« on: October 07, 2006, 09:33:32 AM »
Allah's Flat Earth and His Cosmos.
By Abul Kasem
Note: All Quran translations are by A. Yusufali
Hadith translated by Dr. M. Muhsin Khan

The Earth is flat and mountains are pegs
The Quran

•        Earth spread out (like a carpet), mountains firm…15:19
[al-Hijr 15:19] And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable; and produced therein all kinds of things in due balance.
•        God made earth like a carpet spread out…20:53
 [Ta Ha 20:53] "He Who has, made for you the earth like a carpet spread out; has enabled you to go about therein by roads (and channels); and has sent down water from the sky." With it have We produced diverse pairs of plants each separate from the others.
•        The earth is like a carpet spread out…43.10
 [az-Zukhruf 43:10] (Yea, the same that) has made for you the earth (like a carpet) spread out, and has made for you roads (and channels) therein, in order that ye may find guidance (on the way);
•        Allah spread out earth and set mountains standing firm…50: 7
 [Qaf 50:7] And the earth- We have spread it out, and set thereon mountains standing firm, and produced therein every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs)-
•        Allah has spread out the earth…51:48
 [adh-Dhariyat 51:48] And We have spread out the (spacious) earth: How excellently We do spread out!
•        Allah made the earth a carpet…71:19
 [Nuh 71:19] "'And God has made the earth for you as a carpet (spread out),
•        Allah made the earth as a wide expanse…78:6
 [an-Naba' 78:6] Have We not made the earth as a wide expanse,
•        The earth is made as a wide expanse…79:30
 [an-Nazi`at 79:30] And the earth, moreover, hath He extended (to a wide expanse);
•        Allah set up mountains firm lest the earth shake…16:15
 [an-Nahl 16:15] And He has set up on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and rivers and roads; that ye may guide yourselves;
•        Allah set on mountains high lest the earth shake with them…21:31
 [al-Anbiya' 21:31] And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance.
Allah set mountains immovable…27.61
 [an-Naml 27:61] Or, Who has made the earth firm to live in; made rivers in its midst; set thereon mountains immovable; and made a separating bar between the two bodies of flowing water? (can there be another) god besides God? Nay, most of them know not.
•        Allah set mountains firm for earth not to shake…31:10
 [Luqman 31:10] He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs.
•        Allah put mountains standing firm…77:27
 [al-Mursalat 77:27] And made therein mountains standing firm, lofty (in stature); and provided for you water sweet (and wholesome)?
•        Allah put mountains as pegs…78:7
 [an-Naba' 78:7] And the mountains as pegs

Sahih Bukhari:

I could not find much reference to mountains as pegs in Sahih Bukhari. But the following ahadith talk indirectly about the flatness of the earth.

•        Allah will take the whole world in His hand and will roll up heaven in his right hand…76:526
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 526:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Allah will take the whole earth (in His Hand) and will roll up the Heaven in His right Hand, and then He will say, "I am King! Where are the kings of the earth? "
•        People will be gathered on reddish white land like pure loaf of bread…76.528
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 528:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd:
I heard the Prophet saying, "The people will be gathered on the Day of Resurrection on reddish white land like a pure loaf of bread (made of pure fine flour)." Sahl added: That land will have no landmarks for anybody (to make use of).
•        Allh's apostle saw a green carpet spread all over the horizon of sky…54.456
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 456:
Narrated Abdullah:
Regarding the Verse: "Indeed he (Muhammad) did see. Of the Signs of his Lord, The Greatest!" (53.18) That the Prophet had seen a green carpet spread all over the horizon of the sky.
•        The real Gabriel is so huge that he covers the whole horizon…54.458
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 458:
Narrated Masruq:
I asked Aisha "What about His Statement:-- "Then he (Gabriel) approached And came closer, And was at a distance Of but two bow-lengths Or (even) nearer?" (53.8-9) She replied, "It was Gabriel who used to come to the Prophet in the figure of a man, but on that occasion, he came in his actual and real figure and (he was so huge) that he covered the whole horizon."

The sun, the moon, the seven firmaments, the sky as a canopy and the fixed earth

The Quran

•        The sun and the moon run its course and Allah regulates all affairs…13:2
 [ar-Ra`d 13:2] God is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; is firmly established on the throne (of authority); He has subjected the sun and the moon (to his Law)! Each one runs (its course) for a term appointed. He doth regulate all affairs, explaining the signs in detail, that ye may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.
•        The sun and the moon is subject to course…14.33
 [Ibrahim 14:33] And He hath made subject to you the sun and the moon, both diligently pursuing their courses; and the night and the day hath he (also) made subject to you.
•        Allah made heavens as canopy…21:32
[al-Anbiya' 21:32] And We have made the heavens as a canopy well guarded: yet do they turn away from the Signs which these things (point to)!
•        Allah made seven tracts above us…23:17
 [al-Mu'minun 23:17] And We have made, above you, seven tracts; and We are never unmindful of (our) Creation.
•        Allah made constellations in sky and put lamp (the sun) and a moon giving light…25:61
 [al-Furqan 25:61] Blessed is He Who made constellations in the skies, and placed therein a Lamp and a Moon giving light;
•        Allah created heavens without pillars so that you can see…31:10
 [Luqman 31:10] He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs.
•        Allah subjected the sun and the moon running its course…31.29
 [Luqman 31:29] Seest thou not that God merges Night into Day and he merges Day into Night; that He has subjected the sun, and the moon (to his Law), each running its course for a term appointed; and that God is well-acquainted with all that ye do?
•        The sun and the moon runs its course for a fixed term…35.13
 [al-Fatir 35:13] He merges Night into Day, and he merges Day into Night, and he has subjected the sun and the moon (to his Law): each one runs its course for a term appointed. Such is God your Lord: to Him belongs all Dominion. And those whom ye invoke besides Him have not the least power.
•        The sun runs a pre-determined course…36.38
 [Ya Sin 36:38] And the sun runs his course for a period determined for him: that is the decree of (Him), the Exalted in Might, the All-Knowing.
•        Allah has appointed mansions for moon till she returns like an old withered palm leaf…36:39
 [Ya Sin 36:39] And the Moon,- We have measured for her mansions (to traverse) till she returns like the old (and withered) lower part of a date-stalk.

•        The sun is not permitted to catch up the moon…36.40
 [Ya Sin 36:40] It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to Law).
•        Allah has decked the lower heaven with star…37:6
 [as-Saffat 37:6] We have indeed decked the lower heaven with beauty (in) the stars,-
•        The stars are guards against the evil spirits…37:7
 [as-Saffat 37:7] (For beauty) and for guard against all obstinate rebellious evil spirits,
•        Allah uses shooting stars to drive away those stealth listeners of the assembly of the exulted…37:9, 10
 [as-Saffat 37:9] Repulsed, for they are under a perpetual penalty,
 [as-Saffat 37:10] Except such as snatch away something by stealth, and they are pursued by a flaming fire, of piercing brightness.
•        Allah subjected the sun and the moon to follow a course…39.5
 [az-Zumar 39:5] He created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): He makes the Night overlap the Day, and the Day overlap the Night: He has subjected the sun and the moon (to His law): Each one follows a course for a time appointed. Is not He the Exalted in Power - He Who forgives again and again?
•        Allah made earth as a resting place, sky as a canopy…40.64
 [al-Mu'min 40:64] It is God Who has made for you the earth as a resting place, and the sky as a canopy, and has given you shape- and made your shapes beautiful,- and has provided for you Sustenance, of things pure and good;- such is God your Lord. So Glory to God, the Lord of the Worlds!
•        Allah completed the creation of heaven and earth in seven firmament in two days…41:12
 [Ha Mim Sajdah 41:12] So He completed them as seven firmaments in two Days, and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.
•        The sun and the moon follow exact courses calculated…55.5
 [ar-Rahman 55:5] The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed;
•        Allah created the seven firmament in heaven and earth…65:12
 [at-Talaq 65:12] God is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that God has power over all things, and that God comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.
•        Allah created seven heavens one above another…67:3, 71:15
 [al-Mulk 67:3] He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of (God) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw?
 [Nuh 71:15] "'See ye not how God has created the seven heavens one above another,
•        Allah has adorned the lowest heaven with lamps and made these lamps as missiles to drive away evils…67:5
 [al-Mulk 67:5] And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.
•        Allah made the moon a light in the midst of heaven and the sun a lamp…71.16
 [Nuh 71:16] "'And made the moon a light in their midst, and made the sun as a (Glorious) Lamp?
•        The moon follows the sun…91:1, 2
 [ash-Shams 91:1] By the Sun and his (glorious) splendour;
 [ash-Shams 91:2] By the Moon as she follows him;

Sahih Bukhari

•        The sun prostrates underneath the throne of Allah…54.421, 60.326, 327
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dhar:
The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)
Volume 6, Book 60, Number 326:
Narrated Abu Dharr:
Once I was with the Prophet in the mosque at the time of sunset. The Prophet said, "O Abu Dharr! Do you know where the sun sets?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "It goes and prostrates underneath (Allah's) Throne; and that is Allah's Statement:--
'And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (decreed). And that is the decree of All-Mighty, the All-Knowing....' (36.38)
Volume 6, Book 60, Number 327:
Narrated Abu Dharr:
I asked the Prophet about the Statement of Allah:--
'And the sun runs on fixed course for a term (decreed), ' (36.38) He said, "Its course is underneath "Allah's Throne." (Prostration of Sun trees, stars. mentioned in Qur'an and Hadith does not mean like our prostration but it means that these objects are obedient to their Creator (Allah) and they obey for what they have been created for).
•        The sun's fixed course is underneath Allah's throne…93.528
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 528:
Narrated Abu Dharr:
I asked the Prophet regarding the Verse:--'And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term decreed for it.' (36.28) He said, "Its fixed course is underneath Allah's Throne."

Allah's throne

The Quran

•        Allahs throne extends over the heavens…2:255
 [al-Baqarah 2:255] God! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).
•        Allah raised heaven without pillars, established His throne…13:2
 [ar-Ra`d 13:2] God is He Who raised the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; is firmly established on the throne (of authority); He has subjected the sun and the moon (to his Law)! Each one runs (its course) for a term appointed. He doth regulate all affairs, explaining the signs in detail, that ye may believe with certainty in the meeting with your Lord.
•        Allah is firmly established on the throne…25:59, 32:4, 57:4
 [al-Furqan 25:59] He Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between, in six days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): God Most Gracious: ask thou, then, about Him of any acquainted (with such things).
 [as-Sajdah 32:4] It is God Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all between them, in six Days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): ye have none, besides Him, to protect or intercede (for you): will ye not then receive admonition?
 [al-Hadid 57:4] He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and is moreover firmly established on the Throne (of Authority). He knows what enters within the earth and what comes forth out of it, what comes down from heaven and what mounts up to it. And He is with you wheresoever ye may be. And God sees well all that ye do.
•        Allah has a throne high above all ranks…40:15
 [al-Mu'min 40:15] Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the Spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,-

Sahih Bukhari

•        Moses will be holding the side and a leg of Allah's throne…41.594, 595
Volume 3, Book 41, Number 594:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Two persons, a Muslim and a Jew, quarrelled. The Muslim said, "By Him Who gave Muhammad superiority over all the people! The Jew said, "By Him Who gave Moses superiority over all the people!" At that the Muslim raised his hand and slapped the Jew on the face. The Jew went to the Prophet and informed him of what had happened between him and the Muslim. The Prophet sent for the Muslim and asked him about it. The Muslim informed him of the event. The Prophet said, "Do not give me superiority over Moses, for on the Day of Resurrection all the people will fall unconscious and I will be one of them, but I will. be the first to gain consciousness, and will see Moses standing and holding the side of the Throne (of Allah). I will not know whether (Moses) has also fallen unconscious and got up before me, or Allah has exempted him from that stroke."
Volume 3, Book 41, Number 595:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
While Allah's Apostle was sitting, a Jew came and said, "O Abul Qasim! One of your companions has slapped me on my face." The Prophet asked who that was. He replied that he was one of the Ansar. The Prophet sent for him, and on his arrival, he asked him whether he had beaten the Jew. He (replied in the affirmative and) said, "I heard him taking an oath in the market saying, 'By Him Who gave Moses superiority over all the human beings.' I said, 'O wicked man! (Has Allah given Moses superiority) even over Muhammad I became furious
and slapped him over his face." The Prophet said, "Do not give a prophet superiority over another, for on the Day of Resurrection all the people will fall unconscious and I will be the first to emerge from the earth, and will see Moses standing and holding one of the legs of the Throne. I will not know whether Moses has fallen unconscious or the first unconsciousness was sufficient for him."
•        Above Al-firdaus is the throne of Allah…52.48
Volume 4, Book 52, Number 48:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Whoever believes in Allah and His Apostle, offer prayer perfectly and fasts the month of Ramadan, will rightfully be granted Paradise by Allah, no matter whether he fights in Allah's Cause or remains in the land where he is born." The people said, "O Allah's Apostle ! Shall we acquaint the people with the is good news?" He said, "Paradise has one-hundred grades which Allah has reserved for the Mujahidin who fight in His Cause, and the distance between each of two grades is like the distance between the Heaven and the Earth. So, when you ask Allah (for something), ask for Al-firdaus which is the best and highest part of Paradise." (i.e. The sub-narrator added, "I think the Prophet also said, 'Above it (i.e. Al-Firdaus) is the Throne of Beneficent (i.e. Allah), and from it originate the rivers of Paradise.")
•        Allah's throne is over the water…54.414
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 414:
Narrated Imran bin Husain:
I went to the Prophet and tied my she-camel at the gate. The people of Bani Tamim came to the Prophet who said "O Bani Tamim! Accept the good tidings." They said twice, 'You have given us the good tidings, now give us something" Then some Yemenites came to him and he said, "Accept the good tidings, O people of Yemem, for Bani Tamim refused them." They said, "We accept it, O Allah's Apostle! We have come to ask you about this matter (i.e. the start of creations)." He said, "First of all, there was nothing but Allah, and (then He created His Throne). His throne was over the water, and He wrote everything in the Book (in the Heaven) and created the Heavens and the Earth." Then a man shouted, "O Ibn Husain! Your she-camel has gone away!" So, I went away and could not see the she-camel because of the mirage. By Allah, I wished I had left that she-camel (but not that gathering).
Narrated 'Umar: One day the Prophet stood up amongst us for a long period and informed us about the beginning of creation (and talked about everything in detail) till he mentioned how the people of Paradise will enter their places and the people of Hell will enter their places. Some remembered what he had said, and some forgot it.
•        Allah wrote His creation in a Book and kept it in His throne…54.416
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 416:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "When Allah completed the creation, He wrote in His Book which is with Him on His Throne, "My Mercy overpowers My Anger."
•        Allah's throne is over water and in His hand there is the balance of justice…60.206
Volume 6, Book 60, Number 206:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'Spend (O man), and I shall spend on you." He also said, "Allah's Hand is full, and (its fullness) is not affected by the continuous spending night and day." He also said, "Do you see what He has spent since He created the Heavens and the Earth? Nevertheless, what is in His Hand is not decreased, and His Throne was over the water; and in His Hand there is the balance (of justice) whereby He raises and lowers (people)."
•        Allah wrote His creation in a Book by Himself and kept the book in His throne…93.501
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 501:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "When Allah created the Creation, He wrote in His Book--and He wrote (that) about Himself, and it is placed with Him on the Throne--'Verily My Mercy overcomes My Anger.'"
•        Allah's right hand is full, in another hand He holds the balance of justice, His throne is over the water…93.508, 515
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 508:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Allah's Hand is full, and (its fullness) is not affected by the continuous spending, day and night." He also said, "Do you see what He has spent since He created the Heavens and the Earth? Yet all that has not decreased what is in His Hand." He also said, "His Throne is over the water and in His other Hand is the balance (of Justice) and He raises and lowers (whomever He will)." (See Hadith No. 206, Vol. 6)
Volume 9, Book 93, Number 515:
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "The Right (Hand) of Allah Is full, and (Its fullness) is not affected by the continuous spending night and day. Do you see what He has spent since He created the Heavens and the Earth? Yet all that has not decreased what is in His Right Hand. His Throne is over the water and in His other Hand is the Bounty or the Power to bring about death, and He raises some people and brings others down." (See Hadith No. 508)
 ==================================================
Article is kept in Mukto-mona Article page
Everything, is in EMBRYO, not in mathematics. 
Please look at the 1/4 moon when it's around at noon ; We cannot see anything between it and the sun.

Northrider5

• Winter Scourge
Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 09:48:52 AM »
Could you please explain how the Qu'ran says the earth is flat? I'm not getting you.
Courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood Muslim.

?

governMINTS

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:47:26 PM »
Quote from: "Northrider5"
Could you please explain how the Qu'ran says the earth is flat? I'm not getting you.
I second that.

It just implies that the Earth is big. It only gives a relative size, not shape.

Try again.

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 08:48:25 PM »
The huge amount of text hurts my eyes

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 05:01:53 PM »
i guess if you assume a capret is flat... lol
quote="DiegoDraw"]"And Moses said unto his brethren: 'The Earth is flat!...biznatches,'" [/quote]
DOT INFO

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
  • http://www.freewebs.com/raacoz/thesunhasnoheat.htm
Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 10:04:44 PM »
Quote from: "woopedazz"
The huge amount of text hurts my eyes
well then take off that stupid suit
Please look at the 1/4 moon when it's around at noon ; We cannot see anything between it and the sun.

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 10:10:31 PM »
Quote from: "Northrider5"
Well, do you have carpets in the shape of a ball in your house? do you carpetize your soccer balls? read these quotes over slowly, they are Gods' final hint of what the universe is!
There is a book coming out in about 1000 years consisting only of the mathematical formula of the flat-earth-universe. a brother told me that it takes 172 years to read it, so people are saying that it might not even come out to our local book stores, but then we all live forever in the next life, so we can read it there! :D in the mean time we have to dot!? dot!? dot!? ?

skeptical scientist

• -2 Flamebait
Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 10:36:16 PM »
Quote from: "Raa"
Well, do you have carpets in the shape of a ball in your house? do you carpetize your soccer balls?

-David
E pur si muove!

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 10:02:58 AM »
Quote from: "skeptical scientist"
Well, do you have carpets in the shape of a ball in your house? do you carpetize your soccer balls?

I really fruked myself on this one :oops:

?

18C

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 10:34:13 AM »
When you draw scientific evidence from an ancient religious text you're bound to be wrong.
Drama: The breakfast of champions.

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 03:23:13 PM »
Quote from: "18C"
When you draw scientific evidence from an ancient religious text you're bound to be wrong.
ya but the text is right because science in those days was direct. let's get the right interpretation and you should get my drawing(s)

?

18C

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 03:58:55 PM »
ya but the text is right because science in those days was direct. let's get the right interpretation and you should get my drawing(s)

Religious texts have no place in science because the purpose of them is to explain how to live your life, not the history of the earth.

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 04:45:54 PM »

Religious texts have no place in science because the purpose of them is to explain how to live your life, not the history of the earth.
ya but if you don't get your life right you'll be a round-earther

?

18C

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 01:23:04 PM »
Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 01:39:47 PM »
What the fucking hell ?

Religious text are not good evidence in science. You just ducked yourself on this one!

Religion is bullcrap because it OBLIGES people to believe in what they say. The religion didn't, in all humanity history, gave one single proof on anything scientific!!! It's only text that SAYS how things are, but doesn't EXPLAIN how things are.

Wrrrooooooooooonnnnnnngggggg answer with religion.

And your 172 years book is just... stupid. Who would have written it ? Someone who would have lived like 500 years ? It's really long to write, much more than to read, did you know ? I can write something in about 30 minutes and it'll take me about 5 minutes to read it. So the book would have been writen in over 1000 years! That's bullcrap man!

Don't come up with something religious again ; you're just loosing all of your scientific credibility.
arth is spheric.

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 09:26:29 AM »
Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Only if you can afford the stuff that's not better put to use washing tikka massala stains out of your shirt.

As for Islam's view on Earth's shape, my screen name, Al-Jiyyani, is the name of a chap who came up with spherical trigonometry, to plot which way people should be facing to bow to Mecca in different parts of the world. I think that from this, we can safely guess Islam's stance on the shape of Earth.

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 01:24:54 PM »
.. so Earth is actually a carpet?
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 07:42:42 PM »
Yo if you want to just read the Qur'an to get a glimpse of God's wisdom, or to get an idea of what is enjoined upon humans, then great, you go ahead and read an English interpretation of the meaning.

Unfortunately for you, most Arabic scholars will say that roughly 5% of the qur'anic meaning is maintained when it is translated.  In the actual (Arabic) Qur'an, every letter and every punctuation mark is deliberate and is a sign from God, subhanAllah.

Now I know that probably no one here speaks Arabic but that's not the point.  If you want to make an arguement from the Qur'an you do it in Arabic, period.  Go to every one of those ayat and give each word and an exegesis on each and then you can start to purport to speak on behalf of Allah (Azza wa Jal).  It is fruitless to take a human being's interpretation of God's literal speech to mankind and apply it to scientific theory because even Abdullah Yusuf Ali would be the first to admit that his book is in no way the actual Qur'an, he calls it "the meanings of..."  It's dangerous to claim to quote Allah, (especially with no verse context) when you are in fact, not.

AstaghfirAllah, Allahu A3lam, Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.

Allahu Akbar.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 02:02:13 AM »
Im a muslim and I know about this religion more than you. What youre doing is taking the words literally and changing the text from arabic to english. The Quran is a spiritual book not a highschool science book

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Quran & Flat-Earth
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2007, 08:32:11 AM »
have you ever spread something and it ended up being a ball ;D

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2007, 08:44:12 AM »
There is not one book, verse or phrase written from The Lord, in the history of time, that says that the earth is a small round ball spinning around and spinning around the sun. Man was and is free to think and say that the sky is brown, blue, white, or purple.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2007, 10:24:16 AM »
I thought the Qu'ran was mostly metaphorical...bit like the bible.

Bah, I don't understand religion. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Quote from: TheEngineer
I happen to like GG.
Quote from: Z, the Enlightened.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »
I thought the Qu'ran was mostly metaphorical...bit like the bible.

Bah, I don't understand religion. It just doesn't make sense to me.
SO MANY REASONS TO DISBELIEVE!? :(

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 06:41:52 AM »
Man was and is free to think and say that the sky is brown, blue, white, or purple.
Personally, I think the sky is yellow on sundays and pink other days.
I happen to like GG.
I never thought in my life I'd write the sentence "I thought they were caught in a bipolar geodesic?"

Raa

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 03:28:03 PM »
Man was and is free to think and say that the sky is brown, blue, white, or purple.
but you see that it is blue all the time - keep punishing your thoughts buddy, keep punishing your thoughts! and don't give me that bullshi about blue gas

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 06:37:09 AM »
So the earth is spread out like a carpet?!  I see...... Not a rug... or a mat, or a duvet, or a throw... but definately a carpet.

Of course, it all makes sense now.

Except for oceans etc. Surely they would be soaked up by the carpet.
That'll leave a stain ::)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:08:45 AM by macnme »

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 04:33:59 PM »
ya but if you don't get your life right you'll be a round-earther
you cant say people with good/bad lives believe certain things, because their life is good/bad.

My life is great right now. the Earth is Round.

Your observation is proven false.

?

flatter

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 06:37:19 AM »
whats the point of this thread, they think the earth is round.

?

Miss M.

• Screw you.
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »
but you see that it is blue all the time - keep punishing your thoughts buddy, keep punishing your thoughts! and don't give me that bullshi about blue gas
blue gas? I hadn't heard that one...
I happen to like GG.

?

Black Fox

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 02:16:05 PM »
Aaaaaalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala!