Magnetic Field in Flat Earth Theory

• 19 Replies
Magnetic Field in Flat Earth Theory
« on: August 16, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »
If the Earth is flat, how is our magnetic field generated?

In the Round Earth model, the magnetic field is created by the motion of the Earth's molten iron outer core around the solid nickel-iron alloy inner core.

So how exactly would this be generated in a flat disc, or whatever the popular flat Earth model is? Also, how would a compass work in this model? If you travel south long enough on a spherical Earth, eventually you'd be going north. Where in a flat Earth, this wouldn't be the case.
"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature."  - Adolf Hitler

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
Re: Magnetic Field in Flat Earth Theory
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:28:01 PM »
The earth's magnetic field is probably generated by a georeactor.  Your compass sees a pole wherever the field lines vertical component is large. The compass is no longer able to find the north pole at these points. These points are directly above the georeactor and at some distance away in the remote rimcountry.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 08:33:30 AM »

In the Round Earth model, the magnetic field is created by the motion of the Earth's molten iron outer core around the solid nickel-iron alloy inner core.

So how exactly would this be generated in a flat disc, or whatever the popular flat Earth model is? Also, how would a compass work in this model? If you travel south long enough on a spherical Earth, eventually you'd be going north. Where in a flat Earth, this wouldn't be the case.

How do you know what the core is made of?
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:18:12 AM »
The magnetic field is caused by molten convection currents inside the Earth's disc. This is the same thing that causes generic continental drift and earthquakes.

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 03:04:00 PM »

He doesn't know, he's just making hypothesis.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 06:07:47 AM »

He doesn't know, he's just making hypothesis.

I like hypothesis. Let's test it. You have any high-energy sonar equipment?
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 01:29:13 PM »

Scientific research and technology. How do you know the Earth is a flat disc? Even though you must hand wave all of the photos take from Earth's orbit, which have not only been taken by NASA but the Russian, Japanese, Chinese and European space agencies. So this has to be a worldwide conspiracy since NASA is not the only one to explore space. In fact, arguably the biggest 'enemy of the state' in United States History (the Soviet Union) have a well documented space program. It includes countless photos of the Earth (pictured as a globe) as well as manned orbits around the Earth. In fact, the Soviets beat NASA to space. Yuri Gagarin was the first man to journey into outer space. In 1961, Yuri Gagarin made a complete orbit around the Earth in his Vostok Spacecraft. He is long dead but there is plenty of information on him, including a recording his journey AROUND the Earth. A little Google search will prove it.
"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature."  - Adolf Hitler

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 04:56:05 AM »

Scientific research and technology. How do you know the Earth is a flat disc? Even though you must hand wave all of the photos take from Earth's orbit, which have not only been taken by NASA but the Russian, Japanese, Chinese and European space agencies. So this has to be a worldwide conspiracy since NASA is not the only one to explore space. In fact, arguably the biggest 'enemy of the state' in United States History (the Soviet Union) have a well documented space program. It includes countless photos of the Earth (pictured as a globe) as well as manned orbits around the Earth. In fact, the Soviets beat NASA to space. Yuri Gagarin was the first man to journey into outer space. In 1961, Yuri Gagarin made a complete orbit around the Earth in his Vostok Spacecraft. He is long dead but there is plenty of information on him, including a recording his journey AROUND the Earth. A little Google search will prove it.

Hm. Have you ever heard the term "devil's advocate"?

What type of of scientific research and technology told you what the core is made out of?

And how exactly did you come to assume I support this "Flat Earth" theory? Just because I asked you a question? Look at some of my other posts. In fact, look at the one and only thread I started. I think you'll find that your accusing me of being an FEer is quite baseless.

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »

Really?

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4566482_we-what-earths-core-made.html

The REAL question is, how do YOU know that the magnetic fields are generated by magical little leprechauns with unicorns and wizards or whatever goofy junk you guys make up to circumstantially defend preconceived claims?  Remember, YOU are the Flat Earth guys.  It should be your jobs to promote Flat Earth theory and not debunk Round Earth theory.  If you prove Flat Earth theory, it will, in turn, disprove Round Earth theory.  So, why don't you guys ever just stay on topic and show us PROOF of the stuff you guys are saying?  I don't want you guys to disprove that the core is made of iron, I want you to PROVE that the core is made of whatever goofy garbage you say it is.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:25:34 PM by KristaGurl »
...does anyone find it funny that the Flat Earth model is actually round?

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »

Really?

The REAL question is, how do YOU know that the magnetic fields are generated by magical little leprechauns with unicorns and wizards or whatever goofy junk you guys make up to circumstantially defend preconceived claims?  Remember, YOU are the Flat Earth guys.  It should be your jobs to promote Flat Earth theory and not debunk Round Earth theory.  If you prove Flat Earth theory, it will, in turn, disprove Round Earth theory.  So, why don't you guys ever just stay on topic and show us PROOF of the stuff you guys are saying?  I don't want you guys to disprove that the core is made of iron, I want you to PROVE that the core is made of whatever goofy garbage you say it is.

Sweet Jesus, did you not read the post I made after that one?

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 01:11:06 PM »

Really?

You asked a question, I answered it.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »

Really?

You asked a question, I answered it.

And yet, that's two people that have accused me of supporting Flat Earth, when in fact the exact opposite is true, and you would know this, if you had bothered to read any of my other posts anywhere else on these forums.

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
And yet, that's two people that have accused me of supporting Flat Earth, when in fact the exact opposite is true, and you would know this, if you had bothered to read any of my other posts anywhere else on these forums.

I understand... you were playing devil's advocate, you're a RE'er... yada yada yada.

You asked a question, I answered it.  That's all that happened.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »

I understand... you were playing devil's advocate, you're a RE'er... yada yada yada.

No I was actually legitimately asking a question. I didn't read your source. But my older sister is a geologist. I know there's equipment that can be used to measure wave propagation through the earth, and I know that from the way the waves propagate, we can determine the densities of the substances at varying distances (altitudes?) underneath and within the crust. But currently we can not know for sure what the core is made of, because no one has ever taken a core sample of the Earth.

EDIT: I just saw where my post said "older system", I changed it... it now correctly says sister.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:58:50 AM by ThinkingMan »

?

burt

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 06:31:06 PM »

No I was actually legitimately asking a question. I didn't read your source. But my older system is a geologist. I know there's equipment that can be used to measure wave propagation through the earth, and I know that from the way the waves propagate, we can determine the densities of the substances at varying distances (altitudes?) underneath and within the crust. But currently we can not know for sure what the core is made of, because no one has ever taken a core sample of the Earth.

Ok, now fulfill your role as Devil's Advocate. What other possible explanation, that is controversial, are you advocating?

Unless, of course, it was not Devil's Advocate you were playing.

If none, then please look up the meaning of Devil's Advocate.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 06:00:53 AM »

No I was actually legitimately asking a question. I didn't read your source. But my older system is a geologist. I know there's equipment that can be used to measure wave propagation through the earth, and I know that from the way the waves propagate, we can determine the densities of the substances at varying distances (altitudes?) underneath and within the crust. But currently we can not know for sure what the core is made of, because no one has ever taken a core sample of the Earth.

Ok, now fulfill your role as Devil's Advocate. What other possible explanation, that is controversial, are you advocating?

I can shift in my seat burt. You mad bro?

But no seriously, at first I was playing devils advocate. Then I got bored with it, and explained that I understand. I'm no longer advocating any other possible explanation. I gave up, because I have no other possible explanation. It's my sister who's the geologist, not I.

?

burt

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 06:18:43 AM »

But no seriously, at first I was playing devils advocate. Then I got bored with it, and explained that I understand. I'm no longer advocating any other possible explanation. I gave up, because I have no other possible explanation. It's my sister who's the geologist, not I.

My point is that you were never playing devil's advocate, though you were being a contrarian.

I am not mad, just a pedantic Tw*t

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »

My point is that you were never playing devil's advocate, though you were being a contrarian.

I am not mad, just a pedantic Tw*t

Do not hinder me while I am being a jackass!!!!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 07:52:18 AM »

Do you want me to hinder you for being a jackass?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

Do you want me to hinder you for being a jackass?

Oh... Hi. I guess not. I'll get back in line.