Air

• 135 Replies

Lorddave

Re: Air
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2012, 07:18:11 AM »
Isn't diffuse to be spread over a large area?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2012, 07:23:59 AM »
Isn't diffuse to be spread over a large area?

Or to mix throughout. Rushy gave a very good definition of the word.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

Rushy

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2012, 07:38:24 AM »
You cannot stir the water so that the salt is diffused to a relatively even mixture (equilibrium) before it dissolves?

This question makes no sense.

Your lack of comprehension makes no sense.

Draw me a square circle.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2012, 07:39:52 AM »
You cannot stir the water so that the salt is diffused to a relatively even mixture (equilibrium) before it dissolves?

Draw me a square circle.

How about a square within a circle? Or a circle within a square?
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

Rushy

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2012, 07:41:11 AM »

Draw me a square circle.

No, I want a square circle. Draw me one.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2012, 07:46:52 AM »

Draw me a square circle.

No, I want a square circle. Draw me one.

Impossible.

Rushy

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »
Impossible.

Are you saying that my nonsensical question doesn't deserve an answer when yours does?

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »
Impossible.

Are you saying that my nonsensical question doesn't deserve an answer when yours does?

Irrelevant.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
Saying air is not a gas is equivalent to saying soup is not a liquid or a brick is not a solid.
Soup is not a liquid.
Yep, and not all bricks are a solid either.

I wasn't saying they were, just making an analogy. Similarly I don't doubt that Lord Dave will also say milk is not a liquid and Mr Pseudonym will say granite is also not a solid. But I think it would be hard to find anyone outside this forum who would agree with you. You have become so mired in the FES tradition of arguing points on semantics that you have lost the capacity to see how ludicrous you look doing it.
Milk is a liquid.
Soup is a mixture of solids and liquids.  What you are thinking of is Broth.  Broth, which is a part of soup, is a liquid.

Tomato soup is a liquid.

Lorddave

« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 12:02:07 PM »
Saying air is not a gas is equivalent to saying soup is not a liquid or a brick is not a solid.
Soup is not a liquid.

I wasn't saying they were, just making an analogy. Similarly I don't doubt that Lord Dave will also say milk is not a liquid and Mr Pseudonym will say granite is also not a solid. But I think it would be hard to find anyone outside this forum who would agree with you. You have become so mired in the FES tradition of arguing points on semantics that you have lost the capacity to see how ludicrous you look doing it.
Milk is a liquid.
Soup is a mixture of solids and liquids.  What you are thinking of is Broth.  Broth, which is a part of soup, is a liquid.

Tomato soup is a liquid.
Please state all the ingredients of tomato soup.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 12:08:51 PM »
Soup is not a liquid.

Milk is a liquid.

Tomato soup is a liquid.

Tomato soup is usually a liquid mixture. There may or may not be precipitate present, depending on the type.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2012, 12:45:34 PM »
Soup is not a liquid.

Milk is a liquid.

Tomato soup is a liquid.

I don't know them all.

Lorddave

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2012, 02:35:46 PM »
Soup is not a liquid.

Milk is a liquid.

Tomato soup is a liquid.

Tomato soup is usually a liquid mixture. There may or may not be precipitate present, depending on the type.
Spices, onion, and various seeds are solids.
The tomato part is liquid though, but it can hardly be called tomato soup if its just hot tomato juice.

Rushy

« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2012, 02:42:31 PM »
The tomato part is liquid though, but it can hardly be called tomato soup if its just hot tomato juice.

Tomato soup is a fluid that takes the shape of its container, the very definition of a liquid.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:45:01 PM by Irushwithscvs »

« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2012, 02:56:49 PM »

Yes, that's why it's a mixture. Those things are suspended in the liquid.

Lorddave

« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »
But is it tomato soup without the solid particles suspended in the fluid?

Rushy

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »

Yes.

Lorddave

« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2012, 11:08:30 PM »

Yes.
Then I shall alter my statement to say "most soup isn't liquid".

Rushy

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2012, 12:52:35 AM »

Yes.
Then I shall alter my statement to say "most soup isn't liquid".

soup/so͞op/
Noun:   

A liquid dish, typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, etc., in stock or water.

If it is not liquid, it by definition is not soup.

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2012, 02:44:16 AM »

Sure, but that's irrelevant. It's a liquid mixture with or without those particle persons.

Lorddave

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2012, 06:42:37 AM »
My point was that the liquid part of soup isn't soup if you remove everything else.
Can you have chicken soup without chicken?
Does chicken become a liquid if you put it into broth to make soup?

Rushy

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
My point was that the liquid part of soup isn't soup if you remove everything else.

??? Does water become a solid when I put salt in it?

Lorddave

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »

??? Does water become a solid when I put salt in it?

No.  The water dissolves the salt.  Does hot water dissolve beef chunks?  Or vegetables?

Rushy

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2012, 12:11:14 PM »
No.  The water dissolves the salt.  Does hot water dissolve beef chunks?  Or vegetables?

Depends on the beef chunks or vegetables and how hot the water is.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2012, 12:29:24 PM »

Beef and vegetables are not soluble in water.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Rushy

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »

Incorrect.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2012, 12:37:11 PM »

Incorrect.
Beef and vegetables are organic materials.  Organics are generally not soluble in water. Heats water won't help.  If you wish to put beef and vegetables in solution I would suggest finding a solvent that can dissociate the organic molecules.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Rushy

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »
Beef and vegetables are organic materials.

Okay.
Organics are generally not soluble in water.

Okay.
Heats water won't help.

Incorrect.

If you wish to put beef and vegetables in solution I would suggest finding a solvent that can dissociate the organic molecules.

You mean like water?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2012, 12:50:52 PM »
Beef and vegetables are organic materials.

Okay.
Organics are generally not soluble in water.

Okay.
Heats water won't help.

Incorrect.
Heating water won't help. At STP water will only be at 100 C. Add a little salt and you can get it a little higher.  Use a pressure cooker and you can get it even higher.  But pressure cookers are used to cook food, not make it seem to disappear. 

You mean like water?
No.  Maybe Exxsol D80 or something along those lines.  Or you could try fuming perchloric acid.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Lorddave

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2012, 05:05:55 PM »

You aren't confusing decomposition from dissolves are you?