The earth is round!

• 21 Replies
The earth is round!
« on: September 11, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »
so if i start at point A on planet earth...and walk 'AROUND' the planet back to point A does that mean the earth is not flat? 

i can get on board with govt conspiracies about the race to the moon etc et al...

but this flat earth shit is just flat out ridiculous.

go ahead and try to convert me. 

please!

Rushy

Re: The earth is round!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
so if i start at point A on planet earth...and walk 'AROUND' the planet back to point A does that mean the earth is not flat? 

Circumnavigation does not disprove a flat Earth.

i can get on board with govt conspiracies about the race to the moon etc et al...

Okay.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 02:19:34 PM »
why not? 

explain how circumnavigation works in flat earth

please.

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 02:26:27 PM »
why not? 

explain how circumnavigation works in flat earth

please.

All circumnavigation on the flat Earth is performed in the motion of a circle, save for circumnavigation via the north pole. For example a flight from the U.S. to Europe is more of a semicircle, rather than a direct line. The Mainstream belief is that this circular motion is due to curvature of the ground, rather than the reality, that curvature of the disc produces a bent flight path.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »
Welcome to the Flat Earth Society. Perhaps you could acquaint yourself with the FAQ before proceeding.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 02:40:02 PM »
Welcome to the Flat Earth Society. Perhaps you could acquaint yourself with the FAQ before proceeding.

i did browse through it.

didn't see much in the way of answers.

i'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around this theory and frankly think it is ridiculous.  and believe me when i say i'm a first class cynic and skeptic. 

i believe govts are naturally self serving and in an economic and "global" sense they constantly fudge the numbers and media to the suit their agenda.
see: shadow stats and polyanna creep.

that is to say though that i'm not quick to write anything off and will give others a chance to help explain things to me or i to them....i would try to be open minded.

Rushy

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 02:56:06 PM »
Take a look around the site. There is a thread for just about any argument against FET you can imagine. Use the "search" function, located at the top bar of the site, just below the logo. You can also read the book Earth Not a Globe for some further FET related material.

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »
I suspect you haven't walked around the earth and never will. A real life experiment is one thing. However, advancing thoughts which themselves are predicated on a  global earth is a fruitless excursion into tautology.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 09:07:01 PM »
The earth is laid out similarly to the United Nations Logo.

As you travel Eastwards or Westwards your compass tries to point towards Magnetic North, taking you in a circle around the earth.

North is Hubwards, South is Rimwards, East is Turnwise, and West is Widdershins.

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 06:47:16 AM »
no i myself have not "walked" around the earth.  i have traveled a great deal.....

so let's see if we can agree on some common knowledge points:

1. the moon is round and is a sphere....or are we to believe the thousands...tens of thousands of people with telescopes are in on this world wide global conspiracy..if you look up in the sky...the moon is round....
     a. why would the entire world go to the effort and to such extremes to convince people the world is round?  what is gained?  surely our watered down flat ass lazy ass media and govt can think of better ways to brainwash us....?  i mean let's not give the govt and other world govt's that much credit....i don't anyways....but my main point is....why take something like that to hold over the people...it holds no real value....sure it's a massive lie...but if we should all learn the earth is flat...well then life can go on...economic collapse and media control and brainwashing in schools so that america can conqueror the global economy....or whatever....well that is more devastating and difficult to recover from...Hitler and Mussolini are great examples. 
     b. the govt lies.  about everything.....i think we can agree on this...knowing the govt does lie...they do cheat and steal..and cover up..and work with the banks and media....we have to ask...what is the benefit of the lie.  what is gained by the lie that the earth is round?  is it financial?  is to have control and power over the people?  why bother ? why live....why don't i just  walk off this flat earth and be done with it.....oh that's right....i can't walk off a flat earth
2. the sun is round.  if you look at the sun it is round.
3. other planets in the galaxy are round....or are we to believe the thousands...tens of thousands of people with telescopes are in on this world wide global conspiracy
4. the language adn science and common knowledge i grew up with seems to make sense...the earth is round (tautology)

so are we safe to assume and presume that the earth could be round too? 
it seems to me you folk are not open at all to the notion that the earth could be round....
burden of proof aside...i could give a rat's ass about who's burden it is....

what actual proof do you any of you have that the 32 years of my life on the round earth is a big fat and flat lie?

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 07:05:21 AM »
no i myself have not "walked" around the earth.  i have traveled a great deal.....

so let's see if we can agree on some common knowledge points:

1. the moon is round and is a sphere....or are we to believe the thousands...tens of thousands of people with telescopes are in on this world wide global conspiracy..if you look up in the sky...the moon is round....
     a. why would the entire world go to the effort and to such extremes to convince people the world is round?  what is gained?  surely our watered down flat ass lazy ass media and govt can think of better ways to brainwash us....?  i mean let's not give the govt and other world govt's that much credit....i don't anyways....but my main point is....why take something like that to hold over the people...it holds no real value....sure it's a massive lie...but if we should all learn the earth is flat...well then life can go on...economic collapse and media control and brainwashing in schools so that america can conqueror the global economy....or whatever....well that is more devastating and difficult to recover from...Hitler and Mussolini are great examples. 
     b. the govt lies.  about everything.....i think we can agree on this...knowing the govt does lie...they do cheat and steal..and cover up..and work with the banks and media....we have to ask...what is the benefit of the lie.  what is gained by the lie that the earth is round?  is it financial?  is to have control and power over the people?  why bother ? why live....why don't i just  walk off this flat earth and be done with it.....oh that's right....i can't walk off a flat earth
2. the sun is round.  if you look at the sun it is round.
3. other planets in the galaxy are round....or are we to believe the thousands...tens of thousands of people with telescopes are in on this world wide global conspiracy
4. the language adn science and common knowledge i grew up with seems to make sense...the earth is round (tautology)

so are we safe to assume and presume that the earth could be round too? 
it seems to me you folk are not open at all to the notion that the earth could be round....
burden of proof aside...i could give a rat's ass about who's burden it is....

what actual proof do you any of you have that the 32 years of my life on the round earth is a big fat and flat lie?

On point 1a, 2, and 3: The sun, the moon and other planets =/= earth. For actual proof, read Earth Not a Globe.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 07:24:09 AM »
Correct. The celestial bodies are not the earth.

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 07:45:20 AM »
lol
no shit guys.

a defeated cause or a cause for which defeat is inevitable

what is...lost cause!

take care you flat earth folk!!! 

Rushy

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 09:25:41 AM »
If you wish to give up and live in your round fairy tale land, so be it. Your rudeness does not help your case.

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 10:20:51 AM »
thebalvenie,

for thousands of years people have just blindly trusted what people have tught them about the shape of the earth.
As a Zetetic, you need to open your mind, trust your senses, The earth is planar because it appears that way, and until there is real hard evidence we must go with planar.

i hope you are able to open your mind, I suggest you read Earth, not a globe, while there is mistakes in there it will put you on the right path to enlightment.

welcome

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »
thebalvenie,

Earth Not a Globe was written in 1881! Before electricity. Before radio. Before cars.  Before satellites (because they're not possible) before planes (because pilots are part of the conspiracy) before GPS (all a delusion).

The Earth is flat because it looks flat and because people cannot stand upside down on a ball.  And down is simply down.  The earth is pushing up on us... constantly.  The edge of the world is ice because sunlight does not reach there.  There are ice guards that won't let you past.

They manage to guard an ice wall that is the circumference of our Earth which is 78,186 miles around.  80k guards to cover every mile seems about right.

I'm going to re-write the FAQ.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Rushy

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 12:29:22 PM »
Earth Not a Globe was written in 1881!

No one informed me that truth had an expiration date. I hope the World Wars expire soon.

Before electricity.Citation NeededBefore radio.Citation Needed Before cars. Before satellites (because they're not possible) before planes (because pilots are part of the conspiracyCitation Needed) before GPS (all a delusionCitation Needed).

Not only is none of that relevant, half of it is incorrect. This is your average round Earther, ladies and gentlemen. The kind of person that is so monumentally perplexed by the universe itself that they couldn't hope to understand it any further than what they have been told before hand.

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 04:59:44 PM »
Same subjects again and again brought up by new people, all disproven by round folk, ignored by flat folk until brought up again then manipulated by flat folk to try ans show how "Dumb" round folk are. That sums up how debates work here in the flat earth society.

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 06:30:47 PM »
Earth Not a Globe was written in 1881!

No one informed me that truth had an expiration date. I hope the World Wars expire soon.

Before electricity.Citation NeededBefore radio.Citation Needed Before cars. Before satellites (because they're not possible) before planes (because pilots are part of the conspiracyCitation Needed) before GPS (all a delusionCitation Needed).

Not only is none of that relevant, half of it is incorrect. This is your average round Earther, ladies and gentlemen. The kind of person that is so monumentally perplexed by the universe itself that they couldn't hope to understand it any further than what they have been told before hand.

You haven't ever even remotely come close to having a good debate with me, irushwithscvs.  When you talk like you actually know something I might take the time to fancy you with citations and explanations.  Until then I'm sure whatever I tell you will go right over your head.

Rushy

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 07:28:56 PM »
You haven't ever even remotely come close to having a good debate with me, irushwithscvs.  When you talk like you actually know something I might take the time to fancy you with citations and explanations.  Until then I'm sure whatever I tell you will go right over your head.

I accept your concession, despite how rude it is. Another FE victory.

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 03:34:57 AM »

It was rude; I'm sorry.  It's because in the past whatever I've talked about you've dismissed it as me "accepting what's been told to me" and I took that to be very rude, too.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 03:52:09 AM »

It was rude; I'm sorry.  It's because in the past whatever I've talked about you've dismissed it as me "accepting what's been told to me" and I took that to be very rude, too.

Remember, two wrongs doesn't make a right.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!