US scientific breakthrough

• 42 Replies
?

Thork

US scientific breakthrough
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:32:23 AM »
Those clever Americans with all their science, have tried to trump Europe on the eve of possible Higgs Boson news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18692830

Lorddave

Re: US scientific breakthrough
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 07:41:17 AM »
We be trollin yo.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Thork

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:46:55 AM »
Actually Dave, it was announced as a direct response to quell the fears of a distraught American public, having watched one too many discovery channel spoofs.

I was disgusted to learn
Quote from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18692830
The article was written from publicly available sources because "we don't have a mermaid science programme", National Ocean Service spokeswoman Carol Kavanagh told the BBC.
You don't have a mermaid science program? Why the hell not? And how can you make such outlandish sweeping statements when you haven't even researched the topic?

Rushy

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:59:27 AM »
If we really wanted to trump the supposed "Higgs Boson" discovery, then we could just rejigger the LHC to produce a black hole, consuming all of Europe. Yeah, look at you, Europe, you're a singularity.

?

Thork

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:45 AM »
You've only just figured out that mermaids don't exist. Don't give me any of this 'America knows all the science' baloney.

Rushy

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »
You've only just figured out that mermaids don't exist. Don't give me any of this 'America knows all the science' baloney.

Looks more like it is your country that has just figured out mermaids don't exist, since it was a UK site you posted. I'm sure your "scientists" asked our scientists "hey, do, uhh, mermaids exist?"

"....No?"

And then after receiving that answer, your "scientists" came back and told everyone the U.S. has no evidence that mermaids exist. What a shock it must be to you and your primitive culture.

?

Thork

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »
No. The US government has announced that mermaids do not exist, as a direct response to enquiries made by its own citizens. Please read the article.

The BBC has merely reported this so as we don't forget in Britain, just how smart you are as a nation.

Rushy

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »
No. The US government has announced that mermaids do not exist, as a direct response to enquiries made by its own citizens.

It doesn't mention this anywhere.

She said that at least two people had written to the agency asking about the creatures.

They were probably British.

?

Thork

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 09:08:49 AM »
No. The US government has announced that mermaids do not exist, as a direct response to enquiries made by its own citizens.

It doesn't mention this anywhere.
I realise that you too are an American, so I'll be patient.
Quote from: http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2012/07/03/mermaids-noaa-not-real.html
The National Ocean Service made the unusual declaration in response to public inquiries following a TV show on the mythical creatures.

It is thought some viewers may have mistaken the programme for a documentary.
It was aired in the US. They were US viewers ringing up the US government and it was the US Government department (The National Ocean Service) that made the statement.

She said that at least two people had written to the agency asking about the creatures.

They were probably British.
No.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2012/07/03/mermaids-noaa-not-real.html
http://www.zimeye.org/?p=56853

Incidentally, it seems that your not having a 'mermaid science program' is hindering your knowledge of the subject.
Quote from: http://www.zimeye.org/?p=56853
Last year Zimbabwe blew untold amounts of money and labour time through its ministry of Water Resources after government workers claimed to have seen mermaids, referred in Shona as Njuzu. It was claimed that the ‘mermaids’ were hindering dam construction work by intimidating and scaring off workers diving to the bottom of the lake or river to switch on the pump.

The minister responsible, Sam Sipepa Nkomo told ZimEye:

“The pumps are already there. All we want to do is to switch on. And my staff are telling me that they cannot switch on; when they switch on, water doesn’t go through the pipes because ‘the mermaids are blocking the pipes’.”

I think the US is up to its old tricks again. Deny deny deny.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:18:28 AM by Thork »

Rushy

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 09:34:59 AM »
It was aired in the US. They were US viewers ringing up the US government and it was the US Government department (The National Ocean Service) that made the statement.

The second statement is an assumption. It simply says "the public," could be anyone. Only the English would be silly enough to mistake a this program for a documentary.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 09:38:34 AM »
What's the relevance of the article about Zimbabwe?

?

Thork

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 09:40:36 AM »

The second statement is an assumption. It simply says "the public," could be anyone. Only the English would be silly enough to mistake a this program for a documentary.
Why would the English ring up the US government? We had a perfectly good Oceanic Science Service of our own, complete with mermaid science programs until your little announcement this morning.
http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/mermaid/
>:(

What's the relevance of the article about Zimbabwe?
It was in the middle of one of the news articles about the US denying mermaids exist. It tickled me so I included it in a post.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »

Why would the English ring up the US government? We had a perfectly good Oceanic Science Service of our own, complete with mermaid science programs until your little announcement this morning.
http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/mermaid/
>:(

That bullshit acronym is false advertising!

?

Thork

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 09:44:49 AM »
You're not taking this news very well, Saddam. :(

Rushy

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2012, 10:44:10 AM »
Why would the English ring up the US government?

To report in your status, like a good little satellite state.

?

Thork

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 11:52:43 AM »
Don't make me put on my red coat, dammit! >o<

Rushy

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 11:54:35 AM »
Don't make me put on my red coat, dammit! >o<

Be sure not to forget your brown pants.

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 11:58:50 AM »
Mermaids...how hot would that be, amirite?

The answer is not hot at all.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

Thork

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »
I don't remember the last time I saw a mermaid. I'll bet the f*cking Japanese have been eating them all.

Why isn't the Sea Shepherd making the public aware of this?

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 01:25:42 PM »
EVERYONE BACK THE FUCK UP! 

Do mermaids really not exist?  :'(
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

Rushy

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 01:57:55 PM »
I don't remember the last time I saw a mermaid. I'll bet the f*cking Japanese have been eating them all.

Why isn't the Sea Shepherd making the public aware of this?

I'm sure they're doing what they can.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »
There are mermaids in Weeki Wachee  >:(
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »
I think the mermaids are in their long hibernation period. I need more research material to come up with more details about these legendary beings.
Cheesus is so wise I sometimes think he's my alt.
CheesusCrust is wise.

?

Thork

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 04:15:09 PM »
There is no hibernation. You and your friends have been eating them, you b*stards! >o<

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »
I don't know if my friends would eat them or not but I will admit that if I had the chance, I might consume their flesh.
CheesusCrust is wise.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 04:23:24 PM »
Raw baby mermaids are a delicacy in China.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 04:26:39 PM »
I might travel in China for more research on these merpeople.
CheesusCrust is wise.

Rushy

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
Why should we care about mermaids anyway? Yeah, the top half is usually gorgeous, but what about that bottom half? Its nothing but fish tail. That's not cool.

?

Thork

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 12:14:37 AM »
Why should we care about mermaids anyway? Yeah, the top half is usually gorgeous, but what about that bottom half? Its nothing but fish tail. That's not cool.
??? That is how you imagine mermaids? That's the wrong way round entirely. The bottom half need to be the woman. Who looks at the mantle piece when they are poking the fire?

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 03:47:41 AM »
what if there was a mernmaid with the bottom half is instead of a fish a womens legs