Deep Ravine in Evolution

• 99 Replies

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
Deep Ravine in Evolution
« on: September 28, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
Most of us can agree that fossils have been found and have provided tangible evidence for the variety of life that existed long before man's arrival.  BUT what they have NOT provided or produced evidence for is the expected backing for the evolutionary view of how life BEGAN or how NEW KINDS got started thereafter.

There are major gaps or a gulf between the major divisions of animal life, such as fish for example.  Fish are thought to have evolved from invertebrates and bam, boom fish jump into the fossil record?  Huh?

Evolutionary theory presumes that fish became amphibians; some amphibians became reptiles; from the reptiles came both mammals and birds; and eventually some mammals became men.

Here's the problem though > > >
IT was the backbone that distinguished the fish from the invertebrates, and that very backbone would have had to undergo major modifications for the fish to become an amphibian (for water and land).

* a pelvis would have to be added
* in some amphibians the entire backbone would have to change so much as to be unrecognizable
* skull bones are different
* fish fins must become jointed limbs with wrists and toes (for amphibian formation)
* major alterations in muscles and nerves
* Gills must change to lungs
* In fish there is a 2 chambered heart and in amphibians it is 3 chambered

If evolution was correct, then how is it that there are no fossils showing these changes?  But Boom we have fish !

Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

Rushy

Re: Deep Ravine in Evolution
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »
Did you know that if you disproved Evolution, Creationism is still not a viable option because it has zero evidence? Just a thought.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 08:55:41 PM »
There aren't new types of life being created. And if there ever was a new type, it was likely destroyed by ours. All DNA has the same language, A C G T, which is very strong evidence of a common ancestor for all living things.

Reptiles did not evolve from what you know as amphibians.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 08:57:13 PM »
Did you know that if you disproved Evolution, Creationism is still not a viable option because it has zero evidence? Just a thought.

But the infallible word of God!
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »

If you eliminate the all the possibilities of evolution, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »
There aren't new types of life being created. And if there ever was a new type, it was likely destroyed by ours. All DNA has the same language, A C G T, which is very strong evidence of a common ancestor for all living things.

There are no intermediate forms in the fossil records, because there are NO intermediate forms period.  Bam fish!
Quote from Big Giant Head:  "Considered fictitious or phantom does not quantify its non-existence."

Quote from Soze:  "We cannot escape perception, but we can't assume reality doesn't exist outside of perception."

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »
This is akin to me making this argument:

Sea turtles evolved from gophers. There are no transitional forms between the two, therefore evolution is false!!!

The error is in my erroneous assumption that turtles evolved from gophers.

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »

There are no intermediate forms in the fossil records, because there are NO intermediate forms period.  Bam fish!

Every form is intermediate.

babsinva

• aka Mr. Fahrenheit
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 09:20:40 PM »

Sea turtles evolved from gophers. There are no transitional forms between the two, therefore evolution is false!!!

There are no intermediate forms showing changes in which animals evolved.  No fossils have been found.  We see a fossil and we see a fossil of another animal and there is no link.  Simply put we do not have a common ancestor because of DNA.  The DNA arguement falls flat.

Now you guys can argue that for ahwile, I'm going to bed it's after midnight here.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »

If you eliminate the all the possibilities of evolution, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

That's true, but you're prematurely conflating creationism and "whatever remains."  There are more theories to disprove than just evolution before we can settle on creationism.  For example, there is my theory that all new species on this planet have been secretly delivered to us by benevolent aliens.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »

Holmes would be disappointed. Evolution and Christian creationism are not the only two possibilities.

Rushy

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »
Anyone who thinks they have found a magical piece of evidence that biologists missed is deluding themselves. I see arguments against evolution a lot and they all stem from a basic misunderstanding of what evolution is. The Pope recognized evolution a long time ago, I'm not sure why other religions are having such a hard time following suit.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 09:34:25 PM »
Hi babs.  There are MANY transitional fossilized skeletons found for many different families of animal (including Humans).  Here's some of the problems with your argument, in easy to digest bullet format:

* You misunderstand what constitutes a transitional feature.
* You are ignoring the large number of fossils found.
* You are denying what the transitions those fossils represent.
* You are creating an expectation of accuracy far beyond what is necessary to illustrate transition.
* You are dismissing definitive examples of transitional forms, focusing on the ones that remain undiscovered.
* Your argument essentially moves the hypothetical goalposts every time a "gap" is filled, as each discovery of a transitional form creates two new gaps.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 09:45:16 PM »

There are no intermediate forms showing changes in which animals evolved.  No fossils have been found.  We see a fossil and we see a fossil of another animal and there is no link.  Simply put we do not have a common ancestor because of DNA.  The DNA arguement falls flat.

Now you guys can argue that for ahwile, I'm going to bed it's after midnight here.

I don't even know if I have the energy to do this anymore. Go stick your head in the sand for all I care. Ignoring facts and regurgitating lies is not a show of faith. It's stupidity. If you took the time to actually learn just the basic principals (I know, you think you're the Mr. Wizard of evolution) you would feel so ashamed of how painfully ignorant you look.

I dunno, maybe I'll be in a better mood tomorrow but why would I waste my time trying to educate you? You'll never listen.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 04:09:28 AM »
I should've known that your evidence is just a pile of misconception of evolution. I retract my question for scientific proof.

I really wish they would (correctly) teach evolution in school.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 04:13:03 AM by Beorn »
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 06:40:45 AM »
Why is it so hard to understand why some fossils didn't survive billions of years? Or that every fossil is transitional? Or that the processes of evolution don't change a fish to a frog in the fishes lifetime?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »
Most of us can agree that fossils have been found and have provided tangible evidence for the variety of life that existed long before man's arrival.  BUT what they have NOT provided or produced evidence for is the expected backing for the evolutionary view of how life BEGAN or how NEW KINDS got started thereafter.

There are major gaps or a gulf between the major divisions of animal life, such as fish for example.  Fish are thought to have evolved from invertebrates and bam, boom fish jump into the fossil record?  Huh?

Evolutionary theory presumes that fish became amphibians; some amphibians became reptiles; from the reptiles came both mammals and birds; and eventually some mammals became men.

IT was the backbone that distinguished the fish from the invertebrates, and that very backbone would have had to undergo major modifications for the fish to become an amphibian (for water and land).

* in some amphibians the entire backbone would have to change so much as to be unrecognizable
* fish fins must become jointed limbs with wrists and toes (for amphibian formation)

If evolution was correct, then how is it that there are no fossils showing these changes?  But Boom we have fish !
There are fossils showing most of those changes actually.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »

Or not at all.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 09:09:26 PM »
It kind of worries me that you're going to be the one teaching your kids about evolution.
Recently listened to:

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 01:19:15 AM »
It kind of worries me that you're going to be the one teaching your kids about evolution.

Leave America and stop worrying. I have never encountered someone who thought evolution to be false, and I had a Catholic education.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 10:00:04 AM »

Because not every bone fossilizes. In fact most bones don't fossilize. In fact almost nothing fossilizes. There is also a huge bias when it comes to the fossilization process. Certain areas generate fossils much better. Large hard things tend to fossilize really well while soft things tend to do so rather poorly. Etc Etc. This means that animals that live in the right place, are the right size, and have the right types of bones will become the majority of fossils while most animals (entire species even) will never leave a single fossil on the earth.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 10:02:30 AM »

Or not at all.

Coming from someone that has demonstrated over and over that they were never properly taught the theory. Either that or you just never quite grasped it.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 01:39:11 PM »
Mutations, randomness and who has sex with who, mixed in with a little natural selection(or maybe not depending on who you talk to). 

Its not hard to grasp.  Now believing in, that's a whole other matter.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 01:40:47 PM »
Mutations, randomness and who has sex with who, mixed in with a little natural selection(or maybe not depending on who you talk to). 

If you think believing comes into it you didn't grasp it.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »

Wardogg, do you not remember the forum coming together to teach you what little you know about evolution in the past few years?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 02:08:11 PM »
Yes, everything I know about evolution I learned from here. 

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »
Evolution is a lie from the pit of Hell.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 02:22:40 PM »
Yes, everything I know about evolution I learned from here.

Clearly you didn't learn enough.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 02:35:17 PM »
There are no bad students, only bad teachers.  We are to blame for Wardogg's ignorance.

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 02:55:57 PM »
There are no bad students, only bad teachers.  We are to blame for Wardogg's ignorance.

We myst wear this badge with shame. :(
Recently listened to: