Moon Visibilty.

• 29 Replies
Moon Visibilty.
« on: September 23, 2012, 02:12:13 AM »
I have a question about the moon's visibility. Can I please have a FES explanation as to why the Moon can be visible during the day and the night, and how the Sun is only visible during the day. What role does the "atmolayer" play in this?

Re: Moon Visibilty.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:08:19 AM »
sometimes the moon is visible because of its angle and approximation from the sun.

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 09:16:47 AM »
Can I please have a FES explanation as to why the Moon can be visible during the day and the night, and how the Sun is only visible during the day.
The very definition of night is that the sun is not illuminating the earth and it is dark. The moon is not relevant. If you can see the sun, its light can shine on you. This is an incredibly silly question.

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »
Can I please have a FES explanation as to why the Moon can be visible during the day and the night, and how the Sun is only visible during the day.
The very definition of night is that the sun is not illuminating the earth and it is dark. The moon is not relevant. If you can see the sun, its light can shine on you. This is an incredibly silly question.

This is an incredibly silly answer. Sounds like you don't have one so you completely avoided answering it altogether. My question has nothing to do with night and day. Both objects are 32 mile across, about the same distance from earth right? The sun is so much brighter and warmer yet the moon is visible more often. Funny how you both have 2 completely different answers, yet in RET everyone agrees on the 1 answer.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
I have a question about the moon's visibility. Can I please have a FES explanation as to why the Moon can be visible during the day and the night, and how the Sun is only visible during the day. What role does the "atmolayer" play in this?

A real interesting question is how can you see the moon during the day under the round-earth model? The best answer that can be given is that the sun's light bounces off earth, to the moon, back off that, then into your retina. It's a preposterous explanation, even a child could see this. 

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 08:33:29 PM »

A real interesting question is how can you see the moon during the day under the round-earth model? The best answer that can be given is that the sun's light bounces off earth, to the moon, back off that, then into your retina. It's a preposterous explanation, even a child could see this.

No shit Sherlock. You are missing my point. My question has more to do with the "ATMOLAYER" Apparently it blocks the Sun causing night right? How does it affect the Moon during the day/night as compared to the Sun?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 09:30:10 PM »
Very well, Watson. I believe that the light from the moon comes from biolumenescent lunar life. It has nothing to do with reflection.

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 09:45:58 PM »
Whether day or night you should avoid looking directly at the moon. This is probably the most important practical thing to be learned from FET. The lambent rays of the moon are NOT reflections from the sun but generated directly and are much more dangerous to your body than direct sunlight.   

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 12:36:56 AM »
Whether day or night you should avoid looking directly at the moon. This is probably the most important practical thing to be learned from FET. The lambent rays of the moon are NOT reflections from the sun but generated directly and are much more dangerous to your body than direct sunlight.
That's an extraordinary claim, you will have to prove it

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 06:31:16 AM »
Here is a study on the deleterious effects of the moon.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,34082.0.html#.UGBgCIl5mc0

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 08:47:19 AM »
My understanding is that the moon is the lesser light (it is an independent light source to the sun, not merely a reflector of sunlight) - so as Thork stated, when the sun can be seen, it is by definition day.

When the sun or the moon move away from an observer on the stationary earth, eventually, the horizontal distance is so great that the angle to the observer tends to 0 and the sun/moon will converge to the horizon. As the atmosphere is not 100% transparent, there will come a distance beyond which light from the sun/moon will no longer reach the observer.

The moon does not in any way depend on the sun to give its light, so can be seen during day and night periods, so long as it is not so far from the observer as to have converged with the horizon.

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 03:17:45 PM »
No one has really answered my question at all. I should have known LOL.

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
When the sun or the moon move away from an observer on the stationary earth, eventually, the horizontal distance is so great that the angle to the observer tends to 0 and the sun/moon will converge to the horizon.
When the sun is at 1° above the horizon, a simple trig operation, given that the sun is at 3000 miles altitude, will return that it must be at nearly 172,000 miles distance from the observer (projected down to the horizontal plane). Won't work in the FE model. Here is a list with degrees and distances in miles:
1° = 171869
2° = 85908
5° = 34290
45° = 3000

Changing speed at exponential rates? staying on the circle?

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »
When the sun or the moon move away from an observer on the stationary earth, eventually, the horizontal distance is so great that the angle to the observer tends to 0 and the sun/moon will converge to the horizon.
When the sun is at 1° above the horizon, a simple trig operation, given that the sun is at 3000 miles altitude, will return that it must be at nearly 172,000 miles distance from the observer (projected down to the horizontal plane). Won't work in the FE model. Here is a list with degrees and distances in miles:
1° = 171869
2° = 85908
5° = 34290
45° = 3000

Changing speed at exponential rates? staying on the circle?

You're right. I am missing something, even with the sun altitude given by Parallax of ~700 statute miles (gives a horizontal distance of 2.5million miles). Thanks for your correction.

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 03:04:45 PM »
I know why I didn't ge the answer I wanted. To try and answer would be to expose the "Atmolayer" theory as wrong. How can the Atmolayer allow the Moon to be visible during the day/ night but not the Sun? This has nothing to do with day/ night it's all about the Atmolyer.

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
I think it's been too long for a response so it must be another FE victory.  ;D

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 11:09:34 PM »
I don't believe in FET but I'm pretty sure my imagination works well enough to provide you with an answer.

The sun is not visible during night because it is too far away to be seen.  As it trails off into the sky you'd think it would gradually vanish and/or get less intense in brightness, but in fact, the atmolayer magnifies the size of the sun and the light.

So for the moon.... it's just a whole different species.  There's actually a shadowy figure that covers it slowly as it gets closer and closer to the sun.  So seeing the moon in the day and/or night has nothing to do with not seeing the sun at night.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 06:31:57 AM »
or, moonlight is reflected sunlight.

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
I don't believe in FET but I'm pretty sure my imagination works well enough to provide you with an answer.

The sun is not visible during night because it is too far away to be seen.  As it trails off into the sky you'd think it would gradually vanish and/or get less intense in brightness, but in fact, the atmolayer magnifies the size of the sun and the light.

So for the moon.... it's just a whole different species.  There's actually a shadowy figure that covers it slowly as it gets closer and closer to the sun.  So seeing the moon in the day and/or night has nothing to do with not seeing the sun at night.

Yep, that would be the FET answer, I understand it..........but how is the Sun not visisble at night? The sun is so powerful that it heats and lights the earth, the Moon is not but can be seen during the day/night. The "atmolayer" blocks out all sunlight causing night, right? How does it not block out reflected sunlight to the Moon at any time?

?

Thork

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »

This is an incredibly silly answer. Sounds like you don't have one so you completely avoided answering it altogether. My question has nothing to do with night and day.
Your question has everything to do with night and day.

Why can you only see the sun during the day? you asked. That's because that is the definition of day. When its light. When the sun is visible. When its light shines upon the earth and you can see it and it can see you.
Why can you see the moon at day or night you asked? Answer, because day and night is not dependent on the moon. It doesn't move across the sky with the same period as the sun. Therefore it can be visible during either.

It is a really really stupid question.

I know why I didn't ge the answer I wanted.
That's because you are vain enough to think you asked the most inciteful and clever question ever devised and hoped an entire society would come crashing down due to your wisdom. Sadly it was stupendously stupid to the point I nearly reported you to a moderator for lowering the collective IQ of the entire forum.

Yes, but a hollow one in light of the drivel in the OP.

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 06:43:49 PM »

This is an incredibly silly answer. Sounds like you don't have one so you completely avoided answering it altogether. My question has nothing to do with night and day.
Your question has everything to do with night and day.

Why can you only see the sun during the day? you asked. That's because that is the definition of day. When its light. When the sun is visible. When its light shines upon the earth and you can see it and it can see you.
Why can you see the moon at day or night you asked? Answer, because day and night is not dependent on the moon. It doesn't move across the sky with the same period as the sun. Therefore it can be visible during either.

It is a really really stupid question.

I know why I didn't ge the answer I wanted.
That's because you are vain enough to think you asked the most inciteful and clever question ever devised and hoped an entire society would come crashing down due to your wisdom. Sadly it was stupendously stupid to the point I nearly reported you to a moderator for lowering the collective IQ of the entire forum.

Yes, but a hollow one in light of the drivel in the OP.

This thread has been officially "Thorked". No shit it's day when the sun's out. All you are doing is explaing was "is". You don't  address the "Atmolayer" issue while attempting to insult someones intelligence. Luv ya work Thorky.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:53:43 PM by Battery72 »

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
The atmolayer's role is pretty self-explanatory, and yes Thork did adequately answer the question.  When the sun is visible (day) it is not beyond the distance where the atmolayer obscures it.  When it isn't visible (night), it is.  When the moon is visible (sometimes day, sometimes night) it is not beyond the distance where the atmolayer obscures it, and when it isn't visible (again, sometimes day, sometimes night) it is beyond it.  What is it you're having trouble understanding?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2012, 04:26:25 PM »
The atmolayer's role is pretty self-explanatory, and yes Thork did adequately answer the question.  When the sun is visible (day) it is not beyond the distance where the atmolayer obscures it.  When it isn't visible (night), it is.  When the moon is visible (sometimes day, sometimes night) it is not beyond the distance where the atmolayer obscures it, and when it isn't visible (again, sometimes day, sometimes night) it is beyond it.  What is it you're having trouble understanding?

Finally someone that understands my question, Thank-you. Of course I disagree though  ;D
From a technical point of view, how does this actually happen if they are always the same distance from earth?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2012, 06:47:22 PM »

Finally someone that understands my question, Thank-you. Of course I disagree though  ;D
From a technical point of view, how does this actually happen if they are always the same distance from earth?

They move at different speeds.  Also, I do not believe they're exactly the same distance from the Earth.  Obviously the moon is closer.

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 04:00:27 PM »

They move at different speeds.  Also, I do not believe they're exactly the same distance from the Earth.  Obviously the moon is closer.

whpah! thanks for the overwhelming data here!

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 04:26:12 PM »

whpah! thanks for the overwhelming data here!

I was giving a simple answer to a simple question.  In the future, please have some real content in mind before responding to a post.

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2012, 04:40:03 PM »
i was also looking for data on this wedsite and there's nothing much. a pinpoint compared to googleplex data of round earth

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 04:58:28 PM »
i was also looking for data on this wedsite and there's nothing much. a pinpoint compared to googleplex data of round earth

Here is the Flat Earth Wiki: http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Here is a link to Earth Not a Globe, the seminal work on which modern FET is grounded: http://www.sacred-texts.com/earth/za/index.htm

I also invite you to read the FAQ, of course, and familiarize yourself with the rules.

Now, in the future, if you have any questions, instead of necroing a dead thread with an inane comment, please feel free to join an active thread or start a new one.  It doesn't take a genius to figure this website out so you shouldn't have a problem.

Also, welcome to FES and enjoy your time here.

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »
How come people who join here flaming get these nice warm welcomes? I usually just get ignored :<

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 08:39:42 PM »
How come people who join here flaming get these nice warm welcomes? I usually just get ignored :<

We try to give our attention to those who need it most. Now, let's either keep thing on-topic or let this thread be.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord