Evidence

• 7 Replies
Evidence
« on: August 15, 2013, 03:42:31 AM »
I would like to know why every piece of evidence for a round earth is just brushed aside as fake and wrong and you pick that bits that support your idea. Iv been on planes and seen the curvature of the earth, how can you explain that. And if the earth is not round how do satellites work, and don't say cell phone towers because you can use a satnav where there is no phone signal

?

Adolf Hipster

Re: Evidence
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 04:44:25 AM »
You can't see curvature from less than 60,000 ft. in the air. The commercial planes I would imagine you flew in only fly 30,000 - 35,000 ft.. You wouldn't be able to see the curvature.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 04:57:38 AM »
First if all you can see curvature from 30,000 feet, secondly how do you know you can only see it from 60,000 feet if you say it isn't there. Also how do you explain gravity if the earth isn't round, but there is weaker gravity on the top of mountains and lower air pressure the higher up you go. If it was just the flat earth accelerating at 9.81 ms^-2 then the pressure would be the same higher up

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 06:23:50 AM »
You can't see curvature from less than 60,000 ft. in the air. The commercial planes I would imagine you flew in only fly 30,000 - 35,000 ft.. You wouldn't be able to see the curvature.

Commercial planes regularly top 40,000ft, but that is moot.

First if all you can see curvature from 30,000 feet, secondly how do you know you can only see it from 60,000 feet if you say it isn't there. Also how do you explain gravity if the earth isn't round, but there is weaker gravity on the top of mountains and lower air pressure the higher up you go. If it was just the flat earth accelerating at 9.81 ms^-2 then the pressure would be the same higher up

I think he believes in a RE man, just saying that you cannot see significant curvature at commercial plane altitudes.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

Adolf Hipster

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 05:55:27 PM »
1) Incorrect.
2) Incorrect.
3) As far as I'm concerned gravity doesn't exist.
4) You just answered your own question.
5) Not all FEers subscribe to UA.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »
Lower air pressure and also weaker gravity on the top of mountains. It simply cannot be just air pressure being your gravity can it, It has to be this unknown gravity that perfectly emulates air pressure.

Do people not see this, or just refuse to accept this simple explanation?

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
Lower air pressure and also weaker gravity on the top of mountains. It simply cannot be just air pressure being your gravity can it, It has to be this unknown gravity that perfectly emulates air pressure.

Do people not see this, or just refuse to accept this simple explanation?

Scepti, Air pressure does not account for the observable effects of gravity. For one, gravity is responsible for air pressure even being a thing.

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 01:45:42 AM »
Don't let Scepti get into his air pressure thing here. There's a thread for that: http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php/topic,59595.120/topicseen.html#.UhCI0pK1Exg