Air

• 135 Replies
Re: Air
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2012, 01:27:26 PM »
Air is not 'a' gas, it's a fluid. Lots and lots of things go into air and aren't bonded chemically to make it one homogenous substance.

Actually, air is a homogeneous mixture.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2012, 04:11:17 PM »
Air is not 'a' gas, it's a fluid. Lots and lots of things go into air and aren't bonded chemically to make it one homogenous substance.

Why can't a gas have a varied composition?  Or am I misinterpreting your post?

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »
Its half of the best group on this planar Earth, Air Supply.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »
Saying air is not a gas is equivalent to saying soup is not a liquid or a brick is not a solid.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Lorddave

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 06:32:38 PM »
Saying air is not a gas is equivalent to saying soup is not a liquid or a brick is not a solid.
Soup is not a liquid.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 07:48:13 PM »
Soup is not a liquid.
Yep, and not all bricks are a solid either.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 05:54:13 AM »

Air is not a gas. It is gasses, and some solids (in miniscule, particle form), and some liquids (vaporized). On the whole scale, it is a fluid medium.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2012, 05:56:02 AM »
Soup is not a liquid.
Is liquid a liquid?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Rushy

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 06:00:40 AM »
some liquids (vaporized).

Otherwise known as a gas.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 06:30:04 AM »
some liquids (vaporized).

Otherwise known as a gas.

Condensed vapor is not a gas.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

Rushy

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 07:51:37 AM »

True, but that is not what you said. You said "liquid (vaporized)," meaning the liquid turned to gas.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 07:55:30 AM by Irushwithscvs »

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »

True, but that is not what you said. You said "liquid (vaporized)," meaning the liquid turned to gas.

Vapor is still not a gas. Vapor is a liquid that has been dispersed into the air. The clouds are water vapor.

Rushy

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2012, 08:04:12 AM »
Vapor is still not a gas. Vapor is a liquid that has been dispersed into the air. The clouds are water vapor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapor

A vapour (British spelling) or vapor (see spelling differences) is a substance in the gas phase at a temperature lower than its critical point.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vapor

1va·por noun \ˈvā-pər\
Definition of VAPOR
1: diffused matter (as smoke or fog) suspended floating in the air and impairing its transparency
2a : a substance in the gaseous state as distinguished from the liquid or solid state

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2012, 08:14:34 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapor

A vapour (British spelling) or vapor (see spelling differences) is a substance in the gas phase at a temperature lower than its critical point.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vapor

1va·por noun \ˈvā-pər\
Definition of VAPOR
1: diffused matter (as smoke or fog) suspended floating in the air and impairing its transparency
2a : a substance in the gaseous state as distinguished from the liquid or solid state

One of your definitions fits what I've said.

Rushy

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »
One of your definitions fits what I've said.

Elaborate. I can already tell you're being purposefully vague to avoid getting embarassed mulitple times in the same thread.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 10:04:38 AM »
Soup is not a liquid.

I wasn't saying they were, just making an analogy. Similarly I don't doubt that Lord Dave will also say milk is not a liquid and Mr Pseudonym will say granite is also not a solid. But I think it would be hard to find anyone outside this forum who would agree with you. You have become so mired in the FES tradition of arguing points on semantics that you have lost the capacity to see how ludicrous you look doing it.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 10:18:10 AM »
1va·por noun \ˈvā-pər\
Definition of VAPOR

This one.

Rushy

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »
1va·por noun \ˈvā-pər\
Definition of VAPOR

This one.

Again, you're being purposefully vague. Please plainly state why and how that definition supports you. I should not even have to say that.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »

Again, you're being purposefully vague. Please plainly state why and how that definition supports you. I should not even have to say that.

Don't like when people are vague, do you? Perhaps you should take your own advice to heart.

1va·por noun \ˈvā-pər\
Definition of VAPOR

Does that help?

Lorddave

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »
Soup is not a liquid.

I wasn't saying they were, just making an analogy. Similarly I don't doubt that Lord Dave will also say milk is not a liquid and Mr Pseudonym will say granite is also not a solid. But I think it would be hard to find anyone outside this forum who would agree with you. You have become so mired in the FES tradition of arguing points on semantics that you have lost the capacity to see how ludicrous you look doing it.
Milk is a liquid.
Soup is a mixture of solids and liquids.  What you are thinking of is Broth.  Broth, which is a part of soup, is a liquid.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Rushy

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »
Don't like when people are vague, do you? Perhaps you should take your own advice to heart.

I'm never vague, which is why I am wrong so little of the time.

1va·por noun \ˈvā-pər\
Definition of VAPOR

Does that help?

Diffused matter suspended in air is called a gas.

diffusedpast participle, past tense of dif·fuse (Verb)
Verb:   

Spread or cause to spread over a wide area or among a large number of people.
    Become or cause (a fluid, gas, individual atom, etc.) to become intermingled with a substance by movement, typically in a specified...

Try again.  ::) All this shenanigan is showing is even that when overwhelming incorrect you still pretend like nothing is happening. Its ironic that you call me the troll and then do this. Clearly you can't even comprehend the subject at hand when simple definitions boggle your mind like this.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:42:32 PM by Irushwithscvs »

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2012, 06:27:02 AM »

I'm never vague, which is why I am wrong so little of the time.

1va·por noun \ˈvā-pər\
Definition of VAPOR

Does that help?

Diffused matter suspended in air is called a gas.

diffusedpast participle, past tense of dif·fuse (Verb)
Verb:   

Spread or cause to spread over a wide area or among a large number of people.
    Become or cause (a fluid, gas, individual atom, etc.) to become intermingled with a substance by movement, typically in a specified...

Try again.  ::) All this shenanigan is showing is even that when overwhelming incorrect you still pretend like nothing is happening. Its ironic that you call me the troll and then do this. Clearly you can't even comprehend the subject at hand when simple definitions boggle your mind like this.

Are you saying that clouds are not water diffused through the atmosphere?

Rushy

« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2012, 06:32:41 AM »

Yes, I am. If they were diffused throughout the atmosphere, they would be a gas, and they are not.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 06:33:46 AM »

Yes, I am. If they were diffused throughout the atmosphere, they would be a gas, and they are not.

Where does it state that something diffused into the air need be a gas? Does that mean if salt is diffused in water it is now a liquid?

Rushy

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2012, 06:41:28 AM »
Where does it state that something diffused into the air need be a gas? Does that mean if salt is diffused in water it is now a liquid?

Salt does not diffuse in water. You're thinking of the term dissolve.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »

Salt does not diffuse in water. You're thinking of the term dissolve.

Salt dissolves slowly. It can be diffused into the medium (water) before it dissolves completely.

Rushy

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2012, 07:01:29 AM »
Salt dissolves slowly.

Depends on the solvent.

It can be diffused into the medium (water) before it dissolves completely.

This sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2012, 07:03:24 AM »
Salt dissolves slowly.

Depends on the solvent.

It can be diffused into the medium (water) before it dissolves completely.

This sentence makes no sense whatsoever.

You cannot stir the water so that the salt is diffused to a relatively even mixture (equilibrium) before it dissolves?

Rushy

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2012, 07:07:15 AM »
You cannot stir the water so that the salt is diffused to a relatively even mixture (equilibrium) before it dissolves?

This question makes no sense.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2012, 07:17:31 AM »

This question makes no sense.

Your lack of comprehension makes no sense.