Flat Earth Quiz

• 9 Replies
?

Thork

Flat Earth Quiz
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:23:12 PM »
Its not all research and study.
Below is an on-line quiz about our society and flat earth theory.

See how much you've learnt.
Copernicus Lied! The Earth is FLAT! (quiz).

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Flat Earth Quiz
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 02:52:40 PM »
In Brockport, N.Y., in March 1887, two scientific gentlemen defended the sphericity of the earth against flat-earther M.C. Flanders on three consecutive nights. When the great debate was over, five townsmen chosen to judge the matter issued a unanimous verdict. Their report, published in the Brockport Democrat, stated clearly and emphatically their opinion that the balance of the evidence pointed to a flat-earth.

This one is interesting. I haven't heard of M.C. Flanders.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 03:03:07 PM by Tom Bishop »

?

Vongeo

• Official Member
  • I don't get it either.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »
I got 1888.
Vongeo is a wanker, he wears a wanker hat; he always smells like urine and he thinks the Earth is flat.

No longer is this sentence is cut in half. Jekra!

?

Thork

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »
I haven't heard of M.C. Flanders.
He's mentioned in wikipedia and numerous other places but all they ever say is the exact paragraph you quoted. I haven't yet tracked down an original transcript or any other goodies.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 04:14:58 PM »
Question 11 is worded so that there is only one grammatically correct answer.

?

Thork

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2012, 04:21:34 PM »
*Disclaimer: This quiz has been on the internet a long time. I didn't write it. ::)

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
Question 11 is worded so that there is only one grammatically correct answer.

The creator's grammar and wording are awful throughout the entire quiz.  I wouldn't be choosing my answers based on what makes grammatical sense for this quiz.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 06:19:15 PM »
I haven't heard of M.C. Flanders.
He's mentioned in wikipedia and numerous other places but all they ever say is the exact paragraph you quoted. I haven't yet tracked down an original transcript or any other goodies.

It's from a periodical by Hampden, but I don't know of any issues that are online.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 06:34:51 PM »
cool quiz
1888 here,

good to see Zetetism in there, seems like its dieing among planar theory.

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 08:15:52 AM »
oh dear i should 'lurk moar'

1.    89    In what year was the modern Flat Earth Society founded? ( 60% got it correct )
2.    87    The "cosmology" of The Flat Earth Society derives from ideas that were almost co... ( 63% got it correct )
3.    0    Let's look at Zetetic Astronomy in its slightly revised form as used by The Flat... ( 26% got it correct )
4.    96    What is supposedly at the centre of the world? ( 36% got it correct )
5.    93    If the previous question's answer lies at the centre of the earth, what lies at ... ( 55% got it correct )
6.    83    The entire known universe is literally under what is called the "firmament" (vau... ( 30% got it correct )
7.    74    According to the "Proved Fact" of flat-earth cosmology the sun and moon are both... ( 29% got it correct )
8.    83    How far above the earth's surface are the stars? Remember the firmament! ( 12% got it correct )
9.    0    Ironically (perhaps) Johnson's wife Marjory, who became The Society's secretary,... ( 40% got it correct )
10.    0    There you have The Flat Earth Society's "cosmology" in a nutshell (or nut firmam... ( 39% got it correct )
11.    0    According to Johnson which of the following people were flat-earthers? ( 60% got it correct )
12.    78    According to The Flat Earth Society Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin had planned ... ( 62% got it correct )
13.    0    Johnson and his wife Marjory set out to prove by way of experimentation that the... ( 50% got it correct )
14.    0    Which integral part of America's space programme does Johnson say is a ludicrous... ( 47% got it correct )
15.    32    Johnson claimed that Edwards Air Force Base (home to the Shuttle) is where which... ( 19% got it correct )
16.    0    The oldest known flat-earth cosmology is attributable to which of the following ... ( 44% got it correct )
17.    0    Is it true or false that Johnson was correct in his claim that almost no-one tho... ( 69% got it correct )
18.    95    Columbus's voyage of 1492 proved that the earth was round. True or false? ( 68% got it correct )
19.    97    In Brockport, N.Y., in March 1887, two scientific gentlemen defended the spheric... ( 29% got it correct )
20.    0    Lastly: The Flat Earth Society accepted its 100,000th paid member on March the 1... ( 22% got it correct )