Are there any clues in the clouds?

• 48 Replies
?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
Are there any clues in the clouds?
« on: August 01, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »
Last week i was on one of the local high points looking out across the horizon. It was a uerry clear day but for a line of clouds that were pretty high up in the sky.

It dawned on me that the clouds must haue been spread across many miles, but their bottom edge formed a more or less straight line.
If the earth was a globe wouldn"t they form a slight curue?

I"ue looked on google images, but can"t quite find a picture of the clouds that shows well enough what i uiewed.

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

Re: Are there any clues in the clouds?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
Probably the same reason the horizon also looks flat across one's field of view.   The curve isn't discernible enough at that distance.

Also, get another keyboard. 

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 12:39:44 PM »
Probably the same reason the horizon also looks flat across one's field of view.   The curve isn't discernible enough at that distance.

:)

Oh, this one is ok. I"ue gotten used to it. I haue an ipad these days, but i still prefer this old lap-top.

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »

:)

Oh, this one is ok. I"ue gotten used to it. I haue an ipad these days, but i still prefer this old lap-top.

Mizuki x

Perhaps you should hit the correct keys when you type then? If the Earth was much small you would notice a discernible curve, you would also notice that the gravitational field didn't pull you down at 9.8m/s2, but much less than that, unless the core was made of pure uranium or something ridiculous like that.
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 03:49:47 PM »
Being it as the world looks flat from the window of an airliner above the clouds, it stands to reason that the world also looks flat at cloud level.

Interestingly enough the cloud layer itself forms a surface that looks as flat as the earth from above.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 05:30:54 PM »

ohh thats whats wrong! ive always wondered, i thought it was your niche. i saw a 'v' in one of your posts the other day and i thought you were slipping.

the clouds can be used in a few ways to refute fet. nothing really solid though.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 09:51:35 PM »
There are many aspects of everyday life that give clues to a flat earth. It is truly the most eloquent and simplistic solution to the question of earth's shape. We do not have to rely on testimonials from a tiny fraction of people who claim to have seen the earths true shape; people who are well paid and bribed with free cars and easy "won" elections for their continued dedication to a fabricated story.

Simply opening your eyes will reveal the earth for what it is. Flat.

?

Cat Earth Theory

• I practise the Zetetic Method!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »
That's all well and good except for the numerous observations you can also make that don't make much sense on a flat earth, one of the most obvious being the setting of the sun.

So yes, do open your eyes.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 11:13:36 PM »
That's all well and good except for the numerous observations you can also make that don't make much sense on a flat earth, one of the most obvious being the setting of the sun.

If the round earth is so staggeringly apparent, why did it need to be "proven"? Why do people instinctively know the earth is flat?

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 11:34:45 PM »
If the round earth is so staggeringly apparent, why did it need to be "proven"? Why do people instinctively know the earth is flat?

It had to be "proven" because ancient flat-earth beliefs, unlike modern FET, fit with observations made in the parts of the world they came from.  The sun moved under the earth at night, and the sky was a dome, both things that people "instinctively" know, to use your terminology.

There would be no reason to think the earth was curved because their flat-earth models fit for the smaller worlds they lived in, unless you happened to voyage a lot on water and noticed ships appearing to sink, or noticed shadows of differing lengths at the same time of day when moving north and south, etc.

We're much more aware of the rest of the world now, so FET has had to become a joke to fit with what we know.
If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 11:39:37 PM »
So, by "open your eyes," you really mean take as fact what others tell you they have seen on the open oceans?

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 11:48:58 PM »
How silly of me to write a thoughtful reply, thinking I'd get an intelligent response.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »
Okay, let's recap.

I said opening your eyes will show you clues of a flat earth.

You said there are numerous observations that prove a round earth and asked us to instead open our eyes.

I asked why a round earth needed to be proved if it was so obvious.

You cited an example (sinking ships) that, in context, led the reader to believe you had not personally witnessed it.

I called you on it by saying that you weren't really opening your eyes, you were just defaulting to what someone has told you that fits nicely with your preconceived model.

You dodged an answer and instead acted like you were insulted that my reply didn't meet your standards.

Does that about sum up our exchange?  If so, I'm done with this one. It's a clearcut example of round-earth prejustice clogging up yet another forum topic.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 12:51:12 AM »

Not sure where you got me relying on sinking ships from, I was just explaining what made ancient people doubt their flat earth models.  We're in a far different situation today, considering I can call someone up who lives further to the west and ask them if the sun is still up when it's already set here, which makes the whole sun setting under the earth thing the ancients had going on unlikely.

Not that you're arguing in good faith, of course.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:53:13 AM by Cat Earth Theory »

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 04:56:42 AM »
We do not have to rely on testimonials from a tiny fraction of people who claim to have seen the earths true shape; people who are well paid and bribed with free cars and easy "won" elections for their continued dedication to a fabricated story.

Where's my free car?

I called you on it by saying that you weren't really opening your eyes, you were just defaulting to what someone has told you that fits nicely with your preconceived model.

I opened my eyes at Hoylake and witnessed the tips of blades of wind turbines disappearing below the horizon when pointing down and then miraculously re-appearing when pointing up. The world may be flat where you live Pongo but it isn't flat at Hoylake.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 07:07:02 AM »
There are many aspects of everyday life that give clues to a flat earth. It is truly the most eloquent and simplistic solution to the question of earth's shape.

The reason that a flat earth is the most simplistic solution to the question of the earth's shape is because it matches only the most simplistic observations.  Even then, a flat earth only matches casual observations when the horizon is actually the edge of the earth.  This is how ancient civilizations originally explained sunrise and sunset.  However, the more the ancients explored and learned about the earth, the more they came to realize that there is far more to determining the shape of the earth than just "looking out a window".
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 09:44:46 AM »
The regular practice of aeromancy, and specifically nephomancy, also produces powerful direct extra-sensorial evidence of the planar nature of our Earth, as well as the prevalence of aether. If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 10:28:55 AM »
The regular practice of aeromancy, and specifically nephomancy, also produces powerful direct extra-sensorial evidence of the planar nature of our Earth, as well as the prevalence of aether. If you focus on the cloud, and conceive of it just as you would a dream you are trying to interpret, with practice its meanings and memories will be revealed to you.

This sounds like something the acid-head I know would say. Could you perhaps clarify?
When Tom farts, the special gasses released open a sort of worm hole into the past. There Tom is able to freely discuss with Rowbotham all of his ideas and thoughts.

?

Cat Earth Theory

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 11:47:03 AM »

Yes, let the crazy flow.  Soon you will be ready to commune with the moonshrimp queen.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 12:17:15 PM »
You know, now that I think about it, I think there was something in Warhammer 40k lore about Aether. I think the Eldar pyschers used it to move through warp gates or something.

?

burt

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 12:34:49 PM »
You know, now that I think about it, I think there was something in Warhammer 40k lore about Aether. I think the Eldar pyschers used it to move through warp gates or something.

There are advocates (obviously, look around) of the lumineferous aether, the most convincing person I have read on this subject is James Demao, although he also believes in Orgones. although, I am not going to rule either out completley, I do hold orgone to be about 1 out of 10 on my scale of proabability, and aether to be almost nil.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
This sounds like something the acid-head I know would say. Could you perhaps clarify?

I am describing subtler ways in which clouds provide evidence of the Earth's planar nature.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 07:02:53 AM »
Can you explain to me what all of the aforementioned things (substances?) are.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 10:18:08 PM »
Sorry? ???

That may well be the broadest question I have ever been asked on this forum.

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 06:02:15 AM »
Sorry? ???

Alright if it's that much to explain, can you give me a rough idea?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 09:52:34 AM »

There are advocates (obviously, look around) of the lumineferous aether, the most convincing person I have read on this subject is James Demao, although he also believes in Orgones. although, I am not going to rule either out completley, I do hold orgone to be about 1 out of 10 on my scale of proabability, and aether to be almost nil.

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Einstein Relativity theory declares aether necessary!

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 10:00:33 AM »

#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Einstein Relativity theory declares aether necessary!

Lol.  Is that the author pretending to be Einstein with that fake voice?  What a joke.

Also, Einstein was not advocating a luminerferous aether.  He was describing a spacetime that is not empty and not static.  See: The Cosmological Constant.
Also, the people on your websites are specifically framing their claims, not to learn the truth of the matter, but because they want to "debunk" Apollo Hoax claims --

ThinkingMan

• Oh, Really?
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 10:18:46 AM »
Sorry? ???

Sorry for the double post but... double post.

?

burt

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 01:25:35 PM »

I have no logically warrantable reason to entertain, or research, this clip. if you can give a more detailed context, background information &tc, please do so. thanks.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:27:24 PM by burt »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 05:48:17 AM »
Sorry? ???

I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to be giving you a rough idea of. What substances?