Ice Wall Question.

• 55 Replies
Re: Ice Wall Question.
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 03:26:19 PM »
until evidence is brought forward we must assume there is no ice wall.

It really depends on how you define the ice wall. That there is an ice shelf and mountains in the rim country is fairly well documented.

I define the "Ice Wall" as a continuous 150 ft wall of ice that holds back all of the worlds oceans.
It is over 70 thousand km long.

First of all, ice  will not hold back water well, and yes, varying heights of ice shelves that surround 2/3's of Antarctica. Until this massively long ice wall can be confirmed, we must conclude, as Zetetics, that it is only a theory.

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 04:48:38 PM »
Still talking about the mythical ice wall?

It's not there, people have been all around the continent of Antarctica. People have traveled past Antarctica. Cruises are offered even.

Coast Guard polar rollers help maintain the numerous NOAA buoys around the continent.

No ice wall.

you can freely travel due south and not come into contact with an ice wall, just Antarctica. You can then go around it and head to different oceans.

Case closed.

Let's not provoke the Bishop to further shenanigans.

And now im not on my 666 post anymore. sad face :(

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 04:54:55 PM »
until evidence is brought forward we must assume there is no ice wall.

It really depends on how you define the ice wall. That there is an ice shelf and mountains in the rim country is fairly well documented.

I define the "Ice Wall" as a continuous 150 ft wall of ice that holds back all of the worlds oceans.
It is over 70 thousand km long.

First of all, ice  will not hold back water well, and yes, varying heights of ice shelves that surround 2/3's of Antarctica. Until this massively long ice wall can be confirmed, we must conclude, as Zetetics, that it is only a theory.

I don't think anyone thinks a 150' wall of ice is holding back all of the world's oceans. So I'm not sure what the issue is.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 05:32:02 AM »
so what is the purpous of a 150ft continous ice wall around the rim?

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 07:24:59 AM »
It serves no purpose. Its not there, it is only in the minds of people who have not seen anything past their country

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:28 AM »
I don't think anyone thinks a 150' wall of ice is holding back all of the world's oceans. So I'm not sure what the issue is.

From the FAQ

Quote from: Lord Wilmore
Q: "Why doesn't water run off the Earth?"

A: There is a vast "ice wall" that keeps the water where it is. This explains why you can find a vast plane of ice as you travel southward. The wall is roughly 150ft high. In the McIntyre model, however, the height of the wall increases further as one moves toward the edge of the world.

The official position of the Flat Earth Society that there is indeed a 150 foot wall of ice holding back the world's oceans.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 03:51:29 PM »
Quote from: Kendric
From the FAQ.
Quote from: FAQ
... the wall is a mountain range. It just happens to be covered in ice and snow.

so what is the purpous of a 150ft continous ice wall around the rim?
What is the purpose of Greenland?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 04:15:50 PM »
Quote from: Kendric
From the FAQ.
Quote from: FAQ
... the wall is a mountain range. It just happens to be covered in ice and snow.

???
I am unsure of what you are trying to convey here. 

Is this intended to support your original assertion that no one believes that a 150' wall of ice  is holding back the worlds oceans? 

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 04:21:49 PM »

From the FAQ

Quote from: Lord Wilmore
Q: "Why doesn't water run off the Earth?"

A: There is a vast "ice wall" that keeps the water where it is. This explains why you can find a vast plane of ice as you travel southward. The wall is roughly 150ft high. In the McIntyre model, however, the height of the wall increases further as one moves toward the edge of the world.

The official position of the Flat Earth Society that there is indeed a 150 foot wall of ice holding back the world's oceans.

There are a series of 150 foot tall Ice Walls and Ice Shelves which cover 95% of the Antarctic coastline.

They are there in the Round Earth model as well. You should have learnt about them in elementary school.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 04:24:47 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2012, 12:58:33 PM »
there is also a series of sand walls in the American Florida. What do the "ice walls"do?
or do they have no purpose?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »
there is also a series of sand walls in the American Florida. What do the "ice walls"do?
or do they have no purpose?

They do not have a purpose.

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 04:26:57 PM »
I keep getting sucked back into this, despite knowing it servers no purpose to argue against FE due to selecting reading and denial of truth. But seriously can you stop with the ice wall, maybe take it out of the FAQ? it just is not real, no proof, no witnesses (i swear to god you site some old peoples story of "OMG LOOK AN ICE WALL THE END OF THE EARTH!!!!" then that just makes you look sad)

All in all, no modern documented or even word of mouth style sea storys even begin to hint at an edge of earth. It is just appalling to think this is still brought up.

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 05:28:10 AM »
I agree, if the "ice wall" has no purpose, why is it in the FAQ?

Why  does the FAQ say : A: There is a vast "ice wall" that keeps the water where it is.   

when no one believes this?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:23:12 AM by iwanttobelieve »

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
Everyone believes in the ice of the ice wall. The debate is over whether it is a separate continent known as Antarctica, or whether a wall has been mistaken for a continent. All the known evidence points toward a ring of ice surrounding the Earth. I don't see why there is any reason not to refer to this icy ring around the earth as an ice wall. 

There is also good reason to believe that this ring of ice is not impassable by some creatures. The dinosaurs probably made it safely over the wall and are living on the other side. The best explanation for UFO's is that they come not from up in the air but from a land beyond the ice wall. The freaks who believe in a hollow earth are sadly mistaken in believing that this land is heaven, though. This land is undoubtedly Hell. The best explanation for the great dinosaur migration was that the Devil wanted the dinosaurs to be his demons in Hell.

If you read the Bible and compare it to the fossil record it's pretty obvious that Adam and Eve and Cain and Able and Seth and everyone up until Abraham were not modern people but dinosaurs. Dinosaurs were the old people. But they were wicked and the Devil led them down to Hell through the passage of the Ice Wall.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:22:18 PM by Dino »

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 05:05:44 PM »
Do you do drugs dino? I mean I drink so I'm would not be any better, but damn man you have to be on drugs to believe that.

The icey cliffs are the coastline of antarctica. Beyound antarctica is just more of eartj. You can easily navigate around antarctica and get to any of the plaves near it.

What saddens me most is tjt none of you have been anywhere near antarctica let alone 3 nm off shorw yet you all just believe some wall circles the earth and some of you do not believe antarctica is a continent.

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »

Ski,
"I don't think anyone thinks a 150' wall of ice is holding back all of the world's oceans. So I'm not sure what the issue is.
"

Why  does the FAQ say : A: There is a vast "ice wall" that keeps the water where it is.   

its a little sad that moderators don't read the FAQ.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:19:05 PM by iwanttobelieve »

?

illmunati

• Nope
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »
Where did you get this crazy, messed up, psychotic, theory about Adam and Eve being dinosaurs?

?

Dino

• Adventurer, Explorer
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 09:39:33 PM »
Where did you get this crazy, messed up, psychotic, theory about Adam and Eve being dinosaurs?

You have a better theory? Let's hear it.

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2012, 01:00:05 PM »
Dino is like a more hardcore hoppy.

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:08 PM »
Dino is like a more hardcore hoppy.

Like a less hardcore levee?

?

Sutekh

• Icewall Deathguard - Disinformation section.
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2012, 03:16:16 AM »
is the edge being guarded?

I am beaming this message only to you as I know we can trust you.

We guard the wall 24 hours a day, unless there is something really really good on tv

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2012, 06:43:46 AM »
I agree, if the "ice wall" has no purpose, why is it in the FAQ?

when no one believes this?

It's mostly the undersea lands of Antarcica which keep the water where it is. The Ice Wall is only above sea level at the Antarctic coast.

« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2012, 07:38:06 AM »
I agree, sounds like we need to change the FAQ.
How do we do this?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
I agree, sounds like we need to change the FAQ.

And/or, update the wiki.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2012, 02:14:38 PM »
Slowly updating the FAQ would be a good plan. We've learned much and much more since that was written.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2012, 06:53:17 PM »
so how does the FAQ get changed, or is it locked in stone, like the christian bible?