Why I think the Earth is Flat...

• 28 Replies
« on: September 05, 2005, 03:09:09 AM »
I made a sandwich for lunch today, it was flat.

I opened some pop to drink, that was flat too.

I then got an orange, and slowly spun it around on the spot. Then I tipped a bucket of sawdust over it. None of the sawdust stayed on the orange, it all fell off. If the earth was round my sawdust would fall off.

Therefore the earth must be flat.

And for those who doubt the wall of ice. I have been there. Of course I took piccies too. Heres one.

The wall gets much much higher. And it was very hard to find. I was lucky to use my laptop to send the photo out, as some government type people gave me a beating, took all my gear and sent me back on a plane.

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 05:37:35 AM »
This is what I'm talking about. There are all these FOOLS who come here with this, "if it were flat then why does it only take x amount of time to reach y by plane" or "explain satellites, america or even moon landings" all of which is completely spoon fed to you by the media. None of you round earthers have ever been on a plane to know the truth. How do I know for sure. It's simple. The profanity laden, down sydrome spelling, retarded blabber would place round earthers as garbage collectors at the very best, definantly not in the category of a person able to afford a plane ticket. Now here is someone who has real photographs of the wall of ice, the lynch pin of the theory, the greatest consiracy of all time. Enough petty arguing. This issue is bigger than all of us now. Tell everyone THE WOOL HAS BEEN PULLED OVER OUR EYES.

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 05:39:56 AM »
PS DB, I hope those operatives didn't hurt you too much. There will always be those who would harm others to protect lies, particularly those from the "continent that flat earth disproves" if you get my drift.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 09:26:32 AM »
If the government was as good as it should be, then this picture of the "Wall of Ice" would have been removed as soon as you posted it.  You would not have even goten to the "Wall of Ice" because the government will have put watchers on the "Wall of Ice" to keep people away to hide the Conspiracy.
gnorance can be excused, Stupidity cannot.

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 11:17:50 AM »
Quote from: "Nevyn"
If the government was as good as it should be, then this picture of the "Wall of Ice" would have been removed as soon as you posted it.  You would not have even goten to the "Wall of Ice" because the government will have put watchers on the "Wall of Ice" to keep people away to hide the Conspiracy.

first of all the picture to be a legit flat earth's wall, that wall would be casting a shadow,  second; the goverment cant even control the mexican border and you think they are going to be able to control a massive wall of ice. and third. i want you to think about these words that you posted:

"If the government was as good AS IT SHOULD BE, then this picture of the "Wall of Ice" would have been removed as soon as you posted it."

so you are saying that IF the goverment was "good" we would not be able to post much on these forums (because half of what is said here are lies),
and just so you know internet or this forum is not owned by the americans, so why do you think they should have any right to go to any forum and dictate what should be allowed or not allowed to be posted?

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 11:35:22 AM »
Are you sure you just didn't just go to iceland of somthing

You can clearly see beoynd the wall of ice there

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 03:32:57 PM »
ZOOBTRON, he is mocking flat-earthers. read the post again, he is talking completely sarcrastically. (if this is untrue thread-author, then this shows even how more rediculous this is!) the fact that you agreed with him adds a great deal of humor to this whole debate.

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 12:46:13 AM »
Nevyln:
If the government was as good as it should be, then this picture of the "Wall of Ice" would have been removed as soon as you posted it.

Who ever said the government is as good as it should be..? How good do you think they have to be to keep this covered up..? No-one is going to believe some guy in an internet forum;

Besides, most of the governments work in covering this up is done through brainwashing. The general populance wont accept that the earth is flat...so no-one who actually knows the truth will be believed. Why..? Because the general populance is brainwashed. Proof within itself.

Nameless
first of all the picture to be a legit flat earth's wall, that wall would be casting a shadow, second; the goverment cant even control the mexican border and you think they are going to be able to control a massive wall of ice

First - This again proves my theory round earthers brain synapses (brainwahsed) have trouble with the comprehension of a flat earth. Why would there be a shadow..? The sun still rises and falls as we all know it, at midday like in that photo the sun was directly above, and this means no shadow.

Second - People all (correctly) fully believe in the existence of Mexico and America. Hence hard to control a real border. But when you have a general populance who have been brainwashed into not believing in the Wall of Ice......how much easier does it become, to prevent people going to a place they dont even think exists..?

Vibins
Are you sure you just didn't just go to iceland of somthing

You can clearly see beoynd the wall of ice there

Actually it wasnt too far from iceland, but no sorry it wasnt actually at iceland. If by seeing beyond the Wall of Ice you are referring to the snow terrain in the middle left of the photo, then if you look closely you can also see the Wall of Ice extending as far as the eye can see.

The fact that it looks like terrain is 'above' the Wall of Ice is merely a trick of the distance (a veeeeerry long distance) and the atmosphere. The closer to the edge of the world you are, the more warped it looks.

This is because, while the earth is flat, it is also curved (as in, its round like a wheel...but not spherical).

Johnston
ZOOBTRON, he is mocking flat-earthers. read the post again, he is talking completely sarcrastically. (if this is untrue thread-author, then this shows even how more rediculous this is!) the fact that you agreed with him adds a great deal of humor to this whole debate.

You are in 'some' ways correct...let me explain.

I was neither mocking flat earthers nor being sarcastic. However, I was using a special form of english, designed to be more easily perceived by 'under brainwashed influence' round earthers. This is what you detected as sarcasm.

Zoobtron, it is clear you are a true flat earther. You can see what round earther merely are incapable of (through no fault of their own). With the global communication and freedom of the internet, maybe we can help people remove the wool.   :)

Re: Why I think the Earth is Flat...
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 12:51:28 AM »
ahh, he's a flat earther. even better!

Quote from: "Dork Bitch"
I made a sandwich for lunch today, it was flat.

I opened some pop to drink, that was flat too.

do i even need to explain these two?

I then got an orange, and slowly spun it around on the spot. Then I tipped a bucket of sawdust over it. None of the sawdust stayed on the orange, it all fell off. If the earth was round my sawdust would fall off.

let me explain to you how gravity works. everything has gravity and attracts surrounding objects to it, correct? then if you and i stood next to each other, our inherent gravity should pull us together, right? wrong. there is a much larger mass called the Earth, which its gravity is much stronger than either of ours. this is why we stay attached to the Earth and not to other objects.

now take your orange example. the reason the sawdust didn't stay on is because the Earth's gravity is much stronger and thus, the orange's gravity does not affect the sawdust.

please take a introductory course in Physics and come back.

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 01:03:45 AM »
Johnston, the problem you are having is that you are taking my words in a literal sense. As I mentioned, I was using a special form of english...a 'counter brainwash' form perhaps describes it better.

The fact that the earths gravity (note that gravity does not prove the earth is spherical) has more force than that of my orange is besides the point. If anything it adds to the point, in that a large mass flat object (earth) can sustain higher gravity than an orange - gravity works on a two-dimensional plane, and a spherical object will have weak, non-linear gravity.

Hence why the flat object got the sawdust and not the orange.

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2005, 01:10:53 AM »
1. A solid physical object, like a sandwich, is flat.

2. A liquid fizzy pop drink has spheres of gas (bubbles). When the spheres have dissipated, what is left..? Flatness.

Combine these concepts. Solid, liquid or gas. All must balance to form equilibrium at a state of linearity (flat). Its a given fact the earth sustains life. It is a fact that (all) life is balanced.

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2005, 01:10:59 AM »
The fact that the earths gravity (note that gravity does not prove the earth is spherical) has more force than that of my orange is besides the point. If anything it adds to the point, in that a large mass flat object (earth) can sustain higher gravity than an orange - gravity works on a two-dimensional plane, and a spherical object will have weak, non-linear gravity.

rewriting the laws of Physics as you see fit does not count as valid evidence for your argument. next.

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 01:18:54 AM »
It is a worthy and common round earthers point you bring forth johnston, that 'it doesnt match physics'. However, you forget the education system is initiated and run by the government.

The phyics you have been taught is merely an overlap of the real flat world physics, and the theorums of a supposed spherical world.

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 02:49:43 AM »
and i suppose you are a "man of great intellect" to have discovered the "correct" laws of Physics.

you flat-earthers constantly speak of conspiracy. this is a quote from one of my other posts:

Quote from: "Johnston"
if Round Earth was truly a conspiracy, then that would mean this "conspiracy" would date back all the way to Greek and Roman times. in other words: utterly impossible.

think about it...some lone archaeologist is digging in Greece and he finds the diary of a ancient-Greek high government official, uncovering the conspiracy of the Round Earth theory that has been going on for thousands of years. he obviously has no reason to keep his mouth shut, so soon: breaking news! the Earth is flat!!!

if the Flat Earth theory is true, then the above scenario should have already happened.

you cannot have a conspiracy going on for that long of a time, with that many people involved, and not have any trace, record, or leak anywhere. it is impossible.

then again, i guess Greece and Rome never existed either...they were just made up by the government, right?

wait, aren't Greece and Rome mentioned in the Bible? don't half of you flat-earthers swear by the Bible? that MUST mean this conspiracy has been going on since Greek and Roman times.

whenever i effectively disprove the flat-earth theory with science, you flat-earthers yell out, "conspiracy! the science you know is wrong and has simply been spoon-fed to you by the government!" but then when i prove your conspiracy theory wrong, you guys just shy back to a scientific debate. there cannot be both. what's it gonna be Dork, science or conspiracy?

?

WTF

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2005, 04:23:44 AM »
It is a worthy and common round earthers point you bring forth johnston, that 'it doesnt match physics'. However, you forget the education system is initiated and run by the government.

The phyics you have been taught is merely an overlap of the real flat world physics, and the theorums of a supposed spherical world.

If you think you can simplify the laws of physics or provide evidence for any of your claims, by all means do so.  You have a Nobel Prize in your future.

I won't hold my breath.

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 05:26:15 AM »
Thanks for the lazy replies "round earthers", maybe you could throw some facts in not diatribe from the usual controlled sources. DB is correct in his analysis of gravity amplified over a 2D plane. This theory easily answers what spherical earth cannot and that is how can natures weakest force counter  the strongest. Centifugal force exerted by an object with such an enormous diameter rotating every 24 hours exhibiting incredibly high surface speeds cannot be overcome by such a weak force such as gravity even with very large mass involved. This cannot be recreated by round earthers in a laboritory situation. They will simply tell you it is so because they were told it was so, then preceed to give you links that bbc, cnn, nasa etc etc etc to prove me right in my beliefs regarding round earthers to be mental slaves. Therefore how does one explain the effects of gravity on earth. Simple. Remove the spherical rotational component and replace it with with a 2D round flat object with high mass and an ice wall.  :twisted:

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 05:29:06 AM »
Now can we start recruiting some actual "thinkers" around here, rather than collect the usual assortment of "round earth" mental midgets. This is a flat earth forum after all.

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 11:46:59 AM »
its now thought gravity is so weak because its a low scale manifistation of a mich larger unidentified force. I agree that theory of general relativity has some holes in it but hopefuly with the progression of man kind these will surley be filled.

The centerfugal forces are not strong enough to throw us from the earth or else we would all be dead because the earth is a spinning sphere of nickel and iron.

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2005, 09:06:04 PM »
Quote from: "ZOOBTRON"
Centifugal force exerted by an object with such an enormous diameter rotating every 24 hours exhibiting incredibly high surface speeds cannot be overcome by such a weak force such as gravity even with very large mass involved. This cannot be recreated by round earthers in a laboritory situation.

gravity is a weak force? on an object so small as a single human being (skydiver), the terminal velocity resulting from a free-fall is appoximately 124mph. (and that's counting air resistence.) yup, that's pretty weak.

actually, you simply proved my point by mentioning the laboratory. such a thing cannot be recreated in a laboratory BECAUSE OF THE EARTH'S GRAVITY, the same reason why the "sawdust on the orange" experiment is invalidated as well. whereas you can recreate an object sitting on a flat table as a "flat earth's gravity", but really it is simply the gravity of a round earth at work.

are all the flat earthers as dull as this?

?

WTF

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 09:55:33 PM »
Gravity is a weak force - in a sense.  It's really only weak because at scales where the other forces show their stuff, they are much more powerful.  Gravity means nothing to an electron around a proton, or to some stuck-together quarks - the electromagnetic in the former or strong nuclear in the latter are much more powerful in this context, by many orders of magnitude.  But with massive objects and great distances, gravity reigns supreme.  Heck, the ultimate fate of the universe depends on its mass (Omega)- past a certain point (Omega>1), there's enough mass (and hence, enough gravity) to halt the acceleration of the universe, reverse the expansion, and end it all in a Big Crunch.  If there isn't enough mass, the universe will fly apart (Omega<1) or slow, but never halt or reverse (if Omega=1) and eventually experience a heat death.  On the face of it, that doesn't sound like a "weak" force to me.
So it depends on how you look at it but yeah, gravity is considered a weak force.

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 05:32:04 AM »
Johnson, time and time again you prove your simpleton intellect by reading, then responding without UNDERSTANDING. Where did I say a skydiver was not affected by gravity accelerating him to terminal velocity etc. I am saying in orders of magnitude, gravity is the least, especially next to the energy generated by an enormous rotating object. However this rotating sphere is a crackpot idea defended by twits with the lateral thinking ability of sweat on a baboons crack. Remove the rotational component and you are left with only gravity generated by a high mass thin disk with an ice wall. We need some more pictures of the ice wall, maybe that will shut the peanut gallery up.

gravity is a weak force? on an object so small as a single human being (skydiver), the terminal velocity resulting from a free-fall is appoximately 124mph.

So there are neanderthals who don't use metric units. Scary.

actually, you simply proved my point by mentioning the laboratory. such a thing cannot be recreated in a laboratory BECAUSE OF THE EARTH'S GRAVITY

More lazy science. Well when I said no round earther was going to recreate this in a lab you go ahead and pass me the winners trophy, thanks for coming. This is why kids, only losers think the world is spherical.

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 06:20:11 AM »
Zoobtron: Please define the centrifugal force, along with its effects. Use the example of a bucket of water being swung in a circle to do so, please.

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 05:45:18 PM »
ZOOBTRON, you need to take a course in elementary science. you talk about recreating certain effects in a laboratory, yet you simply omit the fundamentals of scientific procedure while doing so.

you see, there are things in science called controls and variables (maybe you've heard of them). you speak of trying to test gravity in a laboratory setting, but fail to recognize that there is ALREADY GRAVITY PRESENT in the experiment's enviornment (the gravity of a round Earth). in order to appropriately conduct the experiment of which you speak, you would need to go out into space, FAR away from any large celestial objects in order to ensure that the only gravity you are observing is in fact, part of the experiment. your analogy of objects sitting on a flat table does nothing to prove that gravity is a two-demensional force, and therefore, that the Earth is flat (as the gravity of a round Earth can easily explain why sawdust simply rests on a flat table).

simply put, your little experiment is the equivalent of trying to do an experiment with colors while wearing those little red and blue 3D glasses.

on a lighter note, insulting someone over using the "Standard" system over the Metric system is a further indication of your ignorance. the fact that you Googled my little skydiver trivia to figure out where i got it from cracks me up...then again, your sense of humor is quite different from the rest of us sane peoples' humor (we already established that like 5 posts back).

ZOOBTRON, you of all flat-earthers amuse me the most. tomorrow, you'll be claiming the sky is an irradescent mix of red and blue, and then take off your 3D glasses and realize what a fool you are.

?

WTF

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2005, 04:46:55 AM »
Quote from: "ZOOBTRON"
Remove the rotational component and you are left with only gravity generated by a high mass thin disk with an ice wall.

Bare assertion.  Why would you assume this when there isn't any evidence for a flat earth, or ice wall, in the first place?  If there is, feel free to present it.

We need some more pictures of the ice wall, maybe that will shut the peanut gallery up.

Why would this be any kind of proof?  We can and have presented many pictures of a spherical earth from space, yet they are poo-pooed away as fake.  Well, you guys are the ones who decided that pictures aren't valid evidence.  So please spare us pictures of snow and glaciers and calling them the "ice wall".

So are you ready to start actually defending your flat earth model, or are you only comfortable running your mouth and spouting off assertion?  Why don't you start by explaining which flat-earth model you actually believe, so I can rip it to shreds.  Is it the North Pole in the middle/Antarctica on the outside model, or what?

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005, 09:00:17 PM »
Wow. WTF is a real, ultimate internet hardman. You have seen the experiments, ie the sawdust attracted to the flatness, you have seen the icewall, you have read my hypothesis on high mass 2D disk + ice wall. I think the only thing ripped to shreds is your sanity and that is why we're getting an oxygen starved geek chest thumping like a silverback.

?

WTF

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 04:39:42 AM »
I'll take that as a "Yes, I'm afraid to get into specifics because I know how stupid I'll look".  Figures - just another person who'll run smack but refuse to get into any detail.

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2006, 08:25:38 AM »
The sawdust experiment is not a valid experiment. If you used a small mass of sawdust on a large orange then it would stay on. However it falls off because it is attracted to the Earth's gravity. We would only fall off the Earth if it had no gravity and there was a nearby object in space which did have gravity. The same thing would happen on a flat Earth.

The pictures of the ice wall are not exactly proof because we have pictures of the Earth being round, both sides claiming each others to be faked. If both sides choose not to blelieve them then there's nothing we can do, it just pictures are not considered proof.

I'm still reading your hypothesis.

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2006, 01:03:16 PM »
Waitwait, in the sawdust-and-orange experiment, is the claim here that (a) the table exerts a gravitational force on the sawdust or that that (b) the Earth exerts a gravitational force on the sawdust and the table gets in the way?

Sorry, I seem to remember peeking into this thread when I first joined and quickly bypassing it due to its utter mindlessness, but the recent post has reawakened by interest... or at least, my astonishment.

Anyway, if the claim is (a), then consider this other experiment I did.  First I replicated the original experiment: put an orange on the table, spun the orange, poured the sawdust.  Sure enough, I replicated the original results!  The sawdust seemed attracted to the flatness of the table.  Wild!  I thought, hm... what a neat effect... maybe I could design a propulsion system around this!  So I turned the table on its side, and tied the orange from the ceiling by a string.  Poured the sawdust... but this time, the sawdust went all the way to the floor.  Amazing!  I tried the table in a variety of orientations.  Still, the sawdust always seemed to go down.  Thinking maybe my big, flat floor was attracting the sawdust, I reran the experiment outside, and from the top of a tall building hanging over the edge, and on top of a very pointy (not flat at all) mountain.  No matter what, the sawdust always went down (same direction I feel *myself* getting pulled).  So I concluded that the nonsense about flat things attracting things is absolutely worthless, especially when considered from the standpoint of "WTF was I thinking???"

If the claim is (b), or if you still believe (a) but want to claim that it's the Earth's flatness that was attracting the sawdust the whole time... well, try to realize that the Earth's shape is exactly what's in question here.  Noticing that the Earth attracts things doesn't immediately give you any information about its shape.  It certainly seems, btw, that other objects in the universe attract one another, despite being vehemently not flat.

Anyway, I can understand why this thread is as dead as the brains of those who initiated it.  Hopefully it will soon return to its quiescent state and leave us alone.

-Erasmus
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

NDayave

Why spend the money?
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 03:43:16 PM »
Isn't anyone else thinking WHY THE HELL WOULD THE GOVERNMENT WASTE BILLIONS UPON BILLIONS DISPELLING THE 'FLAT EARTH THOERY'? Personally id let them know the world was flat and have a nice big payrise from all the money saved from NOT telling people the earth was flat and spend it on a yacht or something.
And why waste the money guarding a wall of ice anyone stupid enough to climb deserves to fall off the other side?

Seems a bit wasteful and stupid to me