NASA Conspiracy

• 80 Replies
NASA Conspiracy
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »
That red bull stratos made the earth look pretty round... must have been a NASA conspiracy even though they had no part in this. Must have been fake.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
Re: NASA Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 11:52:39 AM »
That fish eye lens made the earth seem pretty round... must have been the camera conspiracy even though they had no part in this.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
That fish eye lens made the earth seem pretty round... must have been the camera conspiracy even though they had no part in this.
yep the fish eye had no effect on anything bit the earth.... yeah right. FErs so naive.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »
From an earlier test-flight:
Here is video from the capsule on the same flight:
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Felix Baumgartner's Test Jump - Red Bull Stratos

Look at 1:33-1:36 in the video.
Look at 2:47-53 in the video

It's pretty clear that the horizon is flat when he opens the door to the capsule, and that it looks curved when seen from the wide angle view outside of the capsule. I do not care what else you think you can explain away. The evidence is right there in front of you. There was no curvature at that height.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 12:22:34 PM »
From an earlier test-flight:
Here is video from the capsule on the same flight:
#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Felix Baumgartner's Test Jump - Red Bull Stratos

Look at 1:33-1:36 in the video.
Look at 2:47-53 in the video the test flights weren't as high obviously learn your facts.

It's pretty clear that the horizon is flat when he opens the door to the capsule, and that it looks curved when seen from the wide angle view outside of the capsule. I do not care what else you think you can explain away. The evidence is right there in front of you. There was no curvature at that height.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »
There's no curvature at the test height... doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there not testing at actual launch heights.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:55:43 PM »
If the outside cameras showed curvature at zero altitude, why would I believe the view showing curvature at height? Did you watch the event? The view looking out the door today showed a flat horizon. The only curvature evident was in the same camera views which showed curvature on the ground.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 03:52:55 PM »
Great mission! Only  a lunatic would assess that the earth is flat!

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 03:55:39 PM »
looks like the lit portion of a planar earth.

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 03:59:11 PM »
looks like the lit portion of a planar earth.

looks like what you want to believe! you want to believe in a flat earth!

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 04:35:16 PM »
I dont want to believe, as a Zetetic i must first conclude that the is is planar until overwhelming evidence proves otherwise.

My pseudenom  is from my enjoyment for the american drama.

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
I dont want to believe, as a Zetetic i must first conclude that the is is planar until overwhelming evidence proves otherwise.

My pseudenom  is from my enjoyment for the american drama.

nothing proves that the earth is flat, apart from delusional human eyes!

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 04:51:02 PM »

I keep hearing this

why do you have to assume the world is flat. when their is zero solid evidence for this.
while there is every reason to say that the world is round. (the entire scientific community, pictures from space, satellite's, boats sinking over the horizon ect ect ect.....) you could say that its all a conspiracy but what has a flat earth to go on other than pure speculation.
I could say the earth is in the shape of a pineapple and their is nothing you can say to disprove it.

WAIT! pinapple shaped earth?....... I might be onto something
Im a tractor

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 05:05:03 PM »
I could say the earth is in the shape of a pineapple and their is nothing you can say to disprove it.

Actually, it appears that you've accidentally stumbled on to one of our main points (and I bet you didn't even realize it!).  One can say the Earth is any shape you please, but we observe the Earth to be flat.  So why assume it's something else? 

When you look down at the Earth you don't see a pineapple shape.  You also don't see a sphere.  You see a generally flat plane.  As zetetics we feel it should require extraordinary evidence to overturn what our senses tell us, and we have yet to see it.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »
The whole Red Bull event is a promo stunt, and clearly does not even attempt to make a scientific point. Why RE'ers are holding it up as 'proof' of anything, I don't know.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

dado

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »
The whole Red Bull event is a promo stunt, and clearly does not even attempt to make a scientific point. Why RE'ers are holding it up as 'proof' of anything, I don't know.
because it is...
this is a fairly cheap experiment... you FEs could easily raise funds and have some of you do the jump and see for yourselves that the Earth is in fact round ;)

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »
The video is replete with lens effects that make it all but worthless as recorded evidence, and which, if taken at face value, contradict what should be observed according to RET.

Now, I ask you: if a video shows curvature of the Earth that is not predicted by either FET or RET, how can it possibly serve as evidence for or against one or the other?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

dado

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 05:32:04 PM »
The video is replete with lens effects that make it all but worthless as recorded evidence, and which, if taken at face value, contradict what should be observed according to RET.

Now, I ask you: if a video shows curvature of the Earth that is not predicted by either FET or RET, how can it possibly serve as evidence for or against one or the other?
just do the jump...

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »
I see, no answer.

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 01:56:16 AM »
I see, no answer.

the curve is too important to be caused only by the lense, if it was that big, it would impact also a lot on the image of baumgartner and his capsule which is not the case. obvious optics!

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 06:57:39 PM »
It clearly impacts on parts of his capsule! Look at the junk floating around the fringes.

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 12:44:35 AM »
not as much as it should.

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 09:10:04 AM »
because it is...
this is a fairly cheap experiment... you FEs could easily raise funds and have some of you do the jump and see for yourselves that the Earth is in fact round ;)

>$600,000 and years of training are not cheap.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »
not as much as it should.

Substantiate?

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 10:58:10 AM »
take this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/oct/15/felix-baumgartner-skydive-youtube

we all agree there is a distorsion. what i say is that the distorsion of the capsule and of felix isn't that huge compared to the supposed huge distorsion of the horizon.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 11:05:52 AM »
I know what you're saying. I'm asking you to substantiate what you're saying. He's in the middle, which is why he is distorted less. The capsule, for example, is quite clearly more distorted than he is.

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 11:12:17 AM »
you take the picture on the site, you process it on a image software and you'll know then the result

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2012, 11:12:58 AM »
Uh, how about you do it?

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »
i have no doubts that the photo is genuine, that the horizon is curved and that the earth is round.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »
And I have no doubts that the photo is distorted, and that as such it is not evidence of anything. You're the one claiming that the distortion is not significant and that the photo is therefore valid evidence despite that distortion, which is a positive claim that you need to substantiate.