am not a n00b. u r n00beus 2 teh maximus

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Re: lost : the best tv show in the history of mankind
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 04:40:47 PM »
Quote from: "MR EKO"
do you watch lost?

Yes, although I didn't start watching it until after the second season ended, so I've had to rent it all on DVD. I still haven't finished the second season yet, so I had to tape the premier. Hopefully I can catch up before next week.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

?

Rossk #5!!

• I beat LoZ: TP! YAY!
lost : the best tv show in the history of mankind
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 07:06:44 PM »
LOST is the best show ever.
the earth is a friggin sphere.

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 09:38:23 AM »
Quote from: "Rossk #5!!"
LOST is the best show ever.

i agree. its so fucking good

?

mjk

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2006, 12:29:31 AM »
LOST- the story so far

OMG lolz we survived an impossible plane crash and have been stuck on an island and lots of weird shit keeps happening and we're stuck on an island and theres other weird people here and WE'RE STILL STUCK ON THE SAME FUCKING ISLAND!!!!!

........yay...........best show ever........totally.

gilligans island was better than lost.
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 03:10:47 AM »
Quote from: "mjk"
LOST- the story so far

OMG lolz we survived an impossible plane crash and have been stuck on an island and lots of weird shit keeps happening and we're stuck on an island and theres other weird people here and WE'RE STILL STUCK ON THE SAME FUCKING ISLAND!!!!!

theres more to it than that. your forgetting the different crazy mysterys like the darma initiative and the wierd hatches ( and by the way, i think you underestimate the size of the island ). also, what did everyone think to the first episode to the third series the other night? i for one thought it was insanely good.

?

cadmium_blimp

• funny, you thought I'd convert, didn't you?
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 06:22:22 AM »
LOST- the story so far

Seriously made me LOL.

Quote from: Commander Taggart
Never give up, never surrender!

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 01:11:37 PM »
Ok, I watch BSG. It is indeed currently the best show on TV, and i'm not the only one that thinks that. many newpapers and TV guide call it everything from the best drama to the best scifi show on TV.  It only takes one episode to get you hooked.

Lost however, is a pile of crap. My roommate last year watched it and forced me to sit through a few episodes. It was just stupid and hard to follow imho. it's over-acted and over-dramatic. It's like a soap opera. many other papers and critics feel the same way.

The new season of battlestar started this past friday, 4tw.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2006, 02:23:30 PM »
I guess I may try watching BSG some time.  I watched the minimovie when it first came out, and I fell asleep, so I don't have very high prospects for the series.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2006, 03:48:08 PM »
I <3 Lost

?

cadmium_blimp

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2006, 09:20:04 PM »
Quote from: "thedigitalnomad"
I guess I may try watching BSG some time.  I watched the minimovie when it first came out, and I fell asleep, so I don't have very high prospects for the series.

I'd suggest starting out with "33," which was the first episode after the miniseries.  You shouldn't fall asleep with that one.

?

mjk

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 12:03:23 AM »
Quote from: "cadmium_blimp"

I'd suggest starting out with "33," which was the first episode after the miniseries.  You shouldn't fall asleep with that one.

not that i've seen BSG but i'd suspect FireFly is better.  unforunatly theres only 9 episodes  :(
quote="diegodraw"]you never mentioned anything about antagonizing naive idiots who have reason to believe they should defend what everyone already knows is logical....Not like anybody would ever have fun doing that, of course[/quote]

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 01:00:33 AM »
Bah. I'm disgusted with all the latest television shows. They all bore me. The problem with Lost as well as this huge wave of TV Dramas that just sprouted up last season is that sometime they MUST END. If those guys never figure out about the island and they NEVER get off, that's just BORING. And, honestly, I'm not going to wait five seasons of random blunders and crap before the thing finally ends, about twenty hours further than it should.
Same thing with Prisonbreak. If the guy's never actually going to make his plan WORK, why should I bother watching?

I guess I'm more partial to movies or non-continual TV shows. I NEED conclusion, otherwise I just get flustered with it. Not to mention, I often have wacky schedules that don't coincide with TV-viewing, meaning I really can't have a religious TV schedule (I could always record it on my Digital Video Recorder, but then I end up forgetting it's on there in the first place).

~D-Draw

?

cadmium_blimp

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 07:19:13 AM »

not that i've seen BSG but i'd suspect FireFly is better.  unforunatly theres only 9 episodes  :(

BSG and Firefly are very different and both very good.

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2006, 07:39:58 AM »
I'm a huge Firefly fan, but hands-down BSG is the superior show.
the cake is a lie

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2006, 08:58:27 AM »
i love lost the most, but i also like 24.

?

cadmium_blimp

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2006, 11:45:40 AM »
24 is interesting, but it is in a time slot where I just can't get into it.  Same goes for Dr. Who, even though it is on at the same time as one of the Stargate shows.

?

mjk

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2006, 12:16:32 AM »
24 is meant t be real time, yet they never eat, sleep or go to the toilet.  or is that what the ad breaks are for? :lol:

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2006, 02:58:46 PM »
You know, Ive wondered the same thing, those ppl must stink like hell by the end of the day.
he man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Advocatus Diaboli

?

Quamen

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2006, 03:03:32 AM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"
Bah. I'm disgusted with all the latest television shows. They all bore me. The problem with Lost as well as this huge wave of TV Dramas that just sprouted up last season is that sometime they MUST END. If those guys never figure out about the island and they NEVER get off, that's just BORING. And, honestly, I'm not going to wait five seasons of random blunders and crap before the thing finally ends, about twenty hours further than it should.
Same thing with Prisonbreak. If the guy's never actually going to make his plan WORK, why should I bother watching?

I guess I'm more partial to movies or non-continual TV shows. I NEED conclusion, otherwise I just get flustered with it. Not to mention, I often have wacky schedules that don't coincide with TV-viewing, meaning I really can't have a religious TV schedule (I could always record it on my Digital Video Recorder, but then I end up forgetting it's on there in the first place).

~D-Draw

Thats the same reason I dont watch Lost,Prisonbreak etc, I enjoy watching shows like Spooks(MI5) and NCIS

?

Ubuntu

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 04:23:09 PM »
24 is interesting, but it is in a time slot where I just can't get into it.  Same goes for Dr. Who, even though it is on at the same time as one of the Stargate shows.

Just ride your Tardis to the correct hour.

?

cadmium_blimp

« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2006, 08:52:05 AM »
Nah, I'll just watch it and eleven p.m.

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2006, 07:28:26 PM »
sigh  :roll:

« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2006, 07:48:56 PM »
Quote from: "dysfunction"
I'm a huge Firefly fan, but hands-down BSG is the superior show.

BSG is awsome.

?

cadmium_blimp

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2006, 08:24:33 PM »
Yes it is.  We've got a thread for it titled "The Triumphant Return."  It should be on the second page.  Go get it because I hate double posting and I'm pretty sure I was the last one to post in it.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 10:36:34 PM »
I've recently decided that I like House MD.  I figured it was just another medical show, but Dr. House is lovably bitter and cynical.  It's like a more serious Becker.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

mjk

« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2006, 05:41:35 AM »
I've recently decided that I like House MD.  I figured it was just another medical show, but Dr. House is lovably bitter and cynical.  It's like a more serious Becker.

have you watched scrubs?

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 05:50:53 AM »

have you watched scrubs?

i like both  :D

?

cadmium_blimp

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 08:20:59 AM »
digitalnomad mentioned Becker.  That show was awesome.