Post things that annoy you.

• 125 Replies

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
Re: Post things that annoy you.
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 02:56:22 PM »
Indeed.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 03:30:39 PM »
Guess what! You're required to be politer here. Hence the warning, and now the ban. See ya.

Stuff your ban up your sanctimonious anus, you pathetic little man pretending the earth is flat!

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 03:41:38 PM »
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

Tusk

• Official Member
  • Guidance is internal
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »

Tusk, why are you on a forum if you hate people?

Because here you can choose when to come and go. I can post random shit, which everybody ignores, but it gets it out of my system.

The main point is, on here, you can be yourself or you can choose to play a character. It's all for the larfs and, apart from a few idiots who come on here whith the sole intention of deliberately provoking a negative reaction, everyone gets along just fine. I like that. Should be more of that in your local neighborhood.

Tusk has an agent?  What does he do?

Semi retired photographer.

I thought I had achieved one of my lifes goals by retiring at 35 but for the last 14 years this pushy, overbearing haridan has been getting me off my arse and doing what I'm best at twice a year.

She is very good at her job though and thanks to her I've not had to worry about a mortgage for years.

Still like to put her on answerphone and picture her fretting about missed deadlines and lost commission.
Hang on, I'll just check my personal care factor for this week : nope still don't give a fuck

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2012, 06:49:23 PM »
Why do you need an agent, though?  Are your photography skills really that much in demand?

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2012, 07:15:22 PM »
I know for a fact that Tusk doesn't hate me. He actually loves me.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
It's annoying because Chevy isn't even a brand to be proud of, and they had nothing to do with the commodore itself; the engine is GM and the car is Australian designed and built.

The Commodore is an alright car, it's just a bit of a bogan mobile over here as everyone has one. It wouldn't be so bad to drive around in the states.

I agree that its stupid to stick A Bowtie on the Holden, but whats wrong with Chevrolet in general?  The Z06, ZR1, ZL1, the Grand Sport, and the volt are all pretty amazing cars that stand up to the competition in every regard.  Its odd that its a dealer option though, that's pretty funny.

Also I had to look up Bogan, as I think its Australian slang in this context.  We have a similar group of individuals who are a bit rough around the edges, and they tend to stick to the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Charger, with the occasional 96 impala thrown into the mix.  I would not mind selling the future SS (which is a weird name for a car, I am much more used to it as a Designation of performance on top of a name) as just a holden commodore, but since most people in the states have no clue what a holden is I think I am one of the few who would even know what it was.  In fact I bet most Americans who will buy the SS will have no idea what they are actually driving.

From what I understand, Chevrolet are a company that make good sports cars but shitty budget cars. Most of their cars (excepting the interesting ones) are sold under the Holden badge, and I know how bad or lackluster some of those cars can be from first hand experience.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 12:34:28 AM »
It's annoying because Chevy isn't even a brand to be proud of, and they had nothing to do with the commodore itself; the engine is GM and the car is Australian designed and built.

The Commodore is an alright car, it's just a bit of a bogan mobile over here as everyone has one. It wouldn't be so bad to drive around in the states.

I agree that its stupid to stick A Bowtie on the Holden, but whats wrong with Chevrolet in general?  The Z06, ZR1, ZL1, the Grand Sport, and the volt are all pretty amazing cars that stand up to the competition in every regard.  Its odd that its a dealer option though, that's pretty funny.

Also I had to look up Bogan, as I think its Australian slang in this context.  We have a similar group of individuals who are a bit rough around the edges, and they tend to stick to the Chrysler 300 and the Dodge Charger, with the occasional 96 impala thrown into the mix.  I would not mind selling the future SS (which is a weird name for a car, I am much more used to it as a Designation of performance on top of a name) as just a holden commodore, but since most people in the states have no clue what a holden is I think I am one of the few who would even know what it was.  In fact I bet most Americans who will buy the SS will have no idea what they are actually driving.

From what I understand, Chevrolet are a company that make good sports cars but shitty budget cars. Most of their cars (excepting the interesting ones) are sold under the Holden badge, and I know how bad or lackluster some of those cars can be from first hand experience.

Yeah they have produced some shit, but most of their newer stuff has been getting pretty favorable reviews.  The spark, the malibu, the new impala when it launches looks pretty nice, and the cruz are all pretty competitive in their classes.  But in 2005 and before they did not have much to offer in terms of good budget cars, so I know where you are coming from.  The Current Impala is a testament to the shityness that once was the company, can't wait for it to be phased out.

Their trucks/SUV's have been consistently decent until recently when they are now above par.  I would still go for a ford raptor though if someone held a gun to my head and forced me to buy a truck.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:36:50 AM by OrbisNonSufficit »

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 12:37:46 AM »
It annoys me when I'm talking to someone and another person starts a conversation with me in total ignorance of the other person speaking.

Before, I used to try and listen to both conversations as I didn;t want to offend , yet now I totally ignore the person butting in and hear the other person out first.
They soon get the message.

It bothers the shit out of me when I'm having a "conversation" with someone who just keeps fucking talking, even (and especially) after asking me a question and not even giving me a chance to respond.  I'm generally a man of few words, so when I do speak it's pretty fucking important, and when I'm trying to speak but not being heard or am being talked over I just want to lunge forward and stab said offenders in the eyes.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 11:29:33 AM »
When I work I frequent convenience stores for coffee or cigs. Royal Farm stores are in my area, I had to pee like a Russian Racehorse so went to Farm store.. They said no you can't use bathroom. OK so there is another Farm store about a mile and a half away, I went to the other one. The public restroom is broken and closed, I asked the manager if I could use the employee one. She said no for insurance reasons.  I was like yeah right. So I went outside to gas pump opened the door of my work vehicle and filled up 2 old coffee cups and threw them in the trash can full. I would have poured them on the ground in front of the pumps, but I didn't want to get a complaint against my company.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Tusk

• Official Member
  • Guidance is internal
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 03:03:46 PM »
Why do you need an agent, though?  Are your photography skills really that much in demand?

Yes and no.

I haven't done commisioned work in years although I used to earn quite a lot for very little effort. I still get royalty cheques for books and posters that I did a lifetime ago but that's more pocket money than a living wage.

I now do limited edition, signed and numbered portfolios, with the very limited platinum prints thrown in just to keep the price up. I keep the number one edition as an investment for my kids and the haridan gets number two. The rest are sold to collectors worldwide. Mostly Eastern Europe, China and Japan where there is lots of new money waiting to invest in something that may make more money in the future.

The haridan is very good at her job, and has been since she was tipped off about my work by an external marker for my final year exhibition in 1989. This is why she gets 40% commision with only the occasional moaning from myself. I am a tight arsed Scot so it's in my nature.

Okay you got me there. Perfect example of the fact that there are always exceptions to every rule.
Hang on, I'll just check my personal care factor for this week : nope still don't give a fuck

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 03:16:17 PM »
40%????
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 03:17:47 PM »

Yes and no.

I haven't done commisioned work in years although I used to earn quite a lot for very little effort. I still get royalty cheques for books and posters that I did a lifetime ago but that's more pocket money than a living wage.

I now do limited edition, signed and numbered portfolios, with the very limited platinum prints thrown in just to keep the price up. I keep the number one edition as an investment for my kids and the haridan gets number two. The rest are sold to collectors worldwide. Mostly Eastern Europe, China and Japan where there is lots of new money waiting to invest in something that may make more money in the future.

The haridan is very good at her job, and has been since she was tipped off about my work by an external marker for my final year exhibition in 1989. This is why she gets 40% commision with only the occasional moaning from myself. I am a tight arsed Scot so it's in my nature.

Okay you got me there. Perfect example of the fact that there are always exceptions to every rule.

Post a sample!!

I quiet like a good photo.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
Hoppy pees in cups.  He does.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 04:30:16 PM »
Hoppy pees in cups.  He does.
And throw them in the trash full.
God is real.                                         

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »
People that drive 2mph to a red light.
God is real.                                         

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »
People that try to race everyone to beat them to the red light
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

illmunati

• Nope
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2012, 06:42:04 PM »
red lights

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »

Are you in a hurry to stop and wait?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »

Not in a hurry, it's just a pain in the but going 2mph. Sometimes I just stop and let them drift their 40' then drive normally to the light and stop. It just annoys me.
God is real.                                         

rooster

« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »

Not in a hurry, it's just a pain in the but going 2mph. Sometimes I just stop and let them drift their 40' then drive normally to the light and stop. It just annoys me.
What's "drive normally"? Do you go 30mph and then slam on the breaks? Drifting is the best thing to do for your gas tank and break pads.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2012, 09:35:51 PM »
Those assholes that honk at me when I don't drive into an intersection when traffic is backed up on the other side.  Fuck you dudes, I'm not getting a ticket for blocking traffic when the light turns red and it's time for the other cars to go.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2012, 09:42:09 PM »
Those assholes that honk at me when I don't drive into an intersection when traffic is backed up on the other side.  Fuck you dudes, I'm not getting a ticket for blocking traffic when the light turns red and it's time for the other cars to go.
You're smart for this.
God is real.                                         

rooster

« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2012, 10:02:42 PM »
The assholes that drive into the intersection like that piss me off.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2012, 10:03:54 PM »
Makes me want to just go ahead and t-bone them and claim that I wasn't paying enough attention and had the right of way anyway
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »
We got this spot close to where I live where this happens every afternoon, blocking the bike path when it goes to read. Usually about three people just drive their bikes into the side of the car.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
We got about 1/2" of snow tonight, it stopped about 2 hours ago. The roads are wet. There is still idiots going 25 mph in a 40mph zone. Get a grip people, if you can't drive fast enough for the conditions. Please do me a favor and stay home.
God is real.                                         

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »
I love self-checkout lines.  I used to use them a lot when I was really drunk and didn't want anyone to know.

Something that annoys me: when people talk to me about their emotions.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

rooster

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2013, 09:05:01 PM »
When people really love red velvet. It's just food coloring!  >o<

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2013, 10:38:30 PM »
Lol @ all the traffic complaints. Yay for island life!

#islandlifeftw
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.