Evidence for FET

• 33 Replies
Evidence for FET
« on: June 07, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
I am now a flat earther. I have tried to think about how the earth could possibly be a sphere and cannot. I look outside and see nothing but flatness. I had never really thought about it before i found out about this website, and even then i was very apprehensive to the idea, however now i am enlightened. The evidence for FE is overwhelming. Personally i have chosen to believe the 'infinite plane' hypothesis rather than the flat disk as it seems much more logical, to me at least.

Re: Evidence for FET
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:24:27 AM »
Congratulations, you  have opened you mind to a whole new world!
You will find being a Zetetic is very enlightening.

I also lean towards the inifinite plain, It is hard to comprehend but until we find (the edge) we must consider this to be true.

Welcome!   

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:04:58 AM »
I am now a flat earther. I have tried to think about how the earth could possibly be a sphere and cannot. I look outside and see nothing but flatness. I had never really thought about it before i found out about this website, and even then i was very apprehensive to the idea, however now i am enlightened. The evidence for FE is overwhelming. Personally i have chosen to believe the 'infinite plane' hypothesis rather than the flat disk as it seems much more logical, to me at least.

Welcome to the realm of enlightenment, my friend.  By all means, pick and choose which theories and models best explain FET to you personally. That's what FET is really about anyway - speaking truth to your heart, in any form truth manifests. I myself believe in the triangular prism hypothesis rather than flat disk or infinite plane because triangular prism seems much more logical (to me at least).

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:10:48 AM »
I myself believe in the triangular prism hypothesis rather than flat disk or infinite plane because triangular prism seems much more logical (to me at least).
Please, there is absolutely no evidence to support a claim that states the earth is a triangular prism. That is silly.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »
I myself believe in the triangular prism hypothesis rather than flat disk or infinite plane because triangular prism seems much more logical (to me at least).
Please, there is absolutely no evidence to support a claim that states the earth is a triangular prism. That is silly.

Silly? The triangular prism model is well-respected by many in this community:

It's actually an extremely logical model once you understand it. Tom Bishop can I get you to back me up here?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:35:44 AM by naysayer »

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 10:45:10 AM »
i didn't see anything in the bible FAQ about a triangle, so it is silly to me, and any other logical human being.

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:02 AM »
i didn't see anything in the bible FAQ about a triangle, so it is silly to me, and any other logical human being.

Well did you read something in the bible about the earth being an infinite plane? I didn't think so.

Now what qualms do you have with the triangular model? I'll clear them up for you. Just give it a chance - you'll soon find that this model is just as valid as the others.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:50:03 AM by naysayer »

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »
You have made the only logical choice.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 10:53:23 AM »
Well did you read something in the bible about the earth being an infinite plane? I didn't think so.
From the bible FAQ:
In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite plane.

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 10:58:33 AM »
From the bible FAQ:
In both the Davis and the Bishop model, the Earth is an infinite plane.

Right, but are those the only two valid models? There are many problems with the infinite plane model such as the fact that an infinite plane would have an infinite mass, which would require more than an infinite supply of energy to accelerate the infinite mass to a relativistic 9.8 m/s^2.  Plus you are very new to all of this. I don't expect you to understand everything right away. Milk before meat, as they say.  I'll teach you more about the triangular model if you PM me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:00:25 AM by naysayer »

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »
the triangular prism doesn't exist.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:26:08 AM by LolaTheRabbit »

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »
Mass doesn't exist.

Then what's the difference between a bowling ball made of aluminum and a bowling ball made of lead (other than the fact that they are made of different materials)? Why is one "heavier" than the other even though they are the same size?

Mass doesn't exist. *chuckle* That's the funniest thing I've read in a while.

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 11:18:28 AM »
please consult the FAQ.

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 11:21:57 AM »
please consult the FAQ.

OK, here's what I found:

Q: "If the Earth's acceleration is constant, wouldn't it be traveling faster than light eventually?"
A: The equations of Special Relativity prevent an object with mass from reaching or passing the speed of light. Due to this restriction, these equations prove that the Earth can accelerate at a constant rate forever in our reference frame and never reach the speed of light. Click here for an in depth explanation.

What were you saying about mass not existing? Are you really an FE'er? You seem like a troll in sheep's clothing.  Why don't you go learn about what you claim to believe and come back when you're ready to have an intelligent conversation with me?

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:55 AM »
i never said mass doesnt exist. you must have misquoted me.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 11:37:04 AM »
This is like watching a Jehova's Witness and a Mormon argue about who has the sillier religion.

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »
i never said mass doesnt exist. you must have misquoted me.

Oops, too bad there is evidence that you went back and changed your post *after* I called you out on it.

« Last Edit: Today at 10:26:08 AM by LolaTheRabbit »

I posted at 10:21:57 AM and then 5 minutes later you changed your original post and then immediately replied to my post claiming that you never said what you said. You are a liar, and I also have a screenshot of your original post.

True FE'ers do not lie.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:56:03 AM by naysayer »

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 11:55:56 AM »
wrong. time dilation.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:37 AM »
wrong. time dilation.

And thus, Lola the Rabbit is caught in his web of lies and dies a lonely death, strangled by the foolishness of his own words.

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »
This is when a thread should be locked

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 12:00:31 PM »
naysayer, i always find your commentary amusing.  ;D

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 12:28:53 PM »
Lola come join the church of the flying spaghetti monster way! you know you want to! become a Pastafarian just like me! we will show the world! http://www.venganza.org/ more information there become a member!

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 12:39:14 PM »
i am already a member! rAmen

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 12:39:31 PM »
naysayer, i always find your commentary amusing.  ;D

;)

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »
This when an alt should be bammed.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »

Are you referring to me? Because I'm not an alt. Have a moderator cross check my ip address with all other users and you'll find that mine is unique.

?

Thork

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 01:49:03 PM »
Hi its me ... 'the knowledge'. Tee hee. I'm banned but I'm using a proxy. lol. I'm so clever.
::)

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 01:59:21 PM »
Hi its me ... 'the knowledge'. Tee hee. I'm banned but I'm using a proxy. lol. I'm so clever.

Believe what you will Thork, but a moderator could easily just plug my ip address into a ip locator and he'll find that this computer is in a rural town in Germany. I wouldn't be much of an electrical engineer if I chose to proxy through servers that are far away from the nearest internet backbone. Theoretically speaking, if I were to get around a ban, I would just have my ISP assign my router a new IP address so that I didn't have to use any proxies at all.

?

Thork

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

Believe what you will Thork, but a moderator could easily just plug my ip address into a ip locator and he'll find that this computer is in a rural town in Germany. I wouldn't be much of an electrical engineer if I chose to proxy through servers that are far away from the nearest internet backbone. Theoretically speaking, if I were to get around a ban, I would just have my ISP assign my router a new IP address so that I didn't have to use any proxies at all.
This is a lot like at the end of Scoobydoo when the baddy has his mask ripped off and then tells everyone how he did it. But you forgot to sign off with 'Muahahahaha'. :(

And you would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for us pesky kids!

?

Nolhekh

• Animator
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 02:39:06 PM »
Lola, seeing flatness is not proof of flatness.  Rowbotham admits in chapter 14 of Earth not a Globe that the human eye can not resolve an arc-distance of less than one arc minute.  If a sphere's angular radius was within one arc minute away from 90 degrees, then that sphere would appear identical to a human eye.  Therefore seeing a flat surface is not enough evidence to conclude that the surface is ultimately flat.  What other evidence have you seen in favour of FET?