Theory so simple to prove or disprove

• 27 Replies
Theory so simple to prove or disprove
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:01:08 PM »
If the flat Earth theory where to be proven decisively  true it would shock the world and make the discoverer famous/$$. Why not just fly a plane and take pictures of the icewall? Or do we have any of it? I would really like to see the Icewall, also why is it that our goverment and scientists simply deny that the Earth is round?

Re: Theory so simple to prove or disprove
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:03:20 PM »
I mean flat.

Rushy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
"scientists" is a very general term. Would it really be relevant if legions of engineers and physicists advised everyone that the world is round when they themselves don't put much thought into the problem? The shape of the Earth is hardly something people mull over for more than a few seconds unless they were, for example, to come to this site, a place where RE'ers learn that all the evidence for a round earth is nonexistent.

Also, pictures have been taken of the ice wall:

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »
Well any two bit scientist that follows the scientific method can argue thats just a glacier, I mean a picture of the whole ice wall ALL AROUND THE MIGHTY FLAT EARTH, I mean a picture of THE EDGE of Earth. Anybody have a picture of the edge of the Earth?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:38 PM »
What Tom said.  You can't just snap a picture of the entire Ice Wall

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 09:36:51 PM »
what about the edge?

Rushy

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 09:39:34 PM »
what about the edge?

The answer to that is in the Wiki article Tom Bishop linked.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »
Well this site is a proof of how ignorant humans can get, how they can justify anything, no wonder the holocaust happened. The only thing that's flat is your IQ.

Rushy

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 10:12:47 PM »
Well this site is a proof of how ignorant humans can get, how they can justify anything, no wonder the holocaust happened. The only thing that's flat is your IQ.

Your communication of such a sentiment via a slurry of run-on sentences establishes the irony of your post.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »

What about the Holocaust?  I'm really having difficulty interpreting your posts.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »

You bothered to spend the time to register an account on The Flat Earth Society just to insult people, bring up the holocaust (which, by the way has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth), and post ignorant requests for us to give you photographs.

Are you even legally old enough to buy beer?

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 11:23:30 PM »
I was just curious about how people can believe so much bullshit.   

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 11:38:32 PM »
I was just curious about how people can believe so much bullshit.

You posted in Questions and Answers area of the board.  If you want to vent about how stupid you think we are, please post in the Angry Rants section.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 11:53:35 PM »

Yari, keep it civil.

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 06:57:49 AM »
Remember, the FAQ states the ice doesnt hold back the oceans, the rock beneath it does.
It would be like calling Florida the sand wall.

silly huh?

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »

... bring up the holocaust (which, by the way has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth)....

Not that I'm agreeing with yari, but the reason he brought up the Holocaust is that FE'ers and Holocaust Deniers are considered by many to participate in Denialism.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 09:31:44 AM »

... bring up the holocaust (which, by the way has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth)....

Not that I'm agreeing with yari, but the reason he brought up the Holocaust is that FE'ers and Holocaust Deniers are considered by many to participate in Denialism.

That's the reason?  It sounds more like he's comparing the ignorance of FET with the ignorance that made the Holocaust happen.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 09:48:11 AM »

That's the reason?  It sounds more like he's comparing the ignorance of FET with the ignorance that made the Holocaust happen.

He made it sound like that, but if he's anything like me, he stumbled across this website while reading wikipedia articles about Holocaust Denial and about the Moon landing conspiracy theories. I was just reading between the lines; I could be wrong.

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
WOW a picture of the ice wall. Well, since you know where is it, and it doesn't look very high, you should go there and climb it OR just sticky tape a freaking camera to a stick and then bring back some pictures of the edge of the flipping earth where water is spilling into space / new continents / whatever this weeks FE 'beyond the wall' idea is.
Hurry back now.

Also, if I take a picture of a wall of turds and post it, can I claim that wall of turds in fact is what surrounds the edge of the earth? Since you've never been to the wall of turds, and since the conspiracy would never let you near it, I don't see how you can prove me wrong.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:04:11 PM by Lord Oddfish »
I came. I saw. I poked fun. I tried to explain things. I failed.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »
It is funny how requests for pictures are met with repies of, "It isn't real.  Show us real proof.".

How about you show some proof?

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 08:21:24 PM »
It's a real picture of ice. But it's not taken by a flat earther claiming it to be 'the' ice wall which surrounds the entire earth. It's just a 3 second google image search of a picture of some ice. It isn't proof of an ice wall. Simple.
One of them even says on the bottom "photo by adam markham. courtesy of clean air - cool planet'. Embarrassing for you.
http://www.cleanair-coolplanet.org/about/staff.php
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:24:08 PM by Lord Oddfish »
I came. I saw. I poked fun. I tried to explain things. I failed.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 08:23:58 PM »
Can you do better?

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »
Funny nobody ever climbed over those icewalls.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 05:05:36 PM »
It's because it's round and you can't take a picture of something that doesn't exist.

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 05:07:41 PM »
"scientists" is a very general term. Would it really be relevant if legions of engineers and physicists advised everyone that the world is round when they themselves don't put much thought into the problem? The shape of the Earth is hardly something people mull over for more than a few seconds unless they were, for example, to come to this site, a place where RE'ers learn that all the evidence for a round earth is nonexistent.

I think brainwashed is a better word, the only reason that ANYONE believes the Earth is flat, I mean come on, if this site didn't exist you would believe the Earth is round.

The evidence is there, satellites can show you, air planes can show you, anyone with a brain can show you, you simply refuse to see, you are blinded by ignorance.

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »

PS If you can't tell that glacier from a ring of ice that circles the globe you have more than your sanity to worry about.

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 05:21:01 AM »
Those pictures are so far away from a proof that we could jump to the conclusion and say there's nothing such as an icewall.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.