How old is Earth according to FE?

• 20 Replies
?

dado

How old is Earth according to FE?
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:47 AM »
... how old?

WardoggKC130FE

• What website is that? MadeUpMonkeyShit.com?
Re: How old is Earth according to FE?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 07:10:01 AM »
Why would the age be any different than in RET? 

?

dado

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:10:53 AM »
many reasons, so... how old is it FEers?

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 07:25:53 AM »
4.54 billion years old.

?

yagerasrehtreatalf

• I like Spheres
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 07:37:06 AM »
Probably depends on person to person, my guess most are religious(Christians). So they will probably say 10,000 years according to the bible.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 07:40:23 AM »
Probably depends on person to person, my guess most are religious(Christians). So they will probably say 10,000 years according to the bible.

Uhhh do you not understand numbers?

4.54 billion years old.

Here I will help you out.   Four billion five hundred and forty thousand years old. 

Did that one get through to you?

?

yagerasrehtreatalf

• I like Spheres
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 07:44:20 AM »

4.54 billion years old.

Here I will help you out.   Four billion five hundred and forty thousand years old. 

Oh sorry i didn't know you spoke for the whole flat earth society.

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 07:46:12 AM »
Well you are new, so it's understandable that you would make that mistake.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 10:38:57 AM »

4.54 billion years old.

Perhaps I should help you, as you seem to have a hard time with numbers yourself. 4.54 billion. Four billion, five hundred and forty million years old.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

?

dado

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 11:50:21 AM »
it's 10.000, not if you are a christian, but a creationist... big difference.
so, there isn't a unanimous stand on earth's age by FEs?

Rushy

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
FET generally accepts the consensus of the universe's age based on the expansion and background radiation of the universe. Which is to say, approximately 14.56 billion years. We also accept the general consensus of the Earth's age based on geological data and various other studies which is approximately 4.54 billion years.

FET being related to religion is actually a myth created by RET to make FET look less plausible. In actuality, mainstream religion (such as the Catholic Church) has always accepted the idea of RET.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:16:28 PM by Irushwithscvs »

?

dado

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 12:17:35 PM »
FET generally accepts the consensus of the universe's age based on the expansion and background radiation of the universe. Which is to say, approximately 14.56 billion years. We also accept the general consensus of the Earth's age based on geological data and various other studies which is approximately 4.54 billion years.

FET being related to religion is actually a myth created by RET to make FET look less plausible. In actuality, mainstream religion (such as the Catholic Church) has always accepted the idea of RET.
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo,
how exactly does Geology work under FE conditions?
Oh, and is Earth the center of the universe according FE?

Rushy

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 12:21:23 PM »

The shape of the Earth is irrelevant to geology. Perhaps you're thinking of geodesy?

Oh, and is Earth the center of the universe according FE?

All things relative, the Earth is indeed the center of our universe. A "center" is an arbitrary value with no real meaning. Thus it is easiest to place it at our world. How would one benefit from it being anywhere else?

?

dado

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 04:30:08 PM »

The shape of the Earth is irrelevant to geology. Perhaps you're thinking of geodesy?

Yes it is, and no I am not thinking geodesy...
Tectonic plates fall in to geology...

WardoggKC130FE

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »

4.54 billion years old.

Perhaps I should help you, as you seem to have a hard time with numbers yourself. 4.54 billion. Four billion, five hundred and forty million years old.

Good catch, Thanks.

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »
The last chapter of Earth Not a Globe Rowbotham cites:

...Not only is it readily demonstrable that the material world was brought into being rapidly, perfect in structure, and fully sufficient in all its conditions--but that only a few thousand years have elapsed since it began to change in form and character. Mental and moral confusion, followed by decomposition and chemical and electric action, sufficient to ignite a great portion of the earth, and to reduce it to a molten, incandescent state. Hence, for ages the earth has been on fire.

This falls in line with the Biblical age of the earth - approx 6000 years.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »

Actually, plate tectonics overlaps into geodesy as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geodesy
Geodesy (play height=11 /dʒiːˈɒdɨsi/),[1] also named geodetics, a branch of earth sciences, is the scientific discipline that deals with the measurement and representation of the Earth, including its gravitational field, in a three-dimensional time-varying space. Geodesists also study geodynamical phenomena such as crustal motion, tides, and polar motion. For this they design global and national control networks, using space and terrestrial techniques while relying on datums and coordinate systems.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 06:34:46 PM »
FET generally accepts the consensus of the universe's age based on the expansion and background radiation of the universe.

Since when do FE'ers trust NASA data about the size and shape of the universe?  Or much of anything, for that matter?  ???

Rushy

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 08:27:25 PM »
Since when do FE'ers trust NASA data about the size and shape of the universe?  Or much of anything, for that matter?  ???

That type of data does not have a single source (NASA). Anyone can build a telescope and look at red-shifted galaxies. It isn't an entirely difficult thing to do.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,55182.msg1369593.html#msg1369593

That topic has been done over many times. Please use the search feature. Also, Plate Tectonics is simply a theory, you're thinking of continental drift. Continental drift is irrelevant to the Earth's shape.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:29:18 PM by Irushwithscvs »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 05:12:21 AM »

That type of data does not have a single source (NASA). Anyone can build a telescope and look at red-shifted galaxies. It isn't an entirely difficult thing to do.

However, measuring the background radiation does require some very sophisticated (and expensive) equipment.  Not to mention the fact that this data completely contradicts the notion that the heavenly bodies are about 3100 miles above the FE.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:13:59 AM by markjo »

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 05:52:45 AM »

Neither does verifiable evidence of spaceflight and moon landings.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.