I wish to challenge your theroy

• 37 Replies
?

WTF

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2005, 02:58:32 PM »
I'm kinda interested to see what he says too.  It seems like flat-earthers tend to say something about the earth being "down" as if down is an absolute direction.  But for someone who knows a lick about science, I have a hard time believing he'd turn a 180 and say something that stupid.  Of course, if he answers my question about time zones and seasons, he'd have to make equally stupid explanations so maybe he WILL break out a "the earth is down" type of explanation.

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »
They belive things called pusher particles push us doun onto one side of th earth an we are shielded by the other.

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2005, 05:15:36 PM »
But you guys do know that the earth is really round, right?

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2005, 01:43:44 PM »
If the flat earthers want to prove the earth is flat, why don't they set off on an expidetion to the edge of the earth? you know, bring back some pictures maybe some video? if they did that I would believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that the earth is flat.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

?

Poorboy_Marlon

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 02:01:38 AM »
Why does this always turn into a flame war?
Ok heres a good one. Why is it, that when viewed through a telescope other planets are seen to be round? That would mean our Planet is the only one in the solar system which had formed into disk, pretty unlikely.
From a mathematics point of view, the sphere is the most geometrically perfect shape and gravity will always try to form lighter matter around the single heaviest point, IE the molten core of our planet. Im sorry but all this talk of a flat earth is mere conjecture, and any insults you care to throw wont change that.

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2005, 06:40:48 AM »
Felix: if you had done any research into the flat earth's theory, you would know that they believe god has placed a bubble around the earth, which contains the atmosphere.

If the earth is round, how can planes fly level? Wouldn't they fly off into space?

What about all the drag on the earth? After all, space is not a void (as some ignorant round earthers are prone to believe). Therefor, were earth to be traveling for billions of years, the drag on it, from debris, elements, ether, not to mention the "gravitational pull" from other planets, would force the earth to slowly stop.

Speaking of ether, a study of it was done trying to calculate the absolute speed of earth by looking at how far the ether trailed behind the earth. They would do this by emitting a light pulse.

They calculated the earth speed at 0. Go figure.

Edit: Poorboy: Telescopes only show other planets as round due to an optical illusion created from the domes on those planets. Because the rest of the universe circles earth, these domes are always pointing towards us. If they look different the next time they're looked at, it is merely because the atmosphere has shifted, not because they have "rotated".

Edit#2, I don't believe anyone has answered this threads initial question yet.

Quote from: "vibins"

First of all if the Earth was flat then why would people be covering up that fact what is the need for the huge conspiracy.

Do you have any idea how much money was spent on the space program? Do you have any idea how much spy's, assassinations, etc... cost? Can you imagine putting that on a CIA budget request?

I'd imagine the space program could be funding quite a few such operations.

Note: this is just my own theory, I haven't heard of any other flat earthers believing in it as of yet.

?

Poorboy_Marlon

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2005, 07:17:21 AM »
Oh come on. You cant simply disregard everything i say because it doesnt match up with your beliefs which are, by the way, comepletely groundless in any kind of scientific sense. Jesus. I think maybe the flat earth theory should be marketed as a religion, because it obviously has more to do with theology than science.
 You see this is why every argument on these boards fails, because you flat earthers seem to accept your own beliefs as some kind of doctrine which supersedes any kind of scientific fact. At least round earth proponents are (Mostly) more reasoned in their arguments.
If u cant come up with a response that doesnt involve actual, hard logical facts then please dont bother wasting the boards time with it.

?

PieMonarch

lol
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2005, 08:38:29 AM »
IF THE EARTH IS FLAT THEN HOW COME WHEN YOU FLY ON AIRPLANE YOU CONSTANTLY SEE A HORIZON. AND YOU SEE LAND CHANGE BUT THE HORIZON IS ALWAYS THERE, TRY AND THINK ABOUT WHAT A HORIZON IS.
which reminds me, i also had a diferent aspect analysis on this one time i had a dream that i was that Rachel person from Friends and i was on holiday somewere and i got trapped outside my hotel room naked(lol) and i had to go to my neighbors room and i had a bath in a small basin under the shower and he was giving me evil looks and then i farted underwater but these turds came out and floated on the surface just as he walked in and he was like eeuw and gave that "i dont wanna know" face then walked out and i ws like :$ then i picked up the turd and threw it in the toilet. later i was regurgitating turds i think, or kebab meat. the wierd thing is, when i had a poo later that day, the turds were exactly the same as the ones in my dream :O i can never predict the texture and substance of my shit just by sencing my bowels. This all became clear to me,when we are asleep we DO have extra sences and i dont think its being able to see in the future, i think its our small non volentary reaction controller (the small brain) that sences all the parts of the body and somehow makes a visual link to the large brain whilst its asleep and somehow warns the large brain of all the acions the body could take, like a simulation : O!! but very abstract because like we are only able to controll %8 of our brain or something : O!!! can you imagine what kind of risk assesments we'd be able to make if we could controll %69+? it would be like actual future sight. lol and we could move objects with our minds like so we could give ourselves blowjobs with hardened jelly