Why Lunar Life is Mycetoid and How it Strengthens Hurricanes

• 14 Replies

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Why Lunar Life is Mycetoid and How it Strengthens Hurricanes
« on: October 13, 2012, 12:50:31 PM »
As we all agree, lunar cycles strengthen the power of hurricanes.  Even round-earth scientists have to begrudgingly admit this.  While they say that the moon is spinning around the earth, the truth is that the moon is inhabited by bioluminescent life forms.  In the past, many have debated whether the the life was bacterial, crestation-like, or mycetoid.  Now, I am not denying the possibility of all three, or any combination there of, but I believe that the majority of the the lunar life is fungal in nature and the phases that we see cross the moon is the fungus's spore cycle.

How do I know this you ask?  Well, it's in relation to the hurricanes that I mentioned earlier.  The new moon, when it's hardly visible, is the meiosis phase of the fungus's spore cycle when the fungus releases it's spores to create new baby fungus.  This is when the moon is at its darkest and little or no fungus is glowing.  Along with the spores that the fungus release, is nutrients that help nourish the future fungus.  The majority of the spores settle on the lunar surface and grow, but I believe that some of these spores and nutrients escape the lunar surface, fall to earth, and help fuel terrestrial hurricanes.

The moon is a different environment than the earth, so sadly, none of the spores take hold and grow here.  But the spores and nutrients help fuel hurricanes by providing extra cloud condensation nuclei as well as feeding terrestrial condensation nuclei.  The remaining nutrients fall to the ground and feed fungus in the wake of hurricanes.  This is why scientists find an unusual number of fungus growing in hurricane wakes.

I plan to test this by leaving tape outside and trying to collect spores for further study.

Re: Why Lunar Life is Mycetoid and How it Strengthens Hurricanes
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 03:26:37 PM »
I plan to test this by leaving tape outside and trying to collect spores for further study.

There are an aweful lot of assumptions in place there and I'm not going to take the time to go over them since each would deserve its own post for purposes of keeping each items focused.

But this last one I'm curious about.

How would you be able to target the spores of interest and more importantly, how will you be able analyze the film collected on the tape to determine that you have your spiecies of interest?

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »
I know this is nothing new, but why do you believe that moonlight is caused by light emitting lifeforms? Do you have any reasons other than vague claims that other people have communicated with them or otherwise studied them somehow?

Moonlight is estimated to produce about 1 mW per square meter (http://www.ehow.com/about_5723836_moonlight-enough-power-solar-panels_.html). According to the diameter of the known earth as given in the FAQ, FET, the known earth has a surface area of 1261227972 square kilometers. The moon is visible to half of this region. Let's say that the 1 mW number was for a full moon, and therefore the average would be this number divided by two. That'd still mean 315 GW of power, all coming from a thin layer of life sitting on one quarter of the surface area of a tiny 32 mile rock, only about 521 square kilometers.

For comparison, some googling shows that a firefly emits about 40 uW of power when it flashes you (which is of course far from continuously). So the moon life would be like 7875000000000000 fireflies flashing you simultaneously. That's an awful lot of firefly equivalents hanging around that little rock, and unlike fireflies they don't have the advantage of having an entire earthly ecosystem to sustain them. Do the poor bastards even have the sun to feed them, because it's always so far away from the moon in FET?

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:01:27 PM »
Not worth going down that road unless you want to make a few separate threads Random.

A) FErs say that things like the moon and stars are "closer" to earth than RErs calculate.  I have yet to get an actual answer of how close, but because of this they can argue that it takes less light intensity than an REr would estimate, because they never disclose how close the moon is supposed to be we can't call them out on it.

B) FErs will say you don't actually know how big the moon is because all astrologers and NASA and methods of measuring such things are balony.

C) Because an FEr believes there is life on the moon that emits light and all evidence an REr would bring up to the contrary is part of "the conspiracy" there is nothing you can say that will dismiss the possibility that there is in fact 787500000000000000 fireflies worth of light emitting organisms on the moon.

AKA because the FEr philosphy on this is full of intangibles but is more or less believed on faith you can't logically argue about it and expect to make headway (for the most part).

Having said that, I've run quite a few bilogical experiments, (go figure, my forte is bioreactors) and so I understand the dificulties involved in being able to analyze a clean sample, let alone a dirty one in an uncontrolled environment (such as tape outside).

Needless to say, this leaves me very curious as to Pongo's plans for running analysis on the tape for spores etc.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 11:15:28 PM »
I've given how much moonlight powers the earth. It doesn't matter what distance the moon is from the earth - what I gave assumes 100% of it reaches. So your points A and B are immaterial (and trust me, I've lurked enough to know these things). That said, FEers are generally in pretty good agreement on the moon being 32 miles in diameter and 3000 miles from the surface of the earth, these aren't really big unknowns in their arguments.

The interesting thing with your point C is that some of the more hardcore FET supporters like Tom Bishop (or Irush if you want to go with pseudo supporters) don't actually believe in moon shrimp. So that means I can bring up posts like this without them giving me a headache - hell, they might even join in. To address your point more specifically, I've never heard of a conspiracy to directly deny the existence of moonshrimp; not everything in the FE belief system depends on a conspiracy. A lot of them really just believe the conspiracy is with respect to space travel.

What really confuses me is why such a convoluted idea that seems so contrary to many things we observe both on earth and on the moon is favored at all. I'd expect Pongo to go for a path of lower resistance on this one, so I am genuinely curious why he believes in this.

Oh, and you'd do well not to confuse astrology and astronomy, that sort of mistake is giving easy ammo to the obnoxious "victory for FE" folks >_>

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 11:48:47 PM »
I stand corrected on multiple points then, and I'll try not to be lazy on the distinction between astronomy etc. in the future.  ;)

So Random, how far are the stars away from us by the typical FEr setup?

And where did the concept of light emitting organisms on the moon originate from anyway, it seems like a darn tough sell to push at someone?

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:52:50 PM »
I stand corrected on multiple points then, and I'll try not to be lazy on the distinction between astronomy etc. in the future.  ;)

Good to hear :D

So Random, how far are the stars away from us by the typical FEr setup?

3100 miles, just a little bit farther than the sun and moon.

And where did the concept of light emitting organisms on the moon originate from anyway, it seems like a darn tough sell to push at someone?

I have absolutely no idea, hence why I'm so curious. All I've heard is stuff about people telepathically communicating with them, gaining understanding of them through meditation, or knowing a bee keeper in Saudi Arabia who has seen them.

However, the only other attempt I've seen to explain the phases of the moon involved the moon moving up and down in the sky but constantly shrinking and enlarging (due to some aspect of it fighting against the UA..), hence maintaining the same apparent size -_-

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 03:38:51 AM »
As we all agree, lunar cycles strengthen the power of hurricanes.  Even round-earth scientists have to begrudgingly admit this.  While they say that the moon is spinning around the earth, the truth is that the moon is inhabited by bioluminescent life forms.  In the past, many have debated whether the the life was bacterial, crestation-like, or mycetoid.  Now, I am not denying the possibility of all three, or any combination there of, but I believe that the majority of the the lunar life is fungal in nature and the phases that we see cross the moon is the fungus's spore cycle.

How do I know this you ask?  Well, it's in relation to the hurricanes that I mentioned earlier.  The new moon, when it's hardly visible, is the meiosis phase of the fungus's spore cycle when the fungus releases it's spores to create new baby fungus.  This is when the moon is at its darkest and little or no fungus is glowing.  Along with the spores that the fungus release, is nutrients that help nourish the future fungus.  The majority of the spores settle on the lunar surface and grow, but I believe that some of these spores and nutrients escape the lunar surface, fall to earth, and help fuel terrestrial hurricanes.

The moon is a different environment than the earth, so sadly, none of the spores take hold and grow here.  But the spores and nutrients help fuel hurricanes by providing extra cloud condensation nuclei as well as feeding terrestrial condensation nuclei.  The remaining nutrients fall to the ground and feed fungus in the wake of hurricanes.  This is why scientists find an unusual number of fungus growing in hurricane wakes.

Do you think it's the fungi light that causes moon sickness, or do you expect a different moon creature to be responsible for this (e.g. moon shrimp or something else entirely?)
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 12:17:19 PM »
...,  but I believe that some of these spores and nutrients escape the lunar surface, fall to earth, and help fuel terrestrial hurricanes.

In what way would this affect hurricanes?

"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 10:46:02 PM »
...,  but I believe that some of these spores and nutrients escape the lunar surface, fall to earth, and help fuel terrestrial hurricanes.

In what way would this affect hurricanes?

He covered that, he believes the spores would work to effectively trigger cloud seeding though I've never recalled reading about evidence to support strengthening of weather systems by this.  Sure, it makes them dump their water, but I have yet to read a study that concludes much beyond this.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 11:10:19 PM »
Every indication has been that cloud seeding weakens storm systems, including hurricanes. Why/how would these spores strengthen hurricanes?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 11:57:02 PM »
Every indication has been that cloud seeding weakens storm systems, including hurricanes. Why/how would these spores strengthen hurricanes?

Ski...while that's a great question...I'm still waiting to have my very first question answered and I'd appreciate it if you and random can hold your horses for a moment while we all wait for Pongo to get back to us on this, otherwise we'll have 6 separate discussions rolling at once

Pongo, remember, I asked my question first, and everyone knows that dibs count on web forums aside from just being polite and logical to answer questions in a first come first serve basis.

...just so we're perfectly clear...since body language and intonation don't transmit so well...I was trying to be funny.  And Beorn if you read this and were thinking of responding that I'm not I'd like you to know that my 2 year old thinks I'm hysterical and therefore you should too.  Read into that what you may.   ;D

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 02:58:16 AM »
And Beorn if you read this and were thinking of responding that I'm not I'd like you to know that my 2 year old thinks I'm hysterical and therefore you should too.  Read into that what you may.   ;D

I feel so insulted.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 03:04:21 AM »
And Beorn if you read this and were thinking of responding that I'm not I'd like you to know that my 2 year old thinks I'm hysterical and therefore you should too.  Read into that what you may.   ;D

I feel so insulted.

You are just soooo not a cup half full type are you?   :'(

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 11:56:53 PM »
Yes, these are good questions.

Ski: Seeding clouds will hurt a hurricanes momentum. This is a fact, but it will strengthen it's destructive force by providing more rain on top of the storm surge.

Solmyre: What exactly are you asking? Can you break it down to specific questions?