate death of someone who was wholly innocent. Yet you find that is ok to discuss.

This however, when it may help disprove what you want to believe in, is really really bad and we are awful people for even thinking about it.

This is, in itself, rather disgusting.

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 05:56:07 AM »
i find it quite interesting that it only seems to be flat earthers who say they are offended by the subject? maby the real reason is they know they are wrong and are hiding behind a facade of so called morality. the debate isnt focusing on their deaths but the events surrounding it.

Rushy

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 06:39:13 AM »
There is a clear correlation between FE'ers and high intelligence. There is also a clear correlation between high intelligence and high morality. Since RE'ers are generally less intelligent, they are generally going to have lower moral standards. Hence why this thread exists.

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 07:08:46 AM »
I remember a man from history he used to think like that I believe he shot himself in the head in his bunker in 1945 after the rest of the corrupt and immoral ( as he saw it) world came nocking on his capitals doors.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 07:13:03 AM »
I remember a man from history he used to think like that I believe he shot himself in the head in his bunker in 1945 after the rest of the corrupt and immoral ( as he saw it) world came nocking on his capitals doors.

Can you elaborate? I don't remember learning about a FEBer shooting himself in 1945. We didn't really cover any FEBers in my history classes to be honest.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2012, 07:25:44 AM »
There is a clear correlation between FE'ers and high intelligence. There is also a clear correlation between high intelligence and high morality. Since RE'ers are generally less intelligent, they are generally going to have lower moral standards. Hence why this thread exists.

I ment hittler and I mean I mean quotes like these flat earthers are more moral more intelligent.

More moral? May I put forward a name Giordano Bruno. He was burnt at the stake for questioning the belief that the earth was flat. Yes flat earth people are a lot more moral.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno

Rushy

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2012, 07:41:04 AM »
More moral? May I put forward a name Giordano Bruno. He was burnt at the stake for questioning the belief that the earth was flat. Yes flat earth people are a lot more moral.

??? No, he wasn't. The link you posted says he was killed for going against the Catholic Church, which has always spread the dogma that the Earth was round because a sphere is supposedly the perfect shape and God would only make a sphere.

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2012, 07:48:58 AM »
philosopher, mathematician and astronomer. His cosmological theories went beyond the Copernican model in proposing that the Sun was essentially a star, and moreover, that the universe contained an infinite number of inhabited worlds populated by other intelligent beings.[1] After the Roman Inquisition found him guilty of heresy, he was burned at the stake. After his death he gained considerable fame, particularly among 19th- and early 20th-century commentators who, focusing on his astronomical beliefs, regarded him as a martyr for free thought and modern scientific ideas.

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2012, 07:51:53 AM »

What else effects people's morality and intelligence the ? Race? Gender? Sexuality? You obviously think your more intelligent then the rest of us so please explain. You said it yourself, you are more intelligent so please explain? Iv quoted just in see you can't remember what you said.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 07:53:33 AM »

I ment hittler and I mean I mean quotes like these flat earthers are more moral more intelligent.

Oh yes lets also bring hitler into the discussion and compare us to Nazis. Is there absolutely nothing REers will shy away from? This thread shows the true nature of some of the posters hanging around here, and frankly it's making me sad and disgusted. How dare you? Try arguing our points for a change.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Rushy

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2012, 07:56:28 AM »
philosopher, mathematician and astronomer. His cosmological theories went beyond the Copernican model in proposing that the Sun was essentially a star, and moreover, that the universe contained an infinite number of inhabited worlds populated by other intelligent beings.[1] After the Roman Inquisition found him guilty of heresy, he was burned at the stake. After his death he gained considerable fame, particularly among 19th- and early 20th-century commentators who, focusing on his astronomical beliefs, regarded him as a martyr for free thought and modern scientific ideas.

That has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth. Heliocentric and Geocentric theories are not intrinsic to Earth shape. This is the best you could come up with to defend your morals? Pathetic.

RET was the popular theory at that time. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_Flat_Earth

It is a misconception that the Catholic church ever thought the Earth was flat. RET is nothing more than a religious culture branch.

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 07:58:46 AM »

Oh yes lets also bring hitler into the discussion and compare us to Nazis. Is there absolutely nothing REers will shy away from? This thread shows the true nature of some of the posters hanging around here, and frankly it's making me sad and disgusted. How dare you? Try arguing our points for a change.

May I remind you a flat earther is the one who stared they flat earthers are more intelligent and moral than round earthers. Now as it stands as far as I am conserved this is one persons opinion and not the whole society's but unless flat earthers disagree with him then I will be inclined to think that it's the beliefe of all flat earthers as well.

Rushy

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 08:01:00 AM »
May I remind you a flat earther is the one who stared they flat earthers are more intelligent and moral than round earthers. Now as it stands as far as I am conserved this is one persons opinion and not the whole society's but unless flat earthers disagree with him then I will be inclined to think that it's the beliefe of all flat earthers as well.

Are you implying that Hitler was intelligent? That's a funny one. Of course a RE'er would think Hitler was intelligent. I shouldn't even be surprised.

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2012, 08:09:47 AM »
I would argue that some of the most evil men in history were the most intelligent. I havnt got acces to names at the moment but their are many. But we all no your views rushy they are right hear on this thread for everyone to see.

Rushy

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
I would argue that some of the most evil men in history were the most intelligent. I havnt got acces to names at the moment but their are many. But we all no your views rushy they are right hear on this thread for everyone to see.

It is a common misconception that doing evil or manipulating people requires "cunning" or "intelligence." Manipulating others to get ahead is easy and requires very little thought, while purposely conditioning yourself not to do so requires discipline and intelligence. It is instinct to step on other people, it is the way of evolution. It takes an intelligent person to conciously refrain from doing so.

I'm starting to grow off topic as nothing of this is even remotely relevant to the original argument. Do you have any other questions regarding space vehicle accidents and why they are actually necessary to a good fake program?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 08:18:08 AM by Rushy »

?

Thork

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 11:26:19 AM »
About NASA ...
Not sure they would want to co-operate with this site after Mr Bishop directly accused them of murder
I think my approach to this thread is now vindicated.

?

Major Twang

• Astronomer
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 11:43:19 AM »
About NASA ...
Not sure they would want to co-operate with this site after Mr Bishop directly accused them of murder
I think my approach to this thread is now vindicated.

You might be right Thork.  You wanted to avoid someone saying something stupid didn't you.

« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 09:44:15 PM »
theres a clear correlation between FE'ers and ignorance.

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2012, 12:18:21 AM »

Please provide evidence for your claim.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »

Please provide evidence for your claim.
Well, FE'ers are generally better at avoiding quote fails.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 09:19:27 AM »
Listen guys, Eugenics aside...

Does anyone fancy answering the original question or are we going to blindly and hypocritically go on suggesting that the question is immoral despite the fact no one is complaining about the post in another forum discussing the tragic death of a nurse in London in detail and people are happy to discuss whether or not that is suicide. In fact some of the posters

Or is it only immoral when it's problematic?

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »
Thinking we should shy away from topics because they're sensitive is stupid. Obviously it's a tragedy that lives were lost, that's horrible under any circumstances, but that doesn't mean what happened shouldn't be discussed. If I died doing my job and people thought something suspicious had happened, I would damn well hope they would question and talk about it rather than sweeping it under the rug and shooting down any attempts to discuss.

I also don't understand Thork and Rushy's positions. Why would they be launching people like that when space travel is impossible? I would have to agree with Tom, in that NASA probably saw what happened, detained those who were supposedly in it, and...well, I'm not sure they executed them like Tom thinks, but they might have had to assume false identities from there on out. They knew it was fake as well, so it's not like they'd have to force them.
Recently listened to: