The anomaly of flat-earther population distribution.

• 68 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: The anomaly of flat-earther population distribution.
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »
Just a bit of humor based on a previous thread. 

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2012, 04:29:03 AM »
If you believe that you live in Australia, it is because the conspiracy wants you to believe it.

:o
Oh I thought you were actually a FEer. So I've been wasting my time arguing with a troll who doesn't actually believe FET?

Welcome to FES!  :)
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2012, 11:49:24 AM »
Why is it so concentrated in the USA?

The same reasons the US has so many religious sects, it was a massive new country, impossible to control.

The American Dream wasn't about money, it was freedom from religious persecution in Europe, and the tight control of the already formed strong governments.

The US still keeps homeschooling and a sense of self-reliance, it's less city based, except for the ugly coast.

And fighting the British and the Vatican influence may have helped, Modern Astronomy spread from these two centers.

And I'm Spaniard by the way.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2012, 04:38:37 PM »
The UK has a flourishing Flat Earth movement, and has since the 19th Century.  I am British, and many of my friends are Flat Earth believers (I am one). The UK was the birthplace of modern Zetetic Science, with such giants as Samuel Rowbotham, Lady Blount, John Hampden, William Carpenter, D W Scott and Samuel Shenton to our name.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »
The UK has a flourishing Flat Earth movement, and has since the 19th Century.  I am British, and many of my friends are Flat Earth believers (I am one). The UK was the birthplace of modern Zetetic Science, with such giants as Samuel Rowbotham, Lady Blount, John Hampden, William Carpenter, D W Scott and Samuel Shenton to our name.

All of whom are not excepted in the scientific community... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Did I shed enough tears for you! BAM! Emerald Lagasse!!!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 05:41:10 PM by BoatswainsMate »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2012, 05:47:49 PM »

All of whom are not excepted in the scientific community... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Accepted.  And of course they wouldn't be, considering the scientific community's dogmatic position on RET.  I doubt that any of the giants that James mentioned would even want acceptance from such a community.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2012, 06:42:52 PM »
All of whom are not excepted in the scientific community...

We do not want to be accepted by scientists, precisely because we disagree with the scientific method. We practise the Zetetic Method.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2012, 08:12:29 PM »

Accepted.  And of course they wouldn't be, considering the scientific community's dogmatic position on RET.  I doubt that any of the giants that James mentioned would even want acceptance from such a community.

not gonna lie, I wish Steven Hawkings would acknowledge me  :'( :'( :'(

On another note, individuality is awesome and to be honest most scientist that have major breakthroughs where not accepted by the majority  >o< :-B
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 10:37:40 PM by BoatswainsMate »

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2012, 08:04:32 AM »
The Society has its origins in the United Kingdom, as you would know if you had done any research. It stayed there until the late 1960s, at which point its locus shifted to the United States. Voliva lived in Australia for a number of years. And though our current President is from America, he lives in London. I am the Vice President, and I live in Ireland (and was born in the UK).

In short, your thesis is nonsense. Please read more and post less.
In addition to this,

At the time it existed and focused in the US there were also Canadian groups present.  In fact, Canada has had many flat earth societies in its history.  I myself being Canadian as well.  Many Muslim and Muslim countries also hold that the earth is flat.  The UK is the birthplace and still a stronghold of flat earth philosophy and science. 

It gained popularity in the US due to two major factors imho.  One is the religious stronghold of the South.  Biblical literalism (and indeed literalism applied to almost any of the multitude of various ancient to modern religious worldviews) lends itself markedly well to flat earth worldviews.  Perhaps this has to do with an innate bond between faith's ends and reason's function, though that is speculation alone.

Secondly, and perhaps more relevant to the current state, the backlash at the ignorant science being shouted from just about every media outlet within the US has not gone unnoticed.  US news is a dreadful circus compared to reputable world news sources and this when coupled with the love affair America has with what they call 'science' will inevitably lead to educated and intellectual free thinkers turning to more reasonable and honest outlets - those devoid of religious mindsets; sometimes those might even turn to the often out of hand rejected sciences and damned facts that academia turns down from their ivory tower.