Why is sustained space travel impossible?

• 38 Replies
Why is sustained space travel impossible?
« on: August 27, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »
I saw this in the faq but i couldnt find anything elaborating on this. Can anyone shed any light?

Rushy

Re: Why is sustained space travel impossible?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 01:53:36 PM »
Sustained space travel would require a sustained energy source. Since we have not yet mastered the science of unlimited energy, sustained space travel is not possible.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »
And why would it need sustained energy? What about the object's inertia?

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »
I suggest you ask more specific questions.

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 02:14:27 PM »
Sounded simple enough to me. Why would an object need to be continuously powered to sustain space flight? Most people would say that a powered object that cut its propulsion would continue to move at the same speed under its own inertia. What is your take on this?

Rushy

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »
Sounded simple enough to me. Why would an object need to be continuously powered to sustain space flight?

To obtain space flight in FET one would need to accelerate forever. Technology can not currently achieve such a feat.

Most people would say that a powered object that cut its propulsion would continue to move at the same speed under its own inertia. What is your take on this?

Yes, it would continue to move at its own speed. The problem is that the Earth, however, is accelerating. Thus the Earth will always catch up to an object attempting space flight unless the object is accelerating as well.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 02:42:56 PM »
So why is the earth accelerating? Do you have anything to suggest this is the case or is it just speculation?

Rushy

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 02:44:34 PM »
So why is the earth accelerating? Do you have anything to suggest this is the case or is it just speculation?

Why does the universe exist? Questions of why belong in the philosophical section below.

As to the supporting evidence, jump off a chair.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »
A lot of people have been through this before, you fall to earth just as much as it comes up to meet you, this hardly support that the earth is moving upwards towards us.  So what causes it to accelerate like you say? Is this concept the same of all of space? Why could one not just fly ojt lf the way earth is travelling? Would you then not be able to sustain space flight?

Rushy

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 06:44:22 PM »
A lot of people have been through this before, you fall to earth just as much as it comes up to meet you, this hardly support that the earth is moving upwards towards us.  So what causes it to accelerate like you say? Is this concept the same of all of space? Why could one not just fly ojt lf the way earth is travelling? Would you then not be able to sustain space flight?

The Dark Energy accelerates the Earth's disc and only the disc. Everything else is accelerated either indirectly, such as the Sun and Moon, or directly, such as you and me. Anything you send into space will not be accelerated via either of these ways, it will eventually come back down. That leads us to the statement, "if you don't have unlimited energy...sustained space flight is not possible."

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »
So what about the ISS? Thats been up there a while. Say i were to fly my space craft over the ice wall and away from earth, perpendicular to the direction in which the disk is moving, what external physical factors would be affecting me then? Would continuous power still be required?

Rushy

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »
So what about the ISS?

Have you actually attempted to observe this contraption? If you think that is a 227 ton man made object floating around up there then you are mistaken.

Say i were to fly my space craft over the ice wall and away from earth, perpendicular to the direction in which the disk is moving, what external physical factors would be affecting me then? Would continuous power still be required?

You have a space craft?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 07:46:07 PM »
So what about the ISS?

Have you actually attempted to observe this contraption? If you think that is a 227 ton man made object floating around up there then you are mistaken.

Yes, you would be very much mistaken because the ISS has a mass of a little over 462 tons.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/onthestation/facts_and_figures.html
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rushy

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 07:51:13 PM »
Yes, you would be very much mistaken because the ISS has a mass of a little over 462 tons.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/main/onthestation/facts_and_figures.html

When you're dealing with fiction numbers can jump around quite a bit. I'll be sure to try and remember the new one.

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 09:29:50 PM »
Rushy you are starting to sound like Tom. It is scary.

Funny how one cannot go into space, yet I along with many others, have witnessed a shuttle launch. Everyone can pretty much tell you that thing does not suddenly come down. Parts of it come off, but the shuttle itself just keeps on going. Not to mention that one time I was on the secondary emergency response crew incase the shuttle went down over the coast line. So we monitored the shuttle via radar and no one saw it come back down at any point. That thing was gone and up there.

You are also acting like Tom, again scary, by citing the "jump off a chair" I am not sure if you are drunk when you type that, but you do know that you cannot notice a difference between the Earth coming up and you going down?

So try harder Rushy. The newer people are not impressed with you, I can tell.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:31:22 PM by BoatswainsMate »

Rushy

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 11:07:40 PM »
Rushy you are starting to sound like Tom. It is scary.

Funny how one cannot go into space, yet I along with many others, have witnessed a shuttle launch. Everyone can pretty much tell you that thing does not suddenly come down. Parts of it come off, but the shuttle itself just keeps on going. Not to mention that one time I was on the secondary emergency response crew incase the shuttle went down over the coast line. So we monitored the shuttle via radar and no one saw it come back down at any point. That thing was gone and up there.

How does a shuttle launch prove space travel? Does my toy rocket launch prove ICBMs? To explain the radar, the shuttle is simply made out of a composite material to absorb (most) radar. It reflects just enough long enough to mimic normal material, but later becomes too faint to pick up. It's still there, you're just not detecting it.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »
Sutained space flight shouldn't be a problem as long as the person does not try and maintain a position above the earth. Good luck returning home though.

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 06:40:56 AM »
So what about the ISS?

Say i were to fly my space craft over the ice wall and away from earth, perpendicular to the direction in which the disk is moving, what external physical factors would be affecting me then? Would continuous power still be required?

You have a space craft?

Yes, I have observed the ISS several times. Also through a telescope. A lot of people I know have, and many, many more around the planet have seen it too. So what is your explanation for that?

Also, whether I have a space craft or not isn't really important. It's clearly a hypothetical question. So the question still stands. By the way I love how you dodge every question you seem unable to answer, shows a lot of confidence in your beliefs....such a troll  :P

Sutained space flight shouldn't be a problem as long as the person does not try and maintain a position above the earth. Good luck returning home though.

This is a more suitable answer to my question. So sustained space flight is not impossible?

?

Part of the Problem

• The Liberal
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »
This is a more suitable answer to my question. So sustained space flight is not impossible?

Obviously it is not impossible.  The sun, moon, and stars all prove that.
By eliminating all present contradicting possibilities you would arrive at the present truth. It's impossible to arrive at a future truth.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
Sounded simple enough to me. Why would an object need to be continuously powered to sustain space flight?

To obtain space flight in FET one would need to accelerate forever. Technology can not currently achieve such a feat.

Most people would say that a powered object that cut its propulsion would continue to move at the same speed under its own inertia. What is your take on this?

Yes, it would continue to move at its own speed. The problem is that the Earth, however, is accelerating. Thus the Earth will always catch up to an object attempting space flight unless the object is accelerating as well.

The earth is not accelerating upwards, as shown by variations in g at different places on earth. If you wish to dispute this, present evidence (including numerical data) of why it is not the case, or link to a thread (containing numerical data) of same.
If you do not do this, it will be taken as agreement that the earth has been proven not to be accelerating upwards.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »

No, I believe it would be possible if one were to "drop" off the edge or borrow through to the other side.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 10:15:43 AM »

The Dark Energy accelerates the Earth's disc and only the disc. Everything else is accelerated either indirectly, such as the Sun and Moon, or directly, such as you and me. Anything you send into space will not be accelerated via either of these ways, it will eventually come back down. That leads us to the statement, "if you don't have unlimited energy...sustained space flight is not possible."

Have you and I discussed dark energy before? I feel like we have. I thought it was you that was saying that dark energy is one of the many made up things that the "scientific orthodoxy" uses to explain away inconsistencies.

Dark Energy does not accelerate matter. It accelerates space. Which does not affect the matter that is sitting in the space. Which means no false g forces from accelerations, because technically, the matter isn't moving.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
so if we all agree its possible, why does the FAQ say it is not?

?

burt

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »

I thought its acceleration depended on what "reference frame" you were in and in a frame of reference out side of earth (i.e space) it was not accelerating?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:58:01 PM by burt »

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 03:38:38 PM »

The earth is not accelerating upwards, as shown by variations in g at different places on earth. If you wish to dispute this, present evidence (including numerical data) of why it is not the case, or link to a thread (containing numerical data) of same.
If you do not do this, it will be taken as agreement that the earth has been proven not to be accelerating upwards.

ITT: FE'ers concede there is evidence against earth accelerating upwards.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »
In the FE model sustained space flight would be impossible due to simple physics. As they have said the object would need a constant source of acceleration to keep the earth from catching back up to it. However, that acceleration force would need to be greater than 9.8 m/s^2, which is the accepted force of UA on the earth. The reason for this is because if an object is being accelerated by another object (like us by the earth) as soon as that object becomes detached from the object(or force) which is acting upon it, its acceleration stops. This is how the FE model works, as it explains the phonomenom RE'ers know as gravity.

Herein lies a flaw in the FE model however. We all observe many objects flying around the earth everyday, birds, planes etc, all maintaining a relative distance to the ground. So then the lift generated by an airplanes (or bird) wings would have to be greater than 9.8m/s^2 in order to lift off of the ground and gain altitude. Now that is mildly believable, as air movement over a wing can exert a good amount of force. But then how is a baloon simply filled with helium able to float into the sky? This would imply that the baloon is able to exert an acceleration force exceeding 9.8m/s^2.
One should not twist facts to suit theories, but instead twist theories to suit facts. This is the basis of every scientific method

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:35 PM »
My reindeer fly yet do not have wings to produce lift.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2012, 10:06:18 PM »
Herein lies a flaw in the FE model however. We all observe many objects flying around the earth everyday, birds, planes etc, all maintaining a relative distance to the ground. So then the lift generated by an airplanes (or bird) wings would have to be greater than 9.8m/s^2 in order to lift off of the ground and gain altitude. Now that is mildly believable, as air movement over a wing can exert a good amount of force. But then how is a baloon simply filled with helium able to float into the sky? This would imply that the baloon is able to exert an acceleration force exceeding 9.8m/s^2.

The helium floats because it's lighter than the air around it.  I really don't understand why you think there would be any difference in how it acts.  Are you familiar with Einstein's equivalence principle?  You should probably look it up before posting on this subject again.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 10:50:04 PM »
I understand that helium floats due to its relative weight to air, but you are corrent in that i did overlook the equivalence principle which I suppose would explain how UA seems to be used to explain gravity time and time again. They are both simple theories that cannot be proven, and in the same sense cannot be disproven for the time being
One should not twist facts to suit theories, but instead twist theories to suit facts. This is the basis of every scientific method

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 06:14:24 AM »
I understand that helium floats due to its relative weight to air, but you are corrent in that i did overlook the equivalence principle which I suppose would explain how UA seems to be used to explain gravity time and time again. They are both simple theories that cannot be proven, and in the same sense cannot be disproven for the time being

Simple theories yes but from what Ive read Einsteins principle is base off of the force of gravity, and from what I have read so far flat earth does not have gravity due to the upward acceleration of the earth. So theres still an unanswered question on the table. 
Because everything relates to niggarious'therum