Has anyone visited the ice wall

Re: Ice wall
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »
yup i have

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:43:26 PM »
I believe that many people have indeed seen the ice wall.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:21:32 AM »
Yes, if the ice wall is just a metaphor for Antarctica.
No, if there is an actual continuous wall of ice 150 ft high encircling the whole disc.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 11:16:50 AM »
Well...

Why don't one of you Flat-Earthers go scale the Ice Wall? Or are you too afraid to see that the earth is actually round?

If I had thousands of dollars, a plane, and some of your patience, I would fly you all to this 'ice wall', just to prove to you that this earth is in fact ROUND.

Good day, gentlemen.
Burden of Proof.

1. The obligation to prove one's assertion.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 03:10:47 PM »
Well...

Why don't one of you Flat-Earthers go scale the Ice Wall? Or are you too afraid to see that the earth is actually round?

If I had thousands of dollars, a plane, and some of your patience, I would fly you all to this 'ice wall', just to prove to you that this earth is in fact ROUND.

Good day, gentlemen.

Hundreds if not thousands "fly" to the Ice Wall (Antarctica) every year. 

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »
Well...

Good day, gentlemen.

Hundreds if not thousands "fly" to the Ice Wall (Antarctica) every year.

Oh, so you've openly admitted that people do in fact fly there?

So please tell me why they haven't fallen off the earth if they flew past it?
Burden of Proof.

Rushy

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 04:21:14 PM »

You honestly think the world goes directly from land to abyss like some kind of video game render error?

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »

You honestly think the world goes directly from land to abyss like some kind of video game render error?

Well.. If the world is flat, how else would you explain it?

You don't believe in gravity, so why would the force of the planet hold you back from falling off the edge?
Burden of Proof.

Rushy

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 04:45:48 PM »

You don't believe in gravity, so why would the force of the planet hold you back from falling off the edge?

Describe this mysterious "edge" you keep mentioning. What does it look like? Why?

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »

Describe this mysterious "edge" you keep mentioning. What does it look like? Why?

You can't call a planet flat, and expect it to have a circular surface. That makes no sense.

The image for the title of this site shows a flat disk. Exactly how would that prevent you from falling off the edge? I don't see anything there that would hold you back.
Burden of Proof.

Rushy

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 05:35:01 PM »
You can't call a planet flat, and expect it to have a circular surface. That makes no sense.

I don't recall saying any of that, perhaps you could point it out?

The image for the title of this site shows a flat disk. Exactly how would that prevent you from falling off the edge? I don't see anything there that would hold you back.

This edge you keep talking about, you haven't described.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 06:48:56 PM »

I don't recall saying any of that, perhaps you could point it out?

This edge you keep talking about, you haven't described.

How about you refresh the webpage and look at the image next to the title of the webpage (in the top left)

As you can see, it clearly has an edge. Who or what is keeping you from falling off of that into space?

Also, I never actually quoted anything you said, It was just an implication you gave when you questioned me about the edge of this planet. Of course there's an edge if it's FLAT, you idiot.
Burden of Proof.

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 06:54:10 PM »
Hi, new member here!

What is beyonf the Ice Wall?

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »
The only flat earth theory that is realistic is infinite earth. Beyond the Ice wall the earth continues on forever. Our seven continents is just a small geothermal pocket of this infinite earth. Finite flat earth with edges is the most ridiculous concept ever.
Social Distancing = Social Control

Rushy

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 07:55:25 AM »
How about you refresh the webpage and look at the image next to the title of the webpage (in the top left)

As you can see, it clearly has an edge. Who or what is keeping you from falling off of that into space?

Also, I never actually quoted anything you said, It was just an implication you gave when you questioned me about the edge of this planet. Of course there's an edge if it's FLAT, you idiot.

It clearly has an edge? How do you know? Have you seen it?

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 11:52:25 AM »

It clearly has an edge? How do you know? Have you seen it?

Everything that's flat has an edge. That's just common sense, and it's remarkably unbelievable that you're so oblivious to that.

I imagine that the 'president' of the Flat Earth Society made this website, and since you all follow by his example of a false theory, you probably also accept that the image he used for the website is a correct representation of a Flat Earth... therefore, it shows undeniable evidence that it DOES have an edge.

Also, you and many other people have mentioned before that hundreds; if not thousands have been to this 'ice wall'.. so what would stop them from climbing it and seeing the other side?
Burden of Proof.

Rushy

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 11:56:59 AM »
Everything that's flat has an edge. That's just common sense, and it's remarkably unbelievable that you're so oblivious to that.

Science requires evidence. Your "common sense" does not count.

I imagine that the 'president' of the Flat Earth Society made this website, and since you all follow by his example of a false theory, you probably also accept that the image he used for the website is a correct representation of a Flat Earth... therefore, it shows undeniable evidence that it DOES have an edge.

An MS paint picture is undeniable evidence that something physical exists? Damn. I better get to drawing myself holding millions of dollars.

Also, you and many other people have mentioned before that hundreds; if not thousands have been to this 'ice wall'.. so what would stop them from climbing it and seeing the other side?

I don't see why someone could not climb over the Ice Wall, seeing as how plenty of Antarctic researchers have done so on numerous occasions.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »

Science requires evidence. Your "common sense" does not count.

An MS paint picture is undeniable evidence that something physical exists? Damn. I better get to drawing myself holding millions of dollars.

I don't see why someone could not climb over the Ice Wall, seeing as how plenty of Antarctic researchers have done so on numerous occasions.

Common sense isn't evidence? I love how you just implied that a human being doesn't have basic understanding of everyday knowledge. I'm glad you contradicted yourself. :)

For the record, what evidence do you need? A Desk has a flat surface, and it doesn't go on forever does it? That's not science, it's observation; which you clearly lack.

So now you're going against something you believe in? You believe in this website, and you respect it, but you don't agree with the image unless it has evidence, so therefore you just implied that a flat surface having an edge (which is in PLAIN SIGHT) does not in fact have an edge, since it shows no evidence.

Ok, so what's on the other side of the Ice Wall? If the earth is flat, then there's no geometrical way that there would be anything past it. What would hold you back from falling off? A Celestial Gear? The Dark Energy? You're deliberately refusing to answer these questions since you know there is no answer.
Burden of Proof.

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 12:35:42 PM »
What is all this talk about an "edge"
Please stay on topic.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »
There is no edge, the Earth is infinite. (that's A theory btw) You cannot fall off the edge, but you can fly over the ice wall to the infinite frozen desert beyond.

?

Thork

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »
Sigh. If the earth is infinite, you just bisected the universe. The universe now has a floor and the earth is it. You can no longer have UA as infinite mass needs infinite power. Everything that moves could potentially hit the earth and almost everything will. Nothing at all is infinite with every last atom in the universe being finite, but this daft thought experiment seems to keep doing the rounds on these forums.

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 12:56:27 PM »
What is all this talk about an "edge"
Please stay on topic.

You're kidding me right?

How does a flat object like the earth not have an edge?

You think the earth is just some flat piece of paper that you can go circles around without falling off? That's even more ridiculous than the FET itself...
Burden of Proof.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
Sigh. If the earth is infinite, you just bisected the universe. The universe now has a floor and the earth is it. You can no longer have UA as infinite mass needs infinite power. Everything that moves could potentially hit the earth and almost everything will. Nothing at all is infinite with every last atom in the universe being finite, but this daft thought experiment seems to keep doing the rounds on these forums.

If not infinite, it stretches from one end of the universe to the other.

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »

The infinite earth is not truly flat because infinite objects have no define shape. And yes if the earth is infinite, the earth itself is the universe, the floor of the universe idea is just as ridiculous as earth with edges. And why does it have to be infinite frozen wasteland beyond the ice wall? I think beyond the ice wall you have other habitable pockets of infinite earth. There perhaps infinite number of populated livable worlds beyond Antarctica.
Social Distancing = Social Control

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »
The infinite earth is not truly flat because infinite objects have no define shape.

Actually it is only infinite horizontally, not vertically.

?

Thork

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
hence floor.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2012, 01:24:37 PM »
And it may not be infinite horizontally, if the universe has edges the Earth would only stretch from one edge to the other. ie, Not infinitely.

Rushy

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
Common sense isn't evidence? I love how you just implied that a human being doesn't have basic understanding of everyday knowledge. I'm glad you contradicted yourself. :)

Please point out where the contradiction was made. And no, "common sense" is not evidence because it is not tangible nor replicable. No intelligent person would even take something you call "common sense" seriously.

For the record, what evidence do you need? A Desk has a flat surface, and it doesn't go on forever does it? That's not science, it's observation; which you clearly lack.

Observation is a type of scientific evidence. However, a desk is not the Earth, and does not qualify as evidence. You don't really have any evidence at all, do you?

So now you're going against something you believe in? You believe in this website, and you respect it, but you don't agree with the image unless it has evidence, so therefore you just implied that a flat surface having an edge (which is in PLAIN SIGHT) does not in fact have an edge, since it shows no evidence.

FET does not necessarily require an edge. In fact, there are many models of FET that illustrate the Earth as an infinite plane.

Ok, so what's on the other side of the Ice Wall? If the earth is flat, then there's no geometrical way that there would be anything past it. What would hold you back from falling off? A Celestial Gear? The Dark Energy? You're deliberately refusing to answer these questions since you know there is no answer.

I would not know, as I have never been on the other side of the Ice Wall. There are no pictures, illustrations, or accounts of the edge. That is why I keep asking you for evidence, you post as if you know exactly where the edge is and what it should look like, yet you don't have any evidence for it.

?

burt

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »

He didn't.

Argument not valid.

Don't be so credulous.

The wall couldn't be a lot further in than the edge?