Hors3dick

• Flat Earth non-believer
Why no one has ever reached the end of the world
« on: December 04, 2012, 05:33:44 AM »
If the Earth is flat?

Rushy

Re: Why no one has ever reached the end of the world
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:12:14 AM »
Why has no one ever been to the surface of the Sun if such a thing exists? The obvious answer is that, not only is it hard to get to, it generally causes death.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 06:17:27 AM »
Cause that would rely on these people getting away from their PC's, and actually doing something... That and they scared of russian bred penguins and the conspiracy guards that lurk at the edge... Either that or the world is an infinite plane... The latter just seems like "oh shit, we cant get to the edge" and the former says "My mother probably took lotsa drugs while she was pregnant so now my brain doesnt work and Im constantly paranoid

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
My mother probably took lotsa drugs while she was pregnant so now my brain doesnt work and Im constantly paranoid

While we all are deeply sorry for your condition, this post would probably be more appropriate in one of the lower forums.

?

Hors3dick

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 06:45:16 AM »
Why has no one ever been to the surface of the Sun if such a thing exists? The obvious answer is that, not only is it hard to get to, it generally causes death.
What could actually cause death? Are there some kind of 24/7 guard patrols all around the edge who shoot intruders with a sniper?

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 06:49:38 AM »
My mother probably took lotsa drugs while she was pregnant so now my brain doesnt work and Im constantly paranoid

While we all are deeply sorry for your condition, this post would probably be more appropriate in one of the lower forums.

Ah well done the queero took away some inverted commas and made a funny... Comical genius, taking the gay world by storm

Rushy

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:53:35 AM »
What could actually cause death? Are there some kind of 24/7 guard patrols all around the edge who shoot intruders with a sniper?

Guards? No. I'm not sure why you think there would be guards. But anyway, the weather itself would kill you within the span of a few days. The area where the apparent edge is far from the Sun and assumed to be the largest mountain range on the disc. Such a journey would be similar to climbing multiple Mount Everests in a single trip. No one takes an evening stroll out to Antarctica.

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 06:57:08 AM »
What a load of bull, if they were several mount everests they would be visible from quite a distance

Rushy

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 07:06:19 AM »
What a load of bull, if they were several mount everests they would be visible from quite a distance

the apparent edge is far from the Sun

www.rif.org

?

Hors3dick

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 07:09:28 AM »

Guards? No. I'm not sure why you think there would be guards. But anyway, the weather itself would kill you within the span of a few days. The area where the apparent edge is far from the Sun and assumed to be the largest mountain range on the disc. Such a journey would be similar to climbing multiple Mount Everests in a single trip. No one takes an evening stroll out to Antarctica.
Far from the sun you say? Would you explain me this in the map then?

The center of the "disc" is closest to sun, It should have a climate of Africa.

Rushy

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

That map is unfortunately just a projection of a globe onto a disc plane. The edge stretches out much farther than the map illustrates. This was avoided mainly because the map would have been too large and completely lack detail. Also, the Sun revolves primarily around the equator, not the center of the disc.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »

?

Hors3dick

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 07:25:47 AM »
So you're saying sun is small and close to earth?  :o
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:31:45 AM by Hors3dick »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 07:27:39 AM »

The sun is not directly over the North Pole.  It is close to it, though, in the summer time.

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 07:38:35 AM »

The FAQ states the sun is a sphere, 3100 miles above earth, and 32 miles in diameter. yes, its much smaller and closer than spherical earth theory.

?

Hors3dick

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 07:41:23 AM »

The FAQ states the sun is a sphere, 3100 miles above earth, and 32 miles in diameter. yes, its much smaller and closer than spherical earth theory.
I don't think it could produce such amount of energy, It's too small.

Rushy

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 08:05:55 AM »
I don't think it could produce such amount of energy, It's too small.

Inverse-square law. Because the Sun is closer, it does not need to produce as much energy as the Sun does in RET.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 09:18:08 AM »
The sun actually spends most of its time over the edge of the rim. That's the only way day and night and seasons work.

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »
The sun actually spends most of its time over the edge of the rim. That's the only way day and night and seasons work.

lol i have never heard anyone say that before. so now the try plotting that on a map and see whats wrong? il give you a hint it would melt the supposed ice wall is would travel over every day.
some things you guys say truly are incredible il give you all that

Tintagel

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Full of Tinier Tintagels!
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »

Haven't heard that one before.  As I understand it, seasons work because the radius of the sun's orbit changes throughout the year (and possibly its altitude, but I'm not certain on this.)  At its smallest point is the summer solstice (in the northern hemisphere), and at its largest, the winter solstice.

Care to elaborate on your theory of the sun spending most of its time beyond the edge?  I'd be interested to hear you out, but it doesn't make sense to me.

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »
There was a documentary where Andrea Barnes did indeed reached the edge and even snapped at least one photo. Unfortunatley the film was exposed to air.
Does someone have the link? It is pretty good. (except for the pie plate guy.)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »
It's called In Search of the Edge and was produced by Bullfrog Films.
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/search.html
Tom might have a link to the online version.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 01:08:24 PM »
this thread that i created a while ago shows roughly the suns position.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,52981.msg1298630.html#msg1298630

in order for there to be a winter in the northern hemiplane the sun needs to be over the rim for the spotlight to be correct.