Seasons and lighting

• 55 Replies
Seasons and lighting
« on: September 02, 2012, 09:33:30 PM »
I have read the FAQ and wanted to express my thought in pictures.
I hope I did everything correctly when I uploaded the pictures.

I want to show on a FE map which portions are bright and dark at midday over the null meridian at the time of the to solstices and an equinox. I apologize for not being precise, I did everything quickly and freehand, but it roughly reflects the true distribution of light and dark:

Summer solstice (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/femapsummersol.jpg/)

Equinox (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/femapequinox.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Winter solstice (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/femapwintersol.jpg/)

If this is the light distribution of the sun, how can you sustain the spotlight theory?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:44:16 PM by clemenza089 »

Rushy

Re: Seasons and lighting
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »
The Sun changes altitude over the seasons, causing temperature and surface lighting variances. The straight line day/night picture you have shown is misleading, as that simply does not occur.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:21:48 PM »
The Sun changes altitude over the seasons
Of how much? In other words, what is the altitude range? A minimum and maximum altitude would be more than sufficient.

causing temperature and surface lighting variances
So which spotlight will illuminate the whole disk except a hole of darkness?

The straight line day/night picture you have shown is misleading, as that simply does not occur.
I don't intend to prove it now, but do you have an alternative diagram? How is the light distributed during the equinox? Of course dusk and dawn can be within tolerance...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:26:53 AM by clemenza089 »

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 04:57:39 AM »
The Sun changes altitude over the seasons
Of how much? In other words, what is the altitude range? A minimum and maximum altitude would be more than sufficient.

causing temperature and surface lighting variances
So which spotlight will illuminate the whole disk except a hole of darkness?

The straight line day/night picture you have shown is misleading, as that simply does not occur.
I don't intend to prove it now, but do you have an alternative diagram? How is the light distributed during the equinox? Of course dusk and dawn can be within tolerance...

Clemenza, you have hit upon one of the biggest problems for FET to explain. Keep plugging away and you'll get some good comedy trolling. They also are unable to explain how the south pole experiences 24 hour daylight in the summer. They have no valid diagram to show light distribution on the equinox as they say they have no proper map, however, they are unable to explain the effect of the sun rising due east for every observer on the planet on the day of the equinox.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 06:35:58 AM »
Tell you a secret, I live in Singapore. That's less than 2 degrees north of the equator. On the FE map the sun would rise 30 degrees further north than I'm used to on the equinox. Actually, on the equinox, no one in the world would see the sun rise on the east, I just realized. That's hilarious!

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37:57 AM »
Tell you a secret, I live in Singapore. That's less than 2 degrees north of the equator. On the FE map the sun would rise 30 degrees further north than I'm used to on the equinox. Actually, on the equinox, no one in the world would see the sun rise on the east, I just realized. That's hilarious!

Well, we are just a couple of weeks away from being able to test this worldwide. I think we should.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »
The problem with the illustrations is that they assume that the earth is a globe. The earth is not a globe.

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 11:21:03 AM »
The problem with the illustrations is that they assume that the earth is a globe. The earth is not a globe.

Woot! Tom rolls up in here now!

So Tom, how would the lighting look like if the Earth is not a globe? Please do explain I am sure we would love to hear it.

So the question is... What would the lit portions of Earth be on a flat Earth compared to the observable lighting on a round Earth? I would really like to see. And please do give evidence.

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »

You can easily correlate your FE maps with rising times and sunset times and show clemenza089 if he is wrong or right.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »

So Tom, how would the lighting look like if the Earth is not a globe? Please do explain I am sure we would love to hear it.

So the question is... What would the lit portions of Earth be on a flat Earth compared to the observable lighting on a round Earth? I would really like to see. And please do give evidence.

If you want extraneous research done you should paypal all donations to tom.bishop.enterprises@gmail.com. I will be sure to prioritize your request.

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 12:23:09 PM »

If you want extraneous research done you should paypal all donations to tom.bishop.enterprises@gmail.com. I will be sure to prioritize your request.

You can do it with internet, but are you going to do it?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »

Once I see an appropriate amount of money in my account I will begin your research project.

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »

Once I see an appropriate amount of money in my account I will begin your research project.

YOU want to prove the Earth to be flat. Do a little work lazy man. It just takes time and a computer.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 03:16:18 PM »
Time is money. Start putting donations into my account and I'll tell you when to stop.

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 03:19:59 PM »
Time is money. Start putting donations into my account and I'll tell you when to stop.

I thought you were eager to prove FET. Turns out you're not. Why is that so?

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »

What a scam! Talk about taking advantage of people that want to beleive in something different. What research? That will never happen. You just revealed yourself as a fraud. This website is a fraud, albiet an amusing one.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 05:36:08 PM »
The Sun changes altitude over the seasons, causing temperature and surface lighting variances. The straight line day/night picture you have shown is misleading, as that simply does not occur.

That's called making up bullshit to justify your belief. Did you or Tom download the apps I suggested? Still avoiding that one I see.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 05:55:34 PM »
Ok, I propose we do a simple research, and I will need your help.
To gather more "material" we will analyze the light at midday on meridian 15 east.
Please fill in the blanks, I will make some minute adjustments and draw the lines on the map.

At what time, on 21st March are the following events happening? Please use UTC times.

Irkutsk sunset
Ulanbaatar sunset
Chengdu sunset
Singapore sunset
Perth sunset

New York City sunrise
Port au Prince sunrise
Bogota sunrise
Lima sunrise
Santiago de Chile sunrise

Security question: is the sun shining during either of those events in:

London?
Tripoli?
Cape Town?

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 05:59:22 PM »

Oh yes, I forgot to split temperature and lighting... Temperature: when does the sun gain altitude and where does it get warmer? And vice versa?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 06:04:22 PM »

I'm not the one demanding that studies be performed. You are.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »
Ok, I propose we do a simple research, and I will need your help.
To gather more "material" we will analyze the light at midday on meridian 15 east.
Please fill in the blanks, I will make some minute adjustments and draw the lines on the map.

At what time, on 21st March are the following events happening? Please use UTC times.

Irkutsk sunset
Ulanbaatar sunset
Chengdu sunset
Singapore sunset
Perth sunset

New York City sunrise
Port au Prince sunrise
Bogota sunrise
Lima sunrise
Santiago de Chile sunrise

Security question: is the sun shining during either of those events in:

London?
Tripoli?
Cape Town?

People like Tom Bishop will say this is invalid without actually sending a person to these locations on that date. He claims that all mathematical calculators that can tell you these things are loaded with false data, completely ignoring the fact that whenever anyone uses one to check a sunrise or sunset anywhere in the world, it turns out to be correct.
That is the FE'ers excuse for not compiling data in this manner that would make their idea even more unlikely and difficult to explain. They'd rather suggest reality is wrong than struggle to make an explanation.

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 06:26:30 PM »
People like Tom Bishop will say this is invalid without actually sending a person to these locations on that date. He claims that all mathematical calculators that can tell you these things are loaded with false data, completely ignoring the fact that whenever anyone uses one to check a sunrise or sunset anywhere in the world, it turns out to be correct.
That is the FE'ers excuse for not compiling data in this manner that would make their idea even more unlikely and difficult to explain. They'd rather suggest reality is wrong than struggle to make an explanation.

I'd rather say there is a hidden agenda to collect donations and go on holiday for free. I'm thinking about chipping in 5 bucks to send Tom Bishop to record sunrise and sunset in Jalalabad  ;D

Still, let's see if we can get those times filled in!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »

Umm...  No, he isn't.  BoatswainsMate is the one who asked for evidence, not EmperorZhark.  You are the one who is demanding money (which, if isn't already against forum rules, should be).
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 07:18:05 PM »

Umm...  No, he isn't.  BoatswainsMate is the one who asked for evidence, not EmperorZhark.  You are the one who is demanding money (which, if isn't already against forum rules, should be).

He might send you a diploma from his mill if you cough up enough cash, though.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 08:16:21 PM »

This is a "Flat Earth" website. You should be bending over backwards and have ready made proofs available on demand.......but you don't even have a map.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:07 PM »
This is a "Flat Earth" website. You should be bending over backwards and have ready made proofs available on demand

We have over a dozen books full of research. If you want any more you'll have to cough up funding.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2012, 09:13:17 PM »
Why does everyone assume that the sun's spotlight must shine in the shape of a circle?  Personally, I've never seen proof of this.

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
Why does everyone assume that the sun's spotlight must shine in the shape of a circle?  Personally, I've never seen proof of this.
I'm fine with a potato-shaped footprint, but with increasing altitude the footprint should get bigger and retain the same shape. The question is: why is the shape of the footprint changing so dramatically when the latitude of the sun's position is changing?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2012, 09:30:45 PM »

If the sun acts as a spotlight and the sun is round (not necessarily spherical), then what other shape would the sun's spotlight form?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2012, 09:48:27 PM »
I'm fine with a potato-shaped footprint, but with increasing altitude the footprint should get bigger and retain the same shape. The question is: why is the shape of the footprint changing so dramatically when the latitude of the sun's position is changing?

Because you are assuming that the earth is a globe. It's not.