Zetetic Experimental Research Group (ZeRG) - need volunteers

• 49 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Zetetic Experimental Research Group (ZeRG) - need volunteers
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 12:50:38 PM »
Well, you can always have people in different parts of the world test the accuracy of the RE internet sunrise/sunset calculators.  This would be especially handy on the days of the equinox to see if the RE prediction of the sun rising almost exactly due east and then almost exactly 12 hours later setting almost exactly due west holds true in various parts of the world.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 12:52:32 PM »
This is the one reason I dismissed it strait away. On other thing that needs mentioning is that the rate of curvature in Enag is wrong, but I bet that statement is contested too. There are enough pictures on here that show that the Bedford level experiment can be inconclusive.
The rate of curvature in ENaG is correct for RE.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »
This is the one reason I dismissed it strait away. On other thing that needs mentioning is that the rate of curvature in Enag is wrong, but I bet that statement is contested too. There are enough pictures on here that show that the Bedford level experiment can be inconclusive.
The rate of curvature in ENaG is correct for RE.
The drop from the observer is not though. But I do expect that comment to be contested, that's good though as it proves my point.

I have already confirmed those calculators to be correct enough to show the earths spotlight. There are a few here who actually do experiments rather than google everything.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
So do you guys still want to do the bedford experiment over the oceans? Or has anyone else got other ideas?

?

Major Twang

• Astronomer
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
Here is a good experiment.

Get a pendulum clock. 

Calibrate it carefully by checking the time it keeps over a baseline of several weeks.  Calculate the local acceleration due to gravity (g) from the equation

Period = 2 * Pi * (Length of Pendulum / g)^0.5

Take it up to the highest point you possibly can.  Observe how much time it loses & use the result to calculate the g at that higher point.

Repeat the change of location several times for accuracy

Remember to correct your result for any significant change in latitude between points A & B

Compare the reduction in local gravitational force to that predicted by the inverse square law, with the earth's radius at 6,370km. 

Compare the result to what Universal Accelleration would predict.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »
Excellent, please let us know when the results are in.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »
Just ask everyone to post their start airport, end airport and flight time for any flights they're on. I won't take many southern hemisphere flights to draw some useful conclusions. Even if you think that the in flight displays are rigged you know you aren't going supersonic so assume 95% the speed of sound or something, won't be far away most planes cruise at 80-85% the speed of sound anyway.

RealScientist

• Science does not care for Earth's shape
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »
So do you guys still want to do the bedford experiment over the oceans? Or has anyone else got other ideas?
Doing the experiment over the ocean, preferably a calm ocean, is perfectly acceptable. Doing it on a calm lake is even better. What is not acceptable is doing it on a stretch of just 6 miles. The error caused by refraction is enough to give false results in particularly bad conditions. But this error does not increase significantly when doing the experiment on a longer stretch, while the measured height increases almost exponentially with the increase of length.

Also, the size of the waves is not as important when you do the experiment in, say, 20 or 25 kilometers. But the size of the observed phenomenon increases from about a meter or two to several meters.

In fact, I have been in a calm ocean, several miles off the coast, and the size of the waves was of only a few centimeters. The problem with waves is totally manageable.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2012, 06:27:28 PM »
i think swells or bulges in the water are more of an issue when the ocean is concerned.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 08:37:38 AM »
Surely tides are only an issue if we do not see the flag at the opposite side. If we see the flag, then it is regardless of the waves?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 08:44:06 AM »
Of course it still matters!

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 08:51:19 AM »
if we can see the flag, then the tides are not large enough to be an issue....

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 08:56:30 AM »
It puts the whole experiment into dispute. It will invalidate any effort you make.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 05:31:07 AM »
squevil you sent me a pm with some ideas, if you can formulate experiments for them then that would be great.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 05:32:58 AM »
Here is a good experiment.

Get a pendulum clock. 

Calibrate it carefully by checking the time it keeps over a baseline of several weeks.  Calculate the local acceleration due to gravity (g) from the equation

Period = 2 * Pi * (Length of Pendulum / g)^0.5

Take it up to the highest point you possibly can.  Observe how much time it loses & use the result to calculate the g at that higher point.

Repeat the change of location several times for accuracy

Remember to correct your result for any significant change in latitude between points A & B

Compare the reduction in local gravitational force to that predicted by the inverse square law, with the earth's radius at 6,370km. 

Compare the result to what Universal Accelleration would predict.

Sounds good, that will go to number 1 on the to-do list.#

Equipment needed: 1 pendumlum clock, rope to attach it to the ceiling.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »
squevil, got any more ideas?

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 08:31:53 AM »
also found this, it details looking for curvature over the oceans:
http://flatearthlogic.webs.com/hundredproofs.htm

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 02:12:46 PM »
It's a devil of a job to set up a good pendulum. You can buy a gravimeter which will measure the local g value to a ridiculous level of accuracy. Might require a little capital outlay. Shop around on ebay and you'll probably get an ex-industrial one at some point.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 11:40:53 AM »
does anyone else want to do the pendulum experiments?

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »
1. I'm in, I'll try to do something. Location: Northern Spain (I will post my lat. long to a degree of precision when necessary)
2. Bedford is a really variable-dependant experiment. And the pendulum results are accepted both by RE (gravitation) and FE (celestial gravitation)

So I suggest another series of experiments. In example, FE claim's local gravity between objects (Cavendish' experiment) is due to electromagnetic atraction. I propose to design an experiment grounded, avoiding any electromagnetic interaction between masses, and comparing to a normal Cavendish exeriment.

Another one could be to define Bishop's Constant in Bendy Light (AKA E.A.) through empirical means, and to observe if it's linked to RE'ers gravity values. If it's so, we should make another round of experiments in a diferent inertial basis (fundraising to deploy an experiment from near space, so it can get to "0 G" enviroment?)   (http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=Electromagnetic_Accelerator)
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.