Anyone have an extra 100M Pounds?

• 192 Replies

Rushy

Re: Anyone have an extra 100M Pounds?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 09:41:59 PM »
"Space tourism" estimates are the same as "end of the world" estimates. People who truly want to believe in it will, even when the date has been pushed back more times than they can count on their hands. They'll take any scraps they can, whether that be a large earthquake for people who want to see The End or a high-altitude pseudo-shuttle for the space tourists.

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »
Well, we will see when that day comes. Who knows though, maybe when they call for the launch it will just be a group of actors and some high prices CG animation to make us all think they actually went up! The people running this are some of the most wealthy in the world...

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 01:27:13 AM »
Well, we will see when that day comes. Who knows though, maybe when they call for the launch it will just be a group of actors and some high prices CG animation to make us all think they actually went up! The people running this are some of the most wealthy in the world...

Why would they bother faking a launch?  It's been fifty years, and the public is still willing to accept the old "Any day now" line in lieu of actually delivering on their promises.  Why fix what isn't broken?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 06:20:47 AM »

Why would they bother faking a launch?  It's been fifty years, and the public is still willing to accept the old "Any day now" line in lieu of actually delivering on their promises.  Why fix what isn't broken?

If you're just going to scam your investors, then why bother building and flight testing the actual space craft?  I'm saying that Virgin Galactic, et. al., have made more real, tangible progress in delivering on their promise of commercial manned space flight than anyone else in history.  No one here has provided any evidence to the contrary.  Instead, all we get is "nobody's done it yet, so it ain't never gonna happen".
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Thork

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 07:32:07 AM »
Actually Markjo, you're just not listening. They are still nowhere near ready despite being 8 years into a 3 year project. They are still however, collecting deposits. They are still gaining an advertising shot in the arm from the association of space flight with their airline.

Until Branson actually gets a paying customer into space you have no proof that space tourism is viable. Therefore it should be discounted as an evidence that space travel is possible. Remove space tourism from the list. Its been debunked by the FErs.

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 08:51:30 AM »
Actually Markjo, you're just not listening. They are still nowhere near ready despite being 8 years into a 3 year project. They are still however, collecting deposits. They are still gaining an advertising shot in the arm from the association of space flight with their airline.

Until Branson actually gets a paying customer into space you have no proof that space tourism is viable. Therefore it should be discounted as an evidence that space travel is possible. Remove space tourism from the list. Its been debunked by the FErs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_tourism

They didn't fly Virgin, but they did fly into space. I don't see what FEers have debunked.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

?

Thork

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »
I already replied to that link. Kindly address my reply instead of repeating yourself.

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 09:09:18 AM »
I already replied to that link. Kindly address my reply instead of repeating yourself.

You have no proof that it's a hoax, I quoute you:

"7 vastly wealthy and powerful people in on it. The types that like to be able to tell people, of the time they went into space, at a dinner party? GTFO. Until people start going up in their hundreds, this is too easily a rich boys joke on the rest of the world. Wink, wink. We went into space. Look what our fabulous wealth bought us. etc etc"

Is it for you the definition of a proof?

I'm sorry to repeat myself but you seem to have the greatest difficulties understanding some basic conepts.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »
The burden of proof is on the companies to prove that their flights are real, not on us to prove that they aren't.  Thork's point is clearly that he doesn't believe their stories are proof.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »

Again, if they have no intention of providing commercial space flights, then why are they putting so much money and effort into building the space craft?  It seems like just that much bigger a loss if they have to pay back those deposits.

Space tourism has been far from debunked.  SpaceShip One winning the $10 million Ansari X Prize proves that the concept is viable.  The only thing that we're waiting on now is the new hardware.  Delays in new aircraft design and production are quite common.  Why should this be any different?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »
The burden of proof is on the companies to prove that their flights are real, not on us to prove that they aren't.  Thork's point is clearly that he doesn't believe their stories are proof.

Virgin Galactic hasn't claimed to have made any space flights yet, so there is nothing for them to prove just yet.  They have, however, claimed to have made a number of unpowered test flights and the videos are available on the Scaled Composites web site.

?

Thork

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 09:33:35 AM »

Virgin Galactic hasn't claimed to have made any space flights yet, so there is nothing for them to prove just yet.  They have, however, claimed to have made a number of unpowered test flights and the videos are available on the Scaled Composites web site.
So why are you holding them up as an example of space tourism? There haven't been any space tourists.

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 11:35:42 AM »
Well technically those 7 wealthy men were tourists, but moving on. I believe virgin is just playing it safe and doing test after test till they get it right and launch. I am looking forward to it.

Rushy

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 11:39:28 AM »
virgin is just playing it safe

Don't they always?

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 12:02:33 PM »
virgin is just playing it safe

Don't they always?
If you were legitimately trying to blast people above the atmoplane and into freefall, wouldn't you want to "play it safe?"

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
Guys, let's not forget how long the Boeing 787 and Airbus A380 took to materialize, after huge delays. And those are atmospheric planes. And yet, even they had to play it safe.

An even more down-to-the-Earth example (literally): Hungary's Combino trams were delayed for several years, and had to be completely redesigned, when the original model turned out to have major safety flaws. And yet, no one accused Siemens of perpetrating a lie just to extort money from Hungary, "because rail travel is impossible, regardless of what the conspiracy tells us".

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »
The Channel Tunnel took over 100 years to go from concept to reality.  Yes, difficult projects take time.

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2012, 07:27:27 PM »
They will never let ordinary people go to space.  The super wealthy that can afford the trip are already members of the illuminatti so they will never reveal the true shape of earth or what is in space.  Why do you think only select few " astranauts" get to go to space. Every country on earth that has space program does not allow its general population to take trips to space, moon, mars or anywhere above 35,000 feet, (average cruising altitude of passenger planes) I do not know if that is because the earth is flat or not, but it is very obvious that space is forbidden to explore by regular folks. So the conclusion is that there is something out there that they don't want us to see. Yuri Gagarin the first man in space died soon after he returned from his space mission.  Is it possible that Soviet government killed him because he was talking too much of what he saw? 

The reason space trips cost unaffordable amount of money is simply because they don't want ordinary people to go. People that have this kind of money are elites and thus already part of the conspiracy.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 07:29:29 PM by New Earth »
JJA voted for Pedro

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »
They will never let ordinary people go to space.  The super wealthy that can afford the trip are already members of the illuminatti so they will never reveal the true shape of earth or what is in space. 

Actually, Virgin Galactic flights are designed for the moderately wealthy.

?

Thork

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »
They will never let ordinary people go to space.  The super wealthy that can afford the trip are already members of the illuminatti so they will never reveal the true shape of earth or what is in space. 

*sigh*. They are 'designed' to market the airline. There have been no flights. There will be no flights. The intention is not to take people into space. The intention is premier marketing for Virgin Atlantic and a way of them appearing relevant and exciting to their customer base.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:58:25 PM by Thork »

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2012, 12:42:29 AM »

*sigh*. They are 'designed' to market the airline. There have been no flights. There will be no flights. The intention is not to take people into space. The intention is premier marketing for Virgin Atlantic and a way of them appearing relevant and exciting to their customer base.

How would you know?

?

Thork

« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2012, 12:44:29 AM »
Because its all been done before.

See Howard Hughes and TWA.

He had no more intention of flying people to space than Branson. But it sold a hell of a lot of airline tickets.

« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 12:45:19 AM »
Hi New Earth,

Would you mind if I ask you to clarify just a few of points regarding your post? I am not suggesting I disagree (or agree) with your position, I just naturally want a little light shed on the proceedings.

Quote from: New Earth
They will never let ordinary people go to space.

I would appreciate explanation of who you mean by both 'they' and 'ordinary people.' Are 'they' space agencies, such as NASA, or governmental institutions, space travel agencies or a hypothetical group controlling 'ordinary people's' ability to venture into space? Clarification would be most welcome.

Similarly, who do you mean by 'ordinary people?' (and later 'regular folks') Is this definition of ordinary or regular based upon an income or wealth threshold, or do you mean somebody not related or involved with a space agency, governmental institution, space travel agency or hypothetical group. How does one transcend this 'ordinary' status?

Why do you think only select few "astranauts" get to go to space."

By this I assume you believe travelling to space is a relatively easy accomplishment for (your definition of) ordinary or regular people? Could you clarify what training one might require for such an undertaking? Or would you suggest that, given the opportunity, one could simply strap in and go?

In answer to your question as to why I think only a few 'astronauts' get to go, and I beg your pardon if it were rhetorical, but I believe for a similar reason only a relatively few get to climb Mount Everest, explore deep oceans, and a whole host of other exploratory endeavours that do not require the leaving of the planet.

"Yuri Gagarin the first man in space died soon after he returned from his space mission.  Is it possible that Soviet government killed him because he was talking too much of what he saw?"

Yuri reportedly completed his first orbit of Earth on the 12th April, 1961, to international fame, decoration and highest honour from his nation. He died in 1968. You suggest that this period of seven years is 'soon after.' Could you please confirm what would not constitute a suspiciously short amount of time? For example ten years, or fifteen years? And also your reasoning for his supposed assassination not occurring more recently following his return from orbit, and for what (in your opinion) he particularly said about the Earth or his journey.

The reason space trips cost unaffordable amount of money is simply because they don't want ordinary people to go. People that have this kind of money are elites and thus already part of the conspiracy.

Finally, as you suggest that the reason a space pursuit costs an 'unaffordable amount,' is so that the majority of people cannot afford it, could you then please estimate and summarise the cost of sending a civilian, or ordinary member of the public, into space? Could you please also factor any training and educational costs into your evaluation. I would also appreciate the clarification of your point regarding wealth and 'elite' status? Do you mean that as soon as somebody reaches a certain level of wealth (in accordance with your space travel cost estimate) they are inducted into the conspiracy?

Thank you very much for your interesting proposition, I enjoyed reading it. With a little explanation of a few of your points, I would better understand your reasoning and position. I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Pilgrim.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:15:08 AM by Pilgrim »
You're only as good as your last simile.

?

trig

« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 01:22:14 AM »
The flimsy grasp that Thork has on logic has given even one step further downwards.

Until a project is completed there is no proof that it is viable? Does Thork even understand the words "completed" and "viable"?

A project is viable if there is a reasonable chance it will work with the available resources. Our civilization has been constructed on that premise. You put money and work into a work in progress in the amount that you think corresponds to the risks involved.

« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 02:04:05 AM »
Hi New Earth,

Would you mind if I ask you to clarify just a few of points regarding your post? I am not suggesting I disagree (or agree) with your position, I just naturally want a little light shed on the proceedings.

They will never let ordinary people go to space.

I would appreciate explanation of who you mean by both 'they' and 'ordinary people.' Are 'they' space agencies, such as NASA, or governmental institutions, space travel agencies or a hypothetical group controlling 'ordinary people's' ability to venture into space? Clarification would be most welcome.

Similarly, who do you mean by 'ordinary people?' (and later 'regular folks') Is this definition of ordinary or regular based upon an income or wealth threshold, or do you mean somebody not related or involved with a space agency, governmental institution, space travel agency or hypothetical group. How does one transcend this 'ordinary' status?

Why do you think only select few "astranauts" get to go to space."

By this I assume you believe travelling to space is a relatively easy accomplishment for (your definition of) ordinary or regular people? Could you clarify what training one might require for such an undertaking? Or would you suggest that, given the opportunity, one could simply strap in and go?

In answer to your question as to why I think only a few 'astronauts' get to go, and I beg your pardon if it were rhetorical, but I believe for a similar reason only a relatively few get to climb Mount Everest, explore deep oceans, and a whole host of other exploratory endeavours that do not require the leaving of the planet.

"Yuri Gagarin the first man in space died soon after he returned from his space mission.  Is it possible that Soviet government killed him because he was talking too much of what he saw?"

Yuri reportedly completed his first orbit of Earth on the 12th April, 1961, to international fame, decoration and highest honour from his nation. He died in 1968. You suggest that this period of seven years is 'soon after.' Could you please confirm what would not constitute a suspiciously short amount of time? For example ten years, or fifteen years? And also your reasoning for his supposed assassination not occurring more recently following his return from orbit, and for what (in your opinion) he particularly said about the Earth or his journey.

Finally, as you suggest that the reason a space pursuit costs an 'unaffordable amount,' is so that the majority of people cannot afford it, could you then please estimate and summarise the cost of sending a civilian, or ordinary member of the public, into space? Could you please also factor any training and educational costs into your evaluation. I would also appreciate the clarification of your point regarding wealth and 'elite' status? Do you mean that as soon as somebody reaches a certain level of wealth (in accordance with your space travel cost estimate) they are inducted into the conspiracy?

Thank you very much for your interesting proposition, I enjoyed reading it. With a little explanation of a few of your points, I would better understand your reasoning and position. I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Pilgrim.

You asked questions to which a very long answer can be given. I can write a book based on your questions, but this is a message board so I gotta keep it short.

"They" of course refers to world governments and a central shadow government that controls the world known as "illuminatti" Now that term might be a bit outdated and perhaps they don't call themselves illuminatti anymore, all you have to do is just understand the concept of a secret world wide government that runs the planet. So yes it is them that will never allow an average person to travel to space. Now you asked who are these average people? I think you already know the answer to that and I really don't understand why you asked? An average person, "regular joe" is someone who is outside of conspiracy, someone who is not allowed on the inner knowledge of the elites. 99% of the world population are infect average people who will never be given a chance to join the club so to speak. However those who are in the club (the select few, high ranking free masons, various other members of secret societies, exc, members of global elite) They are in the know of just about everything, from the history of Atlantis and Mu to the deepest secrets of the universe way beyond space and time.  The purpose of these secret societies who are tied with world government is of course to keep secrets, so in order to do that, a false history of the earth, a false science and a false world view has to be presented to the general public! You are learning falsehood from the time you are in first grade, till the time you get your PHD. Everything they teach us is false. (well most of it is) They consider true knowledge to be a privilige that must only be available for the select few "the rulers of the world" This knowledge must never leave the inner circle of the elites and secret societies. People that do leak the information are called whistle blowers, and of course the general public are taught to laugh and ridicule such "crazy people" who inform us about unconventional knowledge such as UFO's, Atlantis, Time Travel, exc and yes the flat earth theory fits this category as well. We are simply taught to reject such "non sense" and only accept the teachings of conventional academia (controlled by new world order and one world government of course)

So this is why no one goes to space, unless they are chosen to. And as I said before I do not know what is it about space they don't want you to see. Can it be that the earth is truly flat? Possibly but who knows.  You asked is going to space inexpensive or easy? The logical answer would be yes. The space program supposedly started in the 60's, so I'm sure by now that it cannot possibly cost that much, given the fact that they had all these years to improve and perfect technology. Look at computers for example, look how expansive they used to be, but once they developed computer technology further, the price of computers and computer related products dropped like a rock. This tells us that as technology gets developed it becomes cheaper. However NASA will never allow regular Joe to travel any higher then 35,000 feet, needless to say space.

When you reach certain income level do you become a member of a secret elite? No of course not. However one will never become super wealthy unless the secret government approves you. So basically those that can afford to go to space did not make this money on their own, rather they were given an chance to be rich by the this secret rulers. You will never make anything significant unless they choose you and allow you to do that. Hard work does not pay off, higher education does not pay off either. You only become truly rich when "they" decide to allow you. And once they decide to allow you wealth you are pretty much part of their society from that point on. Notice that even famous rappers like Jay Z and LiL Wayne display the new world order/illuminatti hand sings when on stage. They make it very obvious what group they belong to. Of course there are many different levels of New world order, some members are higher some are lower. For example LIL Wayne definately has less access to things then lets say someone like George Bush. 

Now the last thing is of course Yuri Gagarin. As you said he died some seven years later after his space mission. However his death is covered with mystery. Gagarin was an experiences air force pilot, yet the Soviet government claimed that his plane crashed and Gagarin died in that crash, I talked to many older Russians who informed me that Gagarin's body was never found and the remains of the plane were never recovered. His death seems more like an assasination rather then an accident.
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 03:06:59 AM »
Thank you for the detailed response to my queries, New Earth.

I was aiming to establish to what extent you thought the conspiracy permeated through global society. It would be a scary proposition to think that all things of this nature are monitored to this extent. What research did you do into this? It sounds like you've been following it for a while. Is there some further reading you could suggest, i realise you must have a lot of reliable sources to facilitate your theory, but if you could point me in the direction of a few you feel offer the most reliable information, that would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Pilgrim.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2012, 06:05:31 AM »

http://wdfmuseum.squarespace.com/storage/Rocket%20to%20the%20Moon%20Poster.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1288891605945
He had no more intention of flying people to space than Branson. But it sold a hell of a lot of airline tickets.

Did Howard Hughes or TWA build and flight test a space craft? 

?

Thork

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2012, 06:40:01 AM »

http://wdfmuseum.squarespace.com/storage/Rocket%20to%20the%20Moon%20Poster.gif?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1288891605945

Did Howard Hughes or TWA build and flight test a space craft? 
You are so far off its unreal.

You use Branson as an example that orbit is possible and hence the earth must be round.
You ignore Branson's aircraft (not space craft) is allegedly sub-orbital by design so won't prove anything anyway.
You ignore the fact that it hasn't actually been into space yet. Thereby making it a high altitude aircraft and not a spacecraft.
You ignore the fact that despite having an end date of 2007 that 5 years later they don't even have an end date.
You ignore the fact that hundreds of companies have tried space tourism for the masses before and not one has succeeded.

Stamping your feet and saying , "but it might be so" is they very tool Virgin are using to remove $200,000 of interest free loan from people with your level of common sense who have massive bank accounts. A fool and their money are soon parted. Just as well you haven't got $200,000 to waste.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:42:27 AM by Thork »

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2012, 08:03:54 AM »
As part of my continued interest in this society, and after a fair amount of research, I have decided to invest $20,000 in the 'Voyager' reservation option with Virgin Galactic. Dependent on how I find the information in the community, certain answers I will be asking, and the research I am permitted to conduct (of which I will share what I can with this society in accordance with the NDA) I may consider upgrading to their 'Pioneer' option for the full $200,000 enabling me to take a flight more swiftly.

If and when I take this flight, I will of course post any and all observation photography and material from the voyage. Dependant on the experience, particularly based on evidence it confirms (or denies) I may consider a further expedition by taking a 'Charter' package from Virgin Galactic, which allows the private charter of 6 seats aboard a Virgin Galactic spaceship which I will offer to the main proponents of the Flat Earth Theory. I will make the decision as to whether $1 million is an appropriate figure once I have completed a voyage myself. Obviously it is very early days.

I am currently mulling over the documentation, and will report any interesting information from this process as it becomes available. (I will make a new thread for this.)

I look forward to sharing what I am able to with this community.

Pilgrim.

?

Thork

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2012, 08:09:36 AM »
As part of my continued interest in this society, and after a fair amount of research, I have decided to invest $20,000 in the 'Voyager' reservation option with Virgin Galactic. Dependent on how I find the information in the community, certain answers I will be asking, and the research I am permitted to conduct (of which I will share what I can with this society in accordance with the NDA) I may consider upgrading to their 'Pioneer' option for the full $200,000 enabling me to take a flight more swiftly.

If and when I take this flight, I will of course post any and all observation photography and material from the voyage. Dependant on the experience, particularly based on evidence it confirms (or denies) I may consider a further expedition by taking a 'Charter' package from Virgin Galactic, which allows the private charter of 6 seats aboard a Virgin Galactic spaceship which I will offer to the main proponents of the Flat Earth Theory. I will make the decision as to whether $1 million is an appropriate figure once I have completed a voyage myself. Obviously it is very early days.

I am currently mulling over the documentation, and will report any interesting information from this process as it becomes available. (I will make a new thread for this.)

I look forward to sharing what I am able to with this community.

Pilgrim.
Stop trolling our site. We have a place in the lower fora for the ramblings of imbeciles.