Little boy bullied for wearing skirts; father starts wearing them too.

• 89 Replies
?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
Re: Little boy bullied for wearing skirts; father starts wearing them too.
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2012, 02:29:57 AM »
I can continue slaughtering you in this debate tomorrow if you'd like.

You're right.  It can never work and we should never even try.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

spanner34.5

• feck arse drink
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2012, 02:34:13 AM »

Men wearing skirts. They are probably never bullied.
My I.Q. is 85. Or was it 58?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2012, 04:06:33 AM »
The one on the right is, he looks like the Dursley dad from Harry Potter.
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

Lorddave

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2012, 05:33:41 AM »
*sigh*
The child shouldn't wear the dress in that society.  Arbitrary social norms are what helps us function in our world and assign role to people.  We all want to think that we're rational, nonjudgmental people but that's completely false.  If we see a woman standing in an alley, we're going to think "Hooker".  If we see a man standing in an alley we're going to think "mugger".  You see an old man in a dark alley, you'll probably feel safe.  If you see a young girl in a dark room, you'll probably feel safe.  If you see a young man in a dark room, you probably won't.  Especially if you're a woman.  Men and woman ARE different, like it or not.  And being able to identify who is a man and who is a woman is very important in any species.

If we see a little kid in a red dress we're going to think "girl" and treat him differently.  If he continues this behavior, then the repercussions could be that what a guy thought was a hot chick was really a man.  We treat women differently.  We, men, give them things (drinks, flowers, sweet words, epic items in WoW, etc...) that we don't normally give to other guys.  When they discover that the girl they've been attempting to woo is really a guy, they feel tricked.  And since men are violent by nature, they're more likely to attack the person who "tricked" them.  It doesn't matter if that was the intent or not.  Men are not creature of rational thought when angered.  They are physically violent creatures.  Women, on the other hand, are emotionally violent.

Anyway the point is that the child should be forced to follow the social norms until he/she is capable of understanding and accepting the consequences of not doing it.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2012, 05:38:10 AM »
Should guys be wearing high heels? No.
Should guys be wearing bras? No.
Should guys being wearing dresses? NO.

This attempts to make guys and girls the same when they are and should remain distinctive. What's next, large co-ed bathrooms at grade school?

All the parents are doing is lining up the kid for bullying and mental abuse. Face it- he will be bullied, he will get hurt, and he will have a damaged psyche by the time he is grown up.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

burt

« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2012, 07:48:59 AM »
It violates the norms of society.

Your point being?

Look, we don't need to go through every step of the Socratic method here.  You know what social norms are.  If you have a problem with them, just spell it out.
I don't have a problem with social norms. What makes you think I do?

I have a problem with anoyone who thinks that anyone  else who breaks social norms is being inappropriate.

?

burt

« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2012, 07:50:13 AM »
Should guys be wearing high heels? No.
Should guys be wearing bras? No.
Should guys being wearing dresses? NO.

This attempts to make guys and girls the same when they are and should remain distinctive. What's next, large co-ed bathrooms at grade school?

All the parents are doing is lining up the kid for bullying and mental abuse. Face it- he will be bullied, he will get hurt, and he will have a damaged psyche by the time he is grown up.

So your message is "stay in line, or we'll stomp you"

grow up.

If everyone though like this, there would not have been a feminist revolution, a black revolution, a secular revolutio etc etc an LGBT movement/revolution. psychology is not just about people who inflict bullying on you, it is also about how those around you, who love you or love freedom etc, support you.

There was a kid in my school who was born a boy, when he was about 9 he started dressing like a girl, for a few days he gotr picked on, but then there was a class disuccion about it, where his parents came in and discussed it. I went to the same secondaey school as her, and no one and I mean no one picked on her, unless they wanted to be socially chastised and it very rarely happened, and she was compleltly open  about it. and so here, what is the dad doing? being supportive.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:57:32 AM by burt »

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2012, 07:52:18 AM »

Your point being?

Look, we don't need to go through every step of the Socratic method here.  You know what social norms are.  If you have a problem with them, just spell it out.

I have a problem with anoyone who thinks that anyone  else who breaks social norms is being inappropriate.

That is what being inappropriate means.

?

burt

« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2012, 08:00:24 AM »

Your point being?

That is what being inappropriate means.

I don't think so.

rooster

« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2012, 09:07:16 AM »
What's messed up is that women can basically wear whatever they want but if a man deviates just a little then "ohmuhgerd he's gay let's kick his ass!"

Men are so retarded. The little boy will still easily make friends, the kind of friends that are good for him, not shallow, judgmental, close-minded fools.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2012, 09:12:54 AM »
No one should wear high heels.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2012, 09:15:06 AM »
If everyone though like this, there would not have been a feminist revolution, a black revolution, a secular revolutio etc etc an LGBT movement/revolution.

Is that what this is about to you?  The best way to fight these revolutions?  Rather than, you know, the welfare of the child?

?

burt

« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »
If everyone though like this, there would not have been a feminist revolution, a black revolution, a secular revolutio etc etc an LGBT movement/revolution.

Is that what this is about to you?  The best way to fight these revolutions?  Rather than, you know, the welfare of the child?

quote a portion of my comment and attack it, will you? paltry response.

Oh well...

My comment was multifacted; you obviously haven't the ability to follow a complex argument.

let me draw your attention to the sentence that came exactly after that, see as you so obviously have a short attention span:
psychology is not just about people who inflict bullying on you, it is also about how those around you, who love you or love freedom etc, support you.

And here's my conclusion:

what is the dad doing? being supportive.

so yes, I think I was talking about welfare.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 09:28:14 AM by burt »

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »
What's messed up is that women can basically wear whatever they want but if a man deviates just a little then "ohmuhgerd he's gay let's kick his ass!"

Men are so retarded. The little boy will still easily make friends, the kind of friends that are good for him, not shallow, judgmental, close-minded fools.

I agree that its stupid that if you dress a certain way, cry, show good taste, like flowers, or feel bad about anything ever, suddenly everyone suggests you want a penis in your mouth. 

That being said, for the most part men look terrible in dresses.  Obviously there are more effeminate males, but the whole shape of the dress, the hourglass and the bust, are dependent on certain female characteristics.  I am not against men or boys wearing dresses because of societal constraints, obviously there are consequences for being a dude and wearing dresses (bullying), but I think it would be better if that was not the case.

That being said, you have to decide if its worth trying to prove that the constraints are stupid with someone who cannot even understand the constraints in the first place.  If his 5 year old son could intellectually understand why he was not "supposed" to wear a dress, then I would be fine with this little social experiment.  But i would not personally let my son wear a dress until i believed he could understand why society did not want him to do so.

I know someone is going to say that "the support of the father" will still let the kid come out okay, and i certainly hope this is the case, and I think its likely the case.  But Much of that is dependent on how strict the school is about bullying, and the child's ability to find friends, which are really case by case factors that none of us can know.  I just don't see the benefit of allowing a 5 year old to wear dresses.  Besides the "its what he wants to wear" argument, and the overall progress to a society where a boy can be a whatever he wants, which this particular example does little to advance in comparison to transgender related violence, I just think that there are more negaitives for this boy than positives, even if they are just potential negatives.

?

Thork

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2012, 12:34:02 PM »
We need Thork to share his opinions on the subject with us.

Oh, holy fuck. I've only just seen this thread. There is so much I have to comment on and many of you aren't going to like it. Especially those who like to gay up FES.

I have a good feeling about this thread already. Do you think this is 'wrong' or is this man father of the year?
I'm not surprised Supertails is the OP. This fits in with his 'lets make everyone gay' agenda. Stop forcing gayness down people's throats. >:(

As a stubborn child in kindergarten, I insisted on playing the part of the mother in little games of house. 
This quote is going to haunt you, Cupcake. :-*

Slow down there, bro. Thork hasn't even posted yet.
You can relax now, dude. My thoughts on the matter will be shared forthwith.

Guys, you're forgetting the most important part: dresses don't look good on men.
Does it really take an imbecile to point out the obvious? Even Blanko gets it.

So your daughter introduces her new boyfriend to you. And he starts fingering her right there on the sofa in front of you. Its not illegal, its in the privacy of a private residence, they are both of age, just. Would you not prefer he just adhered to social norms and fingered her when you were out of the house?
Social norms are for the benefit of everyone. Its irrelevant if the new boyfriend feels comfortable fingering your daughter in front of you and your wife. Because its likely you or your wife aren't going to be comfortable with it. And the same with guys wearing dresses. When other people meet a man in drag, it makes them uncomfortable. Its f*cking selfish for liberals to say, "Well, that's your problem for not being open minded". No, we live in a society and we all do things to make life pleasant for everyone. And dressing appropriately is accepted the world over. From women who wear burkas (why doesn't my spell check know what a burka is?) in the Middle East to women covering their boobs in the west, to men who don't walk around with their nuts out. Men wearing dresses makes other people uncomfortable because its unusual and therefore causes awkwardness. Liberals are so self-centred it is untrue.

The little boy will still easily make friends, the kind of friends that are good for him, not shallow, judgmental, close-minded fools.
No one gives a crap about a 5 year old in a dress. Most people probably think he's a little girl. Its unfortunate and his parents should just buy him boy's clothes. Its not like he has a budget to buy dresses, he's 5. They bought him it and put him in that dress. However his dad wearing a dress is not acceptable. He should be charged with a public disorder offence. Its frankly unpleasant for those he comes into contact with.

@Supertails,
The five year old kid is gay?

Maybe he is?
5 year olds are not gay. Stop wishing everyone is gay all the time. >:( Most people aren't gay. That's why there are lots of people. And 5 year olds are asexual. They aren't into sex. That's why you aren't allowed to have sex with them, regardless of how gay they might look in a dress.

Men wearing skirts. They are probably never bullied.
That is because every one of them is much bigger than an average human, and that's because they all take steroids. Except the guy on the right, who is likely only interested in beer and pie. And maybe late-night pron.

As has been said, dresses are designed to accentuate the female figure. Men's clothes make men look better. Make a suit with shoulder pads or a pair of jeans that give the illusion of a pert backside. Dresses don't make men look better. A choice of clothes has nothing to do with sexuality. Its just another way for gays to scream "Look at me, I'm different" as though being different is in some way better. Its not, or we'd all be doing it.

Now I know there are a great many shirt-lifters on the forum. Many will have tears rolling down their cheeks running their mascara as they hammer out a reply to this. And Evanescence playing in the background, fresh cuts burning into their forearms and the taste of black lipstick all over their teeth won't deter them. But social norms are what helps make society more pleasant for everyone. Even those you despise because they don't want to tolerate your mincing about showing everyone just how proud you are that you can't distinguish which sex would make an appropriate mate for you.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:23:49 PM by Thork »

Supertails

• what do i put here
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2012, 03:14:33 PM »
It's really hard to take you seriously when your posts are 98% ad hominems, 2% actual content. Sice when do I want everyone to be gay? ???
Recently listened to:

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2012, 03:41:19 PM »
What the fuck is a shirt-lifter? I assume it's a gay thing but I don't see the connection.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2012, 03:44:32 PM »
You shouldn't try to take him seriously.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Thork

« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »
What the fuck is a shirt-lifter? I assume it's a gay thing but I don't see the connection.
Its a widely used colloquialism.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shirt%20lifter

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #79 on: September 02, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
Whose shirt is that long they need to lift it to allow ass-access? This is why we invented vents, people.

It's also why double-vents are looked down upon; they're slutty.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2012, 02:13:25 AM »
We need Chris to share his opinions on the subject with us.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Thork

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2012, 02:17:49 AM »
I think he is busy spreading liberalism in Asia or something. He's definitely out of the UK preaching his wretched ideologies around the planet.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2012, 05:17:47 AM »
We need Chris to share his opinions on the subject with us.

Presumably the parents bought the dress for him, probably after the kid said he wanted it. The parents must have known that children can be spiteful, vicious gits and that by wearing something different, he would be putting him in the line of fire for the torrent of hate which only children are capable of feeling.

Credit to him for standing up for his son, but he shouldn't really have been put in that situation in the first place, his Dad won't always be there to defend him. In an ideal world it shouldn't matter, but all of us were in school once, we all know that it does matter. When the kid is old enough to decide for himself whether he wants to take the hits and stand up for himself in a dress then fine.

Also, this is just one reason I support having School Uniforms, kids shouldn't have to worry about clothes and fashion at that age and parents shouldn't be held to ransom by the constantly changing and expensive fashions

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2012, 05:37:15 AM »
Thank god people like Thork are dwindling in numbers.

Also, I walked past some hippies sitting on a bench drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes and I was instantly infuriated.  >o<
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2012, 07:30:45 AM »
Even Chris is not as comically liberal as CET.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

Thork

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2012, 07:34:19 AM »
I agreed with everything Chris said. I think I'm wearing him down. He's becoming ... almost human.

Also, I walked past some hippies sitting on a bench drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes and I was instantly infuriated.  >o<
You see, we're not so different after all.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2012, 08:04:44 AM »

I am breading them like rabbits.  I will soon have a skin head army.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »

I am breading them like rabbits.  I will soon have a skin head army.

Breaded rabbit is delicious but I prefer them in stews.

?

Thork

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2012, 09:19:40 AM »
I had breaded rabbit in Malta. Rabbit is the national dish and so I guess there is only so much one can do with a rabbit. It looked a bit like schnitzel, tasted a bit like a turkey escalope and smelt a bit like feet. 4/10 - needs work.

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2012, 10:58:26 AM »
erm... was does it matter if the father wears a dress as well?

The kid will still be teased, but now he'll be teased more because his dad also wears a dress. His fathers making it worse.