Re: 5 Albums for your deserted island demise
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 02:19:14 PM »
Ah, AC/DC and Thunder, I like them. :(

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 02:34:55 PM »
Also Nomad picked 3 albums from the same band. Not even a very good band. In a few months you wouldn't be so into them and 3 of your albums got used on something that you will tire of.

Well those three albums are practically solely the only thing I've listened to for the last three years so I don't see much danger in getting tired of them.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Thork

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 02:50:34 PM »
Why would you want to listen to the same 3 albums soley for the last 3 years? That's not a taste in music. That's a form of OCD.

Actually the internet tells me its common in people with ADHD and ASD too. Especially ASD as suffers easily become fixated on something they enjoy, and can stay glued to it for hours. People with ASD tend to like routine, familiarity, and comforting repetition. Playing a song you like repeatedly gives you predictable sensations - the opposite of sensory overload.

You're ill. :(
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:57:22 PM by Thork »

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 04:09:03 PM »
You're one to talk, Thork, seeing as you apparently don't have any taste in music whatsoever.

?

Thork

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2012, 04:21:53 PM »
I am
a) not worried enough about other people's opinions to actually post my preferences
b) more than 14 y/o and so have a varied taste
c) not in the slightest concerned if you don't share my taste in music.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2012, 04:32:08 PM »

Tuning in on a rock station on your way to work is not "varied taste".

?

Eric Byrnes

• GIT SOM
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »
I thought about making fun of you for Fall Out Boy, but they actually have a few decent songs.  Instead I'm going to make fun of you for Metallica S&M.  Fucking really?

(also now I have to listen to Styx, thanks bro)

Why are you mad about S&M? It is a great album.
People annoy me

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2012, 09:47:38 PM »
Why would you want to listen to the same 3 albums soley for the last 3 years? That's not a taste in music. That's a form of OCD.

Actually the internet tells me its common in people with ADHD and ASD too. Especially ASD as suffers easily become fixated on something they enjoy, and can stay glued to it for hours. People with ASD tend to like routine, familiarity, and comforting repetition. Playing a song you like repeatedly gives you predictable sensations - the opposite of sensory overload.

You're ill. :(

Oh th*rk.

I did say "practically." I've listened to lots of other stuff during that time span, I just keep going back to Opeth after I get bored with the others. 
I thought about making fun of you for Fall Out Boy, but they actually have a few decent songs.  Instead I'm going to make fun of you for Metallica S&M.  Fucking really?

(also now I have to listen to Styx, thanks bro)

Why are you mad about S&M? It is a great album.

If you want symphonic metal, listen to symphonic metal.  Cheap thrash with symphony tacked on isn't "great" by any means.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 11:26:15 PM »
It took me a while to whittle this down, and I'm still not fully satisfied with my selections, but I decided to go with two vastly different albums I was heavily into during my formative years that have never gotten old, two more recent albums that I keep going back to, and one obligatory (what can I say, it just makes sense to include) classical album.

Master of Puppets by Metallica
Piano Man by Billy Joel
Congratulations by MGMT
Bromst by Dan Deacon
Beethoven's Symphony No 7, performed by the New York Philharmonic, conducted by Leonard Bernstein
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

EnigmaZV

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 06:55:44 AM »
You're one to talk, Thork, seeing as you apparently don't have any taste in music whatsoever.

I like Thork's choices.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 06:27:44 PM »

I'm not insulting your taste in music, but you consider that varied? ???
Recently listened to:

?

Thork

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2012, 02:06:27 AM »

I'm not insulting your taste in music, but you consider that varied? ???
My list would be totally different today. As I said, at the time I was in the mood for that kind of music. Right now I'm listening to Classic FM ... because I'm old. I also really like 80's pop music.

Things I don't like.
Jazz ... with a burning passion. Its the music of satan.
Rap ... talking is not a talent.
Anything auto-tuned/manufactured by the likes of Simon Cowell.
Dub-step.
Anything Opera where the woman has a shrill voice that can break glass.
Anything heavy/thrash metal where the male lead singer is trying to growl like monster.

I like most other stuff. Maybe not whiny emo stuff, but most other stuff.

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2012, 05:21:00 AM »
Right now I'm listening to Classic FM

Wow, so your music "taste" really is based on what station you listen to on your way to work.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2012, 05:33:49 AM »

I'm sure you could do it too.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
Anything heavy/thrash metal where the male lead singer is trying to growl like monster.

Okay, guys.  We've got to be cool.  We've got to be badass.  Being loud is cool.  Turn up the amplifiers to make it as loud as you can.  Especially on the bass.  Can't get enough bass.  Being angry is also cool, so we've got to be angry.  Everyone make sure your chords are harsh and abrupt, so we'll sound angry.  Keep that in mind for the vocals.  Don't sing the lyrics, just snarl them on the verses, and scream them on the chorus.  And make sure you imitate James Hetfield's voice as well.  Don't worry, nobody will notice.  As for the lyrics, they need to be angsty and angry.  We'll sound so cool and rebellious.  Swearing is cool too, so throw a lot of random swearwords in there.  God, we are such edgy badasses.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2012, 01:09:15 PM »

Rapping well is difficult. Trust me, I love rap and there are still songs I can't rap. If it's so easy, I would like you to rap #" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">the first verse of this song. Even on simpler, slower songs you need to take into account the flow, the rhyme and the rhyme patterns, manage to keep in sync perfectly when going double or triple time like Eminem does a lot, having rhymes within rhymes and making sure it all has a coherent structure.
Recently listened to:

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2012, 01:16:24 PM »
Rapping can take talent, but that doesn't necessarily make it good.  There is some decent rap/hip-hop out there though.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Thork

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2012, 01:26:37 PM »

Rapping well is difficult. Trust me, I love rap and there are still songs I can't rap. If it's so easy, I would like you to rap #" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">the first verse of this song. Even on simpler, slower songs you need to take into account the flow, the rhyme and the rhyme patterns, manage to keep in sync perfectly when going double or triple time like Eminem does a lot, having rhymes within rhymes and making sure it all has a coherent structure.
Anyone can rap with practice. Its not a talent. Not everyone can sing. And did I not mention it doesn't sound like music, because no attempt is made to make ones voice follow the melody? A rapper's voice ONLY follows the rhythm. Its half the job, and frankly it sounds terrible.

Not to mention that 90% of all rap is about gangs, drugs, bling and women with big ars*s. Its boring.

Additional: I just listened to that link you posted. I can't understand a word he is saying. So even the message got lost and I'm not about to listen to it 30 times to decipher his Neanderthallic opinions on drugs, gangs, bling and women with fat are*s.  And he sounds like absolutely every other rapper out there. He sounds retarted!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 01:34:50 PM by Thork »

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »

Anyone can rap with practice. Its not a talent. Not everyone can sing. And did I not mention it doesn't sound like music, because no attempt is made to make ones voice follow the melody? A rapper's voice ONLY follows the rhythm. Its half the job, and frankly it sounds terrible.

Not to mention that 90% of all rap is about gangs, drugs, bling and women with big ars*s. Its boring.

You can learn how to sing too. And 99% of all songs is about love. It's boring.

?

Thork

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
That rapper could be anyone. They all sound the same. Rap has been done to death. Its not clever, its just trying to talk fast. The b*tches on Maury do that when its revealed who they've been sleeping with.

?

Thork

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »
Quote from: Supertails rapper first verse
V1 TONEDEFF
Can you feel speed coming? /
The beats humming, you need something to keep your knees buckling/
Keep frontin, youll be duckin from these hunting obese gunmen/
Airing out these fuckin MCs puffin, so breath some in/
See, Each one of my words is just stunningly stern/
And its funny you learn through action not example thats exactly why I have to smack you/
Learn that (smack, smack), Learn it again (smack) got it now?/
Didnt ya know that tonedeff can flow fast enough to mow sonic down/
Well, Im on it shower your senses, power defenses up, If you dont wanna get offended/
Or else it death and a negative attendance in the census, When I render you senseless,/
Im the veteran that was sent with a vengeance, thats leaving you with a set of bent wrists
And a dented cleft chin, left with a horsejaw prolly gonna need a veterinarian or a dentist/
Better get a move on, call U-Hall and troop on to Sioux Falls with Blue Balls,
You all really think youre ill until were just sharing the bill with you all and were too raw
Whos stalling? Cause I done never held it back man. Step or take your last stand, while we enact raps to packed jams/
Idiot niggas, figure theyre quicker till the maniac is leaving them with one shoulder missing like its Flashdance/
Cant stand these motherfuckers that cant rap, tonedeff & Stan instrumental like Sam Ash/
Fuck a bitch until her pussy cat naps/
Yall niggas are Pretty In Pink and you been chillin with the Brat Pack/
Fact is, our stats kick your ass bitch, youre too average to consider surpassing/
The task is tedious, really, this beat is just feeding me/
You thought Gonzalez was Speedy!
So even if I waste a day trying to work out what he's saying, it turns out he's a dribbling idiot.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »
Thork makes me chuckle.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2012, 05:16:46 PM »
That rapper could be anyone. They all sound the same.

Then how come it's so easy to tell them apart. ??? Give me a rap song I've never heard before and, just based off how they sound (or even just how they rap), I can tell you who it is (assuming I know the artist). Eminem's rapping style is completely different from 50 Cent's whose is completely different from Common's whose is completely different from Lupe Fiasco's whose is completely different from B.o.B.

And I never said the lyrics to the song were good. I said it takes talent to rap it.

To the point about 90% of rap being about those things, like Beorn said, there's not exactly a whole lot of variation in music in general. That's why you just listen to the good stuff. Duh.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">This is poetry.
Recently listened to:

?

Blanko

• Terrorist
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2012, 05:18:28 PM »

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
we didnt start the fire?  :-X :-[

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »
Can't pick just 5 !

Here's my crack at it ...

J.S. Bach        (best of)
Eagles            (Greatest hits or Hotel California)
Marc Anthony   (not the American/ English songs) he's Jo Lo's ex
M. Jackson      (1983-ish)
1 blues album  (Gary Moore or Muddy Waters)

Alternates:

Elton John   (Greatest Hits)
Queen
G.F. Handel
Enya
Tim McGraw

No particular order

You assume I have electricity on this island.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 08:10:56 PM by babsinva »
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2012, 08:17:53 PM »
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

EnigmaZV

I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor