ISS proved to be what it's claimed to be, i.e a Satellite.

• 185 Replies

Lorddave

Re: ISS proved to be what it's claimed to be, i.e a Satellite.
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
A 227 ton man-made space vehicle? Please, this isn't Stargate.

You've been told already that argumentum ad ridiculum is no defence in this thread. Repeating the same stuff won't make you more correct.

Interesting that Ichi has gone quiet when asked to defend his two conflicting statements that the ISS both looks like a plane and has a big branch of solar panels. I suggest that he was not truthful about observing it with his telescope.
Not one person has presented any refutation of my original post that the ISS can be proved to be an object in orbit and not an aircraft, regardless of what it looks like up close, simply from its positions and movements.
Another win for RE.
False.
All you've shown is that you can see an object in the sky.  You have no evidence to say it is at the altitude needed for orbit.  It could easily be a large plane with a flat bottom that's painted to resemble what you would ordinarily see.  The fuel could easily be delivered while the ISS was over an ocean where there are virtually no viewers.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »

You've been told already that argumentum ad ridiculum is no defence in this thread. Repeating the same stuff won't make you more correct.

Interesting that Ichi has gone quiet when asked to defend his two conflicting statements that the ISS both looks like a plane and has a big branch of solar panels. I suggest that he was not truthful about observing it with his telescope.
Not one person has presented any refutation of my original post that the ISS can be proved to be an object in orbit and not an aircraft, regardless of what it looks like up close, simply from its positions and movements.
Another win for RE.
False.
All you've shown is that you can see an object in the sky.  You have no evidence to say it is at the altitude needed for orbit.  It could easily be a large plane with a flat bottom that's painted to resemble what you would ordinarily see.  The fuel could easily be delivered while the ISS was over an ocean where there are virtually no viewers.

Easily?  I think you should look up the definition of that word, and then look up how many places in the world you can see the ISS and the speed it would need to be going at.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »

Another win for RE.
False.

Did you actually bother to read the first page in this thread? Clearly not. I even provide some quick and dirty maths to show how the minimum height possible for the ISS exceeds that at which planes fly, and it has also been demonstrated in this thread that it appears at the times it's predicted to in the locations it's predicted to. In fact, since starting this thread, I've also found a large community of worldwide ISS followers exists on Twitter, who post up pictures of it passing overhead often within minutes of it happening. This makes an admirable set of data checkers, don't you think?
I know it's the fashionable thing to play Autodisagree With TK, but really, do some joined up thinking.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2012, 12:38:09 AM »

Another win for RE.
False.

Did you actually bother to read the first page in this thread? Clearly not. I even provide some quick and dirty maths to show how the minimum height possible for the ISS exceeds that at which planes fly, and it has also been demonstrated in this thread that it appears at the times it's predicted to in the locations it's predicted to. In fact, since starting this thread, I've also found a large community of worldwide ISS followers exists on Twitter, who post up pictures of it passing overhead often within minutes of it happening. This makes an admirable set of data checkers, don't you think?
I know it's the fashionable thing to play Autodisagree With TK, but really, do some joined up thinking.

This is exactly right. If the ISS is passing directly over the middle of a country, chances are that a fair percentance of the population would be able to see it at the same time, due to it's height. Would this be possible with a plane? The ISS passes quite quickly depending on where it passes, anywhere between 1 to 5 mins max. With a commercial airliner at high enough to leave a jet-wash that would take far longer to pass by.

Lorddave

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2012, 05:38:43 AM »
Speed can be fooled by perception.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2012, 06:18:53 AM »

Please do elaborate.  This is some weak devil's advocacy you're doing here.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Rushy

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »
The ISS is most likely a holographic projection, a simple task considering that the object can be "painted" into the sky, unlike a true 3D projection.

Lorddave

« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2012, 06:52:19 AM »

Please do elaborate.  This is some weak devil's advocacy you're doing here.
No. Weak trolling.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2012, 06:58:19 AM »
No. Weak trolling.

Well at least you admit it.

« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2012, 07:48:22 AM »
The ISS is most likely a holographic projection, a simple task considering that the object can be "painted" into the sky, unlike a true 3D projection.

From where would it be projected?
Sources for saying its a simple task?
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

burt

« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »

From where would it be projected?
Sources for saying its a simple task?

It's a load of moonshine.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2012, 04:01:07 PM »
I note that despite being active in other parts of the forum, Ichimaru Gin has slithered awayfrom this thread now it's been revealed he's talking nonsense. FET is unable to counter this proof. Flat Earth disproved yet again.  ;D
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

Ichimaru Gin :]

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
I note that despite being active in other parts of the forum, Ichimaru Gin has slithered awayfrom this thread now it's been revealed he's talking nonsense. FET is unable to counter this proof. Flat Earth disproved yet again.  ;D
I've been away for the week due to studying for boards.

You haven't reveled anything. "SATELITTES DON"T LOOK LIKE PLANES!" has basically been all of the ingenuity you've able to muster (and what a struggle even that was for you) when in fact you're resting on a strawman. Did you come up with that all by yourself widdle knowledge?
 Maybe if you were more interesting I would have checked back during studying this past week. You are but a flea on the back of a glorious tiger.
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

burt

« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2012, 06:56:21 AM »

You haven't reveled anything. "SATELITTES DON"T LOOK LIKE PLANES!" has basically been all of the ingenuity you've able to muster (and what a struggle even that was for you) when in fact you're resting on a strawman. Did you come up with that all by yourself widdle knowledge?
 Maybe if you were more interesting I would have checked back during studying this past week. You are but a flea on the back of a glorious tiger.

Someone is in the throws of resentment.

you contradicted yourself, whose fault is that?

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2012, 07:19:23 AM »

You haven't reveled anything. "SATELITTES DON"T LOOK LIKE PLANES!" has basically been all of the ingenuity you've able to muster

You have been actively posting in the lower sewers of the forum. Don't give me the "I've been busy" lies. Your post history is viewable by everyone.

You have also just made it look like you never read the OP, who needs RE'ers to scorch your posts when you do such a good job yourself?  :D

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2012, 08:47:07 AM »

Someone is in the throws of resentment.

you contradicted yourself, whose fault is that?
Where did I contradict myself?
I saw a slight haze in the hotel bathroom this morning after I took a shower, have I discovered a new planet?

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »
Where did I contradict myself?

Probably the solar branch gave it away.

Quote from: Ichimaru Gin
it looks an awful lot like a plane when I was using a telescope.

Right there, sunshine.  ;)

• Undefeated FEer
  • Planar Moderator
  • Semper vigilans
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
Well there is no reason one set of the solar panel branches should appear larger than a commercial jet in my telescope. Especially at the supposed distance above earth.
If you concentrate for more than two posts, you could comprehend that my statement is based on sizing.

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2012, 05:38:23 PM »
Well there is no reason one set of the solar panel branches should appear larger than a commercial jet in my telescope. Especially at the supposed distance above earth.
If you concentrate for more than two posts, you could comprehend that my statement is based on sizing.

Eh? You say it looks like a plane in your first quote. It's in this thread, go back and read it. You don't say it's the size of a plane, you don't say it's bigger than a plane, you don't say it's smaller than a plane, in that post you say "it looks an awful lot like a plane".
Meaning "it doesn't look like a space station", independent of size. That's the only way a rational person would interpret what you said in that post.
THEN after much dithering and havering, you mention that you knew it was the ISS because it had a big solar array on it. Whether you thought it was bigger, smaller, or the same size as a plane is neither here nor there, admitting it had a whopping great solar array is admitting that it doesn't look like a plane.
Still, I'll give you 9/10 for effort, even with the minus several million for achievement.  :-*

Rushy

« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »
I wasn't aware that describing something relative to one object makes it mutually exclusive to all other objects in the universe.

?

burt

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2012, 07:15:11 AM »
I wasn't aware that describing something relative to one object makes it mutually exclusive to all other objects in the universe.

I wasn't aware that you consistently speak rubbish.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2012, 07:20:54 AM »

You are not aware?

?

burt

« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »

You are not aware?

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2012, 10:05:09 AM »
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/ARISS/Contact%20the%20ISS-Ford-Jun10%20QST.pdf

You can also build a relatively simple radio antenna and have a conversation with astronauts on the ISS.  It's easier than you'd think.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

Rushy

« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2012, 10:46:46 AM »
Fitting a radio antenna onto a UAV with actors playing roles on the other end isn't a difficult task.

« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »
Fitting a radio antenna onto a UAV with actors playing roles on the other end isn't a difficult task.

Proving thet the ISS doesn't exist, on the other hand, seems to be an impossible task.

Rushy

« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2012, 10:55:22 AM »
It depends on what you define as the "ISS." The ISS as NASA defines it does not exist. The bright object flying through the sky, however, does in fact exist. One does not need to accept both.

« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2012, 11:05:30 AM »
It depends on what you define as the "ISS." The ISS as NASA defines it does not exist. The bright object flying through the sky, however, does in fact exist. One does not need to accept both.

Nice loont idea. Funny but stupid (unless you have some grounds for this idea).

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »
Im going to start calling Rushy Tom's alter ego. He speaks just as nonsensical as Tom and even has a better hint at trolling. Fantastic Rushy! keep up the Tom foolery! haha get it!

?

The Knowledge

« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2012, 11:32:22 AM »

That's because you don't bother to read posts in this thread. Sorry, but if you are going to attempt to contribute to the discussion you will be expected to do that. Then you'd realise that Ichi's comment about the solar panels was in response to my question "how did you know it was the ISS and not something else?".