Most harmful drugs

• 46 Replies
?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
Most harmful drugs
« on: August 06, 2012, 01:43:45 PM »
http://neurobonkers.com/2012/08/06/the-largest-ever-study-in-to-drug-harms-places-alcohol-in-the-top-four/

Interesting study one of my friends pointed me too.  I haven't looked to deeply into the study but I will do some more research.  I do wonder why cigarettes/tobacco weren't included in the study.  Do they not count as drugs?
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
  • King of charred bones and cooked meat
Re: Most harmful drugs
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 02:20:16 PM »
Nico means nicotine, no?
No but I'm guess your what? 90? Cause you just so darn mature </sarcasm>

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 02:27:26 PM »
A study of 292 people. Well that sounds definitive.

I've never met anyone who takes Heroine. I knew someone who died from taking oral anabolic steroids. Steroids aren't on the list. Super dumb survey. 292 people is such a small slice of people. If you ask people in Glasgow, yes, Heroine and Alcohol will come out top. Go to Richmond and coke and anti-depressants will likely come out on top.

And that study of 292 people is the largest study ever undertaken. Shows what a pointless study it was. 

?

Wakka Wakka

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »
Nico means nicotine, no?
Ahh, perhaps.  I just noticed that.

?

Thork

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 02:30:25 PM »
Cannabis more dangerous than PCP?

The study is useless. That won't pass peer review.

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 02:35:24 PM »
In the study, they listed nico as nicotine/tobacco, so I'm guessing they just used cigarettes. Nicotine isn't very harmful by itself, only when coupled with all the crap in a cigarette.

I've never met anyone who takes Heroine. I knew someone who died from taking oral anabolic steroids. Steroids aren't on the list. Super dumb survey. 292 people is such a small slice of people. If you ask people in Glasgow, yes, Heroine and Alcohol will come out top. Go to Richmond and coke and anti-depressants will likely come out on top.

And that study of 292 people is the largest study ever undertaken. Shows what a pointless study it was. 

Steroids aren't as widely used as alcohol or heroin.

?

Thork

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »
Heroine isn't as widely used as alcohol - nowhere near. If its about widely used, heroine needs to disappear down the list and cannabis needs to be near the top.

Its a really dumb arbitrary survey of a very small group.

Steroids aren't as widely used as alcohol or heroin.
That is nonsense.
There are way more steroids users than heroine users. Way way way way way more.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:38:58 PM by Thork »

rooster

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 02:42:51 PM »
I'm confused. Cannabis was the lowest ranked drug in every scenario.

Lorddave

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »

I agree it's a very small number but I suspect there aren't many people willing to write about how awesome then terrible Heroine is and have it published since it's illegal.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thork

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
PCP (aka angel dust) doesn't even make the list despite being one of the most hallucinogenic and neurotoxic drugs your can get. The list makes no sense. Not by people affected, not by potency, not by deaths, its a crap list.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
Yeah, Thork is just being contrary and thick. Steroids are an incredibly vague group of non-psychoactive chemicals that are most commonly used medically on prescription. That's why they're not included.

PCP (aka angel dust) doesn't even make the list despite being one of the most hallucinogenic and neurotoxic drugs your can get. The list makes no sense. Not by people affected, not by potency, not by deaths, its a crap list.

PCP is so rare it's not worth putting on,

Vindictus

• insightful personal text
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »
That is nonsense.

I can't seem to find anything that quantifies what I said. Have you got any numbers to prove me wrong?

edit:

An American website I found: heroin, steroids
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:59:20 PM by Vindictus »

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
It wasn't a study of 292 random people.  It was an interview/survey with 292 medical professionals asking them to quantify various harms/risks of the drugs in question.

Respondents were from a range of professional backgrounds in health and social work. They worked across a variety of specialties with addictions being most represented with 64% of respondents. 18.5% worked in the General Adult Psychiatry setting and 0.5% worked in Forensic Psychiatry. Sixteen per cent worked in other areas such as General Practice, and 1% of respondents had not recorded their specialty.

The final data represent the mean of those medical opinions.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2012, 03:14:29 PM »
I don't think people use PCP much anymore, Ketamine is easier to get.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Wakka Wakka

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 03:20:53 PM »
I don't think people use PCP much anymore, Ketamine is easier to get.
Ya, I mean SC is the expert.  ZING!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 03:24:16 PM »
 >:(
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Wakka Wakka

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 03:26:25 PM »
I didn't mean it, I just didn't have the self control to let that one go. 

Also, is Ketamine a sort of tranquilizer or something?  Would it have the same effects as PCP?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »
Ketamine is an anesthetic, and so is PCP. They would have a very similar effect. I'm not sure if people on Ketamine have the same really bad reaction as some do to PCP. I'm actually not that familiar with either of those drugs, although I did know a few people who used them.

?

Thork

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 03:41:41 PM »
Yeah, Thork is just being contrary and thick. Steroids are an incredibly vague group of non-psychoactive chemicals that are most commonly used medically on prescription. That's why they're not included.
Cannabis is also available on prescription. You're just being incredibly thick as usual.
Also the survey was done in Britain. Steroids are only popular on prescription in the USA because they are illegal and people get 'anti-ageing' and 'hormone replacement' prescriptions so they can get ripped. You don't need a prescription here.

That is nonsense.

I can't seem to find anything that quantifies what I said. Have you got any numbers to prove me wrong?
Roughly 0.8% of the population of the UK take heroin.
Quote from: http://www.tclondon.org.uk/pages/news/heroin-users-statistics.php
Eight in every 1,000 15-64 year-olds are heroin users, statistics show

Steroid numbers are virtually impossible to find as most people lie about it and its easy to get them on the net. Needle exchange seems to be the best source but that doesn't include oral steroids which are more common.
Quote from: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2010/03/07/wales-steroid-timebomb-91466-25977485/
STEROID use is so rife in Wales, users are outnumbering junkies in using needle-exchange programmes, drug experts have warned.

Needle-exchange figures reveal that the numbers of users on body-enhancing drugs using the services has rocketed to 80% of the total in some areas.

By the way its estimated 6.6% of people use cannabis in the UK.
Quote from: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/druguse.htm
Percent of persons 12 years of age and over with marijuana use in the past month: 6.6% (2009)

It wasn't a study of 292 random people.  It was an interview/survey with 292 medical professionals asking them to quantify various harms/risks of the drugs in question.
Its still crap.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »
Are you fucking high? Cannabis isn't available on prescription, steroids are only available on prescription, 0.8% of 16-64 year-olds isn't 0.8% of the population, 6.6% is the lowest estimate in the last five years for cannabis use, the study is not crap and HOW THE FUCK ARE HEROIN STATISTICS MORE RELIABLE THAN STEROID STATISTICS?! Do people not lie about heroin?!

You've got to the point where you're not making any sense at all any more.

?

Thork

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 03:59:08 PM »
*Furious idiotic ranting happened *
Why are you so deliberately stupid?
Are you fucking high? Cannabis isn't available on prescription
Cannabis is available on prescription for ailments such as arthritis and MS. Even if you are that ignorant can't you use a search engine?
http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=show&pageid=1814

, steroids are only available on prescription, 0.8% of 16-64 year-olds isn't 0.8% of the population,
Children don't usually take steroids - what with them being expensive and stunting growth ::). The number of people over 64 in the gym is pretty small too. You're such a dumbass. 16-64 covers most and gives us a fairly accurate indication of use in adults. Children tend not to take Heroin either. And most junkies don't make it to be over 64.

6.6% is the lowest estimate in the last five years for cannabis use, the study is not crap and HOW THE FUCK ARE HEROIN STATISTICS MORE RELIABLE THAN STEROID STATISTICS?! Do people not lie about heroin?!
Needle exchange numbers are way more accurate for heroin as its not also taken orally.

You've got to the point where you're not making any sense at all any more.
You've got to the point where you are probably the dumbest person on this forum.

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 04:09:54 PM »
Sativex isn't cannabis, it's THC. There are hundreds of different cannabinoids at work in the actual plant; that's why Sativex is so much less effective.

Children and the elderly don't take steroids, correct, but are part of the population. You really don't see why not including the groups least likely to use it might skew the statistics?

Most steroids aren't taken orally either, and those that are are less dangerous, less potent and extremely expensive by comparison.

?

Thork

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »
Most steroids are taken orally.

Women almost universally (but for big manly creatures) use anavar which is oral. Winstrol is oral. Dianabol is oral. the most popular are the most popular because people would rather not inject. A pill is easier and isn't associated with being a junkie.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2012, 04:15:43 PM »
Lots of people take steroids for medical reasons like asthma and arthritis. One of my dogs takes a steroid for her skin condition.

?

Thork

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2012, 04:18:40 PM »
Is your dog ripped?

General Douchebag

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 04:24:05 PM »
Most steroids are taken orally.

Women almost universally (but for big manly creatures) use anavar which is oral. Winstrol is oral. Dianabol is oral. the most popular are the most popular because people would rather not inject. A pill is easier and isn't associated with being a junkie.

Anavar, winstrol and dianabol (how 80s) fit comfortably into my not very dangerous, not very powerful and extremely expensive category. I'm talking about test-e and trenbolone acetate here, the ones that people actually get the androgenic side effects you complain about from.

Also, do you have anything to say to the other 67% of my post? I'm starting to get kind of tired of proving you utterly wrong on two points out of three only to have you rail on about the third in the hopes I won't notice your very suspect silence on the others.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 04:26:23 PM »

?

Thork

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
the ones that people actually get the androgenic side effects you complain about from.
Nobody takes steroids for the androgenic side-effects. People take them for the anabolic muscle building side-effects.

Anavar, winstrol and dianabol (how 80s) fit comfortably into my not very dangerous, not very powerful and extremely expensive category.
Anavar is only expensive for men as they need to take 5 times as much as women. Winstrol and dianabol are very cheap.
Trenbolone isn't actually manufactured anywhere in the world and hasn't been for decades. Trenbolone you might buy isn't actually trenbolone but a steroid derived from finaplex. A cattle steroid used by farmers, boiled down and mixed with oil. Mmmmm. Sounds great. Question, if you aren't a pro-athlete and we aren't beefing you up to eat you, what's the point?Anyway because of this its hard to get. Test-e is unlikely to be used by itself. Its also one of many test derivatives. Its not that common. But every other juicing Tom Dick and Harry uses Winstrol.

Also, do you have anything to say to the other 67% of my post? I'm starting to get kind of tired of proving you utterly wrong on two points out of three only to have you rail on about the third in the hopes I won't notice your very suspect silence on the others.
Its late and you ask questions you know the answers too a lot of the time. I'm too tired to bother. Decide whatever you like this evening.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2012, 04:47:04 PM »
Do people get high on steroids?

?

Thork

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 04:48:53 PM »
Do people get high on steroids?
No.

Can you ride your dog?