• 8 Replies

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
I like coal!
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:23:07 PM »
I bet you do, Gov. Romney!

http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/108140/coal-miners-donor-mitt-romney-benefactor?page=0,0

Citizens United was all about making sure corporations have freedom of speech. What if a corporate Super PAC pretty much forces its employees to contribute?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
Re: I like coal!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 05:17:42 AM »
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

EnigmaZV

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 02:18:50 PM »
Or when they say your job is on the line if you vote Obama http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/10/9/westgate_resorts_ceo.html

The takeaway I got from that article, is that personal taxes should be much higher, to incentivize the CEO to take a lower salary and leave more money in the business, so it can grow and employ more people, which is what he really wants.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 12:41:41 AM »
Why would that be what he really wants?
you can't spell planet without plane. or net... 8)

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 06:23:14 AM »
From the article in the OP --

The ads aired even after Ohio papers reported what I was told by several miners at the event, a bit of news that an internal memo confirms: The crowd was not there of its own accord. Murray had suspended Century’s operations and made clear to workers that they were expected to attend, without pay. “I tell ya, you’ve got a great boss,” Romney said in acknowledging Robert Murray from the stage. “He runs a great operation here.”

This is false. The coal miners weren't forced to attend Romney's event.

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">TV Ad: Why Would YOu Lie?

The full statement by the coal miners is #ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">here.

"Coal miners tell Obama to stop the absolute lies in TV ad accusing miners of being props at rally for Romney. Miners held a press conference to release a letter signed by over 500 miners saying they were not forced to attend Romney event. They wanted to attend because their is a war on coal and Obama is leading it. If Obama is re-elected he will put us all out of work permanently."

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:29:20 AM by Tom Bishop »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 06:31:40 AM »
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:36:54 AM by Tom Bishop »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 06:33:22 AM »
I'm sure they came up with the "war on coal" all by themselves, and they weren't compelled to make that statement.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 07:25:31 AM »
I'm sure they came up with the "war on coal" all by themselves, and they weren't compelled to make that statement.

There is a war on coal. Obama has made statements that he will bankrupt the coal industry. He is trying to kill coal and invest in green energy. The problem is that all of Obama's investments into green energy are going belly up with billions in tax payer money lost, leaving America more energy dependent than ever before.

We have a bad president and bad policies. I can't believe there are people who want to keep this failed administration in office.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 08:02:13 AM »
The problem is that your "Tom Bishop" character pretends to believe everything on Fox News. This makes it difficult to have a real discussion without feeling like I'm taking the bait. BUT... this is something I enjoy discussing, so wtf to do?

http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/04/debating-the-facts-on-green-energy/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/wp/2012/10/04/a-closer-look-at-obamas-90-billion-for-clean-energy/