The anomaly of flat-earther population distribution.

• 68 Replies
The anomaly of flat-earther population distribution.
« on: May 29, 2012, 02:02:19 AM »
Hey flat earthers and round earthers.
 I haven't posted here in a while because the allure of the real world was just too strong. BUT while I was gone I did some research and asked a whole lot of questions to a whole lot of different people.
 In my actual day to day life in Sydney I spoke to lots of people about the flat earth society and hardly anyone had heard of it, but most had heard of the flat earth concept. Everyone I spoke to about the concept of a flat earth thought it was hilarious and/or stupid and/or downright offensive to literally thousands of years of brilliant science which we use in our day to day lives. Not one person was even slightly sceptical about the roundness of the earth.
And when looking online, it seems as though the vast majority of Flat-Earthers are from the United States of America.
I'm just wondering what everybody makes of that.
My personal opinion, which I wouldn't dream of forcing upon anyone else, is that the flat-earth concept is a sort of intellectual disease which is mostly contained geographically, but has popped up in other places from time to time. Kind of like maleria. Intellectual maleria.
What do YOU think?
I came. I saw. I poked fun. I tried to explain things. I failed.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

?

BoatswainsMate

• You just been Tom Bishop'ed
Re: The anomaly of flat-earther population distribution.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:57:41 AM »
Well I would like to say that most Americans are not that gullible as some of the followers of FE. My whole boat laughs at this site while underway. We even tested a few things out on patrol just to pass the time (like your hole in the paper same size sun experiment)

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:26:02 AM »
Yeah, I'm not here bashing Americans (this time at least, hehe). Dumb ideas happen all over the world. This dumb idea just happens to be concentrated in the USA and I think it's just because firstly it started there, and secondly it's actually TOO dumb an idea to really spread far and wide like, for example, the mystical powers of coloured rocks - a belief held by many gullible people all over this ROUND earth of ours.
But FET will always be widely regarded as ignorant backwards nonsense by 99.99% of earth, regardless of what is said on this forum. Enjoy :)

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 06:27:24 AM »
I don't think you have lurked enough. Cliched maybe, but true.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 07:27:49 AM »

I don't have time to sift through ten thousand old rubbish posts about 'the conspiracy' and offensive misunderstandings of the laws of physics in order to find something this specific. If you don't like my question and refuse to answer it, then piss off.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 10:29:03 AM »

I don't have time to sift through ten thousand old rubbish posts about 'the conspiracy' and offensive misunderstandings of the laws of physics in order to find something this specific.

Then you don't have time for this website at all.

If you don't like my question and refuse to answer it, then piss off.

Something similar applies to you and the terms of this website.

Rushy

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 10:34:31 AM »
If you don't wish to put in time or effort into a subject, then you are doomed to never understand it.

?

Thork

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
I would surmise that when you come to an English-speaking website, you will probably find the distribution of users to be more American than anything else. I happen to be British, but being as there are 5 times as many American's as Brits on (flat) earth, that should mean by the law of averages that there are 5 times as many merkins as Brits on this site. And that's probably about right. We also have Canadians and Aussies. In fact a few Aussies, but they they tend to run the night shift (from my perspective).
You aren't likely to come up against as many Europeans, because you live on the other side of the disk. That means that fortunately for them, they are in bed when you decide to spray your retarted observations across the super information highway.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:41:40 AM by Thork »

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »
you mean the other side of the globe right Thork? hahaha

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 12:10:15 PM »
my friends sir name was murkin, man he had the piss ripped out of him for all his teenage years.

?

Thork

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 12:43:19 PM »
you mean the other side of the globe right Thork? hahaha
No, I was quite specific.

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »
The idea of flat earth is not an American idea. Most all ancient cosmologies viewed the world to be flat. I don't believe Americans wrote the bible and Koran, two books that state the world is flat.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

squevil

• Official Member
  • Im Telling On You
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »
The idea of flat earth is not an American idea. Most all ancient cosmologies viewed the world to be flat. I don't believe Americans wrote the bible and Koran, two books that state the world is flat.

im sure most americans would tell you otherwise. jesus usually look like a yank too. yet he wasnt

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 05:08:47 PM »

im sure most americans would tell you otherwise.

Wut?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 06:18:28 PM »

im sure most americans would tell you otherwise. jesus usually look like a yank too. yet he wasnt

The image of Jesus actually came from Rome, not from Yankees.
JJA voted for Pedro

Lorddave

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 06:58:38 PM »
Thork said it best. Larger population = more chance of something.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 07:38:36 PM »
The image of Jesus actually came from Rome, not from Yankees.

Levee might dispute that.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
Yeah, I'm not here bashing Americans (this time at least, hehe). Dumb ideas happen all over the world. This dumb idea just happens to be concentrated in the USA and I think it's just because firstly it started there, and secondly it's actually TOO dumb an idea to really spread far and wide like, for example, the mystical powers of coloured rocks - a belief held by many gullible people all over this ROUND earth of ours.

Very few of us have met in person. I'm not sure why you think FET spread across the United States like a disease when the vast majority of us came here independently.

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 09:48:28 PM »

Hardly any Muslims are Flat-Earthers. Do you know any who are members here? Their flat earth beliefs are not the same as those of the Flat Earth society. For one, the Flat Earth society does not assert that Allah created the earth.
Most of those other ancient cultures who believed the world was flat are extinct.  For good reasons.

?

BoatswainsMate

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 10:07:29 PM »
I agree with Lord Oddfish, the ancient cultures that believed the earth was flat either died out, or changed their view based on new information from some very birght minds of their time.

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 10:52:33 PM »
Very few of us have met in person. I'm not sure why you think FET spread across the United States like a disease when the vast majority of us came here independently.

That is interesting feedback. That's the kind of info I'm looking for. Very interesting...Flat-Earth-itis is mostly spontaneous, not usually spread by contact.
So then why is it so concentrated in the USA?

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 11:49:21 PM »

Hardly any Muslims are Flat-Earthers. Do you know any who are members here? Their flat earth beliefs are not the same as those of the Flat Earth society. For one, the Flat Earth society does not assert that Allah created the earth.
Most of those other ancient cultures who believed the world was flat are extinct.  For good reasons.

Correct most Muslims are not flat earthers, just like most Christians are not flat earthers. Never the less both the bible and the Koran say that the world is flat. Bible says many things that Christians just do not follow or no longer believe. The idea of round earth is the most indoctrinating idea of all times, only followed by the theory of evolution.

Can you also please tell me the reasons these ancient cultures extinct? You said they extinct for good reasons, I want you to name me some of these cultures and then give me good reasons why they no longer here.
JJA voted for Pedro

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 04:24:37 AM »
Never the less both the bible and the Koran say that the world is flat.
Can you also please tell me the reasons these ancient cultures extinct? You said they extinct for good reasons, I want you to name me some of these cultures and then give me good reasons why they no longer here.

Yeh the bible says its ok to sell your daughter into slavery. And if you work on saturday you must have your head cut off. And if you should touch a woman during her period you can make up for it by setting fire to small animals.What I'm saying here is... IT'S FULL OF CRAP. Including, but not limited to, the flat earth belief.

The reason those cultures no longer exist is because they are outdated and savage and primitive. Again, including, but not limited to, their belief that the world is flat. They were wiped out by more advanced societies and cultures.
 The ancient egyptians believed all kinds of insane nonsense which have been proved wrong by science. To be honest, since they were indeed ancient, you can't blame them for making simple assumptions until science showed them the real way things are. But I CAN criticise people in the western world in year 2012 for thinking earth is flat, because THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH IGNORANCE!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:30:42 AM by Lord Oddfish »

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 10:05:58 AM »

That is interesting feedback. That's the kind of info I'm looking for. Very interesting...Flat-Earth-itis is mostly spontaneous, not usually spread by contact.
So then why is it so concentrated in the USA?

???  Thork already answered that:

I would surmise that when you come to an English-speaking website, you will probably find the distribution of users to be more American than anything else. I happen to be British, but being as there are 5 times as many American's as Brits on (flat) earth, that should mean by the law of averages that there are 5 times as many merkins as Brits on this site. And that's probably about right. We also have Canadians and Aussies. In fact a few Aussies, but they they tend to run the night shift (from my perspective).
You aren't likely to come up against as many Europeans, because you live on the other side of the disk. That means that fortunately for them, they are in bed when you decide to spray your retarted observations across the super information highway.

I really don't see what the point of this thread is.

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 01:00:04 PM »
Never the less both the bible and the Koran say that the world is flat.

Yeh the bible says its ok to sell your daughter into slavery. And if you work on saturday you must have your head cut off. And if you should touch a woman during her period you can make up for it by setting fire to small animals.What I'm saying here is... IT'S FULL OF CRAP. Including, but not limited to, the flat earth belief.

The reason those cultures no longer exist is because they are outdated and savage and primitive. Again, including, but not limited to, their belief that the world is flat. They were wiped out by more advanced societies and cultures.
 The ancient egyptians believed all kinds of insane nonsense which have been proved wrong by science. To be honest, since they were indeed ancient, you can't blame them for making simple assumptions until science showed them the real way things are. But I CAN criticise people in the western world in year 2012 for thinking earth is flat, because THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH IGNORANCE!

You obviously misread or misinterpreted the bible, and although bible is not a feminist women's rights book, it does not encourage slavery, animal abuse or murder. But do not take the bible literally for it is a very symbolic document, therefore it must be carefully studied and properly translated to get the meaning.

Also you are very wrong about ancients being savage or primitive. The Egyptians that you so rudely degraded built pyramids that up to this day could not be replicated or build by modern men with all our "great" technology. Egyptians had mystery schools where secrets of the universe were learned. Egyptians even mastered flight and anti gravity. But of course your classroom teacher will never tell you that.

I also suggest that you look into the ancient India and study Vedas, that civilization also had flight and the aircraft was called Vimana. All this information is easily accessible.  The ancients knew this earth and understood its secrets a lot better then we can ever imagine today. However the conspiracy and mainstream academia will tell you otherwise. They want you to think that the ancients were savages with primitive technology and false views of the world, that is the furthest from the truth friend. To be honest with you our society and our modern world is a lot more savage then any ancient civilization. I laugh when people make a big deal out of an i phone or an ipod thinking it some great technological achievement. They truly know nothing of history of the ancient earth.
JJA voted for Pedro

?

MrT

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 01:07:29 PM »
Egyptians had mystery schools where secrets of the universe were learned. Egyptians even mastered flight and anti gravity.

I also suggest that you look into the ancient India and study Vedas, that civilization also had flight and the aircraft was called Vimana.

Do you have sources for these claims?  Why would our "classroom teachers" want to hide this?  What would be gained? 

If these ancient civilizations had this amazing technology and understanding of the world, what happened to them?  Why was this technology and information lost (and if it was lost, how do we know they had it)?  And if there are those today who know about it, why aren't they replicating the technology and spreading the word?  If this information is so "easily found" how are people kept so clueless, and by whom?  Why?

While I don't debate the difficulty and cost of replicating the Pyramids, what makes you think we couldn't build them today?

Edit:  By the way, I have seen the carvings which seem to depict what we consider flying machines (dirigibles, planes, helicopters, etc.).  But I've also seen logical arguments explaining those carvings (meaning, showing they don't represent planes, etc.).  Also, if they had some sort of technology far beyond what we have now, why would we presume to recognize it from a wall carving?  How would we know what a super advanced, ancient egyptian aircraft would look like?  I've seen the hypotheses and musings about the possibility of Egypt and others having advanced technology, but it has all been based on very weak "evidence" and was basically nothing more than wild speculation.  You state it as if it's fact and anyone can descover these facts for themselves, yet we simultaneously don't understand it and it's being kept from us. 

Edit #2:  I also wonder what this has to do with the original topic.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 01:32:54 PM by MrT »
The above is not meant to be an attack or inflammatory, it's just what I think.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
I don't understand

rooster

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 01:20:51 PM »
The current organization started in England...

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:33 PM »
Egyptians had mystery schools where secrets of the universe were learned. Egyptians even mastered flight and anti gravity.

I also suggest that you look into the ancient India and study Vedas, that civilization also had flight and the aircraft was called Vimana.

Do you have sources for these claims?  Why would our "classroom teachers" want to hide this?  What would be gained? 

If these ancient civilizations had this amazing technology and understanding of the world, what happened to them?  Why was this technology and information lost (and if it was lost, how do we know they had it)?  And if there are those today who know about it, why aren't they replicating the technology and spreading the word?  If this information is so "easily found" how are people kept so clueless, and by whom?  Why?

While I don't debate the difficulty and cost of replicating the Pyramids, what makes you think we couldn't build them today?

Edit:  By the way, I have seen the carvings which seem to depict what we consider flying machines (dirigibles, planes, helicopters, etc.).  But I've also seen logical arguments explaining those carvings (meaning, showing they don't represent planes, etc.).  Also, if they had some sort of technology far beyond what we have now, why would we presume to recognize it from a wall carving?  How would we know what a super advanced, ancient egyptian aircraft would look like?  I've seen the hypotheses and musings about the possibility of Egypt and others having advanced technology, but it has all been based on very weak "evidence" and was basically nothing more than wild speculation.  You state it as if it's fact and anyone can descover these facts for themselves, yet we simultaneously don't understand it and it's being kept from us. 

Edit #2:  I also wonder what this has to do with the original topic.

You asked a lot of questions so let me try to answer them briefly. Of course I have sources for these claims. Like I said they are easily found on the internet. Just google "Vimana Shastra" or do extensive search on Egyptian technology. I can post few links but that would mean spoon feeding you information and I don't believe in it. Few links also wouldn't do justice to this broad topic, there are plenty of good information about this online google will do the trick.  Now why would a classroom teacher (mainstream academia) hide this information? Mainly because ancient technology required no oil or fuel, they used free energy, levitation and anti gravity, utilizing solar energy and crystals. This technology is actually very cheap, so if we were told the truth, we would demand this technology for ourselves and all oil companies will go out of business overnight. So this is one reason why you are being mislead by conspiracy (mainstream academia) Second reason of why classroom teacher is full of shit is because if they admit to you that the ancient cultures were indeed advanced, it would rewrite an entire human history and severely challenge the theory of evolution, which is basically the bible of the New World Order and that is something they will never give up. So yes they will continue to teach you that our modern world is the most advanced ever existed.

Vedas and other ancient texts state that the world already ended few times due to natural disasters and also wars between various civilizations. These ancient technologies are thousands of years old, so this is why perhaps most of it is lost. However not all of it is lost and I believe most of it is held in the possession of the conspiracy. I honestly think that we haven't invented an airplane, rocket, submarine, automobile and other technologies, I think we simply recreated something that we found, something that the ancients had.

The problem is that we live in capitalist society where its not about science or technology but about money and profit. I mean look what happened to Tesla, he was ready to give the world free energy and look what they did to him and his works. 

I mean you think that the governments of this planet are some benevolent beings that always serve the people with best science and best possible inventions known to men? That is the furthest from the truth, they deny us true technology and grab all the best for themselves, feeding us disinformation and indoctrinate us with falsehood every day.

But a simple research will tell you that the ancient world was extremely spiritual, extremely technologically advanced and very civilized. Another reason why the ancients are presented to be primitive is because most of this ancient civilizations were non white.  Our modern academia is dominated by Western culture and may they are too afraid to admit that non whites were once capable of great things. We were taught that all great technology came from the West and that white man invented everything. So of course they are going to completely discredit Egypt, Babylon, ancient Maya or India.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 06:07:59 PM by New Earth »
JJA voted for Pedro

?

MrT

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
Lots of stuff.

I appreciate you taking the time to actually write out a response.

While I don't share your beliefs on the subject, I have been reading a bit since my last post, and it is interesting.  I haven't yet seen anything in the way of proof (particularly of a worldwide conspiracy involving oil, perpetual energy, racism, etc.), but there is some interesting reading out there.
The above is not meant to be an attack or inflammatory, it's just what I think.

Quote from: Tom Bishop
I don't understand

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »
Thank you Mr T for having an open mind, and also keep in mind that whatever the conspiracy claims as prove or true, does not  really mean that its the case. I strongly suggest that you do some research on ancient aircraft called Vimanas, they are described in details on multiple websites.
JJA voted for Pedro