Northern Irish Journalist Seeking Interview

• 7 Replies
Northern Irish Journalist Seeking Interview
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:06:34 AM »
Hello,

My name is Alex Keery and I'm a freelance Journalist based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Although I make a living covering Sport, I'm interesting in branching out.

I've been aware of this society for a number of years, and now I'd like to focus on it in an article.

If there are any members who are willing to speak to me, please let me know. I'm aware of the major points covered in the FAQ, but I'd rather get some answers from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I'd like to make it clear that the intention of the article is not to ridicule or scorn; I'm merely trying to shed some light on an idea that most people cast aside without any consideration.

Preferably, I'd like to chat with a member who not only possesses strong personal beliefs on the topic, but is also knowledgeable and accessible. I'd be keeping the tone of the article analytical, but also light hearted -  as I say, I have no ulterior motive or agenda here - it's a topic I'll admit I'm largely ignorant of [ignore my short perusal of the FAQ] and I'm keen to develop an understanding.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alex Keery

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
Re: Northern Irish Journalist Seeking Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:26:20 AM »
I can't find any articles from you, could you link me to some?
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:28:32 AM »
I'll save you some trouble - This site appears to be run by bored academics who believe that leadership of 'The Flat Earth Society' is some sort of bizarre status symbol.

Its a fun site to sharpen your science and debate skills but any attestation that this site is not a long-running joke should be viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism.

?

Thork

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 09:33:30 AM »
Ignoring the troll above, the society has a number of members who regularly give press interviews.

Lord Wilmore (the vice-president) did one only last week that was syndicated to yahoo news, NBC, Huffington post etc. you should maybe read that to get a flavour.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/29/flat-earth-society-psychology_n_2038198.html

John Davis also does media interviews, but is harder to track down. Below is the BBC one John did a while back.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7540427.stm

The President, Daniel Shenton is even harder to get hold of. Somehow The Guardian got hold of him.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2010/feb/23/flat-earth-society

Also Tom Bishop and Ski give a good interview.

So if I were you I'd approach Lord Wilmore, Tom Bishop and Ski, in that order hoping they can spare you some time. You can try to get an interview with the Daniel, but it'd probably be easier to get an exclusive with Jesus.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:38:06 AM by Thork »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:44:21 AM »
Also Tom Bishop and Ski give a good interview.

Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 09:48:34 AM »
Tom Bishop did the one below about a month ago.
http://occupyilluminati.com/the-flat-earth-theory-with-interviews-from-believers/

I can't remember the last thing Ski did, but I'm sure he interviews well.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »
I am willing to interview again. Send me a list of questions. I will reply with short answers to some of them, so send me a bunch of them.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 01:12:29 PM »
Hello,

My name is Alex Keery and I'm a freelance Journalist based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Although I make a living covering Sport, I'm interesting in branching out.

I've been aware of this society for a number of years, and now I'd like to focus on it in an article.

If there are any members who are willing to speak to me, please let me know. I'm aware of the major points covered in the FAQ, but I'd rather get some answers from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

I'd like to make it clear that the intention of the article is not to ridicule or scorn; I'm merely trying to shed some light on an idea that most people cast aside without any consideration.

Preferably, I'd like to chat with a member who not only possesses strong personal beliefs on the topic, but is also knowledgeable and accessible. I'd be keeping the tone of the article analytical, but also light hearted -  as I say, I have no ulterior motive or agenda here - it's a topic I'll admit I'm largely ignorant of [ignore my short perusal of the FAQ] and I'm keen to develop an understanding.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alex Keery

Hello Alex, and welcome! As Thork mentioned above, I am the society's Vice President, and I've done a couple of interviews recently. Accordingly I'd be quite happy to do an interview with you. Additionally, I actually live in Dublin, so it might even be possible to arrange a face-to-face meeting, if that were of interest to you. Of course, I am naturally happy to correspond via email as well. Send me one at flatearthtoday@gmail.com if you like.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord