The anomaly of flat-earther population distribution.

• 68 Replies
Re: The anomaly of flat-earther population distribution.
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 07:47:08 PM »
The current organization started in England...

That makes it even MORE interesting that it's mostly Americans. The plot thickens!
Hmm so perhaps something about the United States is stimulating and encouraging Flat-Earth-itis. Any suggestions people? I'm thinking that, despite the USA overall being a wealthy and considerably educated nation, Americans have developed a reputation for being somewhat ignorant about the rest of the world. An example would be vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin allegedly believing Africa to be a country.
Thoughts?
I came. I saw. I poked fun. I tried to explain things. I failed.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 07:52:48 PM »
The current organization started in England...

That makes it even MORE interesting that it's mostly Americans. The plot thickens!
Hmm so perhaps something about the United States is stimulating and encouraging Flat-Earth-itis. Any suggestions people? I'm thinking that, despite the USA overall being a wealthy and considerably educated nation, Americans have developed a reputation for being somewhat ignorant about the rest of the world. An example would be vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin allegedly believing Africa to be a country.
Thoughts?

Seriously, read Thork's contribution to this thread, you are making yourself look like an ass.  You expect us to read your drivel, you could at least return the favor.

Also, a great many prominent FEers are, in fact, British.  You really should lurk moar.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:16:56 PM by Roundy the Truthinessist »
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »
The Society has its origins in the United Kingdom, as you would know if you had done any research. It stayed there until the late 1960s, at which point its locus shifted to the United States. Voliva lived in Australia for a number of years. And though our current President is from America, he lives in London. I am the Vice President, and I live in Ireland (and was born in the UK).

In short, your thesis is nonsense. Please read more and post less.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
It stayed there until the late 1960s, at which point its locus shifted to the United States.

Yeah, and I'm asking WHY IS THAT SO. You are the one who should read more. Like for example reading the opening post of the thread in which you are posting.
Stop wearing out your keyboard if you can't provide useful information or discussion about WHY the FES is more popular in the USA.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2012, 08:44:18 PM »
Your thesis is nonsense, for the reasons Wilmore mentioned that you didn't quote.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2012, 08:56:22 PM »
Interesting. Voliva lived in Australia. The society began in Britain. And yet you are still widely considered to be fringe lunatics by the few people who have even heard of the society.
The conclusion is that the FES has indeed has ample opportunity to prove itself valid to all the 'corners' (please excuse that poor joke) of the world. And it has failed. Exactly why it failed is a question you must ask yourselves. I would guess it has something to do with the FES being completely wrong about everything it stands for.

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2012, 11:53:42 PM »
Lord Oddfish where are you from to bash America so much? Are you from Afghanistan by any chance? You also provide zero evidence to combat the FE theory. You keep saying its wrong, its stupid, its ridiculous, can you justify your outlandish claims please! Have you personally been to outer space and saw the earth as a ball?
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 01:19:31 AM »
You also provide zero evidence to combat the FE theory.

Incorrect. I have previously proposed a simple experiment to prove that the sun is much much further away than 3000 miles up. I suggest you read the thread, conduct the experiment, and then report back to me for the aforementioned spanking and "I told you so".
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=52644.0

Also, have YOU been to space and observed the earth as a flat disc? Have you flown or sailed to the 'ice wall'?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:22:07 AM by Lord Oddfish »

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 02:16:02 AM »
Yeah, and I'm asking WHY IS THAT SO. You are the one who should read more. Like for example reading the opening post of the thread in which you are posting.
Stop wearing out your keyboard if you can't provide useful information or discussion about WHY the FES is more popular in the USA.

Please read more and post less.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 11:37:32 AM »
You also provide zero evidence to combat the FE theory.

Incorrect. I have previously proposed a simple experiment to prove that the sun is much much further away than 3000 miles up. I suggest you read the thread, conduct the experiment, and then report back to me for the aforementioned spanking and "I told you so".
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=52644.0

Also, have YOU been to space and observed the earth as a flat disc? Have you flown or sailed to the 'ice wall'?

I haven't been to space because there is no outer space. The earth is infinite horizontally and vertically.  Like Levee once said there are no other planets besides infinite earth. And by the way Oddfish the earth is not flat, infinite objects have no shape.

Bible says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The heavens is the infinite atmosphere where Sun, Moon and the stars are located, but by no means they are distant galaxies or separate independent planets and suns, our universe is infect the Earth.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:40:41 AM by New Earth »
JJA voted for Pedro

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »
If you truly believe that I fear for the future of modern science and humanity is general. Do us all a favor and do not spread your lies, humans are gullible and we would not want any more of that going around. I do not need to post anything in the realm of evidence because that would be considered an attempt to disprove what you believe, what you believe is so outrageous it need not be disproved, because it does not even exist in the first place.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 01:20:30 PM »
NE I believe you have misquoted God. In the beggining God created the heaven and the earth. KJV.  New age bibles and the NIV say heavens, which is wrong. It is a slight difference , but you know that the devil will twist slightly what God says to confuse people,even if just a little bit at a time.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 03:07:17 PM »
NE I believe you have misquoted God. In the beggining God created the heaven and the earth. KJV.  New age bibles and the NIV say heavens, which is wrong. It is a slight difference , but you know that the devil will twist slightly what God says to confuse people,even if just a little bit at a time.

are you saying that the devil had a hand in writing the bible?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »
This thread has the potential do go dangerously off it's already precarious topic.

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 03:16:19 PM »
This thread has the potential do go dangerously off it's already precarious topic.

I agree, sorry Pongo, I did not mean to be a contributor to the derailment of this topic.

On topic, I have to say that an accusation about FE being only in America and it being a disease is pretty false. Ideas can not be considered an illness, they can be wrong and poorly thought out, but not an illness. Using America as a example seems to be a new trend in anything that is going wrong in the world.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 05:48:05 PM »

The devil did not write the KJV, but he did have a hand in writing the NIV and other bibles.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »

The word used in Bereshit is "shamayim" which is plural.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2012, 10:45:30 PM »

The devil did not write the KJV, but he did have a hand in writing the NIV and other bibles.

Hey Hoppy, Does that mean most modern bibles are incorrect? please do not take this as me arguing with you , I am really just asking a question I do not know anything about this subject, but I am curious about the subject. Is modern religion interpreting the bible incorrectly? Do most modern Christians that use the King James bible not worship the correct way? Once again I really am not trying to start an argument I just would like to hear what the background of this claim is. I do not follow religion  so I do not know enough about this subject to even try to claim anything.  So take my questions with a grain of salt if you want to, I would just like to know some facts.

I was in catholic school for 4 years, I am Polish hence why I am catholic, to a degree I kind of stopped with religion after pope John Paul II claimed limbo is false sense I do not believe any human can claim God is wrong in anything So if humans deem God is wrong God must not exist and is just a made up means to control the masses.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:07:15 PM by BoatswainsMate »

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »
I haven't been to space because there is no outer space. The earth is infinite horizontally and vertically.  Like Levee once said there are no other planets besides infinite earth. And by the way Oddfish the earth is not flat, infinite objects have no shape.

Bible says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The heavens is the infinite atmosphere where Sun, Moon and the stars are located, but by no means they are distant galaxies or separate independent planets and suns, our universe is infect the Earth.

LOL. Ok so I can just say "America doesn't exist" because I've never been there? Wow, come on.
The bible also says it's ok to sell your daughter into slavery. And people who work on saturday should have their heads cut off.
On topic, I have to say that an accusation about FE being only in America and it being a disease is pretty false. Ideas can not be considered an illness, they can be wrong and poorly thought out, but not an illness. Using America as a example seems to be a new trend in anything that is going wrong in the world.

Yeah the 'intellectual maleria' thing was a (thinly, I thought) veiled insult/joke that I threw in there. Flat-earth-itis? Come on as if I'm being serious about it being a disease  :D
I was just trying to get the conversation fired up. I don't have anything against Americans in general but I will say they have a reputation for being under-educated about the rest of the world, and I think that really does contribute to people believing flat earth mumbo jumbo.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2012, 07:05:45 PM »
Lord Oddflush, do you mind telling us in which country you reside?

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2012, 07:15:38 PM »
Australia.
You know, that place which some FE literature claims doesn't even exist.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2012, 07:26:06 PM »
Fosters, Australian for beer.

Get a sense of humor, dude.  You said you are a comedian.  I have yet to read anything funny from you.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:48:50 PM by jroa »

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2012, 07:51:03 PM »
Fosters, Australian for beer.

Get a sense of humor, dude.  You said you are a comedian.  I have yet to read anything funny from you.

The FES is indeed far more hilarious than I will ever be.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »
Tis true, you soggy rag.

?

Demouse

• Mods don't like my haiku
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2012, 11:47:11 PM »
I've actually noticed that of the people who come here to troll/make fun of/debate against the flat earthers there is a dispropotionately large number of us Aussies.

Coincidence? I'm sure it isn't that people from other countries have more respect for the concept of a flat earth. Why are there so many Aussies here then?

Oh Skycake.... Why are you so delicious?

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 11:53:26 PM »
I've actually noticed that of the people who come here to troll/make fun of/debate against the flat earthers there is a dispropotionately large number of us Aussies.

Coincidence? I'm sure it isn't that people from other countries have more respect for the concept of a flat earth. Why are there so many Aussies here then?

Earn your respect by proving your outrageous claims.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 12:01:03 AM »

Australia does not exist.  They are the conspiracy. 

?

Demouse

• Mods don't like my haiku
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 12:04:17 AM »

Australia does not exist.  They are the conspiracy.

Well this is a new development. Last time I was here the generally accepted map of the Flat Earth included Australia.

Now I have to prove I exist?

Oh Skycake.... Why are you so delicious?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2012, 12:11:19 AM »
If you believe that you live in Australia, it is because the conspiracy wants you to believe it.

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2012, 12:22:38 AM »
If you believe that you live in Australia, it is because the conspiracy wants you to believe it.

:o
Oh I thought you were actually a FEer. So I've been wasting my time arguing with a troll who doesn't actually believe FET?