How are there timezones

• 184 Replies
?

burt

Re: How are there timezones
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2012, 11:21:03 AM »
RE'ers resort to meta-arguments twice in the same thread. I would say "Yet another FE victory," but as a personal rule I only proclaim victory once per thread. Otherwise we'd end up with hundreds of victories per thread and I wouldn't get an accurate victory count.

argumentational decorum isn't a "meta-argument", but part of the argumentational process itself, so that it is not infiltrated with people triying to wiggle out of the basic requirements of a decent argument. meta-arguments are part of meta-philosophy and have nothing to do with the ethics of argumentation, meta-philosophy is the study of whether philosophy is legitimate area of study and why it is so. You are completely out of your element donny, sit back down and concentrate on the relevant aspects of our discussion.

Rushy

« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2012, 11:26:29 AM »
You are intentionally avoiding the argument by arguing about the argument. You're meta-arguing. Also I suggest you Google what meta-arguing is because you apparently don't understand what that is, either.

?

burt

« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
You are intentionally avoiding the argument by arguing about the argument. You're meta-arguing. Also I suggest you Google what meta-arguing is because you apparently don't understand what that is, either.

Projection is always a nice tactic. Arguing about arguing, that's a new one. I was simply stating that your decorum was abysmal, which is clearly a part of the proccess of arguing, not a meta-construct that envelopes it.

and actually I did google it, turns out I was right.

But, I will go along with your fanciful version of meta-argument and say in this case it is a completely legitimate call out. if you don't like it, it is because you obviously like breaking decorum without anyone calling you out on it, but when someone does call you out you claim a trollish auto-win.

now go back to my post, and you'll see that I was completely on-topic. waiting for a reply, thanks.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2012, 11:39:58 AM »
Obviously the Atmolayer obscures the Moon as well, as we don't see the Moon 24/7. Why do you believe that the Moon is creating special anti-refraction/reflection light?

It doesn't create any special anti-refraction/reflection light. The light that comes from the moon (the source is not important in the case) has the same properties as the light that is coming from the sun. So instead of deflecting the question with other questions, and asking me what I "believe," answer my question.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

?

burt

« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2012, 11:45:55 AM »
Obviously the Atmolayer obscures the Moon as well, as we don't see the Moon 24/7. Why do you believe that the Moon is creating special anti-refraction/reflection light?

we don't see the moon 24/7, but that doesn't mean the atmolayer obstructs it.

If the atmolayer obstrcuts the sun when it is night why at this time does it not also obstruct the moon, and conversly why, in the day, does it not also obstruct the sun when it is obstructing the moon.

How many times can I rephrase this legitimate question before rushy runs out of avoidance tactics.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2012, 11:47:32 AM »

If the atmolayer obstrcuts the sun when it is night why at this time does it not also obstruct the moon. and oncersly why does it not also obstrcuct the sun when it is obstructing the moon.

How many times can I rephrase this legitimate question before rushy runs out of avoidance tactics.

There's only three avoidance tactics. The only one I haven't seen used is "Incorrect."
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

Rushy

« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2012, 11:59:04 AM »

If the atmolayer obstrcuts the sun when it is night why at this time does it not also obstruct the moon, and conversly why, in the day, does it not also obstruct the sun when it is obstructing the moon.

The atmolayer does obstruct the Moon. Again, what leads you to believe that the Moon produces light immune to the atmolayer's effects?

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »

The atmolayer does obstruct the Moon. Again, what leads you to believe that the Moon produces light immune to the atmolayer's effects?

Again, stop deflecting. No one said it does, we're wondering how it's light is able to get through the atmosphere, while the sun's light, which is of much greater intensity, cannot. The sun cannot be seen for more that 5-9 hours during a single day, but the moon can be seen during the day and night times. As the moon is so dim, by this theory, it should get much dimmer as it moves towards the horizon, but it does not. It remains equally luminous throughout it's time in the visible part of the sky. Why is it that the sun completely disappears from view when it gives off so much light, but the moon does not, even though it gives much less?

?

burt

« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »
If the atmolayer obstrcuts the sun when it is night, why, at this time, does it not also obstruct the moon, and conversly why, in the day, does it not also obstruct the sun when it is obstructing the moon.

Rushy

« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2012, 01:21:23 PM »
Have you never seen the Moon and the Sun at the same time? The atmolayer doesn't decide on a personal bias on which one it happens to feel like blocking.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »
Have you never seen the Moon and the Sun at the same time?

Is this really a question?

The atmolayer doesn't decide on a personal bias on which one it happens to feel like blocking.

You're doing well with your usual form of "answering a question," by which I am not surprised. I suppose you should just keep on with the troll fest.

Rushy

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »

Well, this explains a lot. You don't understand the English language.

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2012, 02:30:32 PM »

Well, this explains a lot. You don't understand the English language.

I'm not sure if it was answered before but on the topic of the atmolayer how is it that we can see suns that are much further away than ours yet we can't see ours when it's nearly on top of us in the galactic scale.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2012, 06:37:45 PM »
the reason why i was asking is because the explanations given do not work.

i have shown that the sun does not work like a spotlight

i have shown that the atmosphere is not the reason why the sun cant be seen

thats why i was asking, again this topic cant answer the magic of night and day. if its so simple then why cant you guys provide a simple explanation?

but lets talk about the moon further as you are failing to grasp it.
the moon is not as bright as the sun. so how is it penetrating the atmosphere? it appears to show through exactly like the sun does. so do the stars for that matter and the stars give off much less light. so wouldnt we only see the moon and the stars when they are exactly overhead at the best of times? adding the slightest angle would surely block the light?
i wish real flat earth believer would jump in as surely a real believer would have a valid explanation.  ::)
surely a great zetetic mind would of witnessed the real answer for the fes?

Rushy

« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
I'm not sure if it was answered before but on the topic of the atmolayer how is it that we can see suns that are much further away than ours yet we can't see ours when it's nearly on top of us in the galactic scale.

1. Stars (other than the Sun, its classification as a "star" is debatable) are nothing more than small points of light approx. 3100 miles away.
2. Trigonometry. Take this right angle triangle for example:

Lets us suppose the sun is at point B. Line AC represents the disc of the Earth. An observer at C would see the Sun, while an observer at A would not. Why is this? The Sun's light has to penetrate a great deal more matter to get to point A than Point C. This is because the length of line AB is longer than line BC.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »

1. Stars (other than the Sun, its classification as a "star" is debatable) are nothing more than small points of light approx. 3100 miles away.

Lets us suppose the sun is at point B. Line AC represents the disc of the Earth. An observer at C would see the Sun, while an observer at A would not. Why is this? The Sun's light has to penetrate a great deal more matter to get to point A than Point C. This is because the length of line AB is longer than line BC.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,54253.msg1335518.html#msg1335518
 ::)

Rushy

« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2012, 09:16:07 PM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,54253.msg1335518.html#msg1335518

The flat Earth image you showed is correct. It is also the reason when people use airplanes, they can see "two sunsets" after take off. The upper atmolayer is less dense, allowing a longer viewing of the Sun than could be obtained otherwise. I assume by the smiley you think this is evidence for a round Earth, when in fact is just further supports a flat Earth. Thank you for contributing.

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »

The flat Earth image you showed is correct. It is also the reason when people use airplanes, they can see "two sunsets" after take off. The upper atmolayer is less dense, allowing a longer viewing of the Sun than could be obtained otherwise. I assume by the smiley you think this is evidence for a round Earth, when in fact is just further supports a flat Earth. Thank you for contributing.

If the "atomlayer" is less dense at altitude, how does that explain the sun rising again before setting? It should never really rise or fall. If it becomes less dense it should just gadually reappear through the "atmolayer" somewhere on the horizon. The reverse should happen at night. I don't know how a thicker "atmolayer" can account for a setting sun. Can you demonstrate this?

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »

ahh i see you also cant understand it...
you do realise what those images show? it is showing light traveling further than it should. if you cant see the sun then how can we still see the light from it? ahh man i cant even be bothered. you win.

Rushy

« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »

If the "atomlayer" is less dense at altitude, how does that explain the sun rising again before setting? It should never really rise or fall. If it becomes less dense it should just gadually reappear through the "atmolayer" somewhere on the horizon. The reverse should happen at night. I don't know how a thicker "atmolayer" can account for a setting sun. Can you demonstrate this?

It does gradually reappear. If you watch a sunrise or sunset, the light lingers before and after the Sun is in view. If you're asking why the Sun doesn't fade in like a slowly turned on light bulb, it sort of does. The Sun is simply too bright to really be noticed. I suggest you look at the Sun (wear eye protection, of course) during sunset or sunrise and compare it to the Sun at noon. The Sun will always be a great deal brighter at noon (or whatever point it is "highest" in the sky) then it is at any other point in time. You will also notice the Sun and Moon redshift when rising and whitening when highest in the sky. All of these notions are due to atmolayer density.

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2012, 09:52:53 PM »

It does gradually reappear. If you watch a sunrise or sunset, the light lingers before and after the Sun is in view. If you're asking why the Sun doesn't fade in like a slowly turned on light bulb, it sort of does. The Sun is simply too bright to really be noticed. I suggest you look at the Sun (wear eye protection, of course) during sunset or sunrise and compare it to the Sun at noon. The Sun will always be a great deal brighter at noon (or whatever point it is "highest" in the sky) then it is at any other point in time. You will also notice the Sun and Moon redshift when rising and whitening when highest in the sky. All of these notions are due to atmolayer density.

You...are...very...wrong. Trolling right? yes, you have to be. Are you blind? wait, do you have good vision? Do you use contacts?

Do you just start writing whatever comes to your head? Are you autistic? Or maybe down syndrome?

Don't stop writing though, I am getting a good laugh out of reading this. You keep me entertained.

Rushy

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
You...are...very...wrong. Trolling right? yes, you have to be. Are you blind? wait, do you have good vision? Do you use contacts?

Do you just start writing whatever comes to your head? Are you autistic? Or maybe down syndrome?

Don't stop writing though, I am getting a good laugh out of reading this. You keep me entertained.

The prospect of lurking eludes you.

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »
Keep going. Lurking eludes me. What els?

When you actually start making sense I will take you seriously.

Until then, please keep going.

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2012, 10:58:26 PM »
I think you've missed quite a few points, rushy (intentionally, of course).

The stars and moon are around the same height as the sun, but much dimmer.  Yet we can still see them when they would be just as far away as the setting sun.

The second point you glossed over is the sun lighting up clouds before it's even visible.  If the atmolayer stopping the light of the sun is preventing us from seeing it, why is light from the sun visible on the bottoms of clouds?
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2012, 11:36:16 PM »

You completely missed my point. If someone were to ask me how I'd imagine a fading sun due to the "atmolayer", I would imagaine the sun shrinking and blurring (but maintaining it's shape) as the darkness and denseness took over until it was gone. As the sun dips it no longer remains a full circle and it doesn't fade nearly enough even at sunset. That's not how a "normal" person would imagine a fading sun. You still are avoiding everyone else's points as well.

Rushy

« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
The stars and moon are around the same height as the sun, but much dimmer.  Yet we can still see them when they would be just as far away as the setting sun.

Brightness has nothing to do with penetration of the atmolayer, only distance. The point stars you see are much closer than the Sun at the point where you can see them but no longer see the Sun. Yes, there is a point on the horizon where you can see both the Sun and Stars at the same time.

The second point you glossed over is the sun lighting up clouds before it's even visible.  If the atmolayer stopping the light of the sun is preventing us from seeing it, why is light from the sun visible on the bottoms of clouds?

The light is reflecting off the clouds. You're seeing that light, not the light from the Sun itself, because the atmolayer is blocking the light of the Sun. Reflection and refraction only matter when light is continuously traveling a distance, if it bounces around multiple times it can avoid adverse effects. Basically, the Sun is farther away from you than the cloud and the cloud is also in less dense air. You can see the cloud but not the Sun, thus it looks like the cloud is lighting up magically, but it really isn't.

?

burt

« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »
I'll repeat it again, because Irush thinks he answered it, but has only really denied something that would be the consequence of an answer that would make sense. he understands the paradox, yet doesn't see it as a problem.

If the atmolayer obstrcuts the sun when it is night, why, at this time, does it not also obstruct the moon, and conversly why, in the day, does it not also obstruct the sun when it is obstructing the moon.

[edit: 3rd time]

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:21:56 AM by burt »

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2012, 08:36:01 AM »
Of course he won't give a proper answer, because he can't do so without undermining things he's already said. This is extremely common among FE'ers and highlights that they simply say anything to autodisagree with whatever the RE'ers are saying at that moment in time. Another good example of this is the ISS thread where Ichi was tricked into saying that the ISS looks like a plane, then saying it had big solar panels sticking out of it. He has been too spineless to come back and defend himself in that thread, again a principle used often by experienced FE'ers such as Tom Bishop, who run away the moment they realise they have no base to their argument.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Rushy

« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »
I've already given you the answer, burt, using trignometry in my previous post. If you really can't grasp basic trignometric distance then you don't meet the basic education requirements needed to debate on this site.

Of course he won't give a proper answer, because he can't do so without undermining things he's already said. This is extremely common among FE'ers and highlights that they simply say anything to autodisagree with whatever the RE'ers are saying at that moment in time. Another good example of this is the ISS thread where Ichi was tricked into saying that the ISS looks like a plane, then saying it had big solar panels sticking out of it. He has been too spineless to come back and defend himself in that thread, again a principle used often by experienced FE'ers such as Tom Bishop, who run away the moment they realise they have no base to their argument.

Do you do anything other than trying to start little RET circlejerks?

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
I've already given you the answer, burt, using trignometry in my previous post. If you really can't grasp basic trignometric distance then you don't meet the basic education requirements needed to debate on this site.

Do you do anything other than trying to start little RET circlejerks?

Do you do anything other than troll? You have been repeatedly asked why the light from different bodies is affected differently in your scenario, and you have failed to respond. My comment that you can't because it would undermine your previous statements proved to be correct, and so the only response you give is an insult.
What's it like being so predictable?  ;)
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.