the moon

• 42 Replies
Re: the moon
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
This is very informative. Do you have any proof other than a photo that will likely be shopped by NASA?
Wouldn't Russia have noticed if we hadn't? Also that would be thousands of people keeping a secret.

?

Science

• The voice of reason in the world.
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 04:58:08 AM »
This is very informative. Do you have any proof other than a photo that will likely be shopped by NASA?
Wouldn't Russia have noticed if we hadn't? Also that would be thousands of people keeping a secret.
RASA is also in on it. They don't have to be deceived. Additionally, it wouldn't require that many people, as has been explained previously.
We had Dumber (spectimatic), whe have now Dumber (science).
I, for one, do not think that science is dumb.

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 06:02:17 AM »
RASA is also in on it. They don't have to be deceived. Additionally, it wouldn't require that many people, as has been explained previously.

What the hell is RASA?

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 06:26:10 AM »
Russia have secrets of their own, like Gagarin and space missions.
It's in nobodies interests to let the cat out of the bag.

Or indeed the lion.... I think you are on to something....

?

Science

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 07:18:37 AM »

What the hell is RASA?
I don't know if that actually exists. I just didn't feel like looking up the name of the Russian space agency.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 07:23:26 AM »

What the hell is RASA?
I don't know if that actually exists. I just didn't feel like looking up the name of the Russian space agency.

CCCP
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

?

Science

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 07:37:42 AM »

What the hell is RASA?

CCCP
Translation: USSR
I was looking for an agency in the current Russian government, but either way, you understand what I mean, so the name is irrelevant.

?

Major Twang

• Astronomer
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 01:34:21 PM »
Why do you need a reflector on the moon? The moon is shiny. Its supposed to reflect sunlight to earth already. Reflecting laser light should be a doddle.

The surface of the mood is not shiny.  It's pale grey & dusty.  It does reflect light back, but that light will be dispersed & difficult to detect.  By using a mirror, you massively increase the amount of light you are going to get back.

?

Science

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 02:05:58 PM »
Why do you need a reflector on the moon? The moon is shiny. Its supposed to reflect sunlight to earth already. Reflecting laser light should be a doddle.

The surface of the mood is not shiny.  It's pale grey & dusty.  It does reflect light back, but that light will be dispersed & difficult to detect.  By using a mirror, you massively increase the amount of light you are going to get back.
This depends on the light source. Obviously, since the Sun's light reflects off of it, it is possible to reflect light off of it (possibly when it is a new moon, so it will be more visible).

?

Major Twang

• Astronomer
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »
This depends on the light source. Obviously, since the Sun's light reflects off of it, it is possible to reflect light off of it (possibly when it is a new moon, so it will be more visible).

Yes - of course it's possible to reflect light off the surface, but a mirror is a much more efficient reflector than grey, dusty regolith.  Lasers disperse with distance, so you need the reflection to be as efficient as possible.

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »
So, you are 100% convinced this organisation are in on a 60 year old massive conspiracy, yet you don't even know what they are called?
Fine, I'll spell it out to you. All stones (that are in moving water) eventually become flat due to erosion. If the earth were round, one would expect that the stones would show some curvature due to the curvature of the way the water would have to flow over a round

?

Science

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2012, 04:56:08 AM »
So, you are 100% convinced this organisation are in on a 60 year old massive conspiracy, yet you don't even know what they are called?
That is correct. I don't know the name of the UK environmental agency, but I still know what they do. How would not knowing a name exclude me from knowing actions?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:42:56 AM by Science »

« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »
Because we also have a 1040mph rotating Earth we are told , so not only has the moon moved 13 metres from firing the laser to it coming back to Earth, we now have the Earth moving at 1040 mph, meaning in 3 seconds, the laser would miss the place where it was sent from by just under 1 mile.

You assume that the laser is a point source by the time it reaches the moon.  For the experiment you need a laser that can emit a constant 10^17 photons.  By the time these photons reach the moon they have diffused into a four mile wide band. On a good day only one or two of these photons/sec from the laser can be detected on earth.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:02:08 PM by spherelogic »