How do Flat Earth Theorists explain Yuri Gagarin?

• 76 Replies
How do Flat Earth Theorists explain Yuri Gagarin?
« on: August 20, 2012, 02:14:10 PM »
Yes, Yuri Gagarin, the first man to journey into space. He made a complete orbit around the Earth in his Vostok Spacecraft in 1961. Proving, beyond a reasonable doubt that the Earth is in fact a globe, NOT a flat disk.

The best part, this had absolutely NOTHING to do with NASA. This was during the Cold War, a very tense part of the Cold War when the Soviet Union and United States were in a desperate race to develop stronger nuclear weapons. Also, the US and USSR were locked in a space race after the Soviets successfully launched "Sputnik 1" into orbit in October 1957.

In fact, Yuri Gagarin's successful orbit of the Earth in 1961 inspired Kennedy to set a much higher goal for the United States in the unofficial but obviously clear 'Space Race' in his 1962 speech at Rice University, "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

Since the Apollo Missions, not only has the Soviet Space Program confirmed the success of the Apollo program (putting 12 men on the moon over several missions) from the Soviet lunar satellites. But also the European, Japanese and recently the Chinese space agencies have confirmed the evidence of humans being on the moon. Including the photographs of the American flag on the moon from lunar satellites.

Sorry you crackpot flat Earth believers. Well, to be honest I don't think you honestly believe the Earth is flat. I think you're just trolling your own site. That or you're just trying to argue for the hell of it. But if that's the case, I suggest a healthy dose of vagina. You will be surprised what getting laid, often, will do for your boredom issues.

A piece on Yuri from Russia Today:
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Yuri Gagarin: 108 minutes that changed the world

Also watch the documentary called: "First Orbit".. It's available for free on YouTube. Then tell me it's 'fake'.
"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature."  - Adolf Hitler

Rushy

Re: How do Flat Earth Theorists explain Yuri Gagarin?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »
Yuri momentarily rode the aether currents that keep the Sun and Moon in rotation above the disc.

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:25:54 PM »
Yuri momentarily rode the aether currents that keep the Sun and Moon in rotation above the disc.

Can you prove mathematically or with empiric data that this "Aether" exists?

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:53:42 PM »

Breathe in, now, breathe out.

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:57:04 PM »

Are you saying the atmosphere holds the sun and the moon up in space, and it also makes them rotate?

Rushy

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 06:00:30 PM »

Are you saying the atmosphere holds the sun and the moon up in space, and it also makes them rotate?

Of course.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
The Russians were also doing everything they could to make themselves look superior to the US.  Is it inconceivable that they lied to get the coveted "First Man In Space" position?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 07:32:20 PM »

???  Umm...  Are you saying that aether is air?  I'm thinking that John Davis (plus just about anyone else who believes in aether) would disagree with you on that.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 07:33:52 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rushy

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 08:01:58 PM »
???  Umm...  Are you saying that aether is air?  I'm thinking that John Davis (plus just about anyone else who believes in aether) would disagree with you on that.

People disagreeing with me? Gosh, I better retract my statement if that happens!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 08:09:30 PM »

People disagreeing with me? Gosh, I better retract my statement if that happens!

Or, I don't know, maybe you could try to support your statement.  Or, you could learn what aether is so that your trolling would seem less obvious.

Rushy

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »
Or, I don't know, maybe you could try to support your statement.  Or, you could learn what aether is so that your trolling would seem less obvious.

Aether is yet isn't air. It's the same thing, but not. It's like a car but more like an SUV but it still has four wheels it's just us wee folk can't afford the bigger package. You know.

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 10:29:37 PM »

Aether is yet isn't air. It's the same thing, but not. It's like a car but more like an SUV but it still has four wheels it's just us wee folk can't afford the bigger package. You know.

That is a terrible attempt of trolling. It isn't even funny.

Rushy

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 10:47:29 PM »
That is a terrible attempt of trolling. It isn't even funny.

Ah, the last attempt of a defeated round Earth zealot, personal attacks. How does it feel having your disastrous theory torn apart to the point where you don't even try to defend it anymore?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 11:47:04 PM »

I think it's much more likely that the Soviets simply lied about it all.

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 12:45:20 AM »

I think it's much more likely that the Soviets simply lied about it all.

And that the US and other western countries said nothing.
And that amateur radio-astronomers and astronomers said nothing.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 01:48:24 AM »
058 - 3223X9053R - NASA - What Happened on the Moon - 2 of 2

Start watching at the 42:30 mark. It goes over the faking of the Yuri Gagarin mission.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 01:51:41 AM »
Also, Yuri Gagarin said in an interview that he recalls witnessing an absolutely beautiful star scape above the earth. This is in direct contradiction with NASA photographs, and what the astronauts on the Apollo and Space Shuttle missions said while in orbit around the earth.

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 02:02:28 AM »
Astronauts have said you can't see stars while in orbit?
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 02:09:35 AM »
And that the US and other western countries said nothing.

No western country even was even claiming to have the technical capability of detecting a rocket launch on the other side of the world in 1961.

Even the countries today that claim to have satellites with IR cameras can't truly detect a rocket launch in another country if space travel is impossible and those satellites don't exist. Hence, it would be difficult for one country with a fake space program to expose another one. It takes a real space program to detect a fake one.

Astronauts have said you can't see stars while in orbit?

Correct. The Apollo astronauts were even saying that they couldn't see stars from the moon.

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 02:49:21 AM »
Irushwithscvs is an obvious troll. I don't know why anyone replies to his posts. Maybe someday he will convince an extremely large woman to be his girlfriend, and who knows.... Maybe even take his virginity. But until then you just have to ignore his ridiculous posts and take them for what they are. Trolling.

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 02:54:49 AM »
Alright, so the Soviet Union is "in on it" too.

Obvious trolls are obvious.

Why do you troll your own site though? Isn't that borderline pathetic?

?

MrT

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 04:07:26 AM »
Correct. The Apollo astronauts were even saying that they couldn't see stars from the moon.

Do you have a source for this?  Never heard this before (mostly the starts from orbit thing).  Since they were in the sunlight on the Moon, it wouldn't seem that strange to me if it was difficult to see the stars.  But in orbit, particularly while above the night side of the Earth, I would think they would be able to see the stars quite well.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:15:02 AM by MrT »
The above is not meant to be an attack or inflammatory, it's just what I think.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
I don't understand

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 04:39:21 AM »
The Apollo astronauts were even saying that they couldn't see stars from the moon.

Do you have a source for this?  I've heard that they're no brighter than on earth (i.e. difficult to see if there's any light pollution) but not that they were absent.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 05:27:24 AM »

So, you have no idea of what aether is.  Good to know.

Also, Yuri Gagarin said in an interview that he recalls witnessing an absolutely beautiful star scape above the earth. This is in direct contradiction with NASA photographs, and what the astronauts on the Apollo and Space Shuttle missions said while in orbit around the earth.

Tom, "witnessing an absolutely beautiful star scape" from the surface of the earth contradicts many night time photographs and observations from people in large metropolitan areas.

Rushy

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 06:31:57 AM »
Tom, "witnessing an absolutely beautiful star scape" from the surface of the earth contradicts many night time photographs and observations from people in large metropolitan areas.

I'm sure Tom forgot that during the Apollo missions the space cities were already blocking out all of the beautiful views.

Do you have a specific problem with my description?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:33:28 AM by Irushwithscvs »

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 07:02:12 AM »

Start watching at the 42:30 mark. It goes over the faking of the Yuri Gagarin mission.
Thanks for posting this Tom. Maybe someone will watch it and see the space programs lies for what they are.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 07:45:29 AM »
Thanks for posting this Tom. Maybe someone will watch it and see the space programs lies for what they are.

Or they'll watch it and realize the Truth, which is that if you spend enough time poring endlessly over anything you'll probably find small details that look weird.  So either everything ever is a hoax, or we should be expecting a bit more out of silly videos like this before believing such things.

?

burt

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 08:07:27 AM »

I'm sure Tom forgot that during the Apollo missions the space cities were already blocking out all of the beautiful views.

Do you have a specific problem with my description?

Yeah. I think he made it obvious: You (rushy). don't.  know. what. aether. is.

Plus, it was not a description but two internally contradictory statements concatanated with a nonsensical analogy.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:10:34 AM by burt »

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 08:21:28 AM »

Wait...are they suggesting...it can't be...you mean to tell me...that the Soviet Union's state-run media corp...WAS JUST A PROPAGANDA MACHINE?!?!?!?!?!  But I always thought that the Soviet Union was the bastion of journalistic integrity!

Oh, and I'm pretty sure my signature applies here, too.  You said it yourself.

No western country even was even claiming to have the technical capability of detecting a rocket launch on the other side of the world in 1961.

Even the countries today that claim to have satellites with IR cameras can't truly detect a rocket launch in another country if space travel is impossible and those satellites don't exist. Hence, it would be difficult for one country with a fake space program to expose another one. It takes a real space program to detect a fake one.
As I've already demonstrated, ham radio operators have already detected dozens of space flights and vehicles, and they have proven beyond all doubt not only that artificial satellites orbit the Earth, but also that human beings have walked on the surface of the Moon.

The Earth is a globe.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 08:23:46 AM »

Or they'll watch it and realize the Truth, which is that if you spend enough time poring endlessly over anything you'll probably find small details that look weird.  So either everything ever is a hoax, or we should be expecting a bit more out of silly videos like this before believing such things.
Or you can overlook all the small details that prove the hoax. And keep on believing the lies.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth