Further Question Regarding Sunsets and Sunrises

• 5 Replies
?

Nolhekh

• Animator
Further Question Regarding Sunsets and Sunrises
« on: June 16, 2012, 07:25:49 AM »
One thing about FET that I'm still unable to accept is sunsets and sunrises.  FET holds that a 32 mile wide sun circles above the earth at an altitude of 3000 miles.  Rowbotham, Bishop, Thork, and some others still claim the sunset and sunrise are due to perspective, yet in ENaG, regarding the sinking ship phenomenon, Rowbotham believes the hull disappears before the masts because it is shallower and its angular size diminishes beyond human perception before the masts do.  If this is the case, how can 3000 miles of altitude disappear during a sunset, while the 32 mile diameter sun stays the same size?  3000 miles has a much larger angular size than 32 at the same distance, so why doesn't the sun diminish from a ball to just a bright point of light before the altitude does? If the sun is being magnified, why isn't the distance between the earth and the sun also magnified?

Re: Further Question Regarding Sunsets and Sunrises
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
I thought I'd bump this thread to the top as I had a similar question. Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd just bring this one back form the dead since it seems to have been ignored. Have an FE's come up with an answer to this yet?

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:49:22 PM »
You are correct, the flock of seagulls setting sun has been Zetetically debunked and incorrect.
I am working on my theory that due to the uneven mass of the earth, the UA causes the earth to tilt.
this may be the reason for sun (and moon) rises.

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
Its amazing that this thread has gone unanswered for so long. Usually someone atleast jumps in and suggests something out in left field with a bowling ball.

I am interested to hear your "tilting earth theory" as there is a part of FET that i have heard stating that the earth cannot rotate due to the fact that we should be able to feel the massive centrifugal force. If the idea of the tilting earth were to be part of normal RET im sure the FE'ers would say the same thing, that we should be able to notice it.
One should not twist facts to suit theories, but instead twist theories to suit facts. This is the basis of every scientific method

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 07:37:54 PM »
Have you ever stood up too quickly when waking up and found yourself very unbalanced? I think this is caused by the Earth tilting, makes sense to me.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »
I thought I'd bump this thread to the top as I had a similar question. Rather than start a new thread I figured I'd just bring this one back form the dead since it seems to have been ignored. Have an FE's come up with an answer to this yet?

We generally prefer you start new threads than bump old ones, but this one isn't too stale.

To answer the question, the difference in perspectives of the moon and a ship is the difference of looking "through" or "out of" the atmolayer. It would be like how you expect to see things differently if you look through a magnifying glass as intended, or if you looked through the glass sideways. The distance of the object isn't as important as how you use the magnifying glass just as it is with the atmolayer.