How woud a flat earth form?

• 45 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: How woud a flat earth form?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 02:41:53 PM »
The celestial objects show a weak attraction to organic matter. As you move away from the earth you get closer to the celestial objects, thereby lowering your weight. Also, the celestial objects are closer to the earth at some spots of the earth. Here your weight will be slightly lower as well.

Thank you for admitting that the EP does not hold for the flat earth.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »
The celestial objects show a weak attraction to organic matter. As you move away from the earth you get closer to the celestial objects, thereby lowering your weight. Also, the celestial objects are closer to the earth at some spots of the earth. Here your weight will be slightly lower as well.

It does for 99% of the time.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 02:56:34 PM »

Not as long as celestial bodies have a gravitational influence on the flat earth,

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »

Not as long as celestial bodies have a gravitational influence on the flat earth,

Who says that the celestial bodies have a gravitational influence on the earth?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 03:04:50 PM »

Read the FAQ.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »

Read the FAQ.

You know very well that the FAQ is out dated and that it is in the process of being rewritten.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 03:13:00 PM »

Read the FAQ.

You know very well that the FAQ is out dated and that it is in the process of being rewritten.

Irrelevant.  You asked who said so and I told you.

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 11:29:03 PM »
if gravity didn't exist, then how would we have weight?
How does UA account for the fact that your weight reduces as you move away from the earth?  Or that gravity is measurably different at different points on the earth's surface?

What causes the attraction? Any evidence of it? Any possible proof?

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »
if gravity didn't exist, then how would we have weight?
How does UA account for the fact that your weight reduces as you move away from the earth?  Or that gravity is measurably different at different points on the earth's surface?

Most of us believe that there is some form of celestial gravity, but that its extremely weak.

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2012, 12:14:14 PM »
The celestial objects show a weak attraction to organic matter.
Really?  I must admit, I do quite like the way you just make stuff up on the fly.  Unlike some other believers, who think for a bit, then make stuff up.

As you move away from the earth you get closer to the celestial objects, thereby lowering your weight.
Urm, the measurements are made with inorganic instruments and weigh inorganic mass - what has my weight got to do with anything?

Why do people keep directing me towards them for answers then?
Fine, I'll spell it out to you. All stones (that are in moving water) eventually become flat due to erosion. If the earth were round, one would expect that the stones would show some curvature due to the curvature of the way the water would have to flow over a round

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2012, 12:40:35 PM »
Really?  I must admit, I do quite like the way you just make stuff up on the fly.  Unlike some other believers, who think for a bit, then make stuff up.

I don't make this up on the fly. This is based off data on moonshramp and their adhesion to the moon.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:33:20 PM by Beorn »

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 02:26:46 PM »
This is based off data on moonshramp and there adhesion to the moon.
Sorry, I should have known.  I'm always forgetting about the moonshramp for some reason.
Fine, I'll spell it out to you. All stones (that are in moving water) eventually become flat due to erosion. If the earth were round, one would expect that the stones would show some curvature due to the curvature of the way the water would have to flow over a round

« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »
ok, im sorry but i find it hard to believe that there is a global conspiracy to make us all believe in a a certain gravity...
im just asking, how would a flat earth form? i think that it would violate all laws of physics... anyway, how about the magnetic pole? how would that work?

« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 11:16:11 AM »

I don't make this up on the fly. This is based off data on moonshramp and their adhesion to the moon.

Oh come on. You just know this guy is just a troll.
Im a tractor

Tintagel

• Flat Earth Editor
  • Full of Tinier Tintagels!
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »
ok, im sorry but i find it hard to believe that there is a global conspiracy to make us all believe in a a certain gravity...
im just asking, how would a flat earth form? i think that it would violate all laws of physics... anyway, how about the magnetic pole? how would that work?
There isn't a conspiracy to make us all believe in gravity - but if one believes that the earth isn't flat, and therefore isn't accelerating upward, one has to apply some sort of force to hold us all down to the ground.

The magnetic poles are still magnetic.  The north pole, located in the center of the disc, is where the magnetic lines of force converge.  The field spreads out above (and presumably below) the surface in a hemisphere not entirely dissimilar from the magnetosphere that would surround a spherical earth. 

?

cartwheelnurd

• Iname as One
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2012, 04:37:27 PM »
[quote author=Tintagel link=topic=56750.msg1423220#msg1423220 date=1354735293

There isn't a conspiracy to make us all believe in gravity - but if one believes that the earth isn't flat, and therefore isn't accelerating upward, one has to apply some sort of force to hold us all down to the ground.

[/quote]

Well, how did you come to the Universal Accelerator? If you as a society are zetetic you will have a smidge of evidence that the world is being pushed constantly upwards b a force we don't see.
Ravioli is how the universe fills a small part of itself with cheese.