The Sun is Held together by Pressure

• 48 Replies
?

MrKappa

• Math abstracts reality... it does not create it...
The Sun is Held together by Pressure
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »
So I found this awesome video on cymatics from Hans Jenny in the 1960s. I believe he was a Swiss physicist.

The most remarkable thing about it is that it shows a pattern which is reminiscent of the Sun, with convection, and perhaps magnetic sun spots as well.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Cymatic Soundscapes - Excerpt

So the immediate conclusion, once we can prove that the sun exists, is that gravity does not pull together hydrogen and other elements towards the center of the sun, but instead the solar system pushed inwards with unseen electro magnetic forces pushing the sun together into a giant ball of plasma.

Discuss

Lorddave

Re: The Sun is Held together by Pressure
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »
He's an idiot.

Gravity creates pressure.  Therefore the signs of pressure on the sun are going to exist.
As for pushing pressure: EM energy can't compress atoms.  They can knock off electrons but that's about it.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

MrKappa

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:32:23 PM »
Well gravity is an electro magnetic force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitoelectromagnetism

Now let's consider accretion theory where the planets have collected mass and traveled in orbit around the sun. After billions of years of "settling" these planets should be in stable orbit, but for the most part using optical measurements we've determined them to be eliptical.

http://www.classzone.com/books/earth_science/terc/content/investigations/es2603/es2603page01.cfm

What would cause the Earth to have an elliptical orbit. Certainly it's not Jupiter.

As for pushing pressure: EM energy can't compress atoms.  They can knock off electrons but that's about it.

Pressure can certainly compress mass.

Please try again...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:34:37 PM by MrKappa »

Lorddave

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 09:31:56 PM »

Your link says the equations are similar but it doesn't say that they are the same.  Try again.

Now let's consider accretion theory where the planets have collected mass and traveled in orbit around the sun. After billions of years of "settling" these planets should be in stable orbit, but for the most part using optical measurements we've determined them to be eliptical.
The orbit is stable.  Stable orbit means it doesn't change.  Orbits also don't "settle".  They're either stable or unstable.  Our plants have a stable orbit.  Eliptical is a stable orbit.

What would cause the Earth to have an elliptical orbit. Certainly it's not Jupiter.
It's the orbit the original dust cloud the Earth formed from.  Though it could have easily been a huge set of variables that altered the orbit of that dust.  Impossible to say.

Pressure can certainly compress mass.

Please try again...
Yes pressure can.  EM energy, however, doesn't generate pressure.  Not even with other elecro-magnetic waves.  If such waves COULD generate pressure and they WERE putting pressure on the Sun, then the power output required would mean life on Earth would be impossible.  I mean, you'd need a power output thousands of times greater than the sun puts out.  That would destroy any living cell.  The cumulative effect on the matter of the plants would also be erroded away.

In fact, if your "idea" is correct, why hasn't the pressure pushed all the planets into the sun?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »

Yeah, that word doesn't mean what you think it means. You should probably read the link.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

MrKappa

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21:33 AM »

Yeah, that word doesn't mean what you think it means. You should probably read the link.

Gravity is a force, which exerts pressure.

Electro Magentism indeed exerts electromagnetic pressure.

The Sun being a big ball of plasma is totally susceptible to pressure.

If you put the words Gravity and Electro-Magnetism together, they create the words GravitoElectroMagnetism.

Pressure.

Try again guys.

How do you know for certain the Sun is instead a larger Jupiter held together by gravitational forces, rather than external pressure?

Earth itself is said to be more dense than the Sun. Yet the gravitational forces of the Sun should dictate that it be some of the most dense material in existence.

More Mass, More Size = More Gravitational Force or Pressure.

I'm not saying the Cymatics are the perfect model for the Sun.

I just need to know your rational which draws you to the conclusion that it is impossible for the Sun to be held together by external forces.

The orbit is stable.  Stable orbit means it doesn't change.  Orbits also don't "settle".  They're either stable or unstable.  Our plants have a stable orbit.  Eliptical is a stable orbit.

It's predictable, however it's elliptical path is not explained. That's what I asked. Accretion theory by it's very nature dictates that orbits must stabilize, or "settle".

There are no plants in orbit around the sun.

Even the concept of magnetic diopoles and the presumption or the search for gravitational diopoles should warrant real explanations rather than grammar wars.

I'm asking to learn, not preach dogma.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 12:52:50 AM by MrKappa »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 12:51:08 AM »

If you put the words Gravity and Electro-Magnetism together, they create the words GravitoElectroMagnetism.

Pressure.

Try again guys.

How do you know for certain the Sun is instead a larger Jupiter held together by gravitational forces, rather than external pressure?

Earth itself is said to be more dense than the Sun. Yet the gravitational forces of the Sun should dictate that it be some of the most dense material in existence.

I just need to know your rational which draws you to the conclusion that it is impossible for the Sun to be held together by external forces.

It's predictable, however it's elliptical path is not explained. That's what I asked. Accretion theory by it's very nature dictates that orbits must stabilize, or "settle".

Forces do not exert pressure.  And, I think in all the other places where you say pressure, you mean force.

?

MrKappa

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 01:26:14 AM »

Pressure.

Try again guys.

Forces do not exert pressure.  And, I think in all the other places where you say pressure, you mean force.

Okay, when gravitational forces act upon mass, the mass is forced, or pushed together, and that bunch of mass which is amassing, creates pressure.

And I'll add, that electromagnetic pressure is indeed a result of the force.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 01:29:46 AM by MrKappa »

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 03:26:24 AM »

If it were external forces then why would there be a high density core instead of a ball of uniform density?
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 06:30:27 AM »
That video said nothing about the sun.
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Lorddave

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 07:34:45 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_pressure
That's probably what you mean.  But that's so weak it's almost non-existent.

The Sun is a big ball of plasma because the mass of all the gas is so great that gravity exerts a force on it that compresses the gas into plasma as it's being compressed into helium.

If you put the words proton and photon together, they create the words protonicphoton.
What's your point?

Because gravity is an elementary force that all matter appears to have.  And since the mass of the sun is enough to cause the force we see and we can't see any external force, then gravity is the only force that is creating the pressure you see on the sun.

Incorrect.
The sun is a lot of hydrogen.  Gravity creates pressure which causes the hydrogen to heat up to plasma levels and eventually fuse into helium.  When it does this, a lot of energy is released.  That energy pushes against the force of gravity.  So while the sun is, essentially, exploding, it won't be compressed into it's densest form by gravity.

However, during the fusion, multiple elements can be created.  Just a few atoms at a time.  The sun radiates these atoms in solar eruptions.    But most of it is in the form of helium.  Once all the hydrogen has been fused into helium, the sun will turn into a red giant.  That will then fuse into iron and become a white dwarf.  At that point gravity isn't enough to compress the matter any further.  If the sun were larger it could be compressed into a neutron star or a black hole.

No, just more mass.

Because the Earth isn't crashing into the Sun. 

Could have been anything.  The formation of the moon could have been violent enough to move the large mass of the Earth into an elliptical orbit.

Planets.  I missed an e.

Even the concept of magnetic diopoles and the presumption or the search for gravitational diopoles should warrant real explanations rather than grammar wars.
Magnets have dipoles.  Gravity doesn't.

Rushy

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
Christ, MrKappa, have you actually attended a physics class before?

?

MrKappa

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 10:38:24 AM »

Yes... Physics for Future Presidents - #" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Physics 10 - Lecture 01: Atoms and Heat

I thought this was flat earth though. Everybody seems to have such a closed and rigid mind.

I guess everybody knows where the earths water came from too...

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,55567.0.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:42:22 AM by MrKappa »

Lorddave

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »

Yes... Physics for Future Presidents - #" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Physics 10 - Lecture 01: Atoms and Heat

I thought this was flat earth though. Everybody seems to have such a closed and rigid mind.

Having a rigid mind and having a firm grasp of physics are two different things.  You can't bend the laws of physics to your whim because you say so.

Rushy

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »

That is a lot of words in one post just to say "No."

?

MrKappa

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 03:40:35 AM »
If it helps, this was the video which originally inspired me to consider that perhaps it might be an external pressure of sorts binding the sun together, rather than the spin of the sun and gravitational forces creating a monopole well of sorts. I am not saying it doesn't have many elements of an entertainment piece, because it does.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Thunderbolts of the gods Part 5 of 7

The full piece is here and it works to discredit the smaller piece above simply because it follows so many bizarre lines of thinking all at once. Jmo... It's still an interesting watch, even if it's not physics class.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Thunderbolts Of The Gods

Quote from: Irushwithscvs
That is a lot of words in one post just to say "No."

It's just an introduction to physics lecture series without the math, but it's a good one, and that professor Richard Muller is actually a good teacher, jmo...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:51:33 AM by MrKappa »

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »

If it were external forces then why would there be a high density core instead of a ball of uniform density?
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

?

MrKappa

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 05:05:08 PM »

Why would there be a helio-pause or a helio-shpere if there were nothing but spin and mass shaping the force of gravity?

Lorddave

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »

Why would there be a helio-pause or a helio-shpere if there were nothing but spin and mass shaping the force of gravity?

Ummm.... Nothing is shaping the force of gravity.
And the heliopause and sphere are just boundaries where interstellar winds interact with the solar winds of our sun. You know, the charged particles moving AWAY from our sun?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 03:12:32 AM »
Kappa, perhaps you will find this very helpful:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,39728.0.html (impossibility of a spherically shaped sun and many other topics)

Lorddave

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 03:30:04 AM »
Oh levee, you should know by now that impossible is a word only used by fools and madmen.

Also, you need to brush up on physics.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 08:27:31 AM »
The sun is less dense than the earth because of the immense energies required to cause fusion, and in turn released by the fusion. The gravity collected the mass (let's keep this simple guys, so Kappa doesn't get confused), the large mass created the pressure, the large pressure created the initial energy (which is called "temperature" by simpletons), the large energies initialized the fusion, and the fusion created more energy to keep the sun glowing and fusing.

No external force pushed all of the atoms together to create a star. Electromagnetism does not create pressure. That is all.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »
I feel it's only fair to point out that the sun is held at its quasi-static equilibrium by the balance of internal pressure against gravitational collapse. Radiation pressure accounts for a part of that equation.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 02:59:00 AM »
LordDork, physics is a subject you should leave for others to discuss...

Impossibility of a spherical Sun shape:

The atmospheric pressure of the sun, instead of being 27.47 times greater than the atmospheric pressure of the earth (as expected because of the gravitational pull of the large solar mass), is much smaller: the pressure there varies according to the layers of the atmosphere from one-tenth to one-thousandth of the barometric pressure on the earth; at the base of the reversing layer the pressure is 0.005 of the atmospheric pressure at sea level on the earth; in the sunspots, the pressure drops to one ten-thousandth of the pressure on the earth.

The pressure of light is sometimes referred to as to explain the low atmospheric pressure on the sun. At the surface of the sun, the pressure of light must be 2.75 milligrams per square centimeter; a cubic centimeter of one gram weight at the surface of the earth would weigh 27.47 grams at the surface of the sun. Thus the attraction by the solar mass is 10,000 times greater than the repulsion of the solar light. Recourse is taken to the supposition that if the pull and the pressure are calculated for very small masses, the pressure exceeds the pull, one acting in proportion to the surface, the other in proportion to the volume. But if this is so, why is the lowest pressure of the solar atmosphere observed over the sunspots where the light pressure is least?

Because of its swift rotation, the gaseous sun should have the latitudinal axis greater than the longitudinal, but it does not have it. The sun is one million times larger than the earth, and its day is but twenty-six times longer than the terrestrial day; the swiftness of its rotation at its equator is over 125 km. per minute; at the poles, the velocity approaches zero. Yet the solar disk is not oval but round: the majority of observers even find a small excess in the longitudinal axis of the sun. The planets act in the same manner as the rotation of the sun, imposing a latitudinal pull on the luminary.

Gravitation that acts in all directions equally leaves unexplained the spherical shape of the sun. As we saw in the preceding section, the gases of the solar atmosphere are not under a strong pressure, but under a very weak one. Therefore, the computation, according to which the ellipsoidity of the sun, that is lacking, should be slight, is not correct either. Since the gases are under a very low gravitational pressure, the centrifugal force of rotation must have formed quite a flat sun.

Near the polar regions of the sun, streamers of the corona are observed, which prolong still more the axial length of the sun.

If planets and satellites were once molten masses, as cosmological theories assume, they would not have been able to obtain a spherical form, especially those which do not rotate, as Mercury or the moon (with respect to its primary).

No RE has ever been able to bring any meaningful arguments against this extraordinary (and at the same very simple) demonstration. The Sun could not have attained a spherical shape, not given the accepted laws of physics.

Would you like to debate with me the Faint Young Sun Paradox?

Lorddave

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 03:29:52 AM »
I'm curious: how did you calculate the pressure at any point on the Sun? Especially since you can't go there to directly measure it.

?

MrKappa

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 09:10:36 AM »
Kappa, perhaps you will find this very helpful:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,39728.0.html (impossibility of a spherically shaped sun and many other topics)

Yeah, that's hilarious, but you missed the five paradoxes...

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 09:41:21 AM »
LordDork, physics is a subject you should leave for others to discuss...

Impossibility of a spherical Sun shape:

The atmospheric pressure of the sun, instead of being 27.47 times greater than the atmospheric pressure of the earth (as expected because of the gravitational pull of the large solar mass), is much smaller: the pressure there varies according to the layers of the atmosphere from one-tenth to one-thousandth of the barometric pressure on the earth; at the base of the reversing layer the pressure is 0.005 of the atmospheric pressure at sea level on the earth; in the sunspots, the pressure drops to one ten-thousandth of the pressure on the earth.

The pressure of light is sometimes referred to as to explain the low atmospheric pressure on the sun. At the surface of the sun, the pressure of light must be 2.75 milligrams per square centimeter; a cubic centimeter of one gram weight at the surface of the earth would weigh 27.47 grams at the surface of the sun. Thus the attraction by the solar mass is 10,000 times greater than the repulsion of the solar light. Recourse is taken to the supposition that if the pull and the pressure are calculated for very small masses, the pressure exceeds the pull, one acting in proportion to the surface, the other in proportion to the volume. But if this is so, why is the lowest pressure of the solar atmosphere observed over the sunspots where the light pressure is least?

Because of its swift rotation, the gaseous sun should have the latitudinal axis greater than the longitudinal, but it does not have it. The sun is one million times larger than the earth, and its day is but twenty-six times longer than the terrestrial day; the swiftness of its rotation at its equator is over 125 km. per minute; at the poles, the velocity approaches zero. Yet the solar disk is not oval but round: the majority of observers even find a small excess in the longitudinal axis of the sun. The planets act in the same manner as the rotation of the sun, imposing a latitudinal pull on the luminary.

Gravitation that acts in all directions equally leaves unexplained the spherical shape of the sun. As we saw in the preceding section, the gases of the solar atmosphere are not under a strong pressure, but under a very weak one. Therefore, the computation, according to which the ellipsoidity of the sun, that is lacking, should be slight, is not correct either. Since the gases are under a very low gravitational pressure, the centrifugal force of rotation must have formed quite a flat sun.

Near the polar regions of the sun, streamers of the corona are observed, which prolong still more the axial length of the sun.

If planets and satellites were once molten masses, as cosmological theories assume, they would not have been able to obtain a spherical form, especially those which do not rotate, as Mercury or the moon (with respect to its primary).

No RE has ever been able to bring any meaningful arguments against this extraordinary (and at the same very simple) demonstration. The Sun could not have attained a spherical shape, not given the accepted laws of physics.

Would you like to debate with me the Faint Young Sun Paradox?

You need to define the surface of the sun and explain how sunspots work before drawing conclusions.

?

Dr Matrix

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
PV=nRT

Seems relevant.

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 11:03:46 AM »
PV=nRT

Seems relevant.

Only if we assume an ideal gas within the equations. And I'm not 100% positive, but I don't think it's applicable for a system composed of plasmas'.

Rushy

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
If this was in the upper forums I would laugh and join in. However, this is not the upper forums and this is not funny.